Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) (78763 Views)

UK Spouse Visa Application 2018 / UK Spouse Visa Refused Under 320 (11) For Obtaining University Degrees/appeal- / Need Help Or Advice About Uk Spouse Visa. From Morocco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Bourne007(m): 8:39am On Jan 28, 2021
TB test not a requirement

profemebee:
hi

I came in since Oct 2019, and didn't know about having another TB test done when one comes in..

NHS registered and sent me my letter without any TB done.. please can you confirm or anyone confirm TB test will still be needed?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 5:48pm On Feb 01, 2021
Hi hi,

Please i have questions:

1. For separate documents with wifey and i with same addresses, must it be same period, e.g. same month, May 2020 for 2 different documents of NHS letter & maybe Virgin media bill?

We only have 2 joint documents, bank statement and Water bill.. this question is for separate documents.

2. Pls are 2 different bank statements from 2 banks regarded as same source? e,g. Barclays & TSB.. will that be 1 source? 2 sources?

3. My name is only on tenancy agreement but not on council tax, and i don't intend to submit council tax as a document, is that ok as long as i have other sources.

4. Any link for the housing requirement for the nos of people that can live in a house depending the nos of rooms in a house? i can't seem to find it... trying to find the max amount of people that can stay in a 2bedroom with a parlor

Thanks for anticipated answers.

N.B: Please can those who have been granted visa extension continue to update us with docs submitted so we can be updated ..thanks
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 6:31pm On Feb 01, 2021
electronic copies without stamps? Yes?

Bourne007:
Electronic copies are a Yes Yes.

Please consider the environment before printing smiley

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Bourne007(m): 7:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
Yes wink

profemebee:

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2021
profemebee:

Do they come with stamps? Just the logo of the bank is all you need. They will call to confirm if they need to. No fear.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2021
profemebee:
Hi hi,

Please i have questions:

1. For separate documents with wifey and i with same addresses, must it be same period, e.g. same month, May 2020 for 2 different documents of NHS letter & maybe Virgin media bill?

We only have 2 joint documents, bank statement and Water bill.. this question is for separate documents.

2. Pls are 2 different bank statements from 2 banks regarded as same source? e,g. Barclays & TSB.. will that be 1 source? 2 sources?

3. My name is only on tenancy agreement but not on council tax, and i don't intend to submit council tax as a document, is that ok as long as i have other sources.

4. Any link for the housing requirement for the nos of people that can live in a house depending the nos of rooms in a house? i can't seem to find it... trying to find the max amount of people that can stay in a 2bedroom with a parlor

N.B: Please can those who have been granted visa extension continue to update us with docs submitted so we can be updated ..thanks

1) i grouped 4 months together for each year. Example, I came in March, so March April May and June, I looked for a document that had his name and my name that fell within these period, and that was for period one. I did the same for all the other months (grouped in 4 months; if we had a proof with the two names, that would represent that period, otherwise I picked one for any month in the period with his name, and any month in that period in my name). Simple.

2) why do you need two bank statements? To prove your salary for the 6 months? If yes, wasn’t the salary paid into one account? You just need that one account. If it’s to prove address, You just need 1 month statement of any bank.

3) council tax is quite important sha. If your name isn’t on it it means you both have been paying for just 1 person.. wait how is your name on tenancy but not council? Aren’t you on the electoral roll? I pity your credit file grin

4) dunno. Google HMO (home of multiple occupancy I think).
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 12:11pm On Feb 03, 2021
profemebee:
Hi hi,

Please i have questions:

1. No, you need 6 documents each in individual names or 6 together in joint names across 2.5 years. I used individual documents and just spread it out over the period. Don't over think it. I just picked 3 documents a year for myself spread out evenly and 3 for my spouse, some were same month, some were not.

2. I used bank letters from 2 different banks, not statements. So like a letter telling me about interest rate change from one bank and another telling me that my account qualifies for a credit card from another bank.

