Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released (25751 Views)

Tunde Adeniran Rejects Outcome Of PDP Convention, Calls BOT To Take Over Party / ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North / The South East And The Insultive PDP Zoning Formula In 2019. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by cckris: 9:38am On Jul 27, 2016
mrvitalis:

The truth is this U can never rule out the strength of we igbos
I don't blame my brothers for the way they reason.. Among all the 3 major tribes we are the least used to politics... It's a new thing to us
Yorubas, fulanis, hausas and the others have been playing politics for hundreds of years before now.. For us igbos it's just a new thing we are trying to learn and we are not doing bad for learners don't u think??
Historical politics of Igboland was like Germany, based on AUTONOMOUS COUNTIES, before 1860 when Bismarck brought them together to form one Political German Republic.
In Igboland Ikeduru towns & villages have always known how to organise their REPUBLICAN DEMOCRACY, without external influence. So is Ngwa, Nkanu, Mba Ise, Idemili, Ezza, etc.
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by tibaonnet: 9:41am On Jul 27, 2016
neocortex:

It is certain that Igbos won't suppot him, neither can he get
50% of Southwest votes.
What you are not considering is that it is difficult to sell a "change"
candidate than a continuity one especially when the country is not
at ease.
Do you know that the revelations emerging from the corruption fight of the current party has endeared the hearts of the South-westerner to this party(APC) & the people would vote anyone presented by the party as their candidate(if the anti-corruption war is sustain).
Talking about economy of the nation, the economy could be salvaged before the next general elections as they still have time to do that. The change still sell.

3 Likes

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by olisaEze(m): 9:44am On Jul 27, 2016
ATTAHDYE:
Zoning simply means we are not ready to put the best man/woman forward.

GBAM!!! Nuff said!
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 27, 2016
mrvitalis:

Lying to oneself is a bad thing
In 2011 didn't Buhari meet igbos to support him that he would rule one term n hand over to igbos??
In 2003 am sure Buhari won alot of states in the south East but was rigged out
In 2015 we were told that APC is a northern Islamic party while PDP is a southern party... And u can't deny
this

Stop lying bro

2011 Buhari did not set foot in ONE single South eastern state. Even billboard he did not erect. Go and do your homework. He would have followed the same pattern in 2015 if not for Amaechi who convinced him otherwise..

1 Like

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by gwales: 9:46am On Jul 27, 2016
[s]
AMI3:
PDP is ruling this country again. Let us look at this very critically:

Presidency is coming from the North. This strategy is to divide the North into two equal part because some Northerners will support PMB if he still has intention of contesting and some will support PDP.

South- South/ South east will go with PDP. The Battle ground will be on South West.

APC is loosing out unless the APC government use the power of incumbency that is when they will still hold the center by rigging the result.

Most PDP supporters do not care where PDP candidate comes from all what they are looking for is for POWER TO RETURN TO THE PEOPLE.

AMECHI, ROCHAS. FASHOLA ETC start running because you can only run but you can not hide or escape from the wrath of PDP, grin grin grin
[/s] the north is wiser

1 Like

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by DeRay98(m): 9:50am On Jul 27, 2016
mrvitalis:

In 2011 didn't Buhari meet igbos to support him that he would rule one term n hand over to igbos??
In 2015 we were told that APC is a northern Islamic party while PDP is a southern party... And u can't deny
this

Stop lying bro
Very true, they are hating him till now....

1 Like

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by bonechamberlain(m): 9:56am On Jul 27, 2016
DamiBukola:

Let me clear a point some of you misunderstood, Igbos never hated Northern candidate as president. If I may ask, who won old Eastern bloc in 1979 presidential election? Who won there in 1983 ? Who won there in 2007 ? The problem is Buhari, Buhari is their problem because me personally I haven't seen a northerner who hates the East like Buhari (via his speech and demeanor)
exactly, the east is not concerned northerners are in power for 20 years, as long as it's not an extremist and a bigot. Buhari is the problem.
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by saintdennis(m): 10:05am On Jul 27, 2016
AMI3:
PDP is ruling this country again. Let us look at this very critically:

Presidency is coming from the North. This strategy is to divide the North into two equal part because some Northerners will support PMB if he still has intention of contesting and some will support PDP.

South- South/ South east will go with PDP. The Battle ground will be on South West.

APC is loosing out unless the APC government use the power of incumbency that is when they will still hold the center by rigging the result.

Most PDP supporters do not care where PDP candidate comes from all what they are looking for is for POWER TO RETURN TO THE PEOPLE.

AMECHI, ROCHAS. FASHOLA ETC start running because you can only run but you can not hide or escape from the wrath of PDP, grin grin grin

Would have taken your analysis except u forget a key ingredient... THE SOUTH!

