Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje (35634 Views)

PLEASE HELP(UNILAG TRANSCRIPT): How Do I Get My Transcripts Processed / 8 Common Academic Related Slangs In Nigerian Universities / 150 Courses Unaccredited In Nigerian Universities — FULL LIST (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by pxjosh(m): 10:14am On Dec 16, 2016
Souljaboi1:

Guten Morgen

Ich spreche wenig Deutsch

Das ist schön. Ich auch. Wie geht's? Und wie lange haben Sie Deutsch gelernt?

2 Likes

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by charlesucheh(m): 10:45am On Dec 16, 2016
All what you've written here are rubbish to a school as corrupt as Benue state University. they tell you that school policy detest giving out physical transcript to student, but when you bribe those miscreants working at the receptive point of the school's academic unit, you are bound to hold yours in your hands. NB: this has been a trend that nobody seems to be able to abate! try if you can!
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by COMPAQ(m): 12:05pm On Dec 16, 2016
thunderbabs:
Olabisi Onabanjo University is a typical ''who cares if you need it before deadline''.

Some schools just are just enemies of progress. Applied for transcript since 6 months, yet to get it.

Until you bribe and tip, tip and bribe which doesnt even guarantee promptness either.

Transcript requests from Nigerian schools can be suicidal sef.

Olabisi Onalaja is indeed useless!! Mine has been close to a year now with no luck. And I'm based I PH so I can't just wake up and go there every other weekend.

1 Like

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by luvisdkey: 1:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
Nigeria education, it's only God that can help. The role of school is to educate students to succeed but Nigeria is your failure the school are planning for. The lecturer will not like to pass you, most time missing script. All the want is outrageous fee(s)
E.g LASU part time since 2007/2008 session, I can't graduate because my script are not in order. Thousands of us not only me and we paid like private universities . Even medical fee in a building that you just come to take lecture and go back home.

Nigeria universities
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by thunderbabs: 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2016
COMPAQ:

Olabisi Onalaja is indeed useless!! Mine has been close to a year now with no luck. And I'm based I PH so I can't just wake up and go there every other wekend.

Same here..i am way out of the school's territory...so it's just frustrating how the school management and its academic affairs' unit are so full of ineptitude...
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by karimcarim(m): 5:06pm On Dec 16, 2016
Yes
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by clingtonpaul(m): 10:33pm On Dec 17, 2016
I jst gained today frm ur pices.I finnished frm unn few yrs back.jst thinking hw to get this thanks a lot op
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by greatestman(m): 5:54am On Dec 19, 2016
Esther99:
In unilorin, like a week or two weeks after convocation the students copy of transcript will be ready though still depend on the faculty nd department
My Alma mater(Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola formerly Federal University of Technology Yola) as soon your statement of result is ready, your transcript will be ready fully signed and endorsed by HOD. This will be in your file, anytime you make request the transcript will just be photocopied, stamped it from the office of the registrar. Then attached an introductory letter. So simple, your transcript can be ready within two days and be dispitach. We have fervent administrators in the school.

3 Likes

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 19, 2016
But, while will some schools not release the transcript in time gan? Na which benefit e dey do when it's with them?
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by karimcarim(m): 2:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
Yes, Call me and let's talk
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by pweetiedee(m): 3:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
maxwellontop:
Ekiti State University is a typical example of enemy of progress..... Having collected my Result and Certificate, the school's academic & records are telling me I hard outstanding on my result for over 6months.

Has this been rectified? what did you do about it?
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by LazyFolk: 2:33pm On Jan 05, 2018
[quote author=CoCoLav post=47976471]

Yeah, ordering my transcript from UNILAG was so easy but other schools you will have to make trips there. So annoying...[/quote

How did you order for yours?
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by zeriod: 8:30am On Jan 06, 2018
Pls who has a direct line for EXT, they are still confirming payment for 5 days now.
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by zeriod: 8:31am On Jan 06, 2018
Pls who has a direct line for ETX, they are still confirming payment for 5 days now.
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by FA13(m): 11:19am On Jan 10, 2018
zeriod:
Pls who has a direct line for ETX, they are still confirming payment for 5 days now.