3. Isn't evidence of council tax payment a requirement? I think it is, I included it. Your name doesn't have to be on the bill (mine isn't and hasn't been for the 5 years I have been here) but the council MUST be aware that you reside at the address and calculate your council tax accordingly otherwise it's illegal.

4. Use this link to check for overcrowding https://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/bedroomcalculator.aspx
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 9:18pm On Feb 03, 2021
thanksssssss...
Bourne007:
Yes wink

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 9:22pm On Feb 03, 2021
thanks..

only Monzo actually agreed to stamp.. i'm already trying to gather documents as the time goes by..

I will go for original copies to the house but for others like moneybox, they can email me an electronic copy with my name, address, etc

Aphrodite007:

Do they come with stamps? Just the logo of the bank is all you need. They will call to confirm if they need to. No fear.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 9:32pm On Feb 03, 2021
1. thanks for the knowledge..

2. i want to use it for proof of address for the 2years plus. I was thinking of using multiple bank statements as proof of address but i think i should just use our joint bank account alone as proof of address after reading your explanation.

3. I had to go during lockdown to submit my docs for right to rent checks to get on the tenancy agreement sometime last year May 2020. Also, i'm on the electoral roll and registered to vote. This is one of the documents i'm even going to use when i want to renew. However, i just never wanted to do the council tax as i intend to move to another place with wifey. We are 3adults and 1baby staying here in 2bd room apartment (wifey, her sister, sister's daughter and i) and they were listed in my initial spousal visa application and tenancy agreement, and i came in Oct 2019.

Please can you explain oooo? should i work on getting my name in council tax even now before i move?

I'm now worried.

Aphrodite007:

1) i grouped 4 months together for each year. Example, I came in March, so March April May and June, I looked for a document that had his name and my name that fell within these period, and that was for period one. I did the same for all the other months (grouped in 4 months; if we had a proof with the two names, that would represent that period, otherwise I picked one for any month in the period with his name, and any month in that period in my name). Simple.

2) why do you need two bank statements? To prove your salary for the 6 months? If yes, wasn’t the salary paid into one account? You just need that one account. If it’s to prove address, You just need 1 month statement of any bank.

3) council tax is quite important sha. If your name isn’t on it it means you both have been paying for just 1 person.. wait how is your name on tenancy but not council? Aren’t you on the electoral roll? I pity your credit file grin

4) dunno. Google HMO (home of multiple occupancy I think).
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 9:38pm On Feb 03, 2021
1. thanks, this answers it all

2. hmmmm bank letters, i have to find bank letters to sort this then.

3. Sincerely, i didn't know it was a problem. I just didn't even think of it. I hope it isn't too late, i will work on that from tomorrow asap. I came Oct 2019.

Also, if your name wasn't on the council tax bill, did you just present it with maybe your partner's name with same address Or someone else's name but same address?

4. thanks for the link.

newbie715:

1. No, you need 6 documents each in individual names or 6 together in joint names across 2.5 years. I used individual documents and just spread it out over the period. Don't over think it. I just picked 3 documents a year for myself spread out evenly and 3 for my spouse, some were same month, some were not.

2. I used bank letters from 2 different banks, not statements. So like a letter telling me about interest rate change from one bank and another telling me that my account qualifies for a credit card from another bank.

3. Isn't evidence of council tax payment a requirement? I think it is, I included it. Your name doesn't have to be on the bill (mine isn't and hasn't been for the 5 years I have been here) but the council MUST be aware that you reside at the address and calculate your council tax accordingly otherwise it's illegal.

4. Use this link to check for overcrowding https://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/bedroomcalculator.aspx
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 10:29pm On Feb 03, 2021
profemebee:
1. thanks for the knowledge..

2. i want to use it for proof of address for the 2years plus. I was thinking of using multiple bank statements as proof of address but i think i should just use our joint bank account alone as proof of address after reading your explanation.

