Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn (9272 Views)

Pastor's Only Son Beheads 11-year-old Girl For Rituals, Stabs Another (photo) / Cultists Shoot APC Chieftain's Only Son To Death / Woman Sets An Only Son On Fire, Stabs His Mother & Sister (graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by VGA: 9:20am On Sep 17, 2009
A father in Lagos, Friday Obot who hails from Akwa Ibom State, has murdered his only son, Michael, 11, for losing the toilet door bolt. Another reason cited for the abominable act was Michael’s alleged stubbornness. The incident occurred in, Awolowo Way area of Ikeja. “He had repeatedly told Michael that he was going to kill him,” the grieving mother, Mercy told Daily Sun in tears.

Problem was said to have started on Thursday, September 10, 2009, when Michael misplaced the toilet door bolt.
Daily Sun gathered since the victim lost the bolt his father had made life miserable for him, as it had always been battering, scolding and threats from him.

“But I intervened and asked him to forget it, as we can always replace it. Michael lost confidence and trust in his father, as he was always beating and harassing him, even over matters he would have ordinarily ignored,” she wept profusely.
She narrated how her husband raised the issue of the missing bolt again, when she returned from the market and how she tactfully tried to change the topic. Midway into their discussions, she said her husband suddenly reverted to the lost bolt and continued the threat.

“For fear of what the father might do to him, Michael ran out of the house and slept with a cart pusher (mallam) who lives opposite our room. But on Saturday, September 12, 2009, the father of two allegedly went to where his son was taking refuge, dragged him out and later into his room.

The victim’s little sister, Blessing, who witnessed the incident, disclosed to the mother how her father used pestle, including machete, to torture her brother, to the point that he could no longer walk. As he was weeping, Blessing said Michael requested for water to drink, a request she said, their father turned down.
It was when Obot went to buy some packs of Indomie that Michael tried to sneak out of the house of torture to escape, but collapsed as a result of the torture. “That was when they came to call me from the market. We rushed him to the hospital but he was rejected and referred him to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja.

Michael was given two drips and he passed out as he was taking the third one.
Obot’s landlord, Mr. Obadina Simeon, who said the victim had been living in his house for the past years, described him as cafeteria worker. He told Daily Sun that he (landlord) reported the murder case to the Area ‘F’ Police Command, Ikeja.

The Lagos State Deputy Police Public Relations Officer (DPPRO), Mr. Onyeisi Nwaolai, who confirmed the incident said the case had been transferred to the Homicide section of the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID), Panti, Yaba, Lagos.

Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by whitelexi(m): 9:31am On Sep 17, 2009
This is not romantic naaa. . . kai but the boy looks stubborn sha - may his soul rest in peace.
Uju, i hope u are seeing this face?? My pikins must not look this stubborn ohhhhh grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by VGA: 9:36am On Sep 17, 2009
may his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by Kelvinj(m): 9:44am On Sep 17, 2009
i dnt tink dis is an ordinary murder case, itz has 2 do wit ritual murder.
The man don use im pikin do sarcrifies 4 owo/ego. Xmas is @ hand i guez
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 17, 2009
9ja parents can be too harsh kia, may his soul rest in peace.

I remember the ass whoopings I got as a child cry
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by whitelexi(m): 9:53am On Sep 17, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

9ja parents can be too harsh kia, may his soul rest in peace.

I remember the ass whoopings I got as a child cry

That ass whooping has got u where u are today, u should say thank u to the ass whoopers grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by MissyB1(m): 9:55am On Sep 17, 2009
The heart of man . . . . .  sad

R.I.P Child!
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 17, 2009
whitelexi:

That ass whooping has got u where u are today, u should say thank u to the ass whoopers grin grin grin

You aint lying about that grin funny thing is when i tell my parents about it they pretend that they cant remember grin
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by r231(m): 10:04am On Sep 17, 2009
wow
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by Yumi(f): 10:09am On Sep 17, 2009
There is a difference between a slapping for what you did wrong and being abused, tortured and killed. The child was almost like a victim of a civil war. Thats mad child abuse. Thats awful I hope that man is ready for what is going to happen to him now, his life will be hell and thats what he deserves. What goes around comes around noone gets away with anything. I am sure there is a special place in hell for people like that.
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 17, 2009
Yumi:

There is a difference between a slapping for what you did wrong and being abused, tortured and killed. The child was almost like a victim of a civil war. Thats mad child abuse. Thats awful I hope that man is ready for what is going to happen to him now, his life will be hell and thats what he deserves. What goes around comes around noone gets away with anything. I am sure there is a special place in hell for people like that.

