Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,147 members, 7,829,101 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? (20966 Views)

It Is Spiritual / "Buhari's Problem Is Spiritual" - Prophet Wisdom Nnamdi Ezeigwe / What Is Spiritual Israel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by divide9ja: 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
The Spiritual rules the natural

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by mmsen: 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2016
yomi007k:
Because we blacks are not sensible enough to accept our responsibility and always want to put d blame on someone or something.

It's not 'we blacks'. There's a hardcore of mentally unstable people who hear voices, talk to the sky and think that a deity talks back to them

Many Nigerians, an increasing number, recognize the lunacy of religion and the lie of spiritual causes but you cannot have rational discourse with an insane person which is why it is so difficult to change the minds of some.

This is especially true of the people in Nigerian society who go to church 3/4 times a week and have negative things to say about those of us who are not religious.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Landloard01(m): 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2016
instinctg:
hmm, not only Nigerians, Africans and many Asians alike believe everything about them is spritual .

Africans and spirituality are like .................
thanks for discovering this new man grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Landloard01(m): 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2016
instinctg:
hmm, not only Nigerians, Africans and many Asians alike believe everything about them is spritual .

Africans and spirituality are like .................
thanks for discovering this new man grin At least the one below should rest.....

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Qpetz: 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2016
That's because the majority is asleep.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by MrTour: 5:01pm On Jul 25, 2016
Majority of Nigerians are demoralised by economic hardship and frustration, they seek refuge in religion but little do they know the problems they term spiritual problem is a challenge they can overcome with good research.

The religious leaders are cashing in on the vulnerable and enriching their pockets while the problems remain unsolved.

Personally I think religion is the biggest scam in Nigeria.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by MsFaith: 5:01pm On Jul 25, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] testing
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by MadCow1: 5:01pm On Jul 25, 2016
The only place where every Problem is spiritual is Edo State.

Even traffic jam sef, winch hand involve. angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 25, 2016
g
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by prinsam30: 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2016
I will only respond to the headline.....
Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual?

they believe because they themselves are Spiritualists

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Svengali: 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2016
Because Nigerians refuse to examine the root cause of many of their problems. Many times, we're the underlying cause of the problems we face, but we blacks are always reluctant to accept the bitter truth. We don't believe we're evil but we think others are.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
Blame the unnecessary religious environment we grew up, including our homes. When kids are brought up in homes where the parents attributed every problems to the spirit realm, the kids will grow up with this mentality. Plus wherever we go to, be it churches, seminars, conferences, workplaces, it's being spirit, spirit and spirit. We are what we are repeatedly told. But in reality, more than 90% of our problems can be solved by simple thinking, investigation, research and the observation of trends.

I'm happy because a lot of us are gradually but steadily moving away from that lazy man thinking style. We are beginning to finally accept total responsibility for our lives. When a people attribute too much to the spirit realm, they become poor, lazy, backward, impatient, underdeveloped and irresponsible. Such a people can never design modern bridges, TVs, air planes, underground tunnels, build strong military and economy. They will always be at the mercy of those who think hard and long.

When a society has more religious buildings than libraries and workplaces, that society will ultimately become dirty, poor, miserable and underdeveloped.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by groomed: 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2016
Rapmoney:
Thanks. That's the angle I'm coming from. The average Nigerian would rather blame unseen spiritual forces for things that can be solved with the brain.
I believe that there are spiritual forces BUT rarely in call cases.

There are somethings beyond human explanations and I have been at a place where lightening struck with louvers closed, killed it victim by passing through an opening without destroying the louvers. It came with the loudest thunder I have ever heard since I was born.

Somethings are beyond us.

But I can't deny the fact that lots of Nigerians believe everything is spiritually inclined. It's due to African culture

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Miles300: 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2016
Go and ask your forefathers , they will tell u the answer.. Where they serving God or mammon then ? It's a believe and tradition that has been passed on .. Civilization is coming to take that mentality away ..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by prinsam30: 5:08pm On Jul 25, 2016
MadCow1:
The only place where every Problem is spiritual is Edo State.

Even traffic jam sef, winch hand involve. angry

bros i pity ur generation, see where ur anus dey reason dey go

bros abeg na joke ooooo, but don't say that again, u hear me so, if not I go invoke the spirit of Modakeke come visit u this nite

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by sherif4owo(m): 5:09pm On Jul 25, 2016
[size=50pt]Nollywood[/size]

You can hardly see a movie without a spiritual complication!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by shadeyinka(m): 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2016
I sincerely do not believe that the average Nigerian sees every problem as spiritual. Rather, they see every problem that defy natural or scientific solution or explanation as spiritual.