3. I had to go during lockdown to submit my docs for right to rent checks to get on the tenancy agreement sometime last year May 2020. Also, i'm on the electoral roll and registered to vote. This is one of the documents i'm even going to use when i want to renew. However, i just never wanted to do the council tax as i intend to move to another place with wifey. We are 3adults and 1baby staying here in 2bd room apartment (wifey, her sister, sister's daughter and i) and they were listed in my initial spousal visa application and tenancy agreement, and i came in Oct 2019.

Please can you explain oooo? should i work on getting my name in council tax even now before i move?

I'm now worried.

Please group the months in 4 periods. Look for at least two council tax for each year you’ve been here, and attach them to the period that they belong to, then Identify what documents match other periods.

That council tax is important (and probably mandatory), so please work on that.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 10:51pm On Feb 03, 2021
i dont mind paying any arrears for the council tax.. i honestly didnt know it was a problem

I'm grateful i even asked here, imagine i tried to renew spousal visa next year without knowing all these?

Regarding the 2 council tax for each year you're referring to, i hope i can achieve getting my name in quickly before the bill comes cos i think it comes just 1ce a year, sometime April. That means the one for April 2021 is almost due. After that, i can then show the one for the new apartment when i move this year.

Thanks.

Aphrodite007:

Please group the months in 4 periods. Look for at least two council tax for each year you’ve been here, and attach them to the period that they belong to, then Identify what documents match other periods.

That council tax is important (and probably mandatory), so please work on that.

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 12:18am On Feb 04, 2021
profemebee:
1. thanks, this answers it all

2. hmmmm bank letters, i have to find bank letters to sort this then.

3. Sincerely, i didn't know it was a problem. I just didn't even think of it. I hope it isn't too late, i will work on that from tomorrow asap. I came Oct 2019.

Also, if your name wasn't on the council tax bill, did you just present it with maybe your partner's name with same address Or someone else's name but same address?

4. thanks for the link.

The answers you get depend on the information you present. Going by your updates, I don't think you have a problem re council tax.

From your initial questions, I assumed it was just you and your wife in an apartment and you didn't inform your council when you arrived so your council tax was based on one person which is illegal like I said before. Since there were 2 adults before you arrived (your wife and her sister), I assume your council is aware of that, if that is the case then the full council tax is being paid and you owe no arrears as full council tax is calculated by 2 adults and you have no issues especially as you said you are on the electoral roll. You therefore do not need to contact your council, you just need the bill.

In answer to your question, my husband's name is on our council tax bill and that's what I presented.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 12:37am On Feb 04, 2021
mehnn you just made my heart a bit calmer with your explanation.

Yes, council knew that initially there were 2 adults and a baby, and now 3 adults and a baby as we have sent an email already tonight.

We will follow up with a phone call tomorrow and hopefully someone picks up. I will provide feedback once i get from the council.

I thought council tax will increase with every adult added.

Also, regarding bank letters, i can just download and print out bank letters from my mobile banking apps.

thanks...

newbie715:

The answers you get depend on the information you present. Going by your updates, I don't think you have a problem re council tax.

From your initial questions, I assumed it was just you and your wife in an apartment and you didn't inform your council when you arrived so your council tax was based on one person which is illegal like I said before. Since there were 2 adults before you arrived (your wife and her sister), I assume your council is aware of that, if that is the case then the full council tax is being paid and you owe no arrears as full council tax is calculated by 2 adults and you have no issues especially as you said you are on the electoral roll. You therefore do not need to contact your council, you just need the bill.

In answer to your question, my husband's name is on our council tax bill and that's what I presented.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 1:00am On Feb 04, 2021
profemebee:
mehnn you just made my heart a bit calmer with your explanation.

Yes, council knew that initially there were 2 adults and a baby, and now 3 adults and a baby as we have sent an email already tonight.