Lemme tell you FACT... I see APC zoning PRESIDENCY TO EITHER SS/SW (if they do not present ribadu as presido sef)

It will shock pdp...especially if apc manage poach obaino from apga (tho very unlikely) it's just 2016! 3years from now many dynamics will come into play.

Pdp announcing and openly making promises and zoning kinda makes them PREDICTABLE
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 27, 2016
neocortex:

Typical APC apologists, playing the ethnic card when it suits them, then turning around to blame the opposition for sowing disunity among Nigerians. After Buhari's experiment, many Nigerians would have learnt that candidates principles and portfolio is more important than "our son" tag.
What do you think will happen if APC fields Rochas ?
APC will loose.
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 27, 2016
mrvitalis:

this

Stop lying bro

What exactly is your point Alhaji Vitalis??
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by mrvitalis(m): 10:43am On Jul 27, 2016
SnowJay92:

What exactly is your point Alhaji Vitalis??
The political class are just using religious and ethnic sentiments to get at us... I voted Buhari because he was to me a better candidate to Jonathan...
And we igbos should vote for a party that will give us what we want not based on sentiments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 27, 2016
tibaonnet:
Lemme see who among the PDP from the north would be able to stand Nuhu Ribadu when APC field him come 2019.

APC's next presidential candidate after buhari won't be a northerner. It will be a southerner. Fact. Nuhu ribadu can only be given a VP spot.
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by abumaryam012(m): 11:12am On Jul 27, 2016
DamiBukola:

Let me clear a point some of you misunderstood, Igbos never hated Northern candidate as president. If I may ask, who won old Eastern bloc in 1979 presidential election? Who won there in 1983 ? Who won there in 2007 ? The problem is Buhari, Buhari is their problem because me personally I haven't seen a northerner who hates the East like Buhari (via his speech and demeanor)
And now he's the President, whether you like it or not. if you are not comfortable, why not go and commit suicide. Buhari till 2023.

1 Like

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by ogmask: 11:28am On Jul 27, 2016
mrvitalis:
Voting PDP in 2019 means giving North a straight 12 years rule... While voting APC means giving them 8, so who will the igbos vote for....
We made a mistake giving our chances to the ijaws, so we would have to play very smart to win the presidency in 2019
In politics u calculate ans our calculations have been very wrong... APC remain the fastest means to igbo presidency (not as if that's important tho)

Anything other than mrvitalis' post is suicide to the igbos. I hope they throw away selfishness and bitterness this time around. I make bold to say that the political future of the southeast is in APC.
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by ogmask: 11:46am On Jul 27, 2016
vivianbelema:

APC belong to 2 persons only.
Buhari OWNS the CPC
Tinubu OWNS the ACN

This is a pdp thread sister. Wake up elections are over. Haba!!!!!
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by vivianbelema(f): 11:51am On Jul 27, 2016
ogmask:

This is a pdp thread sister. Wake up elections are over. Haba!!!!!
Hell No, am still dreaming.
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by ikwubaba: 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
mrvitalis:

this

Stop lying bro

No mind am. Some people including Igbos (maybe Igbos are more)actually hate Buhari because they survive and thrive only under corrupt atmosphere. So he remain a treat to their illicit progress.
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by kkboy(m): 12:10pm On Jul 27, 2016
I thought PDP Zoning is spreed within the 6 -Geo-political zones. this north and south zoning get as e bi oooo
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by stansaintly(m): 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2016
blaqoracle:
igbos are no longer relevant in the scheme of things in nigeria

You are just as useless as your ancestors.
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by PatrickAnyanwu(m): 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
we are waiting for boksheriff to announce his own fake list for Abuja convention
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by cckris: 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
ikwubaba:

No mind am. Some people including Igbos (maybe Igbos are more)actually hate Buhari because they survive and thrive only under corrupt atmosphere. So he remain a treat to their illicit progress.
Igbos thrive under corrupt atmosphere? Which planet are you just visiting from?
Travel around Nigeria, & ask non-Nigerians who they SEE sustaining the Economy of this nation.
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by ikwubaba: 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

GEJ was not Igbo....and if he had won in 2015...that means a Northern president in 2019...with 2027 being the earliest an Igbo could hope for top job.

If PDP wins in 2019....the same applies.

Ironically, the best hope for an early Igbo presidency is APC wining in 2019...which leaves 2023...open to Igbo land.

But then again, things change. In 2007....I thought that an Igbo man would be president in 2015. Of course.....things are not always in a straight line....

