Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,406 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? (14115 Views)

Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy / Buhari Didn’t Inherit A Healthy Economy From Jonathan. Let’s Get That Straight / Dangote Pledges To Assist FG To Turnaround Nigeria’s Economy (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Raydos: 8:08am On Jul 31, 2016
Nigeria Maybe We Should Kuku Change The Name And The Flag

But Even If We Change Everything, Can We Change How Our Leaders Think

Can We Ever Change Their Mentality

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by omogin(f): 8:13am On Jul 31, 2016
Rahym001:
There are pple purposely sabotaging the economy; they are tryimg hard so that PMB would fail. Most of countries depending on oil are finding it hard now due to the fall in oil price. Diversification remains the solution. We have other minerals which if well harnessed can be more lucrative to oil.
Wake up from your nightmare. When the govt succeeds, it is buhari, when it fails, it is pple trying to sabotage. Nigeria must accept its fate. A primary school certificate holder currently leads the nation. We shouldn't expect more

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 31, 2016
The richest men in Africa are farmers
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by ayindeamos: 8:23am On Jul 31, 2016
Stolen Money is not our problem,Our Problem is refusing to face our future.

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by ITbomb(m): 8:27am On Jul 31, 2016
nefertitiram:
If all of us can stop asking what the govt can do for us and do for ourselves.

D govt has failed us, yes, so won't we survive?

The economy is a theory. All of us should find ways to become self sufficient and attract income in foreign currency. Then our collective wealth will become the sovereign wealth.

The united states economy was built up by mom and pop businesses that have become empires. They don't have as much resources as we have so they looked inwards.

So it's time to shut up, stop complaining and act
Do you know that the person who made that bolden statement had already provided fairly stable electric power and working transport system for the citizens?

I am into SME setup and financing, 80% of startups fail because of electric power expenditures. The US may not have had as much resources but they had a good supporting environment for the citizens to act.

Nigerians are not lazy, we are the most enterprising people in the whole of Africa, if we can achieve what we have now with such disappointing power situation. Imagine what we would achieve if the government could just shut the Bleep up and get the system running efficiently

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Drbarmes(m): 8:29am On Jul 31, 2016
edlion57:
I'm not in support of kicking out the President but arresting him for stopping the progress good luck started..
This man is tooooo old for the system now...apc or pdp can't save us now... Let vote any good young candidate that is willing to come for debate during campaign..
Not by carrying brooms and umbrella ...like witches
Bros is Saraki n Dogara old men? 4get it the young men are more corrupt. The earlier we unite n hold our leaders accountable the better for us.

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by pabloid(m): 8:31am On Jul 31, 2016
Vello:

What is your standpoint that informs this submission?
What dont you understand there? You just have to yarn abi?
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 31, 2016
In the short term, step up oil production and export by whatever means possible. Use the funds to shore up the Naira and hence the manufacturing sector, and the balance to build up infrastructure and prepare the ground for opening up new economic frontiers.

In the long run, diversification through continuous infrastructure building and State self sufficiency... each State to develop its own unique potentials and fields. The Saudi vision 2030 is a laudable example. Nigeria can do it faster than Saudi Arabia because...
1. Nigeria already has the needed manpower, while Saudi Arabia needs a generation to develop it.
2. Nigeria has fertile land for Agriculture to develop food self-sufficiency, Saudi Arabia has to rely on desalinated water for high tech irrigation.
3. Nigerians are naturally versatile and motivated for hard work.

Sadly, all this is theory. Nigeria will not save itself from economic recession, due to the shallow reasoning by almost all its citizenry, combined with collective and individual selfishness, tribalism and empty posturing. So, Nigerians will continue to suffer for the childish ignorance of the majority of its inhabitants.

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 31, 2016
Impeach clueless PMB
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by sarutobie(m): 8:51am On Jul 31, 2016
omogin:

Those who muted the TSA here, knew it isn't for a depressing or depressed economy. That's why dey stayed action. The certificateless one however jumps into the fray, trying to play to the gallery, deprives the commercial circle the much needed funds to keep afloat. The USA spent their way out of the last recession, didn't they? Propaganda won't do what spending should do
indeed, the Obama administration had a formidable economic team..the companies were going under, money was dwindling, the economy was on a steep path to recession. what did he do? pumped billions of dollars into the economy, gave the dying companies monies with zero interest rates...and voila! But what did we get here in Nigeria? a man comes in and stiffles every money floating in the microeconomic environment...something previous administrations had the wisdom to implement at a gradual pace, he just dived straight in without caution...and he did all this without an economic team!

