Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,983 members, 7,814,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone (18248 Views)

Which Was Your First Phone? (Photo) / I Thought I Lost My Phone But This Man Returned It. (pic) / How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by antieverything(m): 7:39pm On Jul 25, 2016
this is so important ...mtcheeew!
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Greenback: 7:44pm On Jul 25, 2016
I lost mine when i boarded a bus @boundary enroute mile2. I occupied the front seat and on my way to my buddy's @mazamaza,i noticed my nokia baby wasnt in my jeans pocket no more..gaaddemit,i was mad @me onesy...the phone had slipped off.. Got to my friend's and used his phone to dial my #,it kept ringing with no response..after many trials,an elderly voice answered,it was the same driver of the bus i boarded earlier and he had been on the wheels,reason why he couldnt pick my calls... Long n short was that moi got my nokia baby back,hale and hearty,fit and strong,whole and complete the very next day...HALLELUYAH,SOMEBODY!

1 Like

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by monlawal(m): 8:00pm On Jul 25, 2016
When my phone was stolen, I did not feel it the day it was stolen. The next day when i woke up and i realized that i was never gonna see my beautiful flip phone anymore i fell sick instantly.
This is what happen, i was busy on the desktop typing some work when two persons came in asking to see the manager. I did not know if they had in mind to steal my phone or it just occured to them to steal it after i went into the inner office to call him. What i know is when i came back into the main office my phone and the visitors were no where to be seen again till date.

1 Like

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Ptoocool(m): 8:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
Elparaiso:
To the bastard that tore my window's net and took my phone last year, God might have forgiven you, but I have not.

grin grin grin I know how it feels, I've been there too and then I was like "God forgives I don't I don't" grin

2 Likes

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by UndisputedBosom(m): 8:07pm On Jul 25, 2016
Nice suppose-sad-but-funny story you got up there.....

Actually i've lost phone twice or should i say i lost one in my place of work then in a Cyber cafè and the other one was robbed off at gunpoint in my own house after panel beatin and stappin me at my left shoulder, they collected the phone with mom's and every "collectable" valuables in the house and left me in a pool of my own blood cry

If not for God "only" i would've turned demon just to make sure i taught 'em life lesson......but i leave vengeance to God cox he handles it better grin
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Richy4(m): 8:08pm On Jul 25, 2016
Your story is kind of funny op
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by kabanayol9(m): 8:24pm On Jul 25, 2016
I have never lost a phone before, but loose one to armed robbers, I brought it out willingly nokia torch aka tan ina si obe after my friend received d slap of the year, the effect of the slap dey gave to my friend affected me the more, Lolz.

1 Like

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by dnawah(m): 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
How I got that phone was a miracle. For months, I downloaded every nice photo I saw of it on the internet.
I read ALL of the reviews on GSM ARENA. I saved penny by penny and one semester’s holiday, I stayed over at an aunt’s and on the day I was due to leave, she gave me enough money that completed my savings for the phone.

I remember brimming with smiles as I walked into a branch of Slot to purchase my Nokia e-Series. That day was one of the happiest days in my life. My phone became my family, boyfriend and best friend until the original owner came for it.

3pm one sunny afternoon, I went to the salon to retouch my hair. I was the only customer in the salon and my head was completely bent while my hairdresser kept applying relaxer.
My best friend was charging in a corner. Little did I know the last time I held it in my hands was the last time I was going to see my baby, dead or alive.

I remembered my hair dresser talking to a little boy who walked in, telling him she had no hair dye to sell. I didn’t see his face but I guessed he shouldn’t be more than 14 years old judging by the sound of his voice. Immediately he left, I remembered getting up to pick my phone but it was nowhere to be found, the charger dangling by the wall.

I panicked! That mini-heart attack you get when your phone mysteriously disappears from your pocket. I quickly collected my hairdresser’s phone and dialed my number. My worst fears were confirmed. The phone was switched off.
I sat on the ground and screamed. The hairdresser said the boy that came in probably took it. She said he rode a bicycle. I got up and walked to the left end on the street, and then to the right end of the street with my hands on my head. Then I ran left, and then right, asking people if they saw a boy rode past in a bicycle. I was losing my mind.
Usually, I never leave relaxer on my hair for more than ten minutes but I cared less that day. I didn’t care about the heat, the burns or my thinning hair strands. I was running left and right on the street with relaxer on my head.

