Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke (25455 Views)

RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) / Vivian Okeke And Ibrahim Isah Fail To Recite National Anthem & Pledge (Video) / Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by TomHagen: 12:04pm On Aug 01, 2016
MadCow1:

So far I can't see what there is to understand.

Tell me what about a persons inability to recite the country's national anthem will affect their ability to establish Diplomatic ties with foreign countries?
E don do ooo.... My only regret na say I be Nigerian.
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by MadCow1: 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2016
TomHagen:
E don do ooo.... My only regret na say I be Nigerian.

Otapiapia or Sniper 50 Naira can solve that problem for you once and for all.. grin

You still are yet to tell me why a persons inability to recite the National anthem properly is grounds enough to disqualify the person from the job of Ambassador. Tell me that before you drink the Sniper. grin
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by TomHagen: 12:17pm On Aug 01, 2016
MadCow1:

Otapiapia or Sniper 50 Naira can solve that problem for you once and for all.. grin

You still are yet to tell me why a persons inability to recite the National anthem properly is grounds enough to disqualify the person from the job of Ambassador. Tell me that before you drink the Sniper. grin
Because say you get suicidal tendencies no mean say everybody get am. It clear you have a short fuse. Your above statement is proof that you won't understand. Don't worry though, you'll succeed in your next suicide attempt.

1 Like

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by TomHagen: 12:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
Uduak2019:

Yorubas as expected...SMH
Only people with small minds see tribe in everything.
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by lastburn(m): 12:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
If you can't say the national anthem, how then can you rep Nigerians? What makes you a true Nigerian? Make buhari find someone else abeg!
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by MadCow1: 12:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
TomHagen:
Because say you get suicidal tendencies no mean say everybody get am. It clear you have a short fuse. Your above statement is proof that you won't understand. Don't worry though, you'll succeed in your next suicide attempt.

grin Temper! Temper!!

Obviously the joke was lost on you, but that's fine.

You may ignore that and tell me how a person's inability to properly recite the National Anthem affects their job description as an Ambassador.
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by kahal29: 12:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
StOla:

Typical Igbo hypocrisy. When a Northerner could not recite the anthem earlier at this same screening, he was found unqualified by the Igbos who made a mockery of the North. When an Igbo could not, the anthem requirement became irrelevant to the same Igbos.

Only the Igbo is qualified by merit to hold every position available, any other tribe gets it by quota?

The 1st Republic comes to mind. Only Igbos everywhere using their position in the ruling government to help themselves to federal offices, even wailing about the Northern region not allowing them to dominate, when their own Eastern region gave nothing to anyone that wasn't from the region.

You have been condemned by the very standard you set. I'm sure many Igbos are embarrassed that this woman put their arrogant tribe to shame by failing to attain the standard for which they had already crucified the Northern nominee with much pleasure.

Egg on your face.

So you see what I saw... . Bunch of Hypocrites
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by ibnew: 1:25pm On Aug 01, 2016
I feel pain when I some bigotry statment wailing around here. I know its human, we must complain but the way some of us do it is appalling. Do we know the meaning and value of national anthem to a country and a people. The words are carefully chosen and written to pass a message. it is not any of 2 Face or Davido songs. It is required for any public office to know, understand and hold dear. What is he/she doing there if they do not know what our value system is built upon. No wonder they have no respect for the nation, it's people and fallen heros. check out the meaning online. For the fact that most of us does not know it does not make it right. In those days, that's the first thing you are thought when you can read and write after your first few years in primary school. In my opinion, i think we should be concerned more of what is right and wrong. That is what will build a nation. I understand our diversity but we can make correction on the path of right value system. Who says the rest of the advanced world is one tribe. but their value system is strong. we keep shouting hausa Ibo Yoruba, i ask, does the bad roads not led to accident and deaths of all of us, does the epilleptic power supply not affect us all, do we not go to the same market, does fuel scacity not affect us all. Let us think act and critizise wisely. Constructive critizisim will lead to greater tomorrow.
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by JustCurious: 1:33pm On Aug 01, 2016
This is highly impressive! Thumbs up, Robert Perry and the US Embassy. When people gat your back, they got to show it.. This is commendable effort.
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
embarassed
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by phobia2002: 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2016
Beremx:
Not everyone can recite National Anthem. Me sef don forget too. From her interview, she's over qualified for the job.
National anthem recitation is a tradition question for amb nominees. She should have practiced this b4 interview
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by Organs(m): 2:48pm On Aug 01, 2016
lonelydora:

