Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,281 members, 7,829,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? (20968 Views)

It Is Spiritual / "Buhari's Problem Is Spiritual" - Prophet Wisdom Nnamdi Ezeigwe / What Is Spiritual Israel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Proffdada: 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
TrajansKong:

You are the perfect example of what the OP was talking about.

All our problems come from this.

Other populations THINK. People like you just BELIEVE and mistake that for intelligence.

It is embarrassing. We have nothing to show for our faith and belief. Not one pencil factory angry angry

For the sake of Africa, please do not reproduce.
from my observation, you drew conclusions from deluded insinuation that I solely and heavily believe every problem is spiritual. That's how people lose their thinking caps while jumping to conclusions. Even the Bible says whatever is done on earth is done in heaven

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
We need to actually stop abusing religion.

Why did we copy the Whites man's religion without copying his science and technology? Religion doesn't create a developed nation. It only produces lazy folks who will rather throw their hands upwards to Heaven to pray instead of engaging their BRAINS. God didn't give us brains for a souvenir. No nation ever became great through some lazy, docile prayers.

Every nation developed through hard work, critical thinking, research, sweat, rule of law, nationwide ethics of honour and sacrifice. Prayers don't build nations.

Why did we abandon our native intelligence after we met with the Whites? The Japanese, Chinese, Indians, etc, still uphold their religions while they pursue Western intelligence, science and logic.

How many African nations are nuclear powers?

Nigeria has an insulting 4000 MW for a whole 170 million people.

How many libraries are close to you? How many of us read at all?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by ebuskalabe(m): 6:56pm On Jul 25, 2016
[b][/b]Small headache na winches and wizard. 9ja nawa oooooooooo ;DSmall headache na winches and wizard. 9ja nawa oooooooooo

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2016
what baffled me is the fact that we happen to be more religious than thos who brought it to us. And tha truth is that we are less Godly and more religious.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 25, 2016
dearpreye:

Why did we copy the Whites man's religion without copying his science and technology? Religion doesn't create a developed nation. It only produces lazy folks who will rather throw their hands upwards to Heaven to pray instead of engaging their BRAINS. God didn't give us brains for a souvenir. No nation ever became great through some lazy, docile prayers.

Every nation developed through hard work, critical thinking, research, sweat, rule of law, nationwide ethics of honour and sacrifice. Prayers don't build nations.

Why did we abandon our native intelligence after we met with the Whites? The Japanese, Chinese, Indians, etc, still uphold their religions while they pursue Western intelligence, science and logic.

It is when someone's destiny is still in order that he can do all these things you are saying.Not when the destiny is in disorder.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 25, 2016
Dux01:
It is when someone's destiny is still in order that he can do all these things you are saying.Not when the destiny is in disorder.

Explain further, please. LOL.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by aleniboro(m): 7:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
Because we Africans need deliverance!
Because it is a way of making money by smart people!
Because of poverty!
Because we suspect one another and see evil and nothing good in one another!
Because we just want to blame someone for our irresponsibility!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by deliveryboy: 7:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
yomi007k:
Because we blacks are not sensible enough to accept our responsibility and always want to put d blame on someone or something.
. Brother, you are so correct. Our people never accept responsibility for their lives or whatever happens to them, they'll say "I saw it in my dream two days ago" and that is it. People apply illogical methods to logical problems. Man you are the steroids of correctness.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by ebby9z(m): 7:15pm On Jul 25, 2016
The renaissance age has also been described as the age of enlightenment-age when man was its intellectual height- where people shifted from "God-centricism" to "Human-centred" ideals. My point is that until we Africans liberate ourselves from the spiritual incarceration that we've found ourselves today, we'll continue to lag behind in the global scheme of things.
Religion has turned out to be the greatest mode of mental imprisonment hence the horrified expression of Nigerians when you don't go to mosque or church, or when u refuse to swallow what the pastor said hook, line and sinker.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by TrajansKong: 7:16pm On Jul 25, 2016
Dux01:
Only Jesus can change us and make us developed as the white race.if we can obey God Things would change.It is the truth.Evil will overcome man without God.Only GOD can restore the glory of the black race.

In the name of Marcus Garvey. In the name of Thomas Sankara. In the name of Patrice Lumumba, I cast out and bind this spirit of CONSUMPTIVE STUPIDITY from your body!!

Be healed, and rejoin African humanity, my broda!!

Your sickness has passed.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by TrajansKong: 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2016
Proffdada:
Even the Bible says whatever is done on earth is done in heaven

Your magic book is why so many of us are mentally impaired. To requote donofdons: A man that can believe in a talking donkey and a fish swallowing jonah can believe anything and is worst than a slave.