A small group of people had gathered in front of the saloon to ask my hairdresser why her customer was running mad as my hairdresser narrated the incident to them. Two girls held my hands and begged me to at least allow her wash the relaxer.

It was getting to an hour and I refused to wash the relaxer.
Anyway, I didn’t leave the saloon until 7:30pm that day cos I had no willpower to walk.

When I got to my hostel that night, I met some of my friends waiting in my corner. Bad news travel fast indeed. They knew how much I dotted on my phone and they came to register their condolences. In a bid to console me, my friends were saying, “Don’t worry, that person that stole your phone has taken all your problems in this life!!!”
I was like, “Did I tell you people I have a problem with my problems? He should bring back my phone and my problems!”

I was inconsolable

That night I cried myself to sleep. I prayed for a miracle. I wished I backed-up my photos and data, I regretted going to the saloon, I regretted having hair. The thought that an illiterate boy was going to sell my N48,000 phone for N5,000 hurt me.
I wore black that week as though I was mourning….

When I showed no signs of improvement, five of my friends rallied and contributed 2’K each for me to get a London used version of the phone. Sister gave me 10K, I had 10’K and I was able to find a guy on Twitter that sold his for me for 30k.
I still have the replacement with me and though it isn’t working properly, I smile every time I stare at it.

If I lose a phone again (GOD FORBIDS!), I will surely act that way cos I have this special connection with material things I buy with my money, especially when I save for 9 months, clean kitchens, sweep and babysit kids to afford it.

What’s your experience losing a phone?

http://www.naijasinglegirl.com/time-ran-mad-losing-phone/
take am easy o!it means it became ur god.learn a lesson dear,GOD loves u.he doesn't want anything come between u and him.u may still lost another one again.HE is jealous.
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by naijafox(m): 8:37pm On Jul 25, 2016
OMo I don lost phones o, e better make Itrek from ikpoba hill to barrack than to lose phone, my first ever phone " one used Nokia like dat " forget am for bus l. I nor 2 feel dat one sha
My gionee m2,my precious gionee m2,hnmmmmm na Wetin origin and mama Justina pepper soup for Adolor road cause, I forget the phone for bus based on highness, I sick for 2 weeks, I almost die that period

Them just early this year, I just buy new innjoo Max 2 plus, I never even test the function finish, Just a week late, one idiot snatched am from Window for bus as I dey make call inside the bus,l.me ,my bros and some passengers pursue the idiot, the fool Don already throw the phone give e collegue but unfortunately the phone come fall for inside drainage.........i almost mad, after we use blow and slap arrange e face small.. Police picked the idiot. The fool com go confessed say im na bird, them charge am to court judge sentence am to 7 years after them adlourned the case 3 times,

No regrets, make the idiot die there

Since that day I dey move around with torch phone, my Samsung Note 4 dey house, I dey reply my chats, browse when I reach house

4 Likes

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by naijafox(m): 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2016
OMo I don lost phones o, e better make Itrek from ikpoba hill to barrack than to lose phone, my first ever phone " one used Nokia like dat " forget am for bus l. I nor 2 feel dat one sha
My gionee m2,my precious gionee m2,hnmmmmm na Wetin origin and mama Justina pepper soup for Adolor road cause, I forget the phone for bus based on highness, I sick for 2 weeks, I almost die that period

Them just early this year, I just buy new innjoo Max 2 plus, I never even test the function finish, Just a week late, one idiot snatched am from Window for bus as I dey make call inside the bus,l.me ,my bros and some passengers pursue the idiot, the fool Don already throw the phone give e collegue but unfortunately the phone come fall for inside drainage.........i almost mad, after we use blow and slap arrange e face small.. Police picked the idiot. The fool com go confessed say im na bird, them charge am to court judge sentence am to 7 years after them adlourned the case 3 times,

No regrets, make the idiot die there

Since that day I dey move around with torch light phone, my Samsung Note 4 dey house, I dey reply my chats, browse when I reach house
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Greenbullet(m): 8:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
buharisbae:

the op didn't buy it herself too

but I did but I Dont see any reason running mad because of a phone
if you work for money,you will understand its value .

