Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here (6413 Views)

Protest In Abuja For The Expulsion Of Saeed-Koozechi Iranian Ambassador / Video - Nnamdi Kanu Is A Rapist And Women Abuser - Ngozi Madu Reveals / Buhari To Rule Nigeria Is Like Asking A Rapist To Watch Over A Virgin – FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Sagamite(m): 7:23pm On Sep 18, 2009
nolongTing:

@Sagamite has a point, Nigerians need to learn a bit of SELF LOVE and SELF RESPECT otherwise we'll never progress! Now What he's saying is that the Ambassador has committed no crime and its hypocritical of the U.S authorities to prevent him from doing his job. So what do Nigerians say? 'Corrupt so and so', Karma, they agree etc which is so negative and wrong.

When George Dubya was president His Niece Noelle Bush was arrested for perscription fraud, and his twin daughters were arrested for under age drinking and using their grandmother's ID to attempt to buy alcohol, was he sacked? Dubya himself was arrested and found guilty of drink driving and found guilty! before he became president, was he prevented from doing his job? Hilary Clintons present husband took advantage of a teenager and received BJs whilst ordering the bombing of Sudan, was he sacked? was Hillary prevented from serving? Even Obama confessed to being hooked on drugs in his teenage years - no wonder he walks funny smiley wink cheesy grin grin cheesy wink smiley

Shut up!!! grin

They are Americans, they are superior to Nigerians. How dare you complain about their acts or even compare them to our degenerate selves.  grin grin wink
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Kobojunkie: 7:24pm On Sep 18, 2009
Sagamite:

Constant, senseless and unwarranted use of this is really becoming The AMAKAristic . . . . . . . . . . i.e. psycho.

Chill with the use.

Dude. . . . I have been using that for a long long long long long long long long long long ( you get the gist) time now, you think it bothers me when folks choose to narrow in on my use of that in hopes of getting under my skin?? nah!!!  roflmao!!!
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by nolongTing: 7:26pm On Sep 18, 2009
Sagamite:

Shut up!!! grin

They are Americans, they are superior to Nigerians. How dare you complain about their acts or even compare them to our degenerate selves.  grin grin wink

oh no! you've been converted!!! smiley wink cheesy grin grin cheesy wink smiley wink grin
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Sagamite(m): 7:28pm On Sep 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

. . . . . . .  in what you say or not say.  I really do not care!!

Kobojunkie:

. . . . . , , you think it bothers me when folks choose to narrow in on my use of that in hopes of getting under my skin?? nah!!!  roflmao!!!

Very The AMAKAristic.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Kobojunkie: 7:29pm On Sep 18, 2009
Alrighty then!!! roflmao!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2009
kept modifying this so felt to make it a separate post.

By the way, do you think Saudi Arabia, Iran, Or even Britain would accept an American Ambassador whose son was arrested for raping one of their gals? I don't think so. There would be a rally on the streets of the capital condemning america for such disrespect. In fact, all over the muslim world, there would be cries for the man's head in addition with that of his son's. So, PLEASE stop trying to make this ABOUT people thinking Americans are superior or that nonsense. It does not WORK HERE!!!
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by spikedcylinder: 7:35pm On Sep 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Scoring point as in stating the obvious is not scoring point in this case.

Huh? I think your "rotflmao" would have worked here. No sense.

Kobojunkie:

The SON raped someone. You mentioned Palin’s DAUGHTER’s “bastard son” as your come back. Hence the reason why I asked how RAPE is on the same level as having a bastard child here. Get it?

Has the case been tried? Or you're one of those that'll strap a man (specifically a black man) to a leather chair the moment you think he looks guilty?
Palin's grand child is a bastard, either you like to admit it or not.

Kobojunkie:

Well, uumm . . . . You may think that since the US turns a blind eye to the horrible ills in its very own society is enough reason why the US should lose all rights to decide whom to select and whom to deny. You are allowed to have your opinion and in this case, the US possibly does not agree with you. Don’t worry about my seeing sense in what you say or not say.  I really do not care!!