African Christians have lost their minds.

In fact, they have no use for them.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by teejaysmarty: 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2016
Lagos to Ibadan has claimed many lives that i have lost count. it is just an hour journey.
In a developed world, an example of Ibadan to Lagos will have so many
1.SPEED CAMERAS
2. HARD SHOULDER
3. ELECTRONIC HARZARD WARNING BOARD
4. SOS TELEPHONE SERVICE ( 1 within a kilometer)
if the Speed Camera catches you, you pay a huge fine within 2 weeks or appear in court ,
if you appear in court, you lose points on your driving licence for up to 5 yrs.
so you learn not to speed .
In Addition , your car MOT must be done within 6 months intervals
And lives are saved .

In Nigeria, Lagos to Ibadan has non of these.
Uneducated drivers overspeeding, no good tyres, pot holes .
Death traps all the way and we shout BLOOD OF JESUS !

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by freemile2ru: 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2016
Rapmoney:
Read patiently...

In Nigeria, majority of us find it difficult to seperate physical issues from spiritual issues. I'm not using this post to state that spiritual problems do not exist but what I'm hinting on is the annoying way many Nigerians attach every issue in life to the control spiritual forces! Even when it is very obvious that such problems could be physical or even self-induced!

Whenever an accident happens and casualties are recorded, people hardly have time to investigate the nature of the vehicles involved; whether they were in good condition or not or whether the attitude or actions (inactions) of the drivers might have caused it. You would be surprise to hear statements like 'I talk am, dis road dey drink blood well well...na so one woman still die for here last month' or 'Una know say Christmas dor near, na winch people just dey find blood to drink'. Isn't this statement too ridiculous for one who calls himself/herself a Christian to make? If you believe that Christmas is meant to celebrate Christ's birth, why would you ever think that witches, wizards and demons would chose that as the best time to 'drink blood'?

In Nigeria, if a lady clocks 30 and she's not married, people start pointing accusing fingers at the old folks in her family without critically considering factors such as her personal character, marital preferences or even the harsh economy that has made marriageable men to become few!!!

Sometimes, I see people who never thought of planning for the future accusing one person or the other as the cause of their misfortune. This is the same reason why you hardly see people praying in churches these days without fully focusing on 'binding' and 'casting' their spiritual enemies in a very ferocious manner! The modern day shiny suit-wearing pastors with punk hairs, have never failed to capitalize on this to extort people of their hard earned money. Even people who have no certificates and skills/handwork will tell you that their jobless condition is the result of some evil people who do not want their success! The same pastors might deceive such a person that his problem is caused by witches and wizards when in essence, the young man is the wizard in his own life.

Too much emphasis on has made Nigerians to believe that every problem is a spiritual one and needs a spiritual solution. Some problems in life just require us to be pragmatic, logical and to take the right decisions at the right time. That's why I love the Book of Proverbs in the Bible. It teaches you pure wisdom! Sometimes when you pray, all you need is just to thank God for life, protection and provision. We must not make every problem seem spiritual...some problems just require you to correct your past mistakes, take decisions that can better the situation and act right!

I often wonder why Nigerians organise so many crusades, fasting and prayer sessions and other religious gatherings with the aim of enhancing the economy when in essence, these are unnecessary! There are no demonds causing havoc in our country's socio-economic life! The fact remains that we have refused to do things the way they should be done. We don't need to call God all the time to come and save us from bad governance; God has given everyone freewill and the ability to know what's right and what's not. Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Malaysia, Singapore, Canada, etc have better economies and social systems than our country! Does it mean the citizens call on God more than we do?

If you have been calling on God and it seems He's not answering you, you should know that He wants you to use the brain He has given to you to solve issues!

Some problems could be spiritual but let's not make it seem as if all problems are spiritual and need divine intervention.

Good Day!
because the problems are too much an we really need to start sharing them asap
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Rapmoney(m): 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2016
dearpreye:

A very nice post! Great observation.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by haryanbeecy: 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2016
It is true there are adversities, it is left for individual to look for a way of overcoming it.
Contact me on 08033654118 for Ifa consultation and solution in d way of our forefathers.
Our tradition is our pride. If we loose it we've bagged troubles.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Proffdada: 7:37pm On Jul 25, 2016
TrajansKong:

Your magic book is why so many of us are mentally impaired. To requote donofdons: A man that can believe in a talking donkey and a fish swallowing jonah can believe anything and is worst than a slave.

African Christians have lost their minds.

