Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,225 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? (20993 Views)

It Is Spiritual / "Buhari's Problem Is Spiritual" - Prophet Wisdom Nnamdi Ezeigwe / What Is Spiritual Israel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 26, 2016
Even the devil knows this is not true life.He has known True life that he has now lost and he doesn't want any human to get what he lost,
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by TrajansKong: 10:22am On Jul 26, 2016
Dux01:
... the reason Jesus died is to give us true life.This is only in heaven and begins immediately you surrender to him.

So true life begins only when we die, go to heaven and find it full up with all the craaaazy Naija Chizoss people we spent our time avoiding on Earth.

Only this time we're stuck with you FOREVER?

Na Waaaaaa oooooooooooooooooooooooo shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by TrajansKong: 10:41am On Jul 26, 2016
Dux01:
Truth is Spirit.not flesh.athiest CANNOT know the truth because they refuse to believe it.you can never Know The Truth by Looking and Judging with eyes of flesh or ear.Just because you saw or heard that some countries are working heard.researching getting better does not mean you know the truth about them.By now people supposed to have known that Nigeria's problem is not normal.It is Truly Spiritual and can only be solved by spiritual means

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by TrajansKong: 10:42am On Jul 26, 2016
Dux01:
Is it the lawlessness of many developed nations that is making them grow?No

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by TrajansKong: 10:42am On Jul 26, 2016
Dux01:
When you keep trying to do something over and over again and you can't do it you should know there is something opposing You.

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by gatoyi: 11:48am On Jul 26, 2016
I'm not sure how quoting the Bible proves a point. All that passage shows is that there were people with reason even back then, who questioned religion with its blind faith, and when they were quashed what happened? Europe entered it's dark ages - similar to Nigeria now - a backwards and violent time. And when reason returned what happened? They entered the age of enlightenment, a prosperous and productive time. History and reality are clear, but keep quoting a 2000 year old book. What wisdom exactly are you referring to? Please tell me. Be specific! Is there a passage in there that tells you how to cure malaria? Is there one that tells you how to predict a tsunami? Perhaps there is one in there that tells you how to nation build? And another that tells you how to reduce poverty? Mtcheeeew! In reality, the most religious countries are often the most backwards, the most violent, the poorest. What wisdom are you speaking of?

jahstech:

[size=14pt][b]1 Corithians 1:18-25: For the speech about the torture stake is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is God’s power. 19 For it is written: “I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectuals I will reject.” 20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this system of things? Has not God made the wisdom of the world foolish? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not get to know God through its wisdom, God was pleased through the foolishness of what is preached to save those believing. 22 For the Jews ask for signs and the Greeks look for wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ executed on the stake, to the Jews a cause for stumbling but to the nations(you included) it is foolishness. 24 However, to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because a foolish thing of God is wiser than men, and a weak thing of God is stronger than men.[/b][/size]

Who is the fool now?
Don't come to conclusion on what you don't understand, believe whatever you want but don't trample on others because of what they believe since you are too WISE to inquire why they choose to believe what they do..

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by Coldfeets: 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2016
I get your point Rapmoney. Without mincing any words, I think the main reason why so many Nigerians are that way is simply because so many of them are fooools

How do you know a foolish person?

Of course, a foolish person is always looking for the easy way out of any problem. It doesn't matter how illogical, senseless, unrealistic, ridiculous, and unconnected to the real problem that explanation or solution to his problem is.

And while he's bent of finding the easiest possible way out of any tough situation, he would mind to push the blame elsewhere... anywhere, apart and/or away from himself.

And who else to shift that responsibility anytime but the ever present though unseen GREATER POWER out there who just happens to know what is best for each and everyone of us

There was a time it really got on my nerve when I hear people attribute any possible situation to something spiritual.

I could recall a day a neighbor's 3 full grown turkeys died. As consolation, someone else told them not to be sad but to rejoice because they didn't know what could have happened to them had it been that their turkeys didn't die at that period.