Oh wee. Its the Almighty US, isn't it? High on the morality ropes, decent gun control system, perfect society. . . that kindda thing. And no one dares disagree with them (ask Iraq) especially with its most special citizen - Kobojunkie. cheesy
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Sagamite(m): 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2009
nolongTing:

oh no! you've been converted!!! smiley wink cheesy grin grin cheesy wink smiley wink grin

grin grin grin

It is that mentality that made me post on the thread.

The only in Nigeria, our system must be useless, we are all criminals  . . . . . . . . .eventually arriving at the bus stop of the all singing, all dancing bandwagon of fools' choir piping their classic hymn of "Nigeria is a failed state".

The son of the man we elected as Ambassador is ALLEGED to have committed a serious crime. BAD bleeping LUCK, no need to rant like if we are degenerates.

We should be castigating the son for bringing such shame on his father and family knowing what his father does for a living.

Only a ill-educated and visionless slowpoke would support the logic of visiting the father's sinful acts on a child and more likely would require a cretin to do vice versa.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by debosky(m): 7:42pm On Sep 18, 2009
There is little or no justification for the US action, if indeed that is the reason for the alleged rejection.

Adeniran's child is a legal adult and is solely responsible for his actions, with no reference to the father in the eyes of the law.

An ambassador's duty is to represent his country, and I don't see how Adeniran is incapable of doing that.

Now I'm not going to fall into the trap of trying to 'categorize' crimes (alleged or otherwise) nevertheless, others have held their positions even in the light of crimes committed by a family member.

Obama's aunt was living illegally in the US and that did not in any way affect the right or ability of Obama to govern. I see no justification for the US action in that regard.

A crime committed by an adult, completely unrelated to his father's role as an ambassador cannot be used as grounds to reject him. If anything, what should have happened is a decision by Nigeria to replace him with someone else in the light of the possible negative connotations that may arise with the attendant effect on Nigeria's image, not the US punishing the father for the (alleged) sins of the son.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by spikedcylinder: 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2009
Sagamite:

The son of the man we elected as Ambassador is ALLEGED to have commited a serious crime. BAD bleeping LUCK, no need to rant like if we are degenerates.

Thank you!!!!
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Huh? I think your "rotflmao" would have worked here. No sense.

Has the case been tried? Or you're one of those that'll strap a man (specifically a black man) to a leather chair the moment you think he looks guilty?
Palin's grand child is a bastard, either you like to admit it or not.

Oh wee. Its the Almighty US, isn't it? High on the morality ropes, decent gun control system, perfect society. . . that kindda thing. And no one dares disagree with them (ask Iraq) especially with its most special citizen - Kobojunkie. cheesy

Please refrain from responding to any of my posts until  you actually spend time reading up on the OP, and the posts that followed up until where you came in. There is really no use continuing this if the response and reasoning above is what I am to expect.

Mind you, I am not against you holding a view different from mine in this. I could not care less as I am yet to actually state if the MAN himself, Adeniran, is guilty or Not of any crime.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 18, 2009
debosky:

There is little or no justification for the US action, if indeed that is the reason for the alleged rejection.

Adeniran's child is a legal adult and is solely responsible for his actions, with no reference to the father in the eyes of the law.

An ambassador's duty is to represent his country, and I don't see how Adeniran is incapable of doing that.

Now I'm not going to fall into the trap of trying to 'categorize' crimes (alleged or otherwise) nevertheless, others have held their positions even in the light of crimes committed by a family member.

Obama's aunt was living illegally in the US and that did not in any way affect the right or ability of Obama to govern. I see no justification for the US action in that regard.

A crime committed by an adult, completely unrelated to his father's role as an ambassador cannot be used as grounds to reject him. If anything, what should have happened is a decision by Nigeria to replace him with someone else in the light of the possible negative connotations that may arise with the attendant effect on Nigeria's image, not the US punishing the father for the (alleged) sins of the son.

Err i dont see the connection, Obama had very minimal contact with his aunt and probably did not have any knowledge of her immigration status in the country. If Obama's son was jailed as a rapist 2 weeks prior to the democratic convention you can bet he would not have been approved by democrats to stand election in Nov.