1 Like

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by emmyw(m): 8:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
Young03:
can't read all this
Thought Am Alone!
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
sorextee:
this ur story make me laugh die grin grin grin I could imagine the whole drama..
ive lost countless times. and all the phones I lost are Samsung

used the Samsung s1, dropped it at a charging shop, before I came back from teaching(was serving then), they've demolished the kiosk. my fone and d owner of the shop disappear.

bought Samsung s2. was robbed at nya-nya around 10pm.

bought s3, it slipped out of my pocket in a cab. I didn't know.

started using s4. was snatched at berger, wen I was playing candy crush.

bought s5. na dis one pain me pass. went to spend some days at my frnds house, they use a pit toilet. wanted to use the toilet.
the phone was in my pocket. I removed my trouser, wanted to fold it, before hanging it. na so my fone and my wallet fall inside the pit. cry cry

since then, I knew I have bad luck with Samsung fones. had to switch to sony xperia.

Bros you can lie for Africa

2 Likes

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by sorextee(m): 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2016
Where did u see the lie, let me edit it. undecided undecided
Abi na till I line up d cartons of d fones before u go bliv?

nma24:
Bros you can lie for Africa
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by ashala(m): 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2016
How can I ever forget that morning of 2006. I had saved and saved and saved to buy my dream phone, a Sony Ericsson. I had just finished my youth service programme and that particular day, I left my house for a Job Test with KPMG. My mind was so preoccupied with writing and passing the Test that I didn't even notice when my phone slipped out from my pocket in the Taxi I boarded.
I came down walked a few steps and had this feeling that all was not well. I immidietly felt my pockets and realised that my most treasured possession was gone. At that moment, my whole world came to a standstill and through out that test my mind was not even there as I mourned my lost phone. Need I mention that I failed too

Also, to that thief that tore my window net and stole my 80 gig IPOD in 2010, may you continue stealing for the rest of your life!

2 Likes

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by sorextee(m): 9:04pm On Jul 25, 2016
How dare u refer to God as he??
My frnd, change that thing, before He changes it for you. smiley

UndisputedBosom:
Nice suppose-sad-but-funny story you got up there.....

Actually i've lost phone twice or should i say i lost one in my place of work then in a Cyber cafè and the other one was robbed off at gunpoint in my own house after panel beatin and stappin me at my left shoulder, they collected the phone with mom's and every "collectable" valuables in the house and left me in a pool of my own blood cry

If not for God "only" i would've turned demon just to make sure i taught 'em life lesson......but i leave vengeance to God cox he handles it better grin
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 25, 2016
Ahh it still felt like yesterday.
So I was having FSS 102 the next day.... I went 2 sch the normal way I do go for evening classes with my roommates and neighbours.
Dropped my phone with my roommate and neighbours to observe for me ooo...
I went for tutorial nah little did I know my phone was prepping to be stolen...
After the tutorial I went to check my phone it was still there smiling at me and I sed let me kukuma gwan find some tin 2 eat ooo...
Wen I got back I was only able to see my dangling charger
I just couldn't cry even though the FSS tutorial was the last exam I had that semester.
After the exam I jux pack my bag go aus jejely.
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by udy4real(m): 9:07pm On Jul 25, 2016
They stole my phone yesterday
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Maxcollins042(m): 9:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
sorextee:
this ur story make me laugh die grin grin grin I could imagine the whole drama..
ive lost countless times. and all the phones I lost are Samsung

used the Samsung s1, dropped it at a charging shop, before I came back from teaching(was serving then), they've demolished the kiosk. my fone and d owner of the shop disappear.

bought Samsung s2. was robbed at nya-nya around 10pm.

bought s3, it slipped out of my pocket in a cab. I didn't know.

started using s4. was snatched at berger, wen I was playing candy crush.

bought s5. na dis one pain me pass. went to spend some days at my frnds house, they use a pit toilet. wanted to use the toilet.
the phone was in my pocket. I removed my trouser, wanted to fold it, before hanging it. na so my fone and my wallet fall inside the pit. cry cry

since then, I knew I have bad luck with Samsung fones. had to switch to sony xperia.

only you experienced all this? hmmm OP for dey yaba left if to say na her all this happen
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by lokop1(m): 9:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
How I got that phone was a miracle. For months, I downloaded every nice photo I saw of it on the internet.
I read ALL of the reviews on GSM ARENA. I saved penny by penny and one semester’s holiday, I stayed over at an aunt’s and on the day I was due to leave, she gave me enough money that completed my savings for the phone.