95% Nigerians can't recite it

Where did you get your figure and data from??
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by TomHagen: 2:55pm On Aug 01, 2016
Uduak2019:

By your statement, You are justifying Hitler killing of jews? Hope you know Jews run and control the media in this world including Nairaland. They can shut it down within minutes if they want to. I'm just helping you...never you again in your lifetime make such antisemitic statement again, or they will track you down whereever you are via satellite and will deal with you.
Yaba left patient.
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by phobia2002: 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2016
ibnew:
I feel pain when I some bigotry statment wailing around here. I know its human, we must complain but the way some of us do it is appalling. Do we know the meaning and value of national anthem to a country and a people. The words are carefully chosen and written to pass a message. it is not any of 2 Face or Davido songs. It is required for any public office to know, understand and hold dear. What is he/she doing there if they do not know what our value system is built upon. No wonder they have no respect for the nation, it's people and fallen heros. check out the meaning online. For the fact that most of us does not know it does not make it right. In those days, that's the first thing you are thought when you can read and write after your first few years in primary school. In my opinion, i think we should be concerned more of what is right and wrong. That is what will build a nation. I understand our diversity but we can make correction on the path of right value system. Who says the rest of the advanced world is one tribe. but their value system is strong. we keep shouting hausa Ibo Yoruba, i ask, does the bad roads not led to accident and deaths of all of us, does the epilleptic power supply not affect us all, do we not go to the same market, does fuel scacity not affect us all. Let us think act and critizise wisely. Constructive critizisim will lead to greater tomorrow.
I wonder why amb nominee will fail a repeated interview question. When u are nominated, the first thing to learn is national anthem and pledge if don't know it. I'm disappointed our elites don't prepare for interview while they want the job seekers to read all the books for #20,000 job

1 Like

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by phobia2002: 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2016
MadCow1:

My friend if u've ever faced job interview u'll understand u may be the best for the job if the interviewer ask u for the company motto and u are like hem hem hmmm.
Trust me gonner is your name
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by Organs(m): 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2016
Uduak2019:

You want Nigeria to grow with over 3 million Easterners murdered in cold blood during the civil war? Over 2 million children starved to death by Awolowo? Get out from my sight before I spit on you...hypocrite devoid of basic human conscience.

