Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje (35648 Views)

PLEASE HELP(UNILAG TRANSCRIPT): How Do I Get My Transcripts Processed / 8 Common Academic Related Slangs In Nigerian Universities / 150 Courses Unaccredited In Nigerian Universities — FULL LIST (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 16, 2016
grin grin grin cheesy

I remember one time I almost went to redo JAMB because this ER Officer wanted his salary before he could find my transcript.

At a time you'd think you were applying to be an Angel.

3 Likes

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by 40manlappy: 6:57am On Dec 16, 2016
CocoLav, what about those who collect outrageous fees and still don't make it readily available?

Paid N50,000 for mine about 3 weeks ago yet, I am still waiting angry
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Chukwuka16: 6:58am On Dec 16, 2016
Fogman:
University of Ibadan, stand out as the worst institution to seek for a transcript.
Seriously? Processed mine and got it in a day. That was 2014 though. Besides, I had to be there myself for emphasis.
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by karimcarim(m): 6:59am On Dec 16, 2016
EKSU has changed from old method to modern method. So apply and get between 2 weeks.There is now other charges apart from the main charges.
Don't hate EKSU, LOVE EKSU

1 Share

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by pxjosh(m): 7:01am On Dec 16, 2016
Well, CoCoLav you did a great job pulling this piece. It's good to know schools like unn are already using itranscript. Just hope others esp uniben will follow suit asap.

Bhet why u come dey add snake at the end of ur post grin
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by bellville: 7:10am On Dec 16, 2016
Chukwuka16:

Seriously? Processed mine and got it in a day. That was 2014 though. Besides, I had to be there myself for emphasis.
It's easy to get transcript from UI if you've done your clearance before the application. It even gets easier if you've obtained one before. I applied for my transcript immediately after clearance so that subsequent ones would be easier.
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Souljaboi1: 7:24am On Dec 16, 2016
LAUTECH has implemented 1, 2 and 3.

Quite sad they had to embark on this strike. The school had lots of potential.. cry

4 Likes

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Esther99(f): 7:35am On Dec 16, 2016
In unilorin, like a week or two weeks after convocation the students copy of transcript will be ready though still depend on the faculty nd department

1 Like

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Detoni(f): 7:43am On Dec 16, 2016
Souljaboi1:

Quite sad they had to embark on this strike. The school had lots of potential.. cry
Lautech is frustrating m with their strike. I missed out on 2 admissions because I couldnt get my transcript. Everything is just tiring with no job at hand.

2 Likes

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by larrygal(f): 7:45am On Dec 16, 2016
Souljaboi1:

Wat kind of stupid potential.....please don't even mention Dat nonsense uni ,even D online application dey implemented is just like D manual ,you will have to go to school and do D follow up
OMG....I need a reprint for my transcript and dis stupid school has been on strike for ova 7month ...I pray I don't lose ds admission wit nigeria university stupid ways .....

2 Likes

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by saleemema(m): 7:48am On Dec 16, 2016
Chukwuka16:

Plus...UI gives transcripts to students after resumption for new sessions.
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by KingzPen(m): 7:51am On Dec 16, 2016
Fogman:
University of Ibadan, stand out as the worst institution to seek for a transcript.
Are you for real? Please enlighten me on its process...

1 Like

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by saleemema(m): 7:56am On Dec 16, 2016
KingzPen:
Same here
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Souljaboi1: 8:06am On Dec 16, 2016
pxjosh:
Well, CoCoLav you did a great job pulling this piece. It's good to know schools like unn are already using itranscript. Just hope others esp uniben will follow suit asap.

Bhet why u come dey add snake at the end of ur post grin

Guten Morgen

Ich spreche wenig Deutsch, und Sie ?

Detoni:
Lautech is frustrating m with their strike. I missed out on 2 admissions because I couldnt get my transcript. Everything is just tiring with no job at hand.