Sorry, the US is perfectly justified to refuse to accept Adeniran's posting.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by spikedcylinder: 7:48pm On Sep 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Please refrain from responding to any of my posts until  you actually spend time reading up on the OP, and the posts that followed up until where you came in. There is really no use continuing this if the response and reasoning above is what I am to expect.

Err, as I said before, you really need to practice what your preach.
This wouldn't have happened if you had ignored my post or anything to do with it in the first place.
Rotflmao!!! wink
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Sagamite(m): 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2009
davidylan:

Err i dont see the connection, Obama had very minimal contact with his aunt and probably did not have any knowledge of her immigration status in the country. If Obama's son was jailed as a rapist 2 weeks prior to the democratic convention you can bet he would not have been approved by democrats to stand election in Nov.

Bollocks.

He was aware she was in the country for a very long time (he admitted to this much), and must have known she is not a US citizen. If I am correct, he was even the one to provide the invite letter.

Moreso are you saying Adeniran knew his son was somewhere raping women (if he did)?
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2009
I accept, it was my fault. I should have continued to ignore you. You have a nice one!
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by debosky(m): 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2009
davidylan:

What contact does Adeniran have with his son? Can you tell us? Did Adeniran have knowledge of his son's alleged rape 5 months ago when he was approved as US ambassador?  

If Obama's son was jailed, he would have lost an election which is, in essence, a popularity contest. An ambassadorial position is NOT a popularity contest and should not be treated in the same manner.

I don't see anything valid in the US decision - it is overreaching and inappropriate.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by nolongTing: 7:53pm On Sep 18, 2009
Sagamite:

grin grin grin

It is that mentality that made me post on the thread.

The only in Nigeria, our system must be useless, we are all criminals  . . . . . . . . .eventually arriving at the bus stop of the all singing, all dancing bandwagon of fools' choir of "Nigeria is a failed state".

The son of the man we elected as Ambassador is ALLEGED to have commited a serious crime. BAD bleeping LUCK, no need to rant like if we are degenerates.

We should be castigating the son for bring such shame on his father and family knowing what his father does for a living.

Only a ill-educated and visionless slowpoke would support the logic of visiting the father's sinful acts on a child and more likely require a cretin to do vice versa.

Oh! I guess you're post before this one was a case of temporary insanity!  grin cheesy wink smiley wink cheesy grin cheesy wink

Kobojunkie:

By the way, do you think Saudi Arabia, Iran, Or even Britain would accept an American Ambassador whose son was arrested for raping one of their gals? I don't think so. There would be a rally on the streets of the capital condemning america for such disrespect. In fact, all over the muslim world, there would be cries for the man's head in addition with that of his son's. So, PLEASE stop trying to make this ABOUT people thinking Americans are superior or that nonsense. It does not WORK HERE!!!

[size=13pt]Even Obamas brother is wanted here in England for RAPE!!!!!! Before he became president and he was allowed into the U.S and attended Obamas inauguration.[/size]
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Kobojunkie: 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2009
I am sorry @Nolongtime.

Where did you get the line in bold from?

Even Obamas brother is wanted here in England for RAPE!!!!!! Before he became president and he was allowed into the U.S and attended Obamas inauguration.

Obama's brother? Who? No need to resort of stupidity just so you can claim victory of some sort here.

FOLLOWUP POSt

Jeezzzz!!!! I thought you were trying to pass that one off as a quote from my person.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2009
Sagamite:

Bollocks.

He was aware she was in the country for a very long time (he admitted to this much), and must have known she is not a US citizen.

Moreso are you saying Adeniran knew his son was somewhere raping women (if he did)?

You're making assumptions, for instance i dont know the immigration status of several of my friends and distant family members in this country even though we do communicate. Being "aware" of her presence in the country does not prove anything, how is her presence here his business?

Be honest - if Obama's son were standing trial for rape would he have won the US elections?

debosky:

What contact does Adeniran have with his son? Can you tell us? Did Adeniran have knowledge of his son's alleged rape 5 months ago when he was approved as US ambassador?  