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by just2endowed: 9:00am On Jul 31, 2016
Let's stop buying our goods and consumables from shoprite. Instead, buy them from the low income earners on the street and local shop. Let's start from there.

I was at shoprite and I was assuming how many of our money is being taken away to SA. no wonder they keep opening shops there and there.

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Rahym001(m): 9:03am On Jul 31, 2016
omogin:

Wake up from your nightmare. When the govt succeeds, it is buhari, when it fails, it is pple trying to sabotage. Nigeria must accept its fate. A primary school certificate holder currently leads the nation. We shouldn't expect more

with all the thieving that happened under GEJ watch, why won't the economy crumble. Continue with ur hate ways it won't stop PMB frm succeeding

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Deen77: 9:08am On Jul 31, 2016
Bonapart:
You guys are now truly challenged by Osubande ordinary commissioner. During the time of Gej nobody came up with such because things where going smoothly that we even claim top spot in the economy. Enjoy your changes people. Next time Nigeria will never make such mistake.

Reasonable comments please. The problem of is from PDP, the problem is not change those with intelligent know that we depend on Oil export for years without diversify.

The worst from PDP is importing petroleum products all this year's without looking inward to produce fuel locally and stop wasting our forex and paying subsidies for 16 year's. Now the Oil boom is over no more excess money to waste.

See below from a germany bank analyst, we failed to save not even building a refinery to stop importation wasting the excess money from Crude Oil boom.

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Vello(m): 10:07am On Jul 31, 2016
omogin:

Those who muted the TSA here, knew it isn't for a depressing or depressed economy. That's why dey stayed action. The certificateless one however jumps into the fray, trying to play to the gallery, deprives the commercial circle the much needed funds to keep afloat. The USA spent their way out of the last recession, didn't they? Propaganda won't do what spending should do
You speak for the US like you're a citizen and compared Nigeria with the US like you're from Russia. But I'll loveta ask, who are the "Those" and your "dey"? I believe at this point, our submissions should be backed up with verifiable facts and not just spurious spontaneous combustion of sentiments, assumptions and emotions. Our submissions must necessarily also factor in Nigeria's peculiar peculiarities among which is our penchant for glorifying corruption. You need be reminded that Americans like you mentioned don't celebrate corruption. Even your own family and children disowns you moment you're found wanting as a public official. In America, money released into the economy is utilised for all to see but in this clime, we embezzle it all and still be lauded for it. That's sick!
FYI, I'm a public official and can authoritatively tell you that the best approach is to mop up monies from MDAs under a traceable system. Please learn from the present scandal rocking the House Of Representatives.
I only wish there's no Oath of Secrecy in place, I would've told you more especially the atrocities of past administration with reference to corruption. But an Oath is an Oath.

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Vello(m): 10:31am On Jul 31, 2016
pabloid:

What dont you understand there? You just have to yarn abi?
Simple question! Be intelligent enough to explain your point to me. At least, prove that you're not only schooled but educated. Justify the labour of your teachers and your parents sweat at least that you know what you're saying.
Your anger and frustration is not for matured, confident and informed minds.
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Whizkay(m): 11:08am On Jul 31, 2016
We're lacking ideas. We need young,smart and vibrant people in sensitive positions. All these old guys have nothing to offer.
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Vincent41(m): 11:30am On Jul 31, 2016
EscapadeNg:
Nigerians are known to be very intelligent in all spheres of life through-out the world but yet our country surfers in the midst of plenty. Despite
the abundant human and non-human resources available. We all have cried out to President Buhari to at least provide a policy document on how to improve the economy but to my knowledge have not heard of a specific road map outlined by our President in terms of Economic Policy. Although, I completely agree that Nigerians are good at policy formulation but we fail at implementation stage. Hence, President Buhari need not to worry about formulating a new economic policy, all we need to do is to go back to past economic policies formulated. Particularly, to the NEEDs Strategy formulated during the regime of Olusegun Obasanjo and I believe the policy will align to the promises made by the APC political party during the last general elections.