I have an idea how frustrating that can be, just hold on. The ease you seek is near. smiley

larrygal:

Wat kind of stupid potential.....please don't even mention Dat nonsense uni ,even D online application dey implemented is just like D manual ,you will have to go to school and do D follow up
OMG....I need a reprint for my transcript and dis stupid school has been on strike for ova 7month ...I pray I don't lose ds admission wit nigeria university stupid ways .....

Nonsense Uni you say ? And you were singing

Great Lautech I'm proud of you,
Great Lautech you make me whole

during your time there ? undecided undecided

Aunty Lara, park well joor. We don't throw away the baby with the waste water. Yes, the strike has caused us lots of opportunity. Yes, time lost won't be recovered. But to say its a nonsense university is going overboard.

Besides, I heard that you resigned your job. Abeg give me the address of your former boss, awon guys dey for street dey find something similar. cheesy
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Fogman(m): 8:08am On Dec 16, 2016
KingzPen:

My sib needed her transcript and had to help her do the processing. For over 12months UI couldn't provide transcript. Even I went as far as paying the guys at academic & records to sort out all the results from other departments. Which they did and sent to her department. Her department gave me a shock when they told me that some her departmental results can not be found and as such transcript can't be issued. I had to abandon it. Whenever I m ready for them. they will hear from my attorney.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Lagbaja01(m): 8:11am On Dec 16, 2016
nice write up but wait op, u mean $3 = (N480)?

1 Like

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 16, 2016
thunderbabs:
Olabisi Onabanjo University is a typical ''who cares if you need it before deadline''.

Some schools just are just enemies of progress. Applied for transcript since 6 months, yet to get it.

Until you bribe and tip, tip and bribe which doesnt even guarantee promptness either.

Transcript requests from Nigerian schools can be suicidal sef.
only God can save us

1 Like

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by zicoraads: 8:16am On Dec 16, 2016
Just thinking of how going to that useless school, University of Abuja to collect my transcript is making me ill. This year, my sister came down from the USA and wanted collecting hers. Those useless e-diots at Uni Abuja frustrated her life so much so that she couldn't collect it.
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Valkyr: 8:19am On Dec 16, 2016
CocaLav kiss kiss kiss. So much pecks for you. May ur ink keep flowing.. Are u my kindred spirit? I work as collegiate rep with ETX-NG.. I'm saddened by the negative review of clients who don't understand that an ETX is limited by the non-digitilazation by Nigerian institutions.. (everybody mustn't give a nice review abi)

UNN can project image eh. But they are really putting much effort to meet up with what you saw on the website. iTranscript/SEAMFIX folks still they carry files around. But they seem to be digitalizing it concurrently.

1 Like

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by maxwellontop(m): 8:35am On Dec 16, 2016
Ekiti State University is a typical example of enemy of progress..... Having collected my Result and Certificate, the school's academic & records are telling me I hard outstanding on my result for over 6months.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by iamclime(m): 8:40am On Dec 16, 2016
Digitizing voluminous academic data has been a long standing problem in Nigerian universities. The challenges are enormous but not insurmountable. However, LASU has taken first steps several years ago, way before many other Nigerian universities. Any genuine LASU graduate can get his complete academic profile by just typing in his Matriculation Number on http://www.dpu.lasu.edu.ng He will see all courses he took while in school and his CGPA up to graduation. He may use this as a temporary proof of his academic history while waiting for his transcript. I will give more details on the process of obtaining a transcript in LASU soon. We are LASU, we are PROUD!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Raemond(m): 8:48am On Dec 16, 2016
Currently trying to get my transcript, I have spent quite a lot already.
Talk about a school where convocation held without proper information passed to the alumni. It was not posted online either.
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Saintsquare(m): 8:55am On Dec 16, 2016
karimcarim:
EKSU has changed from old method to modern method. So apply and get between 2 weeks.There is now other charges apart from the main charges.
Don't hate EKSU, LOVE EKSU
Are you sure about this bro?