You correct. But just try modify, assuming GEJ is considered Igbo. Because that is what he said (being ur brothers with the Azikiwe and Ebele thing. No Ijaw name). The Igbos acted it. They are more vehement supporter of him than even ND.

It means Igbos have already done theirs. But if they had support PMB, they could have negotiated for 2023 at the worst. But with what had happened, after an 8 yrs Northern PDP from 2019, it will be turn of a North central. Same goes for PMB for 2019. Any which way, it is better for Igbos to negotiate in APC than wait for 16 yrs in PDP. Things change very drastically in a long time like 16yrs. There may even be no more PDP. Watch. That is the intention of the ruling government.

Sure they didn't do this permutation when they were supporting wholly and blindly in 2015. They created a strong impression of GEJ being an Igbo. I hear and believe he is from Arondizuogu. Not surprising.
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by ikwubaba: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
cckris:

Igbos thrive under corrupt atmosphere? Which planet are you just visiting from?
Travel around Nigeria, & ask non-Nigerians who they SEE sustaining the Economy of this nation.

Sustaining economy how? importing fake goods and defrauding people. Please tell me how they are supporting any economy. Why didn't they go support economy in their own state and make it an envy? Why hustle in another state?
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by Texco10(m): 12:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
Igbos can only achieve their presidential ambition through PDP. These are my reasons;
South east has only little say in APC unlike PDP
South west are already singing for presidency and has a major say in APC
Nigeria's president cant last more than 8yrs in either North or South so after North is South and in PDP, the south south, south west have all produced the president of this country but in APC is only the North which means the cycle will start all over again.
If APC is serious with Igbo man becoming the President, they should have given the VP slot to the East so that they will know that the next president will come from their side thats looking at the antecedent of this present democracy, ie Obj/Atiku, Yarauda/Gej,Gej/Sambo, and presently Buhari/Osinbajo. So you can answer the region where the next president will come from.
mrvitalis:
Voting PDP in 2019 means giving North a straight 12 years rule... While voting APC means giving them 8, so who will the igbos vote for....
We made a mistake giving our chances to the ijaws, so we would have to play very smart to win the presidency in 2019
In politics u calculate ans our calculations have been very wrong... APC remain the fastest means to igbo presidency (not as if that's important tho)
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
mrvitalis:

The political class are just using religious and ethnic sentiments to get at us... I voted Buhari because he was to me a better candidate to Jonathan...
And we igbos should vote for a party that will give us what we want not based on sentiments

Voting someone or some party because you're hoping they'd hand over to your tribe, isn't that tribalistic and sentimental?
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by feedthenation(m): 1:30pm On Jul 27, 2016
There goes the Igbos presidency until infinity.

Definetely, there will be a northern presidential candidate come 2019 for PDP.
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by steppin: 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2016
Akaujaa:

We've heard you! You've made your points already. You are ready to support a president of Northern extraction for life provided he's of PDP and also not in the person of Buhari but you cannot support Buhari to rule for 8 years and hand over to an Igbo man. Fake Igbo man! Your types are the reason the Igbos are perceived as second class citizens. Hypocrites.
He's no fake. He just said the minds of millions of Igbos. We hate Buhari as much as he hates us.
He hasn't tried to hide it and we haven't either.
Even when he used Okadigbo, an Igbo man as his VP candidate at one time, we still didn't vote for him.
So, don't get mad, accept things the way they are.
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by Akaujaa(m): 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
steppin:

He's no fake. He just said the minds of millions of Igbos. We hate Buhari as much as he hates us.
He hasn't tried to hide it and we haven't either.
Even when he used Okadigbo, an Igbo man as his VP candidate at one time, we still didn't vote for him.
So, don't get mad, accept things the way they are.

Hahahaha...I laugh at kids like you who barely can distinguish between facts and farce. Otherwise, you should have a perfect understanding the fact that it is impossible to hate someone who's ignorant of your existence. No one is stopping you from hating. You can keeping hating till you get to the grave but get it into your sick brain the fact that with the support of the entire north and south west, Buhari doesn't need the Igbos to be president till 2023. Your noise making can only end up in unleashing gutter propaganda. Don't forget to keep hating ooo.
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by emtol: 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2016
mrvitalis:
Would Igbo presidency made Nigeria a better place?
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by dmorf: 2:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
mrvitalis:

Igbos dont want to rule your nigeria... we want biafra
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by hannyjay(f): 2:48pm On Jul 27, 2016
DamiBukola:

then they shud b ready to visit d lagoon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Allocates 4.3bn For Revival Of Ajaokuta Steel Company / 2019 Election Update: INEC Officials At Sagamu Testing The Card Readers - PUNCH / Nabena: Lai Mohammed, Gang Will Be Exposed. Whatever He Says Is Considered A Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.