Nigerians, let speak out our minds on this issue.

u are looking for econo,ic Policy when Buhari said he has none
As they campaign vigorously for elections, you would think, they are coming to grow the economy, enthrone justice, breed unity and tolerance, love for one another. No,
they are coming to enthrone Hausa Fulani supremacy, to reposition the security agencies by sacking all competent hands and replace them with their kinsmen in order to drive
their ethnic domination of the south, the Fulani herdsmen will be armed and encouraged to slaughter us with impunity and their masters will protect them. They are coming to ensure that my people are enslaved forever. Those who do
not believe me will soon see it happen before their eyes ‪#‎ Nnamdi‬Kanu, 6th Feb. 2014
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
Put electrical shock collars on ALL omo onile so that when they travel outside a set zone they'll get 240,000 volts applied to their scrotum.
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Vincent41(m): 12:07pm On Jul 31, 2016
Bonapart:
You guys are now truly challenged by Osubande ordinary commissioner. During the time of Gej nobody came up with such because things where going smoothly that we even claim top spot in the economy. Enjoy your changes people. Next time Nigeria will never make such mistake.

u are looking for econo,ic Policy when Buhari said he has none
As they campaign vigorously for elections, you would think, they are coming to grow the economy, enthrone justice, breed unity and tolerance, love for one another. No,
they are coming to enthrone Hausa Fulani supremacy, to reposition the security agencies by sacking all competent hands and replace them with their kinsmen in order to drive
their ethnic domination of the south, the Fulani herdsmen will be armed and encouraged to slaughter us with impunity and their masters will protect them. They are coming to ensure that my people are enslaved forever. Those who do
not believe me will soon see it happen before their eyes ‪#‎ Nnamdi‬Kanu, 6th Feb. 2014

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by cocktopuss: 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2016
kennylawal:
All we do is talk, ours is that of black people with black brain. An unfortunate place to be born. Generations over and over hurting themselves. We see developed world, we hear stories, still we are poor. we thought it was old men, now young leaders are more corrupt. Simple rule we don't follow, we lack discipline in different aspect of life, our culture is backward, our destiny is gloomy, our leaders are devil.
APC promised heaven, now we are in shit, Buhari wasted time choosing ministers and making budget, now what. They floated Naira, then what. Rice is now 700 per Kongo . meanwhile those senators still seat and discuss irrelevant matter in the house. Bubu go still dey speak thrash.
There i s suffering in the land, Nairaland has not helped, the Mods keep posting trivial topics and seldomly talk about the state of the nation.

While we keep talking, know this: we are all responsible.

How many of Nigerians know there senator or rep, how many write and pressure him/her. how many actually knows what goes on in the house.

Let the government declare a state of emergency. The least we can do now is agric, we can't build plants or make roads, we have finished looting money spending it abroad. we black brain ill destiny humans.
Government should quickly make land available, link producers to consumers and help constrict processors and help in agric input.
we still dey import Jack.
Like I said, all na talk, na only talk Naija fit talk.
the citizen are so silent, abroad people protest over anything, here we love suffering, Naira keep crashing everybody dey speak grammar, meanwhile some others dey waste and loot money. Yeye ministry of agric no get any serious plan, na grazing land dey wan build.

People, make your opinion known, this government is thrashy and no need sympathising when suffering is in the land.
The youths supported the election of Buhari, it was everywhere, on the street talking, on twitter trends, on Nairaland, on Facebook etc.
Now those same people are no where. We don't fucking deserve this.

Keep you tale of regrets and bitterness to yourself if you cant profer any solutions . We need progressives, any dummy can complain.
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by deedan9(m): 12:39pm On Jul 31, 2016
EscapadeNg:
Nigerians are known to be very intelligent in all spheres of life through-out the world but yet our country surfers in the midst of plenty. Despite
the abundant human and non-human resources available. We all have cried out to President Buhari to at least provide a policy document on how to improve the economy but to my knowledge have not heard of a specific road map outlined by our President in terms of Economic Policy. Although, I completely agree that Nigerians are good at policy formulation but we fail at implementation stage. Hence, President Buhari need not to worry about formulating a new economic policy, all we need to do is to go back to past economic policies formulated. Particularly, to the NEEDs Strategy formulated during the regime of Olusegun Obasanjo and I believe the policy will align to the promises made by the APC political party during the last general elections.