1 Like

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by KingzPen(m): 9:00am On Dec 16, 2016
Fogman:

My sib needed her transcript and had to help her do the processing. For over 12months UI couldn't provide transcript. Even I went as far as paying the guys at academic & records to sort out all the results from other departments. Which they did and sent to her department. Her department gave me a shock when they told me that some her departmental results can not be found and as such transcript can't be issued. I had to abandon it. Whenever I m ready for them. they will hear from my attorney.
This is serious...
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by crowther15(m): 9:01am On Dec 16, 2016
I think only UNILORIN still has the best procedures in collecting transcript. Once you convocate you get it before going for service like weeks later. did they even charge for it? i dnt think so

1 Like

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 16, 2016
Chocogold:
Uniprt stressed me buh finally I got it at a cheap rate...though I waited 17months...lol
That's unacceptable!
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Securedbet24: 9:29am On Dec 16, 2016
Here in Tai Solarin University of Education, it's a thing of not less than 2 days.

I applied for the first time whilst I had to go make documentations of my masters programme in unilorin in a matter of 2days and I got it with only 7k.

I resorted getting another one at same 7k when I travelled for a function in ijebu ode around October which I got instantly (sealed) the next day. I know it would be useful because u never can tell I could need it someday

Here in TASUED, Ijebu-Ode, getting ur transcript at a needed time is a non issue

1 Like

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by larrygal(f): 9:32am On Dec 16, 2016
Souljaboi1:

Guten Morgen

Ich spreche wenig Deutsch, und Sie ?

I have an idea how frustrating that can be, just hold on. The ease you seek is near. smiley

Nonsense Uni you say ? And you were singing

Great Lautech I'm proud of you,
Great Lautech you make me whole

during your time there ? undecided undecided

Aunty Lara, park well joor. We don't throw away the baby with the waste water. Yes, the strike has caused us lots of opportunity. Yes, time lost won't be recovered. But to say its a nonsense university is going overboard.

Besides, I heard that you resigned your job. Abeg give me the address of your former boss, awon guys dey for street dey find something similar. cheesy
Kwa Kwa Kwa
Souja boi u dey dis forum...lol... seriously i dnt praise lautech right from day one, my dad forced me to go to dat school,he told me to drop oau for lautech because of oau strike..arrrrrgggghhh ..I cud feel my pain my self
As for D job ....I no pray dat kind job for my enemy ,if my boss is on D forum make e dey hear am..lol
Bt if my enemy's friend need D job d address is No 1.....

Fill in D space

1 Like

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Rayton(m): 9:54am On Dec 16, 2016
What about that of Ebsu? Any idea?
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by LMay(f): 9:57am On Dec 16, 2016
CocoLav, don't be deceived with that ETX e-transcript thingy. Applied to OAU for transcript 3 months ago via etx.com.ng, still waiting oh after 3 months. Guess what? It's electronic transcript not even the paper one. Paid N16.5k.

Sent someone to school transcript office to find out what's happening. The file is simply lying fallow on the table amongst hundreds of other files while the officer in charge chats away. After much persuasion, he gave the person a note to go to faculty to ask them to write out the results.

The woman at the faculty promised she would send it to transcript office the ffg day. The man at the transcript office promised it will be ready in 2 days. Well, this is 4 weeks & some days after the promise of 2 days, the result is still at the faculty.

When someone helped us follow it up yesterday, the woman at the faculty asked to speak with transcript owner on phone. Guess wjat she said on phone? "Ehn, did you bring me convocation and induction rice & drink? You have to buy me malt as substitute" To say I was shocked is an understatement. Our proxy had to settle her with a N500 recharge card before she began to sound promising again.

Here we are 3 months, some days, N16.5k application fee, a few tips here & there despite ETX, and STILL WAITING!

Honestly, I give up on Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by kunlegboye(m): 10:12am On Dec 16, 2016
In UNIBEN,After my normal payment,I have bribed with 30k, I still can't get it .one of the officers is still asking me for something before he can finish the job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cross River Public Schools To Resume June 16 As Government Mass Produces PPE / Hilarious Nicknames Given To Your Teachers When You're In Secondary School... / Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.