@UDUAK2019: Now what you are saying is another matter entirely....I have conscience ok. Right is right and wrong is wrong... now if you want to go back to history, lets start with Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu, the idiot that drew first blood by killing Sardauna, etc in front of his wife and kids someone that was trusted in the household over suspiscion that Ahmadu bello is corrupt only to discover that he was owing the bank, now the Ibo's in KD and Zaria that had everything going well for them instead of condeming the massacre, started jubilating and taunting the northerners with pics of Ahmadu bello and saying una "Alhaji don die" etc and that led to anger and killings of those ibos in the north, there were riots and in Nigeria, people are not held accountable so there was no justice and it continued. Ojukwu in tackling the issue and him been selfish saw that as an opportunity to be President. He refused the advice of so many, he was adamant and stubborn and refused to listen to ZIK etc and led his people to war and boasted that he will be the last man standing only to run away and left all to die. Uduak, Yes i agree, it was unfortunate what happened, it was avoidable. We need to move on from that...... the Ibo's need to accept Buhari as the President and Commander in Chief and BELIEVE IN ONE NIGERIA. Also, Buhari needs to understand that the Ibo's weather they voted for him or not are NIGERIANS and that they have equal share in all resources and that he needs to ensure that and balance all his appointments atht are currently pro-North. Yes we do have issues, look at my criticism of Emir Sanusi's birthday... I am Muslim and from Kogi ok, i am still appalled that a Mrs Bridget Agbahime, will spend over 30 years in Kano, and have Kano as her "HOME" and be killed on the streets and the perpetrators are not being sentenced to death yet, i am angry about it... and all the CAN bigotry, police initial bragadoo, the Gov's hapinness over the arrest of the main guy that raised the false alarm etc what has it led to? unless those perpetrators are sentenced to death, Mrs Bridget's family gets compensated and gets true justice, i will not rest in talking about it. In the same vein, an ambassadorial nominee that cannot recite the national anthem is a shame and you should not be defending it Uduak. Conclusively, Uduak, i have conscience and i believe in one nigeria where we all will succeed as one Nigeria with justice and equality for ALL.

1 Like

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by MadCow1: 3:22pm On Aug 01, 2016
phobia2002:

My friend if u've ever faced job interview u'll understand u may be the best for the job if the interviewer ask u for the company motto and u are like hem hem hmmm.
Trust me gonner is your name

I can understand you.. Sadly this is not a private company.

She is obviously one of the most experienced candidates as it is. I believe she scaled every other aspect of the interview except the Anthem part. I still genuinely dont feel that alone should be a deal breaker.
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by pazienza(m): 4:21pm On Aug 01, 2016
Much ado over nothing.
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by armadeo(m): 5:28pm On Aug 01, 2016
Udmaster:
Who is above mistake? Leave the woman jare.. She is fucated and competent.
65% of Nairalanders may fail to receite 36 states and capital correctly offhand.

Dude WTF. State's and capitals

90% WOULD FAIL states alone. Talk of capital.

100% failure.
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by Ngozi123(f): 6:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
TomHagen:
How many Jews did Hitler kill? Has Germany stopped growing.

Germany has actually acknowledged the atrocities it committed under Nazi rule, including the extermination of over 6 million Jews. They have also apologised for their actions and have taken steps to repair the damage caused by the war and the events leading up to it. What exactly has Nigeria done to repair the damage caused by the war? Have they even done any of the things listed above? 90% of Nigeria's problems today is caused by the actions taken in the post-war period.

Remember, the biggest reason why Hitler was able to rise to power was due to the US, Britain and, mainly, France's poor handling of the post-war period after the First World War...
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by ehissi(m): 7:18pm On Aug 01, 2016
MadCow1:

Who died and made your Nan a yardstick for juding Ambassadorial candidates?

And just so you know, its 3 versions of the national amthem namely; Nigeria we hail thee, O' God of Creation and Arise O Compatriots.

SO your Grandma was not Legendary like you thought.. grin

Come Madcow1!!! Don't embarrass me hia, abi R U a confirmed olodo too!!??

I tell U say we don close National anthem chapter since Nursery 1; you dey hia dey submit wawa parade.

And for the record, "O God of Creation" is the second Stanza of our National Anthem.

If you are still in doubt, make google ya friend.

Still quote me anywhere, anyday, anytime.

O God of creation
Direct our Noble cause
Guide our leaders right.........that's the second stanza of the National anthem!!

Nonsense ambassadorial nominees!! angry
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by MadCow1: 7:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
ehissi:

Come Madcow1!!! Don't embarrass me hia, abi R U a confirmed olodo too!!??

I tell U say we don close National anthem chapter since Nursery 1; you dey hia dey submit wawa parade.

And for the record, "O God of Creation" is the second Stanza of our National Anthem.

If you are still in doubt, make google ya friend.

Still quote me anywhere, anyday, anytime.