We will follow up with a phone call tomorrow and hopefully someone picks up. I will provide feedback once i get from the council.

I thought council tax will increase with every adult added.

Also, regarding bank letters, i can just download and print out bank letters from my mobile banking apps.

thanks...

Full council tax is based on at least 2 adults, a 3rd adult doesn't increase the bill. Check out the link https://www.gov.uk/council-tax/who-has-to-pay

I also underlined the relevant section in the screenshot but revert with the update from your council tomorrow.

Print out of letters will work, you are still going to scan them and upload anyway.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 1:54am On Feb 04, 2021
oh nice... thanks for this..

i will revert as soon as possible

newbie715:

Full council tax is based on at least 2 adults, a 3rd adult doesn't increase the bill. Check out the link https://www.gov.uk/council-tax/who-has-to-pay

I also underlined the relevant section in the screenshot but revert with the update from your council tomorrow.

Print out of letters will work, you are still going to scan them and upload anyway.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 10:35am On Feb 04, 2021
profemebee:
i dont mind paying any arrears for the council tax.. i honestly didnt know it was a problem

I'm grateful i even asked here, imagine i tried to renew spousal visa next year without knowing all these?

Regarding the 2 council tax for each year you're referring to, i hope i can achieve getting my name in quickly before the bill comes cos i think it comes just 1ce a year, sometime April. That means the one for April 2021 is almost due. After that, i can then show the one for the new apartment when i move this year.

Thanks.

I’m glad it’s helped you. You don’t need to pay an arrears, just add your name and it would likely increase. Most counties council tax is online, check if yours is, open an account using the information of your council tax for your current home (that’s in your wife’s name), then add your name on it. If the price increases, pay. Turn on email/monthly council tax (I get mine every month) and you’ll get it for this year.

As for last year, I’m not sure they can backdate. As far as your wife paid the ctax in the previous years, I think it can pass.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 12:40pm On Feb 04, 2021
Called Council .. Council said they will update my name once they've gone thru the details requested via email (name, date i moved in, and tenancy agreement with my name in it).

Sent email with details and i hope they can reply cos i heard it can take weeks for a response to emails.

Then they will send a revised bill with my name added to the bill from the month i was added to tenancy agreement (mid-last year) from next financial year which is April 2021. I can then download it online (the bill wont be backdated to when i came in Oct 2019 though) with a new customer acct ref nos as it changes when someone is added.

For now, the bill will remain on the current account until the update is done.

He didn't mention anything about arrears..

so i guess it is to wait for a response confirming the details sent via email are good...

thankssssssss...

newbie715:

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 1:45pm On Feb 04, 2021
profemebee:
Called Council .. Council said they will update my name once they've gone thru the details requested via email (name, date i moved in, and tenancy agreement with my name in it).

Sent email with details and i hope they can reply cos i heard it can take weeks for a response to emails.

Then they will send a revised bill with my name added to the house. I don't know if that's the April bill he is referring to tho..

He didn't mention anything about arrears..

so i guess it is to wait for a response confirming the details sent via email are good...

thankssssssss...

Cool, all the best.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by readynow: 1:25am On Feb 10, 2021
Hello everyone good to be back here am seeing some old brigades here nice keep up the good work. It's FLR now and congratulations to everyone that have applied and gotten the good news and to every other person that is still waiting don't worry you will receive a good news soon.

1. please can anyone enlighten me on how early i start FLR application. I arrive in the UK November 13, 2018 on a 33 month visa as the case with everyone that applied outside the UK but i read that the earliest you can apply will be 3 month before you 33 month expire i.e. 30month which count from the day you entered UK i.e. my 30 month start counting from November 13 2018 the day i entered the UK up till May 13(30 month) minus 28 day making the day of actual application 15 April 2021. pls how true is this information or do i wait till my 33 month minus 28 which is around June
2. is my Naric still valid as i presented it during the first leave to enter can i still present it or do i need another Naric validation

will appreciate anyone prompt response
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by deept(m): 4:52am On Feb 10, 2021
readynow:
Hello everyone good to be back here am seeing some old brigades here nice keep up the good work. It's FLR now and congratulations to everyone that have applied and gotten the good news and to every other person that is still waiting don't worry you will receive a good news soon.

