Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone (18247 Views)

Which Was Your First Phone? (Photo) / I Thought I Lost My Phone But This Man Returned It. (pic) / How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by MARKone(m): 7:34am On Jul 26, 2016
sorextee:
this ur story make me laugh die grin grin grin I could imagine the whole drama..
ive lost countless times. and all the phones I lost are Samsung

used the Samsung s1, dropped it at a charging shop, before I came back from teaching(was serving then), they've demolished the kiosk. my fone and d owner of the shop disappear.

bought Samsung s2. was robbed at nya-nya around 10pm.

bought s3, it slipped out of my pocket in a cab. I didn't know.

started using s4. was snatched at berger, wen I was playing candy crush.

bought s5. na dis one pain me pass. went to spend some days at my frnds house, they use a pit toilet. wanted to use the toilet.
the phone was in my pocket. I removed my trouser, wanted to fold it, before hanging it. na so my fone and my wallet fall inside the pit. cry cry

since then, I knew I have bad luck with Samsung fones. had to switch to sony xperia.

Let me advice.
1. Never use ur phone, when sitting by d window at night in a cab.

2. Make sure you register ur phone in the phones website. Was able to locate my s4 then. The phone was already in onitsha. The sharp guy dat snatched it gave it to his sister. (I explained it in one thread like dat). Was still able to retrieve the call logs nd sms' remotely.

3. Install an anti-theft app in ur fone.

4. For the ladies who drive at night, never keep ur fone on d passenger seat, with ur glass wound down. Even ur bag too. My sis lost her iPhone 6splus nd htc m9 in one night, due to dat mistake.

Lol

Urs Na spiritual.
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by bharkarh(m): 8:09am On Jul 26, 2016
sorextee:
this ur story make me laugh die grin grin grin I could imagine the whole drama..
ive lost countless times. and all the phones I lost are Samsung

used the Samsung s1, dropped it at a charging shop, before I came back from teaching(was serving then), they've demolished the kiosk. my fone and d owner of the shop disappear.

bought Samsung s2. was robbed at nya-nya around 10pm.

bought s3, it slipped out of my pocket in a cab. I didn't know.

started using s4. was snatched at berger, wen I was playing candy crush.

bought s5. na dis one pain me pass. went to spend some days at my frnds house, they use a pit toilet. wanted to use the toilet.
the phone was in my pocket. I removed my trouser, wanted to fold it, before hanging it. na so my fone and my wallet fall inside the pit. cry cry

since then, I knew I have bad luck with Samsung fones. had to switch to sony xperia.

I could still relate to your s5 story, I was using Nokia then, so I dashed to my friends house to use his toilet due to troubling stomach. Omo, as I enter the pit latrine toilet, I hurriedly pulled off my trouser forgetting that there is my dearest baby at my back pocket. Oboi! Phone stylishly slipped into the pit and I rushed outside immediately like who just ran mad. It was after I got outside I remembered that I still needed to poo and there is nothing my friends could do about it.
I just majestically walked into the toilet to pay my last respect to my darling dearest.
When ever I remember this day ehn....and I try the MTN number in that phone, Na one useless Hausa man go pick am dey tell me "Nagode"
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by sorextee(m): 9:01am On Jul 26, 2016
U try sef say u still sheet the sheet. Me, na rake I just dey rake dat night. I cursed d landlord, for giving his tenants a pit toilet. Nd na girl matter carry me go him house. I prayed a sincere prayer dat night, let a miracle happen. I left angrily d next day. smiley

bharkarh:
I could still relate to your s5 story, I was using Nokia then, so I dashed to my friends house to use his toilet due to troubling stomach. Omo, as I enter the pit latrine toilet, I hurriedly pulled off my trouser forgetting that there is my dearest baby at my back pocket. Oboi! Phone stylishly slipped into the pit and I rushed outside immediately like who just ran mad. It was after I got outside I remembered that I still needed to poo and there is nothing my friends could do about it.
I just majestically walked into the toilet to pay my last respect to my darling dearest.
When ever I remember this day ehn....and I try the MTN number in that phone, Na one useless Hausa man go pick am dey tell me "Nagode"

