Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,110 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? (1421 Views)

I Feel Like Crying. My Life Is Falling Apart / How I Am Falling In Love With A Supposed Runs Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by CheedyJ(m): 10:58pm On Jul 28, 2016
This is really bothering me.
I just can't seem to fall in love, no matter how hard i try, i always av to end d relationship cos of my inability to genuinely reciprocate d sincere& honest feelings of some of my Ex's..

I av dated some very gud ladies & my last gf was everything I hoped & prayed for in a wife, ebony beauty, brainy, extrovert cos am an introvert......I cud go on & on about her rare qualities Bkus I didn't want to lose her, I had to force myself to fall in love by fire by force BT it just wouldn't happen 4me & eventually we had to part ways..l

My fear now is, will I ever fall in love, is falling in love only for some selected people & if peradventure, I miraculously fall in love , will I ever be able to meet a lady as 'complete' as my last gf?am really scared cos I would luv 2get married someday....
Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by DrDreWise: 11:15pm On Jul 28, 2016
Some of us can't seem to be able to love. We hold ourselves up and preclude our hearts from being free. We believe love isn't good enough for us, bro.

But don't fall in love. Whatever falls always breaks. Just love.

2 Likes

Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
Love is not a pit that we can fall into at will.

Stop trying too hard.
Take a break from all this fallacies and enjoy your life. That's the only way you'll get to fall into that creamy pit of love. Lol... I'm just ranting honestly.

1 Like

Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by kikayboss(m): 11:33pm On Jul 28, 2016
bro...i don't really believe in love...i just feel respect and understanding is key....

what people call love always fades away, so what's the use...just live your life and go with the flow....

am still waiting for the day I'll feel what people call "love"....maybe a foreign girl...cost naija girls are.....
Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by MyLuvmyjoy(f): 11:33pm On Jul 28, 2016
bros if i may ask what is your month and day of birth?
Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by MyLuvmyjoy(f): 11:35pm On Jul 28, 2016
i ask because i'm into the business of making sure that ladies find husbands
these days are so bad that we need to help hook up people genuinely interested in marriage.
Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by tobe4real(m): 11:42pm On Jul 28, 2016
I think love is for everyone born of a woman,so except you came from somewhere else then love is for you my bro,your heart probably must have been shattered by some girl in your past and you need an angelic girl to pick your heart up and join the pieces together.
And pls don't force it,the heart is not like our hands or legs that we can voluntarily move around,we can't control its movement and so we can't tell it who to fall in love with or not,you just haven't met that girl yet cos when you meet her your heart will fall like a pack of cards
Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by Missmossy(f): 11:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
It's a thing of the mind, maybe yours has been wired not to. It definitely won't be easy changing that.

2 Likes

Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by CheedyJ(m): 11:54pm On Jul 28, 2016
DrDreWise:
Some of us can't seem to be able to love. We hold ourselves up and preclude our hearts from being free. We believe love isn't good enough for us, bro.

But don't fall in love. Whatever falls always breaks. Just love.

Hmmmmmm, interesting BT I am really not like DAT...
Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by CheedyJ(m): 12:06am On Jul 29, 2016
Missmossy:
It's a thing of the mind, maybe yours has been wired not to. It definitely won't be easy changing that.

I grew up pratically 'loving' love, dreaming, fantasizing , & hoping 4d day I wud meet & be in love with DAT special lady BT i did fall inluv once & my poor heart was shattered in2 tiny pieces & ever since I av bin unable to feel DAT way again despite wanting to..so, I don't think my mind has bin structured not to luv....
Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by olatunjithomas(m): 12:09am On Jul 29, 2016
I have always believed you can only grow into love, not fall into it.

1 Like

Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by CheedyJ(m): 12:14am On Jul 29, 2016
tobe4real:
I think love is for everyone born of a woman,so except you came from somewhere else then love is for you my bro,your heart probably must have been shattered by some girl in your past and you need an angelic girl to pick your heart up and join the pieces together.
And pls don't force it,the heart is not like our hands or legs that we can voluntarily move around,we can't control its movement and so we can't tell it who to fall in love with or not,you just haven't met that girl yet cos when you meet her your heart will fall like a pack of cards

I think u re quite spot on..but, what if I Neva get to meet dat special lady DAT would trigger d love I av bin dying to share all dis while, am not a pessimist BT just what if?
Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by CheedyJ(m): 12:17am On Jul 29, 2016
MyLuvmyjoy:
bros if i may ask what is your month and day of birth?

Well, 27th, April...
What does it av to do with it Sir?
Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by CheedyJ(m): 12:24am On Jul 29, 2016
olatunjithomas:
I have always believed you can only grow into love, not fall into it.