1. please can anyone enlighten me on how early i start FLR application. I arrive in the UK November 13, 2018 on a 33 month visa as the case with everyone that applied outside the UK but i read that the earliest you can apply will be 3 month before you 33 month expire i.e. 30month which count from the day you entered UK i.e. my 30 month start counting from November 13 2018 the day i entered the UK up till May 13(30 month) minus 28 day making the day of actual application 15 April 2021. pls how true is this information or do i wait till my 33 month minus 28 which is around June
2. is my Naric still valid as i presented it during the first leave to enter can i still present it or do i need another Naric validation

28 days before your visa expires.

Yes naric still valid

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 9:56pm On Feb 10, 2021
was that Nov13th 2018 also the date on your letter tho? or just the day you came to the UK?

Thanks for the naric question.. i was going to ask same as i initially thought i needed to re-order a new set as the naric statements i ordered for the initial application might have expired.

readynow:

1. please can anyone enlighten me on how early i start FLR application.[b] I arrive in the UK November 13, 2018 on a 33 month visa [/b]as the case with everyone that applied outside the UK but i read that the earliest you can apply will be 3 month before you 33 month expire i.e. 30month which count from the day you entered UK i.e. my 30 month start counting from November 13 2018 the day i entered the UK up till May 13(30 month) minus 28 day making the day of actual application 15 April 2021. pls how true is this information or do i wait till my 33 month minus 28 which is around June

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 2:38pm On Feb 11, 2021
profemebee:
was that Nov13th 2018 also the date on your letter tho? or just the day you came to the UK?

Thanks for the naric question.. i was going to ask same as i initially thought i needed to re-order a new set as the naric statements i ordered for the initial application might have expired.

Your BRP has the expiry date. Just ensure you apply before it expires.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by readynow: 8:20am On Feb 12, 2021
deept:

28 days before your visa expires.

Yes naric still valid
Thank you so much it is clear now i appreciate
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by readynow: 8:21am On Feb 12, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Your BRP has the expiry date. Just ensure you apply before it expires.

Thank you very much i will
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Nessa29: 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2021
Hello everyone.
For those that have applied this 2021 so far, how much is the visa fee and IHS fee? Would appreciate
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 7:22pm On Feb 19, 2021
Nessa29:
Hello everyone.
For those that have applied this 2021 so far, how much is the visa fee and IHS fee? Would appreciate

Ko necesstri. It changes like water. They can increase it tomorrow or reduce it on Monday. So, ko necesstri.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by tosine: 5:24am On Feb 20, 2021
Hi guys,

Is there a page for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

Also, is life in the UK test required for indefinite leave to remain in the UK. I am asking because I will soon be applying for this. Thanks
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Bourne007(m): 9:56am On Feb 20, 2021
It's a 'must' requirement

tosine:
Hi guys,

Is there a page for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

Also, is life in the UK test required for indefinite leave to remain in the UK. I am asking because I will soon be applying for this. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by tosine: 12:47am On Feb 21, 2021
Thanks.

Another question: Do we need to pay NHS Surcharge for indefinite leave to remain in the UK application.

Bourne007:
It's a 'must' requirement

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Bourne007(m): 8:46am On Feb 21, 2021
Not required for ILR.

Imagine paying 10 years NHS Surcharge shocked grin

tosine:
Thanks.

Another question: Do we need to pay NHS Surcharge for indefinite leave to remain in the UK application.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (30) (Reply)

Aircraft Parked Along Oshodi-Anthony Expressway In Lagos. See Photos / Nigerians Living In Cyprus / Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.