If Obama's son was jailed, he would have lost an election which is, in essence, a popularity contest. An ambassadorial position is NOT a popularity contest and should not be treated in the same manner.

I don't see anything valid in the US decision - it is overreaching and inappropriate.

I do not think so, many forget that countries reserve the right to revoke or refuse ambassadorial postings and some have done so for frivolous reasons. Adeniran's son is allowed to stay in this country through his father's diplomatic status (since he is below 21).
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by nolongTing: 7:58pm On Sep 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry @Nolongtime.

Where did you get the line in bold from?

Even Obamas brother is wanted here in England for RAPE!!!!!! Before he became president and he was allowed into the U.S and attended Obamas inauguration.

Obama's brother? Who? No need to resort of stupidity just so you can claim victory of some sort here.

Poor Kobo you do not want to believe it do you? well here it is

BARACK OBAMA’s half-brother has been refused entry to Britain after reportedly being accused of an attempted sex attack on a 13-year-old girl on his last visit.

Samson Obama, who runs a mobile phone shop in Nairobi in Kenya, was on his way to the president’s inauguration in January when he tried to stop over in Britain to visit relatives. But he was turned away by immigration officers who declined to issue a visa on the grounds of deception.

Biometric tests carried out at East Midlands airport showed that he was linked to the attack on a girl in Berkshire last November but never charged, according to a report last night. Further checks identified Samson as the half-brother of President Obama, leading to a hurried call to the White House.

A Home Office source told the News of the World: “This was obviously an extremely sensitive issue when it was flashed up by the database.” Officers had noticed that one of the documents that Samson had supplied with his visa application was false which led them to make further inquiries, according to a Home Office spokesman.

Details on the database suggested that he was the same man who had been arrested by police in Berkshire after approaching a group of young girls, including a 13 year-old, and allegedly trying to sexually assault one of them, the News of the World reported.

He then followed the girls into a cafe where he became aggressive and was asked to leave by the owner. Police were called and Samson was arrested. He reportedly gave officers false identification details and supplied his mother’s address in Bracknell.

Last night a Home Office source said: “The individual applied for a visa which we refused. We considered that to issue a visa in this situation would not be conducive to the public good. He was refused a visa on deception grounds.”

SOURCE: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6079235.ece

[size=13pt]Now who looks STUPID Junkie? [/size]
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Kobojunkie: 7:58pm On Sep 18, 2009
nolongTing:

Oh! I guess you're post before this one was a case of temporary insanity!  grin cheesy wink smiley wink cheesy grin cheesy wink

[size=13pt]Even Obamas brother is wanted here in England for RAPE!!!!!! Before he became president and he was allowed into the U.S and attended Obamas inauguration.[/size]

Where to start with this one without having the OBAMANIACS in the house descending on me next. Roflmao!!!

@NolongTime, Is it possible that you have the WRONG idea of me here? Roflmao!!! Why in the world would I not want to believe what the world, and many tried to use against Obama back last year or so?

I just never posted that line, and have a problem with someone posting that I did.

P.S. I saw your post including that as part of my own, right before you CHANGED IT.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by debosky(m): 7:59pm On Sep 18, 2009
davidylan:

You're making assumptions, for instance i dont know the immigration status of several of my friends and distant family members in this country even though we do communicate. Being "aware" of her presence in the country does not prove anything, how is her presence here his business?

Be honest - if Obama's son were standing trial for rape would he have won the US elections?

I do not think so, many forget that countries reserve the right to revoke or refuse ambassadorial postings and some have done so for frivolous reasons. Adeniran's son is allowed to stay in this country through his father's diplomatic status (since he is below 21).

Can you show evidence of this? As far as I know, his son was in the US BEFORE any ambassadorial appointment to the US so what does his father's diplomatic status have to do with anything?

US has a right in principle do refuse a posting, no doubt about that - but if a criminal case is used as the justification, there must be a clear explanation of why that is the case. I don't think they can do that in this case, unless they are stating that the father is culpable for his son's crime.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by hollandis(f): 8:01pm On Sep 18, 2009
Seun ,please put this in front page. grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Sagamite(m): 8:03pm On Sep 18, 2009
davidylan:

Am not correct in stating Obama was the one that provided her with the invite letter?