In fact, they have no use for them.
I'm sorry to have replied.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by antieverything(m): 7:38pm On Jul 25, 2016
too many Nigerian movies

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by DeRay98(m): 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2016
donofdons:
[b]it is a matter of brains...it is because many Nigerians have an IQ of less than 80 and believe that God was a jewish carpenter who was the deluded bastard son of an acclaimed virgin who was lied to by his mother that God impregnated her and who ended up believing it and allowing himself to be crucified only to realize his folly on the cross then crying out to his imaginary father in heaven asking why he has forsaken him.
This same man is called the lion of the tribe of judah while he was even weaker than a sheep, he goes around making statement like he is the king of the jews and even telling the priests that he will pull down their temples and rebuild it in 3 days and when asked to do that claimed that he isnt talking about the temple but his body.
A man that can believe in a talking donkey and a fish swallowing jonah can believe anything and is worst than a slave.
But romans no de carry last them beat nonsense commot for him body and his apostle stole his body and claimed he rose up on the 3rd day and went to heaven and na only the see am, even the mother did not see him self
[/b]

Which of these places did you escape from: Yaba left, Aro or Uselu? You still continued with what took you there in the first place. Weeds socked in tortoise urine. grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 25, 2016
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
None but ourselves can free our own minds.

In the midst of plenty the fool is thirsty.

Bob Nestor Marley.

Any people that value obedience more than curiosity will never develop. They will remain the dregs of the world.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2016
Proffdada:

While we don't want to argue about eternity here, we won't continue to live in pits and primitive villages because of it. One can live in a decent environment and still get the eternity you are so worried about.

Who even told you about eternity? The same Whites that killed your fellow Africans in their millions during the slave trade? Wake up. We are gradually leaving religion behind.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
At last a thread that makes sense on Nairaland. 1 that educates people. Op you are so right, I couldn't have put it in a better way . I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I was already getting frustrated with everybody not taking responsibilities but instead blaming it on 'juju'

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by mistergee: 7:50pm On Jul 25, 2016
azeecoboy:
That's why its extremely important to know that All what's been happening to you now or later is surely Destined from God..
In that way,you will rest

God does not cause bad things to happen to pple... God is love..
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
Rapmoney:
Read patiently...

In Nigeria, majority of us find it difficult to seperate physical issues from spiritual issues. I'm not using this post to state that spiritual problems do not exist but what I'm hinting on is the annoying way many Nigerians attach every issue in life to the control spiritual forces! Even when it is very obvious that such problems could be physical or even self-induced!

Whenever an accident happens and casualties are recorded, people hardly have time to investigate the nature of the vehicles involved; whether they were in good condition or not or whether the attitude or actions (inactions) of the drivers might have caused it. You would be surprise to hear statements like 'I talk am, dis road dey drink blood well well...na so one woman still die for here last month' or 'Una know say Christmas dor near, na winch people just dey find blood to drink'. Isn't this statement too ridiculous for one who calls himself/herself a Christian to make? If you believe that Christmas is meant to celebrate Christ's birth, why would you ever think that witches, wizards and demons would chose that as the best time to 'drink blood'?

In Nigeria, if a lady clocks 30 and she's not married, people start pointing accusing fingers at the old folks in her family without critically considering factors such as her personal character, marital preferences or even the harsh economy that has made marriageable men to become few!!!

Sometimes, I see people who never thought of planning for the future accusing one person or the other as the cause of their misfortune. This is the same reason why you hardly see people praying in churches these days without fully focusing on 'binding' and 'casting' their spiritual enemies in a very ferocious manner! The modern day shiny suit-wearing pastors with punk hairs, have never failed to capitalize on this to extort people of their hard earned money. Even people who have no certificates and skills/handwork will tell you that their jobless condition is the result of some evil people who do not want their success! The same pastors might deceive such a person that his problem is caused by witches and wizards when in essence, the young man is the wizard in his own life.

Too much emphasis on has made Nigerians to believe that every problem is a spiritual one and needs a spiritual solution. Some problems in life just require us to be pragmatic, logical and to take the right decisions at the right time. That's why I love the Book of Proverbs in the Bible. It teaches you pure wisdom! Sometimes when you pray, all you need is just to thank God for life, protection and provision. We must not make every problem seem spiritual...some problems just require you to correct your past mistakes, take decisions that can better the situation and act right!

I often wonder why Nigerians organise so many crusades, fasting and prayer sessions and other religious gatherings with the aim of enhancing the economy when in essence, these are unnecessary! There are no demonds causing havoc in our country's socio-economic life! The fact remains that we have refused to do things the way they should be done. We don't need to call God all the time to come and save us from bad governance; God has given everyone freewill and the ability to know what's right and what's not. Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Malaysia, Singapore, Canada, etc have better economies and social systems than our country! Does it mean the citizens call on God more than we do?