He was making allusion to the fact that Christmas was around the corner and possibly they could have died in something like road accident or something of that nature but their turkey has 'redeemed' them!

I was really mad because all of us who gathered actually heard the owner of the turkeys saying that he ran out of their correct feed so he purposely gave those turkeys the wrong feed just to prevent them from starving in the meantime with the hope of getting them their correct feed asap.

Obviously, his miscalculation backfired and someone who is apparently learned wants us to believe that the MISTAKE was probably DIVINE!!! lipsrsealed

It's funny, I tell you. It's always funny how they will try to explain a situation they don't even understand the causes and effects to you.

Well, like I said, I used to get mad whenever I see people displaying such thoughtless reasoning but not any more.

This is what I do now. I simply join them. Believe it or not, no one I know around me is more 'spiritual' than me now. Yeah!!! Everything is now spiritual to me. Everything you can possibly imagine!!!

I always create so much fun now out of their apparent stupidity. I have now mastered how to blow everything out of proportion. That way it brings their stupidity to their face. I am always amused when they can't really tell if I am laughing at them or if I am serious

So for example, if NEPA strikes and they want to complain, I just tell them it's spiritual. Who knows, someone's TV somewhere might blow up the next minute if the electricity was still on.

If your internet is slow and you are submitting a very important job application, I will tell not to worry because who knows you might actually be getting yourself into the wrong career path and your slow internet speed is trying to save you from future suffering.

Ha ha ha...

If you eating your very delicious meat pie and the thing mistakenly falls out of your hand to the floor, I will tell you that it spiritual because who knows, you might have eaten a cockroach in the process which could have infected you with something like lassa fever.

Now, who's having more fun now? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by blueAgent(m): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2016
dearpreye:

While we don't want to argue about eternity here, we won't continue to live in pits and primitive villages because of it. One can live in a decent environment and still get the eternity you are so worried about.

Who even told you about eternity? The same Whites that killed your fellow Africans in their millions during the slave trade? Wake up. We are gradually leaving religion behind.

Clown. Chrisrain religeon is not the problem of Africans . their problem is lowIQ. like you just showed on this your post.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by blueAgent(m): 11:38am On Jul 27, 2016
donofdons:
[b]it is a matter of brains...it is because many Nigerians have an IQ of less than 80 and believe that God was a jewish carpenter who was the deluded bastard son of an acclaimed virgin who was lied to by his mother that God impregnated her and who ended up believing it and allowing himself to be crucified only to realize his folly on the cross then crying out to his imaginary father in heaven asking why he has forsaken him.
This same man is called the lion of the tribe of judah while he was even weaker than a sheep, he goes around making statement like he is the king of the jews and even telling the priests that he will pull down their temples and rebuild it in 3 days and when asked to do that claimed that he isnt talking about the temple but his body.
A man that can believe in a talking donkey and a fish swallowing jonah can believe anything and is worst than a slave.
But romans no de carry last them beat nonsense commot for him body and his apostle stole his body and claimed he rose up on the 3rd day and went to heaven and na only the see am, even the mother did not see him self
[/b]

Clown. People like you cannot differentiate b/w Night from daytime. How is Christsinity responsible for underacheivement of blacks?
You forgot that Africans were not Atheists. before Colonization, They worshiped and served several gods, which they still do till today.
Africans have always demonstrated poor judgemental skills and lack the capacity to take responsibility for their failures, even before whites came to Africa.

Africans has always been Supersistious
They blame a bad harvest on the gods of fertility been angry, they believed that the cause of an empidemic is becos the gods were angry,and many more examples.