O God of creation
Direct our Noble cause
Guide our leaders right.........that's the second stanza of the National anthem!!

Nonsense ambassadorial nominees!! angry

I nominate you for Ambassador
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by TomHagen: 7:28pm On Aug 01, 2016
Ngozi123:

Germany has actually acknowledged the atrocities it committed under Nazi rule, including the extermination of over 6 million Jews. They have also apologised for their actions and have taken steps to repair the damage caused by the war and the events leading up to it. What exactly has Nigeria done to repair the damage caused by the war? Have they even done any of the things listed above? 90% of Nigeria's problems today is caused by the actions taken in the post-war period.

Remember, the biggest reason why Hitler was able to rise to power was due to the US, Britain and, mainly, France's poor handling of the post-war period after the First World War...
Germany's attack was evil and unjustified. Hitler was an evil maniac. Do you really want to compare the two situations? Afterall na una first start coup. The Jews did nothing. Can you say the same for Igbos?
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by ehissi(m): 7:40pm On Aug 01, 2016
MadCow1:

I nominate you for Ambassador

Thank U for ya nomination. At least it was hard won by displaying simple understanding of the text of our Nation's anthem.

Just imagine Obama endorsing/re-endorsing some woman for ambassadorial appointment and she nor sabi american National anthem.

Forget US congress, na michelle go first ask am which style she give you?? Doggy or 69 or missionary!!?

Well! With the kind of NASS we have you can never tell whether na dollar or puna she wan use take collect ambassadorial appointment.

Olodo diplomat without better diploma
Nonsense....... angry
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by Phobia1: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
TheBiafran:
her business
the zoo is falling
why nominate 5%?
bubu is SCARED!
but the zoo must fall!
Now i know ur problem is beyond you. no more quotin. Pray God heal u fast or mayb not?
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by Phobia1: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
TheBiafran:
her business
the zoo is falling
why nominate 5%?
bubu is SCARED!
but the zoo must fall!
Now i know ur problem is beyond you. no more quotin. Pray God heal u fast or mayb not
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by Ngozi123(f): 8:25pm On Aug 01, 2016
TomHagen:
Germany's attack was evil and unjustified. Hitler was an evil maniac. Do you really want to compare the two situations? Afterall na una first start coup. The Jews did nothing. Can you say the same for Igbos?

You're the one that compared them in the first place. I only explained to you why it is inaccurate to compare post war Nazi Germany to Nigeria today.

Btw, no one is justifying Hitler's actions; I was just explaining to you that one of the reasons why Hitler was able to take power was because of the harsh conditions Germany faced at the end of the First World War.
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by TomHagen: 8:43pm On Aug 01, 2016
Ngozi123:

You're the one that compared them in the first place. I only explained to you why it is inaccurate to compare post war Nazi Germany to Nigeria today.

Btw, no one is justifying Hitler's actions; I was just explaining to you that one of the reasons why Hitler was able to take power was because of the harsh conditions Germany faced at the end of the First World War.
There was precedent for my initial analogy. You should scroll up and see where my conversation started with that Uduak guy.
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by Ngozi123(f): 9:28pm On Aug 01, 2016
TomHagen:
There was precedent for my initial analogy. You should scroll up and see where my conversation started with that Uduak guy.

This has no bearing on what I said; my comment still stands.
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by TomHagen: 9:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
Ngozi123:

This has no bearing on what I said; my comment still stands.
Which comment exactly?
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by Ngozi123(f): 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2016
TomHagen:
Which comment exactly?

My initial comment to you, of course.
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by TomHagen: 9:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
Ngozi123:

My initial comment to you, of course.
So you want an apology, what is an apology going to achieve?(Not that I agree that the apology is what is making Germany prosper).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shekarau’s Supporters Boo Ganduje At Ex Minister's House / Why We’re Building Church In APC Secretariat – Ganduje / Ali Modu Sheriff Visits APC Secretariat, May Vie For Chairmanship Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.