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by pweetiedee(m): 6:38pm On Jan 22, 2018
maxwellontop:
Ekiti State University is a typical example of enemy of progress..... Having collected my Result and Certificate, the school's academic & records are telling me I hard outstanding on my result for over 6months.

Hi.

eksu too o.

Dept told me they can't find the whole of my ist semester 400 level record.

I'm confused...how did u solve this

maybe I should just collect certificate and go.

The school I'm sending to needs either certificate or transcript.

how much did you collect your certificate?
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by naijacentric(m): 3:42pm On May 25, 2018
CoCoLav:

It took roughly 4-5 weeks from when I applied to when it got to my school in North America.
please is it possible to send to an organization since dey said we cant send to private individuals
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by tiwiex(m): 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2018
LMay:
CocoLav, don't be deceived with that ETX e-transcript thingy. Applied to OAU for transcript 3 months ago via etx.com.ng, still waiting oh after 3 months. Guess what? It's electronic transcript not even the paper one. Paid N16.5k.

Sent someone to school transcript office to find out what's happening. The file is simply lying fallow on the table amongst hundreds of other files while the officer in charge chats away. After much persuasion, he gave the person a note to go to faculty to ask them to write out the results.

The woman at the faculty promised she would send it to transcript office the ffg day. The man at the transcript office promised it will be ready in 2 days. Well, this is 4 weeks & some days after the promise of 2 days, the result is still at the faculty.

When someone helped us follow it up yesterday, the woman at the faculty asked to speak with transcript owner on phone. Guess wjat she said on phone? "Ehn, did you bring me convocation and induction rice & drink? You have to buy me malt as substitute" To say I was shocked is an understatement. Our proxy had to settle her with a N500 recharge card before she began to sound promising again.

Here we are 3 months, some days, N16.5k application fee, a few tips here & there despite ETX, and STILL WAITING!

Honestly, I give up on Nigeria.

Did you eventually get it?
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by LMay(f): 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2018
tiwiex:

Did you eventually get it?

No. I had to go and do it manually in school begging and using personal contacts. In spite of that, it took about 4 months.
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Emmymoutish: 7:44pm On Dec 10, 2018
maxwellontop:
. Pls,how did you resolve it? Same thing is happening to me oo.pls beep me on this line so that I can call you 08035631430
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by maxwellontop(m): 7:55pm On Dec 18, 2018
pweetiedee:

Has this been rectified? what did you do about it?

Same old stories....
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Oluwayeminikans: 11:18am On Apr 25, 2019
That means your sister never collected her departmental transcript through out her academic sojourn. When UI says request from your department per session and in your final year get a full record. I agree the undergraduate exams and records still act outdated but the PG school transcript is way easier as long as you have once initiated the collection of Notification of results and a copy of student's transcript. In 1 week my MA transcript was ready for courier
Fogman:

My sib needed her transcript and had to help her do the processing. For over 12months UI couldn't provide transcript. Even I went as far as paying the guys at academic & records to sort out all the results from other departments. Which they did and sent to her department. Her department gave me a shock when they told me that some her departmental results can not be found and as such transcript can't be issued. I had to abandon it. Whenever I m ready for them. they will hear from my attorney.
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by otokx(m): 11:55am On Apr 25, 2019
Public Nigerian universities have a lot of work to do in making transcript processing and collection less cumbersome and efficient.
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by PECng: 10:19am On Nov 21, 2019
Solution to OAU, ETX, WES, IQAS and All other Transcript Issues
If you are currently having issues with your transcripts order or the delivery of the transcripts to where you need it, this write-up is definitely for you. So read and discover something funny about your transcripts issue.
If that initial paragraph held you down on this article and makes you want to continue reading it, then it most probably has to be you have ordered for your transcripts and it’s taking forever to get delivered to where you need it. If my assumption is anywhere near correct, then relax, I'm about to discuss the problem and the solution here >>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2019/11/solution-to-etx-wes-ece-and-all-other.html