I remember brimming with smiles as I walked into a branch of Slot to purchase my Nokia e-Series. That day was one of the happiest days in my life. My phone became my family, boyfriend and best friend until the original owner came for it.

3pm one sunny afternoon, I went to the salon to retouch my hair. I was the only customer in the salon and my head was completely bent while my hairdresser kept applying relaxer.
My best friend was charging in a corner. Little did I know the last time I held it in my hands was the last time I was going to see my baby, dead or alive.

I remembered my hair dresser talking to a little boy who walked in, telling him she had no hair dye to sell. I didn’t see his face but I guessed he shouldn’t be more than 14 years old judging by the sound of his voice. Immediately he left, I remembered getting up to pick my phone but it was nowhere to be found, the charger dangling by the wall.

I panicked! That mini-heart attack you get when your phone mysteriously disappears from your pocket. I quickly collected my hairdresser’s phone and dialed my number. My worst fears were confirmed. The phone was switched off.
I sat on the ground and screamed. The hairdresser said the boy that came in probably took it. She said he rode a bicycle. I got up and walked to the left end on the street, and then to the right end of the street with my hands on my head. Then I ran left, and then right, asking people if they saw a boy rode past in a bicycle. I was losing my mind.
Usually, I never leave relaxer on my hair for more than ten minutes but I cared less that day. I didn’t care about the heat, the burns or my thinning hair strands. I was running left and right on the street with relaxer on my head.

A small group of people had gathered in front of the saloon to ask my hairdresser why her customer was running mad as my hairdresser narrated the incident to them. Two girls held my hands and begged me to at least allow her wash the relaxer.

Anyway, I didn’t leave the saloon until 7:30pm that day cos I had no willpower to walk.

When I got to my hostel that night, I met some of my friends waiting in my corner. Bad news travel fast indeed. They knew how much I dotted on my phone and they came to register their condolences. In a bid to console me, my friends were saying, “Don’t worry, that person that stole your phone has taken all your problems in this life!!!”
I was like, “Did I tell you people I have a problem with my problems? He should bring back my phone and my problems!”

I was inconsolable

That night I cried myself to sleep. I prayed for a miracle. I wished I backed-up my photos and data, I regretted going to the saloon, I regretted having hair. The thought that an illiterate boy was going to sell my N48,000 phone for N5,000 hurt me.

When I showed no signs of improvement, five of my friends rallied and contributed 2’K each for me to get a London used version of the phone. Sister gave me 10K, I had 10’K and I was able to find a guy on Twitter that sold his for me for 30k.
I still have the replacement with me and though it isn’t working properly, I smile every time I stare at it.

If I lose a phone again (GOD FORBIDS!), I will surely act that way cos I have this special connection with material things I buy with my money, especially when I save for 9 months, clean kitchens, sweep and babysit kids to afford it.

My ringing tone stl dey ring 4 me brain
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by ShilohEagle(m): 10:00pm On Jul 25, 2016
saintkel:
OP is high on osogbo weed again
grin grin grin
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by sorextee(m): 10:24pm On Jul 25, 2016
Just d same way some peeps re not lucky with a brand of phones. My younger sis has lost her iPhones twice. The second time, she was stabbed twice in her car, when the thief snatched d phone at zone 2.

Maxcollins042:
only you experienced all this? hmmm OP for dey yaba left if to say na her all this happen
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Maxcollins042(m): 10:33pm On Jul 25, 2016
sorextee:
Just d same way some peeps re not lucky with a brand of phones. My younger sis has lost her iPhones twice. The second time, she was stabbed twice in her car, when the thief snatched d phone at zone 2.

It's a good thing her life is intact.