Greetings to you,
Since I was born into this Large area of land called Nigeria, there is never a time the masses will stop complaining about the government. Even though the government did well or not, someone will complain. Let me keep that aside.

How I wish the youth should just forget about the government, forget about their existence, ignore their calls and move on with daily life.

How I wish the youth should turn a deaf ear to the government

How I wish the youth should stop depending on the government

How I wish the youth should just move on with their life.

The government will beg the youth.

As for me, I have turned a deaf ear to the government and I'm moving on with my life
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Okeikpu(m): 12:55pm On Jul 31, 2016
With that Daura cow at d top
noffin gonna work
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Okeikpu(m): 12:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
Bonapart:
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by porozhniy(m): 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
The VP has challenged me to take one post, i don take my own, waiting for him to take his...
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by porozhniy(m): 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
https://www.today.ng/news/national/77555/nigeria-loses-n1-3bn-to-milk-importation-annually-ogbeh
Import hybrid cows that are adapted to the prevailing climatic conditions in Nigeria, instead,they prefer to import grasses grin and advocate for grazing reserves for 'libyan herdsmen.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/spend-1-8bn-import-fuel-every-quarter-nnpc/
Modular refineries costs $250 Million and above depending on the production capacity. They removed subsidy, raised fuel prices but no plans to stop fuel importation undecided or perhaps they're waiting on dangote to bail them out. In reality, the major oil marketers must either invest in refining the products locally or have their licences revoked. it takes less than 6 months to setup a modular refinery.

http://mobilegeneration.gepower.com/ni/en/case_studies/
How about we adopt this strategy to boast power generation for industrial parks in the short term, power from the national grid can then be redistributed to where the need is greater, while we plan for the long run. Fg must allow states and individuals to generate and distribute power.

Forex saved can be channeled towards importing machinaries to boast local production of goods and services.
But we know it's never going to happen...
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Realist2: 2:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
EscapadeNg:

Very Simple !, Let Buhari resign everything will just return to normal and the economy will start booming.

Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 31, 2016
He is fighting kwarrupshon, that he is still failing. Lets endure till 2019, thats if hunger won't kill us all.
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by Jacko1(m): 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2016
[quote author=EscapadeNg post=48012548]Nigerians are known to be very intelligent in all spheres of life through-out the world but yet our country surfers in the midst of plenty. Despite

Nigerians, let speak out our minds on this issue.[/quote

Westerners ehnnn....... U dont need to fart before ypur tribalism reeks

You skip jonathan
Skip yaradua

Straight to Obasanjo
Wat did Obasanjo do for nigeria abeg
Better dont call gsm..... That was bound to happen.... Just lik saying jonathan brought cheap data plans
Wat did obasanjo do abeg

As long as tribalism lik dis continue subtly abi openly......
Make we see as the one ppl go happen
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by obiak4(m): 3:25pm On Jul 31, 2016
Seened:
The Nigerian economy is heavily dependent on crude oil sales. Price goes up the Nigerian state smiles to the bank. It crashes they panic. God knows the word 'diversification' has become a cliche in Nigerian economic discourse but it still remains the way to go.

An economy like Nigeria's mostly consumes mass goods that are imported. This needs to be gradually reversed. Nigeria needs to locally produce most of what she consumes.

EscapadeNg honestly I am more concerned about how the average middle class or poor Nigerian is adapting to this hard time. The elites albeit affected too can still meet their basic needs. What of the less fortunate?

Unfortunately fortunate our president is diversifying the economy from oil to oil from NIGER DELTA TO NORTH_CHAD BASIN
The guy is cluelessly a shame what happened to us looking inward agriculture wise
Why is the DULLARD not encouraging farmers nationwide
Bag of rice be like dollars now because as dollars i increase So rice increase and this are the things eating our scares forex why DULLAPO no Open a rice mill in the north and ebonyi
And after some months stop inportation of rice
Abeg Buhari matter tire me
On corruption Abeg the money people return should have been used to start massive construction nationwide
I weep for my country
Re: How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? by dafuturis(m): 3:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
Bonapart:

coconut head

Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses / Anybody With Info About Mandilas In Lagos Island / N720bn Currency Swap Deal Attracts Nigerian Banks To China

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91