What about the Osu system in the East, the killing of Twins in Calabar,or the celeberation of new yam festivals for better harvest.all this pratices have existed in Africa even before the Whiteman came.
Even it was Christainity that stoped most of these pratices and introduced Science and Education to Africans.that enable us to have alternative solutions to most our problems, like using fertilizers to boost Harvest. rather than to believe on the gods ,for a good harvest.
The irony is that your ability to read and write is becos of the same whiteman and his religeon you are insulting.it was the same whiteman and his christainity that Clothed you,gave you Education and capacity to mange your resources and even Expolit Science you hold in high esteem.
You are just too Dumb to know your left from your right.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by blueAgent(m): 11:41am On Jul 27, 2016
donofdons:
[b]it is a matter of brains...it is because many Nigerians have an IQ of less than 80 and believe that God was a jewish carpenter who was the deluded bastard son of an acclaimed virgin who was lied to by his mother that God impregnated her and who ended up believing it and allowing himself to be crucified only to realize his folly on the cross then crying out to his imaginary father in heaven asking why he has forsaken him.
This same man is called the lion of the tribe of judah while he was even weaker than a sheep, he goes around making statement like he is the king of the jews and even telling the priests that he will pull down their temples and rebuild it in 3 days and when asked to do that claimed that he isnt talking about the temple but his body.
A man that can believe in a talking donkey and a fish swallowing jonah can believe anything and is worst than a slave.
But romans no de carry last them beat nonsense commot for him body and his apostle stole his body and claimed he rose up on the 3rd day and went to heaven and na only the see am, even the mother did not see him self
[/b]

Clown. People like you cannot differentiate b/w Night from daytime. How is Christsinity responsible for underacheivement of blacks?
You forgot that Africans were not Atheists. before Colonization, They worshiped and served several gods, which they still do till today.
Africans have always demonstrated poor judgemental skills and lack the capacity to take responsibility for their failures, even before whites came to Africa.

Africans has always been Supersistious
They blame a bad harvest on the gods of fertility been angry, they believed that the cause of an empidemic is becos the gods were angry,and many more examples.

What about the Osu system in the East, the killing of Twins in Calabar,or the celeberation of new yam festivals for better harvest.all this pratices have existed in Africa even before the Whiteman came.
Even it was Christainity that stoped most of these pratices and introduced Science and Education to Africans.that enable us to have alternative solutions to most our problems, like using fertilizers to boost Harvest. rather than to believe on the gods ,for a good harvest.
The irony is that your ability to read and write is becos of the same whiteman and his religeon you are insulting.it was the same whiteman and his christainity that Clothed you,gave you Education and capacity to mange your resources and even Expolit Science you hold in high esteem.
You are just too Dumb to know your left from your right.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by blueAgent(m): 11:47am On Jul 27, 2016
themosthigh:
Because most nigerians are still slave to the lies sold to them by the whiteman about a naked crucfied jewish insane man called christ who believed he is the son of God and the ended up been crucified naked on the cross and dying as hoplessly and uselessly as he had lived only to be worshiped and revered by new set of fools

You are a big Fool.
Its too Obvious that you don't know how Dumb you are.
If the Story of Jesus is a lie. why do you use the Internet,phones,cars,electricity and other Things produced by the same Whiteman and his religeon?
You can find a Reservation and live like pre- colonial Africans. you can't hate Christainity and still love the Civilization it brought you. Clown.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by blueAgent(m): 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
dearpreye:
We need to actually stop abusing religion.

Why did we copy the Whites man's religion without copying his science and technology? Religion doesn't create a developed nation. It only produces lazy folks who will rather throw their hands upwards to Heaven to pray instead of engaging their BRAINS. God didn't give us brains for a souvenir. No nation ever became great through some lazy, docile prayers.

Every nation developed through hard work, critical thinking, research, sweat, rule of law, nationwide ethics of honour and sacrifice. Prayers don't build nations.

Why did we abandon our native intelligence after we met with the Whites? The Japanese, Chinese, Indians, etc, still uphold their religions while they pursue Western intelligence, science and logic.

How many African nations are nuclear powers?

Nigeria has an insulting 4000 MW for a whole 170 million people.

How many libraries are close to you? How many of us read at all?