1 Like

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by bharkarh(m): 9:51am On Jul 26, 2016
sorextee:
U try sef say u still sheet the sheet. Me, na rake I just dey rake dat night. I cursed d landlord, for giving his tenants a pit toilet. Nd na girl matter carry me go him house. I prayed a sincere prayer dat night, let a miracle happen. I left angrily d next day. smiley

hahahhaha! Wetin I wan do? My S4 experience sef nko? Wey thieves kan burst me late at night. E pass tears for my eyes cry
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Gabrielwilliams(m): 10:20am On Jul 26, 2016
Hmmm.. My own story ehn.. I just got a Sage Mx7 that year.. Think it was 2009. I went to a friend's place to crash after grooving at a party close to his house. We all knew the guy is a system man but na that kain frat guy wey b ur padi. We got to his house around 2.am. Me I said I won't sleep till daybreak cuz I don't trust not just him but the niccurs in that room dat day. We played P.S 2 till I started feeling woozy. Main sleep carry me go o.. Am sure. It must having been up to 15 mins dat I dozed off wen I woke up n noticed dat my come was missing. Omo, she shout and curses na? Me no wan kno weda dem b system men o.. I begin dey para. The frat guy n some couple of guys now said maybe one of his friends entered and carried the fone. I said let us go. Main 7 guys begin dey march go the suspect house.. Got there, he had travelled dat morning. I just weak. Took me 2 weeks to recover. Later on sha, wen we grad, one of those 7 guys said the frat boy was the one who took the fone. Chai! I vex o. Him com pretend say he kno no wetin dey happen. The friends you keep....
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Darkkarma: 4:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
Ridwan1821:
I signed into d Google account connected to d phone today using another phone. Do u mean d phone will be useless since i've done that?
No, you're just getting started, try to sign into the account with device manager site _ this link https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager then you have the option to lock or erase the phone remotely.
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Ujunkem(f): 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2016
Darkkarma:

No, you're just getting started, try to sign into the account with device manager site _ this link https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager then you have the option to lock or erase the phone remotely.

What's the difference between lock and erase? I mean if i erase the phone can i restore it back if i luckly get it back?
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Darkkarma: 6:02pm On Jul 26, 2016
Ujunkem:

What's the difference between lock and erase? I mean if i erase the phone can i restore it back if i luckly get it back?
Lock means anyone who doesn't know your new password can't use it, erase means everyone has unrestricted access to the phone but you've wiped out all data; files, music, pics, etc, etc.
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Ridwan1821: 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
Darkkarma:

thanks alot
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Jazmiynne: 8:05am On Jul 27, 2016
LastMumu:
Hahahaha, Jazmiynne o come and see your sister-in-crime cry. Because of ordinary phone... Chai grin

Lolz no worry your phone theft is coming soon! angry

The loss of a phone can truly drive one crazy! I know that for real.... But LastMumu guess what.. ... cheesy cheesy cheesy

**oya enter the chatroom lemme give you gossip update **
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Ridwan1821: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
Darkkarma:

When I clicked on "lock or erase" the page is just reloading. I've tried it several times but d page is just reloading.
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Darkkarma: 2:32pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ridwan1821:
When I clicked on "lock or erase" the page is just reloading. I've tried it several times but d page is just reloading.
There are two possible reasons,
1) might be the fault of your browser, UC browser does it for me, I haven't tried crome yet. But I think these two should work, try to clear your cache and try again.

2) secondly, unfortunately it could mean that whoever is with it has disconnected/signed out of your Google account on it.
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Ridwan1821: 4:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
Darkkarma:

There are two possible reasons,
1) might be the fault of your browser, UC browser does it for me, I haven't tried crome yet. But I think these two should work, try to clear your cache and try again.

2) secondly, unfortunately it could mean that whoever is with it has disconnected/signed out of your Google account on it.
Thanks. Its d fault of my browser. Am using opera mini. I will do it with UC browser or chrome later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whatsapp Starts Labelling Forwarded Messages In Effort To Fight Fake News / How To Identify A Fake Or Original Tecno Phone And Battery / Photos From Infinix Note 5 Lagos Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.