If you have been calling on God and it seems He's not answering you, you should know that He wants you to use the brain He has given to you to solve issues!

Some problems could be spiritual but let's not make it seem as if all problems are spiritual and need divine intervention.

Good Day!
The root Nigeria's problemi s the day we did FESTAC 1977 whether we believe it or not.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 25, 2016
lovelygurl:
At last a thread that makes sense on Nairaland. 1 that educates people. Op you are so right, I couldn't have put it in a better way . I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I was already getting frustrated with everybody not taking responsibilities but instead blaming it on 'juju'

Believe me, many of us, having witnessed the manner in which senseless religion has made a mess of many lives, are finally beginning to agree we can't continue to escape the full responsibility that being humans involve.

Many are still hanging on because the environment is still frenzied with religion and dogma - dogma that has brought nothing other than confusion, poverty and stupidity.

The owners of religion are leaving it behind. We can't be too serious with it any more.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by sambos994(m): 8:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
asuustrike2009:

The root Nigeria's problemi s the day we did FESTAC 1977 whether we believe it or not.

And please explain why you believe that.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by eph12(m): 8:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
My mom is the worst. Most times I just get irritated but it's wisdom to keep quiet and not argue with her.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by jahstech: 8:08pm On Jul 25, 2016
themosthigh:
Because most nigerians are still slave to the lies sold to them by the whiteman about a naked crucfied jewish insane man called christ who believed he is the son of God and the ended up been crucified naked on the cross and dying as hoplessly and uselessly as he had lived only to be worshiped and revered by new set of fools

[size=14pt][b]1 Corithians 1:18-25: For the speech about the torture stake is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is God’s power. 19 For it is written: “I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectuals I will reject.” 20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this system of things? Has not God made the wisdom of the world foolish? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not get to know God through its wisdom, God was pleased through the foolishness of what is preached to save those believing. 22 For the Jews ask for signs and the Greeks look for wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ executed on the stake, to the Jews a cause for stumbling but to the nations(you included) it is foolishness. 24 However, to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because a foolish thing of God is wiser than men, and a weak thing of God is stronger than men.[/b][/size]

Who is the fool now?
Don't come to conclusion on what you don't understand, believe whatever you want but don't trample on others because of what they believe since you are too WISE to inquire why they choose to believe what they do..
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Rapmoney(m): 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2016
TrajansKong:

You are the perfect example of what the OP was talking about.

All our problems come from this.

Other populations THINK. People like you just BELIEVE and mistake that for intelligence.

It is embarrassing. We have nothing to show for our faith and belief. Not one pencil factory angry angry

For the sake of Africa, please do not reproduce.
Nice post cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by TrajansKong: 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2016
Proffdada:

This gets worse.

According to the message below, you choose to believe because you fear torture.

So many of us are blind, deaf and dumb with Holy Terror. Petrified and brain-dead.

Another poster spoke of 'spiritual incareration'.

Honestly. Think about what you posted below. It is the poorest foundation imaginable for anyone's faith.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by LastProphet: 8:13pm On Jul 25, 2016
poor incomplete education and general low IQ worsened by African movie magic channel
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by jahstech: 8:21pm On Jul 25, 2016
themosthigh:
Because most nigerians are still slave to the lies sold to them by the whiteman about a naked crucfied jewish insane man called christ who believed he is the son of God and the ended up been crucified naked on the cross and dying as hoplessly and uselessly as he had lived only to be worshiped and revered by new set of fools

If you have problems understanding, here is a more simpler version...
[b]1 Corinthians 1:18-25New Living Translation (NLT)

The Wisdom of God
18 The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God. 19 As the Scriptures say,

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise
and discard the intelligence of the intelligent.”[a]
20 So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world’s brilliant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish. 21 Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom, he has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe. 22 It is foolish to the Jews, who ask for signs from heaven. And it is foolish to the Greeks, who seek human wisdom. 23 So when we preach that Christ was crucified, the Jews are offended and the Gentiles say it’s all nonsense.

24 But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength.

I choice to live the life I want, in this course I have chosen, I have been promised eternity, even if I die I have a hope. Is a win win situation for me, if everything is a lie, I die off just like everyone else, and I lived same life you lived, you have no single advantage over me because of your choice, you were given birth to like myself, you went to school, hustled like everyone else, eventually got married, raised kids and die off, same routine everyone else has, but if the said story is true, I get to live for all eternity, so who is the loser?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 25, 2016
Dux01:

Little wonder Atheists attack us Christians. Just see and read what you wrote here.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

An Armed Robbery Experience I Had Moments After A Holy Ghost Church Service / Problems With Biblical Inerrancy / Johnson Suleiman, Chris Okafor & Co

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.