Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

The Real Problem With Nollywood - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Real Problem With Nollywood (6268 Views)

Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 / Help With Nollywood Movies Sound Track / The Problem With Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Problem With Nollywood by nezerst(f): 6:37pm On Jan 23, 2007
One of the problems nollywood has is that the industry is saturated with illiterates who are just out to do biz and not to entertain. They bring the money for production so they call the shots. N people with ideas have no money to make movies.
Re: The Real Problem With Nollywood by Lg3(m): 2:11am On Jan 25, 2007
SUN NEWS ONLINE
The general problem facing us is that we lack proper structures, then problems like piracy. There is a shop in America that makes 250,000 dollars by selling Nollywood movies illegally. So, government should fund Copyright Commission for it to eradicate piracy. Even this issue of Lagos State government setting up its own Censors Board is ridiculous and retrogressive. That is totally wrong and we have condemned it already. Countries like America, Britain and India have one Censors’ Board.
Re: The Real Problem With Nollywood by Seun(m): 3:50pm On Feb 17, 2007
As far as I am concerned, the censors board should not exist. It's the job of the police to fight piracy; the censors board's job is censorship, which is something that shouldn't be done by the government in a free country.
Re: The Real Problem With Nollywood by bufonly: 6:13pm On Feb 17, 2007
i think the real problem with nollywood is that there are NO PROFESSIONALS.
Re: The Real Problem With Nollywood by Seun(m): 8:19pm On Feb 17, 2007
What is a professional?
Re: The Real Problem With Nollywood by texazzpete(m): 1:54pm On Feb 18, 2007
The guy many posts above that was dissing Bollywood obviously hasn't watched an indian film in years. No one does the 'guy chases chick around tree while singing' thing again.

The problem with nollywood is nigerians who choke down the drivel instead of giving constructive criticism. any attempt to shame the actors and directors into doing something to make us proud is quelled by these guy who have become satisfied with mediocrity. hence we cast around for such lame excuses like "Hollywood started long before us". Must we re-invent the wheel? Why dont we start using telegrams and morse code in naija, after all, telecommunications started in the western world long before us!

i mean, dont u feel duped when u simultaneously have to rent parts 1-3 of a movie that just came out just to get the entire 'story'? Do u feel like you're getting value for your money?
Re: The Real Problem With Nollywood by Jen33(m): 2:22am On Feb 20, 2007
I'm tired of reading all this rubbish ''criticism'' by self-hating IDIOTS here.

Sit there and be hating, bastards.

Nollywood is watched all over the world now even as far away as Dominica, Barbados, Jamaica, and Black America, including of course French and English/Portuguese speaking Africa where sub-titled versions are effected.

The third largest movie industry in the world worth at least $800 million in annual revenue is not something for IDIOTIC SELF-HATING NIT-WITS and AIR-HEADS who've contributed NOTHING THEMSELVES to Nigeria or Africa to sniff their noses at.

I walk into a Jamaican hairdressers in London and all they watch is Nollywood movies.

I walk into a Bajan hairdressers in London and all they watch is Nollywood movies. On their shelves are stacked rows and rows of Nollywood movies,

For the first time non-Africans get to see what Africa is really about devoid of sensationalist misrepresentation by western media.

Production is improving, acting is improving, directing is improving, and if you don't see this it is because you do not watch Nollywood movies on any sort of regular basis.

So SHUT THE FUUK UP AND STOP RUBBISHING WHAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.
Re: The Real Problem With Nollywood by Saymamy(f): 6:30pm On Feb 20, 2007
Dere r loadz of thingz goin wrong in nollywood, but even with all dem problemz,dey try 2 mak gud moviez.I tink if dey try much more harda,dey wil get on top. cool
Re: The Real Problem With Nollywood by flozzy(f): 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2007
Nollywood in Nigeria is not an encouraging one at all and when someone makes good comment instead of working on it they look for excuses to cover it unless we learn from our mistakes NOLLY WOOD WILL NEVER GROW.Many countries in the world use entertainments as revenue for there country we too can do likewise.

Recently Nigeria celebrities are no longer Nollywood stars rather they are Musicians,Radio presenters,Comedians etc.cos they are good in doing their work and also aiming higher.
Re: The Real Problem With Nollywood by betantee(m): 10:05am On Feb 22, 2007
Abeg how we go hellep improve our movies?cos i dey wonder at times weda dem dey sit back to edit der movie wey dem dey produce like say 2moro no dey.My sister malluna don talk eveything finish for here.
Re: The Real Problem With Nollywood by chiogo(f): 8:14pm On Feb 22, 2007
Thanks guys for this topic. I think the only problem with nollywood and Nigeria, as a whole, is their lousy act of imitation. The only thing that pisses me off is when i sit down to watch a movie from my country, NIGERIA and it's the exact imitation of one foreign(America) movie or the other. Why do people copy other people? I believe it's because you think the person you're copying is beter, right?. I, (personally) know that Our ways are better than that of most countries, especially this America they're always copying. I should know because i live there, i've seen their way of life and to be frank, America has no culture. So, it annoys me to see Naija copying them. It shows that we ain't got style, you know. Like, last night, i was watching this T.V show,with Will Smith "Prince of Bel-air" and there was this background song and i listened and i was shocked that this same song was used as a"joke" in "NITE OF A THOUSAND LAUGHS". It goes "Don't worry, be happy".Anyways, it's not just NIGERIA but most countries in Africa like GHANA but they are not really my worry. I love my country and i'm proud of it but at times like these, i have my doubts. Don't just hate on what i said, think about what i said.
Re: The Real Problem With Nollywood by betantee(m): 9:39am On Feb 23, 2007
That is western influence on our culture.U don forget say anything oyibo dey better pass.So our movies get to copy copy
Re: The Real Problem With Nollywood by Seun(m): 11:19am On Feb 23, 2007
Every other country in the world copies Hollywood. Nollywood is better than most other movie industries.
Re: The Real Problem With Nollywood by invictus: 5:19pm On Feb 28, 2007
now nollywood has some talent not alot but som the real problem is that the industry doesnt go all out to showcase this talent the productions are whack storylines cud be quite appauling not to mention having any sense whatsoever

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fate (ipin) - 2019 Yoruba Movie Starring Bukunmi Oluwashina / M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker / Download Movie: Fast & Furious(hobbs & Shaw) 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.