1 Like

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 25, 2016
sorry aunty! wat year did u buy?
Naijasinglegirl:

I was inconsolable

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Marshality22: 10:56pm On Jul 25, 2016
Lolz. You never start
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by smileysmiley(f): 11:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
I went for a party, ate to my utmost satisfaction and left my phone as souvenir... E pain me like say pesin chook knife for my chest... In order to punish my careless attitude, I stayed away from getting a new one for close to 3 months, it was the 3rd phone I was misplacing in a month after all... I've never lost any phone since then

2 Likes

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by suremanpatriot: 11:22pm On Jul 25, 2016
....My dear these phone criminals are dead in conscience,they don't care if the phone owner dies of the shock of losing their phones.
THAT IS WHY ANY PHONE U ARE USING MAKE SURE U PREPARE AS FOLLOWS:
1) MAKE SURE U CAN AFFORD TO REPLACE THAT PHONE IMMEDIATELY It Is STOLEN TO DEFEAT THAT HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. BUT IF U CANNOT, THEN DON'T BUY SUCH PHONE. REMEMBER WE ARE IN A SOCIETY WHERE U CANT TRUST MANY PEOPLE IN PUBLIC.

2)WHILE ON THE ROAD MAKE SURE YOU KEEP YOUR EXPENSIVE PHONE(S) CLOSE TO INSIDE YOUR CHEST POCKET OR INSIDE YOUR BAG.

3) MAKE SURE U STAY AWAY FROM DARK PLACES AT NIGHT,ESPECIALLY IF U ARE DRESSED IN CORPORATE OR EXPENSIVE OUTFIT.
REGARDS
SECURITY MARSHAL

2 Likes

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Dilidee(m): 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
hungryboy:
Dem never thief my phone,
Since I start use phone,
But e no surprise me sha,
Cos, who go thief phone were dem take rubber band tie together?

i don lafff faint..u no well @ool
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Ridwan1821: 11:39pm On Jul 25, 2016
Darkkarma:

You Can render it useless if you can sign into the Google account connected to the phone.
I signed into d Google account connected to d phone today using another phone. Do u mean d phone will be useless since i've done that?

1 Like

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by shaybebaby(f): 11:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
Had exams and was required to keep the phone under the desk for the duration of the paper, afterwards went to the pop and whilst washing my hands, forgot it on the dryer.
Remembered and went back for it but it was gone, someone had nicked it.
Felt pained not about the phone but my son's pictures that was on it. But got over it when I was whinging to my partner who told me, " you lost his pictures not the boy". That refocused my head sharply.

1 Like

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Nobody: 1:49am On Jul 26, 2016
I just remembered a story my frd shared, that got us laughing.

Dude is very handsome, parents are wealthy and has dis Uti's resemblance.

He travelled to one of the states outside PH, logded in a hotel, came out early hours of the evening to stroll around, frm no where he received a slap that made him see stars for some seconds, cheesy his phones and wallet was taken, with 10k in it, they were two guys who robbered him.

He returned, days later went and bought one of the phones that was stolen, a bb torch as at when those series came out, sent his old pin request and it took decades b4 his request was accepted, it was a girl. grin

He starting asking her out, as a flawless guy, she feel for his magic, he took his time, then invited her to PH and she came, we pleaded with him to let go, the guy said the slap and his 10k that she must pay. cheesy

After bleeping this girl in a chalet he lodged her, he asked her where she got the phone, she first said she bought it, as he kept asking her, she knew something was wrong, and said her bf gave it to her as a gift, he asked her to call the guy...which she did, he then told the guy he has taken his phone and has bleeped his gf for the slap, though he did it with protection, and the guy was mute.cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by olaremint(m): 3:28am On Jul 26, 2016
Chai, my Sagem My X7, it's been 11 years, after giving stories to popsie for final year project, I went to computer village and bought it brand new for 18k then. Girl friend was mad then that I should have given her money instead of buying that fone. Soon school finished but I didn't come home, bought a nec fone and started phone call biz in my hostel area, this day dude was tired and decided to rest in a shop, am sure I didn't sleep for more than 5 minutes but it was a painful one, I woke up and both done were gone with mtn credit and booster then. To cut a long story short, I never buy a fone now that I cannot bear to lose, one it's over 30k, fone is not for me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whatsapp Starts Labelling Forwarded Messages In Effort To Fight Fake News / How To Identify A Fake Or Original Tecno Phone And Battery / What Would You Do With A 200GB Data Plan In 1 Month?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.