Secondly, she contributed to Obama's campaign which is against the law as she is not a citizen.

Adeniran knows as much of his son's supposed crime as Obama knows about her illegality.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by nolongTing: 8:04pm On Sep 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Where to start with this one without having the OBAMANIACS in the house descending on me next. Roflmao!!!

@NolongTime, Is it possible that you have the WRONG idea of me here? Roflmao!!! Why in the world would I not want to believe what the world, and many tried to use against Obama back last year or so? I just never posted that line and have a problem with someone posting that I did.

I dont't have a clue who you are or what you smoke junk  grin cheesy wink grin cheesy wink smiley wink cheesy grin
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Kobojunkie: 8:07pm On Sep 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@Nolongtime, did you, or did you not make the above mistake earlier in your post ? I saw it and responded complaining that I did not INCLUDE the line on Obama's Brother in any of my posts, nor in the posting you quoted.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by spikedcylinder: 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2009
debosky:

US has a right in principle do refuse a posting, no doubt about that - but if a criminal case is used as the justification, there must be a clear explanation of why that is the case. I don't think they can do that in this case, unless they are stating that the father is culpable for his son's crime.

How does the case even have much of a standing seeing as it hasn't been tried?
If things are supposed to happened this way, many parents wouldn't be where they are today.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2009
debosky:

Can you show evidence of this? As far as I know, his son was in the US BEFORE any ambassadorial appointment to the US so what does his father's diplomatic status have to do with anything?

Well according to the law a child under 21 can claim residence in the US as long as one parent is a resident or a citizen. Adeniran would qualify as a "resident" by diplomatic status. I'm not sure if Adeniran's son was here before his father was a minister, possibly but i'm not aware of that.

The US is not stating his father is culpable for his son, they are simply saying they do not wish to deal with a man whose son is a criminal. They have no obligation to accept his posting and are only exercising their right to reject him. Whether they use his son as an excuse really is of no relevance.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 18, 2009
Sagamite:

Am not correct in stating Obama was the one that provided her with the invite letter?

Secondly, she contributed to Obama's campaign which is against the law as she is not a citizen.

Adeniran knows as much of his son's supposed crime as Obama knows about her illegality.

So if i provide you with an invite letter i am now responsible for whether you choose to break the law by staying in this country?

Millions donated to Obama's campaign, how would he know his illegal aunt was one of them?

Sorry but there is no connection with both cases.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Sagamite(m): 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2009
debosky:

Furthermore, I would guess most if not all his kids are already based in the US and this is supposedly the youngest.

So what risk is it that his kids would be raping and have immunity that they had to stop hence refuse him. The kids are already and would remain there even if he is refused.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by debosky(m): 8:12pm On Sep 18, 2009
davidylan:

Well according to the law a child under 21 can claim residence in the US as long as one parent is a resident or a citizen. Adeniran would qualify as a "resident" by diplomatic status. I'm not sure if Adeniran's son was here before his father was a minister, possibly but i'm not aware of that.

So in essence you are speculating. His son could simply be a permanent resident or even a citizen of the US if born there or have other status.

The US is not stating his father is culpable for his son, they are simply saying they do not wish to deal with a man whose son is a criminal. They have no obligation to accept his posting and are only exercising their right to reject him. Whether they use his son as an excuse really is of no relevance.

Why deal with a president whose aunt is a criminal and whose brother is an alleged criminal? Can't you see the double standards here?

Regarding your last statement, the premise of this thread is that his son's ALLEGED crime is the reason, hence it has every bit of relevance. Ambassadors are not casually rejected in the manner you suggest, except for serious reasons affecting the relations between the countries or the appointee's ability to do the job.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Sagamite(m): 8:14pm On Sep 18, 2009
davidylan:

Is he a criminal or an "alleged criminal"?

Land of the free? Purveyors of human rights?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye Is In Romantic Relationship With Nollywood Actress Iyabo Ojo / Bode George: Tinubu Will Vomit Everything He Has Stolen / The Nigerian High Commissioner / Consulate To Indonesia Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.