The problem is usually, when they have not pursued the natural solution to a logical conclusion before ascribing the problem to witch craft.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by groomed: 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2016
pat077:
That's the Africa mentality. There is nothing God can not do, but there are a lot he Will not do because he has giving us all what we need to succeed.
wow... just wow. I thought I am the only one with this reasoning that God will NEVER solve problems that he knows we can solve.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by MadCow1: 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2016
prinsam30:

bros i pity ur generation, see where ur anus dey reason dey go

bros abeg na joke ooooo, but don't say that again, u hear me so, if not I go invoke the spirit of Modakeke come visit u this nite

Wetin you wan pity for my generation sef? undecided undecided undecided

All these apprentice Bini Winch wan come threaten me? grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by MrBuzy: 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2016
Because our people are evil.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by ebukason3(m): 5:12pm On Jul 25, 2016
One thing is certain, the spiritual controls the physical. You can change your topic to depict ur post.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by prinsam30: 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2016
MadCow1:

Wetin you wan pity for my generation sef? undecided undecided undecided

All these apprentice Bini Winch wan come threaten me? grin grin

bros eh... I no dey joke ooooo, eh... I mean am oooo, isok
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by omas1(m): 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2016
The thing is , in other to console yourself you just have to look for someone to put the blame on.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Rapmoney(m): 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
The spiritual controls the physical
Ok. Don't work. Just sit and pray aggressively and ask God for food and let's see if the food will come.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by stevenson007: 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
themosthigh:
Because most nigerians are still slave to the lies sold to them by the whiteman about a naked crucfied jewish insane man called christ who believed he is the son of God and the ended up been crucified naked on the cross and dying as hoplessly and uselessly as he had lived only to be worshiped and revered by new set of fools

You need to go to Rehab!

For your mind you don comment!

Animal!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by MadCow1: 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2016
prinsam30:

bros eh... I no dey joke ooooo, eh... I mean am oooo, isok

Who dey fear you?

You don get your flying permit sef?

No go price bad market o! If better Winch dey threaten me, Apprentice wey ehn matter no pass half cup of holy water to solve go follow dey yarn dust.. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by bigiyaro(m): 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
Its only in naija u will see a man, uneducated, hes not a business man, he doesn't have any hand work or any kind of skills to render any kind of service, yet he wants to be rich, he will start blaming d innocent old women in his village.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Rapmoney(m): 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
groomed:
I believe that there are spiritual forces BUT rarely in call cases.

There are somethings beyond human explanations and I have been at a place where lightening struck with louvers closed, killed it victim by passing through an opening without destroying the louvers. It came with the loudest thunder I have ever heard since I was born.

Somethings are beyond us.

But I can't deny the fact that lots of Nigerians believe everything is spiritually inclined. It's due to African culture
If we call on God for every issue, even those caused by us, then why do we have brains as living beings?

Often times, I have religious leaders calling on members of the public to pray so that our rulers would stop misappropriating public funds! I tell you, punishing anyone who steals seriously will be more effective than praying for them not to steal!

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by wayodude(m): 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
Excellent question! Oya make we hear some answers

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by prinsam30: 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
MadCow1:

Who dey fear you?

You don get your flying permit sef?

No go price bad market o! If better Winch dey threaten me, Apprentice wey ehn matter no pass half cup of holy water to solve go follow dey yarn dust.. grin grin grin

bros u don dey fear, OK no vex, na joke na, I be Jesus pikin oooo
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by tlops(m): 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
Because they are (mentally) lazy. So they look for easy way out. It's easier to blame some remote spirit than to accept responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by WorkSmartEdu: 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
BodyKiss:
Two reasons. Mental laziness and the inability to take responsibility for one's actions.

[b]I agree completely and will love to also add that crap called Nollywood. It has gone so rife into the mind and subconscious of the societies populace, that all they see is spiritual this, spiritual that!
You see this problem ba? This is the bane of this society, and if we can't drive it out and do away with it, kiss anything development and progress on the scale it should be goodbye! Because the rulers will keep behaving anyhow knowing that with religion which produces this rubbish superstition, the masses will never revolt. Revolution will never happen. What a shame! Common pipe borne water you don't have but there are countless boreholes with limitless water capacity. No electricity but the sun keep burning the skull at peak Monday to Friday and wind keep bringing down trees and houses, yet no turbine to turn.
I want to keep writing but I will stop here for now. The OP has raised a valid point and thanks for doing so. The black man especially this society need to wake up! Countries are building stealth fliers and we are still celebrating someone building a dysfunctional tri-cycle in this century. Tufiaaakwa Ndi Isi Oji......Black wake up!

[/b]

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

An Armed Robbery Experience I Had Moments After A Holy Ghost Church Service / Problems With Biblical Inerrancy / Johnson Suleiman, Chris Okafor & Co

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.