I couldnt agree more with you, unfourtunately there is no social care system so things like this will continue.
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by Secretz(f): 10:20am On Sep 17, 2009
Hot tempered fathered taking out his own personal psychotic issues on his pickin. What lesson is he supposed to have taught his son now that he is 6 feet under! Mschewww! KMT! Hissssssss! angry
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by VGA: 10:20am On Sep 17, 2009
we still have a long way to go
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by MissyB1(m): 10:49am On Sep 17, 2009
Secretz:

Hot tempered fathered taking out his own personal psychotic issues on his pickin. What lesson is he supposed to have taught his son now that he is 6 feet under! Mschewww! KMT! Hissssssss!  angry
. . . . .and to think the man had guts to go get packs of indomie
after beating life outta his son w/o contrition. angry  grin sad

B.T.W . . .Fine picshure . . . beautiful dentition.
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by Secretz(f): 11:11am On Sep 17, 2009
Missy B:

. . . . .and to think the man had guts to go get packs of indomie
after beating life outta his son w/o contrition. angry grin sad

B.T.W . . .Fine picshure . . . beautiful dentition.

abi ooooo! grin

Thank you sweety, I am demanding a job with Colgate/Aquafresh. kiss
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by PHINO: 11:12am On Sep 17, 2009
dis isnt a funny story at all.d father shld be jailed for murder.wats dis country turning in2 such a flimpsy excuse 2 kill a poor child.r.i.p.
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by MissyB1(m): 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2009
PHINO:

dis isnt a funny story at all.d father shld be jailed for murder.[b]wats dis country turning in2 [/b]such a flimpsy excuse 2 kill a poor child.r.i.p.
It's not a ''This Country'' thing . . . .T's a ''This World'' thing.
It happens everywhere even in the western world. . . . t's not venial but it happens.

Here . . . .Just 2 days ago a man killed his daughter because she was dating
a dude who isn't of same religion wiff 'em.
Anatha money begging dude stabbed a man who said he didn't have money to give him.
No be Naija fault . . . .these things happen ev'rywhere.
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by Yumi(f): 12:13pm On Sep 17, 2009
Yep the difference is when it happens in the Western world its called child abuse and the man is publicly condemmed. In Nigeria there needs to be a clear message sent out that child abuse, lying and cheating on your wife and even fraud or not funny or things that are ok or tongue in cheek. I have seen lots of kids beaten so bad its abuse, especially house girls and house boys who have to live with relatives and are at their mercy. Its sickening and if it was in Western world I am not saying it doesn't happen but when it does there is a public outcry and it is condemmed.
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by r231(m): 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2009
Yumi:

Yep the difference is when it happens in the Western world its called child abuse and the man is publicly condemmed. In Nigeria there needs to be a clear message sent out that child abuse, lying and cheating on your wife and even fraud or not funny or things that are ok or tongue in cheek. I have seen lots of kids beaten so bad its abuse, especially house girls and house boys who have to live with relatives and are at their mercy. Its sickening and if it was in Western world I am not saying it doesn't happen but when it does there is a public outcry and it is condemmed.

you are very rite.

I actually knw someone dat brought their housegirl or whatever they want to call her to UK den started beating and doing all sort of things to her. one day she just spoke to a friend of the family about it and before you knw it police and social services got involved and they where locked up for child abuse and social service have to move the girl away frm them they are still going to court for it up till now.
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 17, 2009
whitelexi:

This is not romantic naaa. . . kai but the boy looks stubborn sha - may his soul rest in peace.
Uju, i hope u are seeing this face?? My pikins must not look this stubborn ohhhhh grin grin grin

Or what?? You'll kill him shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by Glorya(f): 4:43pm On Sep 17, 2009
God have mercy upon us in this country. How stubborn can that child be that his father, his own father would have to kill him. This world is turning into something else. This country has to take up child abuse as a serious matter or else,
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:48pm On Sep 17, 2009
over a door bolt.

what a sociopath.

All these frustrated lunatics having kids.
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by sweetliet: 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2009
that man is bad news. how can a father kill his own son? i sense something else in dis matter.

may his sturborn soul rest in peace thou.
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by saworoide: 5:13pm On Sep 17, 2009
He must have been beating this child habitually before it resulted to death that day. If he had been cautioned / charged for child abuse long ago and deprived of access to the children, this would not have happened.

May the good Lord have mercy on the child's soul.
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by totalfact(m): 5:21pm On Sep 17, 2009
Intuitively, it is obvious from the story, the boy was not the man's real son. the man has been seeking for means to kill the boy.
Surely, we shall meet at the judgement day. When the man we see the boy face to face. I cannot imagine what the man would begin to say!
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by okeey(m): 5:29pm On Sep 17, 2009
haaaaaaaaaaaaa,d man also need to be kill coz he can not go free.And wht any other person can not do to him.
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by lysaa(f): 6:14pm On Sep 17, 2009
One or a hundred sons, this is murder. My first thought is that the man is possessed. Those devils that kept bringing back the thought of the missing bolt have accomplisehed their mission.to me sha,any man who doesn't have feelings for his fellow man (needless to say a son) is insane or posessed by devils.

Thanks Seun.
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by seyibobo(m): 6:24pm On Sep 17, 2009
Na wa oooooo. sad
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by sammytb(m): 6:34pm On Sep 17, 2009
Oh wat a story, RIP child
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by Bisowo(f): 7:14pm On Sep 17, 2009
whitelexi:

Really tragic. And even more tragic is the fact that some people can actually make light of this story.
Re: Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn by ZUBBYNWA(m): 7:17pm On Sep 17, 2009
nawa i woun't try this rubbish, the man suppose to be killed too.at least the boy is too young to kill because of stubbornessn if i am the boy immediately i die the man should  follow me what a stupid attutitude

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shocking Video Shows Beheading Of The CAN Chairman - Graphic / EFCC Arraigns 65-Year-Old Man For Currency Counterfeiting In Kaduna (Photo) / Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.