Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story (50306 Views)

Meet Faith Omoniye Lesley, Nigerian Female Welder (Photos) / A Lady Cleaner In A Cinema In Abuja Shares Her Story. Photo / Accountant Susan Asakpa Who Drives A Cab In Abuja Tells Her Touching Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by ChuzzyBlog: 1:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
UNICEF shared this inspiring story of a young female Welder, Rosemary Amposah from Bechem, Ghana.

"My mother said I should become a policewoman, a nurse or a doctor. She said those are the jobs that people respect," Rosemary said. "When I left high school, there was very little to do. I worked at a filling station selling petrol but had very little fulfillment.

I always asked myself, what if this company collapses or the owner decides to sack me? My father brought me here to learn welding. My mother hated the idea and always compares me with my sister who went into nursing training. But my dad supports me. Everybody says it’s a man’s job. In my class, there are fifteen boys and I was the first girl to join them. I walk a very long distance to get to school and each time, I get someone who passes a negative comment. Like the last time, one man saw me and said if I continue with this job I can’t get married and it would be difficult to give birth.I think they are trying to pull me down but I’m not interested."

http://www.chuzzyblog.com/2016/08/read-this-inspiring-story-of-young.html

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by ChuzzyBlog: 1:40pm On Aug 01, 2016

1 Like

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by taylor88(m): 3:30pm On Aug 01, 2016
hmmmm, it's beta dan being idle & rely on a man

but d truth is I can't b comfortable wt a welder wife especially wen i dnt hv a 6 packs

she can beat me up at anytime

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by sunnyanet(m): 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
If u love the job (welding) and u do it with passion, I bet even ur customers will be begging u for marriage

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by Anoruo(m): 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
maybe the man is in love

2 Likes

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by ndlife: 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
Continue your work and leave does fools

7 Likes

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by Deen77: 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
You are bless sister.

5 Likes

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by Tkayhandsome(m): 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
Amaka come and learn and stop begging for money. Waiting for boyfriend to buy your pad is a crime. Yimu

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by AntiWailer: 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
Senseless Man.

Na those kind men, plenty girls like to follow.

Dear Ladies,

If he does not inspire you in any form apart from giving you coins and sleeping with you with the office pin wey he dey carry about.

To avoid wailing in the future, Flash him red card. He is not worth it.

Signed
AntiWailer. angry angry

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by Goddygee(m): 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
U mean am...?

1 Like

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by linusbnn(m): 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
Lies. You will marry this year,trust me

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by DEBJOCH1(m): 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
Good to hear, please congratulate me as i celebrate FTC....
Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by Sexytemi(f): 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
Superwoman!!!!!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by Araoluwa005(m): 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2016
you are relevant

10 Likes

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by NaijaDealMaker: 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2016
You are beautiful and hard working so I believe you have a husband waiting for you when you are ready.

12 Likes

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by sbabimbola(f): 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2016
Thumbs up sis!......

The right man will locate HER.....

4 Likes

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by veekid(m): 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2016
Here in naija, husband plenty, just cm wt ur money

2 Likes

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by handysuzy(f): 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
She deserves a medal

1 Like

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by jegz25(m): 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
Thumbs up 4 her...I love seeing self reliant women.

2 Likes

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
Wat a man cn do a woman cn do better, though nt true o
Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
I love hardworking girls..not those ones that depend on a guy for their feeding,clothing,rent and even living as if the guy is a full time job..
May eledumare bless her with a good husband... she deserves it. wink

4 Likes

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by MadCow1: 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4047570_index_jpeg7a22bf66580ddb64c14e9a6d0970044a

I will wife her in a minute.. angry

Only Biitch Niggas are intimidated by strong powerful women.

35 Likes

She will be a goddess if a rich guy marry her all she needs is a little polishing and she will be shiny and prettier than mercy Johnson i dont think anyone is ugly money can refine people, some men will like her in that state and its better than prostitution

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by Qmerit(m): 3:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
Is a fat lie from who's in love with you but don't look back for him, a positively loaded dude is await you for a marriage when the time comes!

2 Likes

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by eleko1: 3:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
young lady, dnt mind the mumu one dat told u can't marry due to ur profession/job.Nah person dey marry Psp driver, tailors, etc.Face ur job, those who appreciate u will fight ova u..

1 Like

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by bastien: 3:37pm On Aug 01, 2016
No mind the man, the man think say ur obo go dey smell like rust iron, grin

Cause people wey dey sell fish for oja, their obo dey smell like dead fish grin grin

Continue ma'am!

1 Like

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by Tintinnoty(m): 3:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
She's not the first welder I know, I lost a sister to the cold hand of death at the RCCG camp over the weekend, she was a welder married to a fellow welder. Unliked the lady in this post, people appreciated and respected her for choosing a profession dominated by the men.

1 Like

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by falcon01: 3:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by mamajaz(f): 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
DEBJOCH1:
Good to hear, please congratulate me as i celebrate FTC....
Go and marry the lady welder free of charge. I dash you for being FTC

2 Likes

Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by falcon01: 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
Tintinnoty:
gotchyaa
Re: Rosemary Amposah, A Female Welder, Tells Her Story by promqueen247(f): 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2016
Yaaay pro-feminism here, we would take over the world, it just a matter of time, one day at a time.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Angel Onuoha, Associate Manager At Google / Groundnut Hawker Wearing Suit And Tie (Photos) / I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.