Stop fooling yourself , Africans have lowIQ. their problem is not religeon.
Which native intelligenece?
Haiti is rated one of the top 10 poorest countries even after 200yrs of Independence and despite having a religeon that is based on mostly westAfrican traditional religeon.
Till today natives in parts of Papua New Guenia still pratice Cannibalism, Human Sacrifice, and idol worship.they have not been influenced by Western religeon and culture, so why are they not developed by now?
In East Africa. African traditional doctors request for body parts of Albinos inorder to make spell or charms for their Clients that will make them rich.is christainity also the cause?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by blueAgent(m): 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2016
danowena:
I tire.. over-spirituality is worrying us. angry

LowIQ is our problem not Spirituality.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by blueAgent(m): 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2016
dearpreye:
We need to actually stop abusing religion.

Why did we copy the Whites man's religion without copying his science and technology? Religion doesn't create a developed nation. It only produces lazy folks who will rather throw their hands upwards to Heaven to pray instead of engaging their BRAINS. God didn't give us brains for a souvenir. No nation ever became great through some lazy, docile prayers.

Every nation developed through hard work, critical thinking, research, sweat, rule of law, nationwide ethics of honour and sacrifice. Prayers don't build nations.

Why did we abandon our native intelligence after we met with the Whites? The Japanese, Chinese, Indians, etc, still uphold their religions while they pursue Western intelligence, science and logic.

How many African nations are nuclear powers?

Nigeria has an insulting 4000 MW for a whole 170 million people.

How many libraries are close to you? How many of us read at all?

Stop fooling yourself , Africans have lowIQ. their problem is not religeon.
Which native intelligenece?
Haiti is rated one of the top 10 poorest countries even after 200yrs of Independence and despite having a religeon that is based on mostly westAfrican traditional religeon.
Till today natives in parts of Papua New Guenia still pratice Cannibalism, Human Sacrifice, and idol worship.they have not been influenced by Western religeon and culture, so why are they not developed by now?
In East Africa. African traditional doctors request for body parts of Albinos inorder to make spell or charms for their Clients that will make them rich.is christainity also the cause?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by blueAgent(m): 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2016
danowena:
I tire.. over-spirituality is worrying us. angry

LowIQ is our problem not Spirituality.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by blueAgent(m): 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
mmsen:

It's not 'we blacks'. There's a hardcore of mentally unstable people who hear voices, talk to the sky and think that a deity talks back to them

Many Nigerians, an increasing number, recognize the lunacy of religion and the lie of spiritual causes but you cannot have rational discourse with an insane person which is why it is so difficult to change the minds of some.

This is especially true of the people in Nigerian society who go to church 3/4 times a week and have negative things to say about those of us who are not religious.

Another Clueless clown. all developed countries are highly developed. religeon is not our problem but lowIQ.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by blueAgent(m): 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
Svengali:
Because Nigerians refuse to examine the root cause of many of their problems. Many times, we're the underlying cause of the problems we face, but we blacks are always reluctant to accept the bitter truth. We don't believe we're evil but we think others are.

100% true ,blacks found in Atheits Countries are stll Dumb as rock. religeon is not our problem.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by blueAgent(m): 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
mmsen:

It's not 'we blacks'. There's a hardcore of mentally unstable people who hear voices, talk to the sky and think that a deity talks back to them

Many Nigerians, an increasing number, recognize the lunacy of religion and the lie of spiritual causes but you cannot have rational discourse with an insane person which is why it is so difficult to change the minds of some.

This is especially true of the people in Nigerian society who go to church 3/4 times a week and have negative things to say about those of us who are not religious.

Another Clueless clown. all developed countries are highly religeous, religeon is not our problem but lowIQ.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by blueAgent(m): 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
Rapmoney:
If we call on God for every issue, even those caused by us, then why do we have brains as living beings?

Often times, I have religious leaders calling on members of the public to pray so that our rulers would stop misappropriating public funds! I tell you, punishing anyone who steals seriously will be more effective than praying for them not to steal!