I agree with u & bliv u me, I av tried doing that but nothing seem to help... Perhaps, maybe I am only created to endure love with my eventual partner & not to enjoy it.....
Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by tobe4real(m): 12:36am On Jul 29, 2016
CheedyJ:

I think u re quite spot on..but, what if I Neva get to meet dat special lady DAT would trigger d love I av bin dying to share all dis while, am not a pessimist BT just what if?
i'm not married myself,if I never meet that girl i will stay single for life,bro marraige is not by force.i could just hustle to have one or 2 pikin
Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by CheedyJ(m): 12:37am On Jul 29, 2016
VolTOxic:
Love is not a pit that we can fall into at will.

Stop trying too hard.
Take a break from all this fallacies and enjoy your life. That's the only way you'll get to fall into that creamy pit of love. Lol... I'm just ranting honestly.

Truthfully, it's nt like I am trying too hard but when u re in ur early 30's & u av never really being in a mutually reciprocated love relationship then one has got to worry a little...
Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by MyLuvmyjoy(f): 4:26am On Jul 30, 2016
CheedyJ:

Well, 27th, April...
What does it av to do with it Sir?

More like "Madam". shocked kiss

I was thinking you are an Aries star sign. Most Arians hardly show love, but they still have a most committed love relationships.
Now Taurus
Never knew them for romance, but they are pretty steady in marriage, particularly the men.

I'd say you should just not worry about it much. Just find a lady you want to spend the rest of your life with
and just commit to her.
Love will come later ... with kids, hopefully adorable ones. cheesy
Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by firstking01(m): 8:05am On Jul 30, 2016
Love is not limited to some set of pepple.
Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by CheedyJ(m): 10:00am On Jul 30, 2016
tobe4real:
i'm not married myself,if I never meet that girl i will stay single for life,bro marraige is not by force.i could just hustle to have one or 2 pikin

Your re sure right, marriage is a choice....i pray u meet dat special lady bro cos staying single is easier said than done & could really get tiring & boring...thanks 4ur thoughts...
Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by Paulakosu(m): 1:37pm On Jul 30, 2016

1 Like

Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by Originalsly: 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
CheedyJ:

I grew up pratically 'loving' love, dreaming, fantasizing , & hoping 4d day I wud meet & be in love with DAT special lady BT i did fall inluv once & my poor heart was shattered in2 tiny pieces & ever since I av bin unable to feel DAT way again despite wanting to..so, I don't think my mind has bin structured not to luv....
So you did fall in love. Everybody does...at some time. I think your problem is being unable to fall in love again.... your problem is trust...lack of trust. You cannot fall in love with someone if you don't trust them. As long as you have fear... fear of your gf not being faithful... fear of her dumping you at any moment... fear of whatever..... fear locks out trust and trust is key to a healthy relationship. Why fight for love when you haven't conquered fear?
Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by CheedyJ(m): 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
Originalsly:
So you did fall in love. Everybody does...at some time. I think your problem is being unable to fall in love again.... your problem is trust...lack of trust. You cannot fall in love with someone if you don't trust them. As long as you have fear... fear of your gf not being faithful... fear of her dumping you at any moment... fear of whatever..... fear locks out trust and trust is key to a healthy relationship. Why fight for love when you haven'
t conquered fear?
Despite being heart broken , I av sinced moved on & weneva am in a relationship, I always give my girl d benefit of a doubt..the thing is, I am not scared of heart break or been dumped cos I won't die of or from it, I just wanna experience being inluv with a an opposite sex again....
Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by Originalsly: 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
CheedyJ:

Despite being heart broken , I av sinced moved on & weneva am in a relationship, I always give my girl d benefit of a doubt..the thing is, I am not scared of heart break or been dumped cos I won't die of or from it, I just wanna experience being inluv with a an opposite sex again....
I always give my girl d benefit of a doubt .... that's a trust issue right there. If you trust her doubts would not arise period. ..... giving or not giving her the benefit doesn't matter. Love would come when doubts disappear.... it doesn't thrive alongside doubts.
Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by BrokenHeart2016: 6:07pm On Jul 30, 2016
MyLuvmyjoy:
i ask because i'm into the business of making sure that ladies find husbands
these days are so bad that we need to help hook up people genuinely interested in marriage.

Hmm, e be like say aristo plenty for your hand abi

1 Like

Re: Is Falling In Love Really For Everyone? by CheedyJ(m): 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
Originalsly:
I always give my girl d benefit of a doubt .... that's a trust issue right there. If you trust her doubts would not arise period. ..... giving or not giving her the benefit doesn't matter. Love would come when doubts disappear.... it doesn't thrive alongside doubts.
Even Jesus Christ wasn't trusted by some of his faithfuls, BT sha, I will try...
Thanks...

(1) (Reply)

Is Kola Boof A Transgender??? / Endowed Secondary Girl Attempts Suicide After Her Boyfriend Dumped Her / How Much Money Have You Misplaced That Made You Cry...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.