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 05, 2019
SSS
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by PECng: 2:20pm On Dec 05, 2019
OAU Postgraduate College Trying to Turn a New Leaf
If there is any one thing OAU Postgraduate College (PGC) is widely known for, it has to be the fact that the PGC is very unorganized and sluggish in everything. Everyone who comes for a PG programme in OAU is either a person who doesn’t know what they are about to get into or a person who knows but doesn’t mind just because of some advantages of undergoing a PG programme in OAU; example of such advantage being the relatively cheap school fees for a postgraduate programme. CONTINUE READING HERE>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2019/12/oau-postgraduate-college-trying-to-turn.html
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by PECng: 2:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
About Four Years of OAU Transcripts Service Going Digital with ETX Handling it, and With Bad Reviews Everywhere Online: What Has Gotten Better?
Some of us used the OAU’s transcripts service every now and then when it was 100% manual, and we have also been using it every now and then since it turned digital, and if there is anyone who should be able to know what has been up in the processes of getting your transcripts from OAU, it should be people like us. You must have read on every website and app people’s bitter complaints about their bitter experiences with OAU when they requested for their transcripts, and yes, everything you have read is true, absolutely true! CONTINUE READING HERE>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2019/12/about-four-years-of-oau-transcripts.html

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by PECng: 10:13am On Jan 02, 2020
Verification of Evaluated Documents As Concerning OAU, ETX, WES, IQAS, ECE and Other International Evaluation Institutions
Once their transcripts (and other documents) have been delivered to the evaluation institutions where they need them, most applicants for documents evaluation just assume their need to process anything has ended, and they stop paying attention to their evaluation institution portal for updates. Whereas they still have 3 or more things to do for their evaluation processes to be completed—the request for the verification of the evaluated documents being the very next just immediately after the documents have been evaluated by the institution they chose to do that for them. CONTINUE READING HERE>>>>>https://www.pecngr.com/2020/01/verification-of-evaluated-documents-as.html

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by PECng: 10:47am On Jan 16, 2020
Transcripts Delay in OAU, Where the Problems Are
Going online to see how you can get your transcripts from OAU to where you need them, but all you come across to read are bad reviews on how overly expensive and extremely slow or impossible the transcripts services are with OAU and the little company handling their transcripts services—ETX (which you have no other choices but to order your transcripts through), bad reviews posted by alumni who are angry about the services because they have been frustrated, exploited and made to lose one opportunity or two. Yes, those complaints are actually true, many of these people have requested for their transcripts on the website and they didn’t get them delivered at all and they heard nothing from nowhere—not from ETX nor from OAU—on why their transcripts were not delivered. ETX just collected their money and left them to wait forever to hear that their transcripts have been delivered, and have them give up when forever refused to come, and they got tired of hoping their transcripts get delivered when they are still useful. CONTINUE READING HERE>>>>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2020/01/transcripts-delay-in-oau-where-problems.html

Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Midex88(m): 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2021
PECng:
Transcripts Delay in OAU, Where the Problems Are
Going online to see how you can get your transcripts from OAU to where you need them, but all you come across to read are bad reviews on how overly expensive and extremely slow or impossible the transcripts services are with OAU and the little company handling their transcripts services—ETX (which you have no other choices but to order your transcripts through), bad reviews posted by alumni who are angry about the services because they have been frustrated, exploited and made to lose one opportunity or two. Yes, those complaints are actually true, many of these people have requested for their transcripts on the website and they didn’t get them delivered at all and they heard nothing from nowhere—not from ETX nor from OAU—on why their transcripts were not delivered. ETX just collected their money and left them to wait forever to hear that their transcripts have been delivered, and have them give up when forever refused to come, and they got tired of hoping their transcripts get delivered when they are still useful. CONTINUE READING HERE>>>>>>> https://www.pec-ng.com/2020/01/transcripts-delay-in-oau-where-problems.html

Has anyone used this person for transcript processing
Re: The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje by Ayo199(m): 12:33pm On Apr 28, 2021
Chocogold:

Sorry, that should be either state or private university...no federal university will charge such amount....they might stress you before you get it buh highest u gonna pay is 20k...with 11k I got mine
Says who? I just paid for 50k for requesting my school( Federal University) send my transcript to a school abroad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IBB University Lecturer Slaps His Student In Niger State / Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission / Am I Being Cheated?? Please Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.