100% true. and that's while it seems Christainity is more effective in western countries.becos they uphold moral values and punish corrupt people. Atheists are so dumb not to see the difference.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by blueAgent(m): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2016
EVILFOREST:
BLACKS don't know anything.
BLACKS need to be recolonised for life.
BLACKS can't govern blacks

100% true blacks are zombies. even if they turn Atheists do will still remain undeveloped. religeon is not their problem.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by blueAgent(m): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2016
Bluffly:
The truth is, it will take a while for this mentality to disappear because the African black environment is highly enmeshed in spiritual evils unlike other race. Until we start to practice spirituality for the benefit of mankind at the traditional level and believe that work and prayer works together and not prayer and look.

True.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by blueAgent(m): 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
TrajansKong:

You are the perfect example of what the OP was talking about.

All our problems come from this.

Other populations THINK. People like you just BELIEVE and mistake that for intelligence.

It is embarrassing. We have nothing to show for our faith and belief. Not one pencil factory angry angry

For the sake of Africa, please do not reproduce.

The Bible says faith without work is dead. even if you remove religeon from Africans, they will still be poor.becos they are Selfish,greed,and mentally lazy.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by TrajansKong: 12:36pm On Jul 27, 2016
blueAgent:

100% true blacks are zombies. even if they turn Atheists do will still remain undeveloped. religeon is not their problem.

OK, blueAgent.

Who are you?

Why your bizarre obsession with IQ?

Why such extreme Christian dementia?

What is your own solution to the problems you perceive?

Are you even a Black person?

What do are you doing on Nairaland at all?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by TrajansKong: 12:39pm On Jul 27, 2016
blueAgent:

The Bible says faith without work is dead. even if you remove religeon from Africans, they will still be poor.becos they are Selfish,greed,and mentally lazy.

Ah.

Got it.

You're a Whaaart Saaarth Effrikkan Loser.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by blueAgent(m): 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
TrajansKong:

Ah.
Got it.
You're a Whaaart Saaarth Effrikkan Loser.

Clown.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by blueAgent(m): 12:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
TrajansKong:

OK, blueAgent.

Who are you?

Why your bizarre obsession with IQ?

Why such extreme Christian dementia?

What is your own solution to the problems you perceive?

Are you even a Black person?

What do are you doing on Nairaland at all?

Africans and blacks have low IQ , whereever.you find blacks weather in US,China,india,Japan or Africa you will still get the same results. Choas.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by TrajansKong: 12:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
blueAgent:

Africans and blacks have low IQ , whereever.you find blacks westher in US,China,india,Japan or Africa you will still get the same results. Choas.

Still haven't answered my questions.

Who are you?

Why are you here?

What are your solutions to the issues raised by the OP?

Can Jesus or Hendrik Verwoerd supply you with an answer, blueAgent??

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by blueAgent(m): 1:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
TrajansKong:

Still haven't answered my questions.

Who are you?

Why are you here?

What are your solutions to the issues raised by the OP?

Can Jesus or Hendrik Verwoerd supply you with an answer, blueAgent??

Iam not Obliged to answer your questions.
Till Africans become honest to themselves and work hard rather than blame others , nothing will get better.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by TrajansKong: 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2016
blueAgent:
Choas.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by TrajansKong: 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2016
blueAgent:

Iam not Obliged to answer your questions.
Till Africans become honest to themselves and work hard rather than blame others , nothing will get better.

Spoken like a true white man!!

Your second comment holds true, nonetheless.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by OptimusJnr(m): 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
I don't think having a personal relationship with God will lead one to ignorant behavior and lack of wisdom in his/her dealings, the Bible teaches us not to lean on our own understanding but by faith live with the wisdom of God written in his word, many of African believers would rather live by the words of a "Prophet" rather than the former.
lepasharon:

The so called personal relationship with God is the cause of the stupidity of Africans in the first place
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? by raphieMontella: 6:35am On Jul 29, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

An Armed Robbery Experience I Had Moments After A Holy Ghost Church Service / Problems With Biblical Inerrancy / Lust Is the Problem, Not Nudity, For Without Lust, Nudity Is Nothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.