Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,404 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery (40572 Views)

My Girl Rejected This Car I Bought For Her.. Please See And Judge For Me / Lady Whose Boyfriend Confronted Her Over Her Beer Belly Dumps Him / 18-Year-Old Italian Model Auctions Her Virginity To Buy Her Parents A House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by contactmorak: 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2016
A Uganda-based billionaire sent his audience laughing after recounting how rejection from a girl back when he was a university student because he could not afford to buy her beer, was the birth of his dream to one day own a brewery.

Dr. Martin Aliker, one of the richest people in Uganda who owns shares in East African Breweries, was giving a speech during the recent celebrations of Uganda Breweries Limited (UBL) turning 70, when he recounted the interesting story.

It was back in the late 1940s when taking beer had just become an in-thing. He approached a beautiful girl in a nightclub, but the lady would only have time for him if he could buy her a bottle of beer.

“I was at Makerere and those days there was only one night club, near Clock Tower. I approached this girl and she actually wanted to dance with me. The condition was that I buy a beer. Back then a beer was only one shilling, but I couldn’t afford it,” the billionaire said as quoted by Matooke Republic.
Speaking during the celebrations held at the Sheraton Kampala Hotel, Aliker said that that disappointing experience roused a will in him to work his way up and one day own a brewery.

“She rejected me because I couldn’t afford a beer but now I have a brewery. That night was my inspiration to be part of a brewery business. I vowed that one day I had to be involved in making beer,” the 88-year-old mogul told the amused crowd.

He also owns shares in several other companies including Nation Media Group, National Insurance Corporation, Uganda Clays and Stanbic Bank, and has sat in over 40 boards of companies in his home country.

The elder, also a chancellor of Victoria University, is married to Camille who he met in the US when he was a student, and persuaded her to come to Uganda with him.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/08/girl-rejects-broke-guy-who-cant-buy-her.html

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by contactmorak: 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2016
Who knows if the lady is married to a brewery labourer grin

198 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by madridguy(m): 5:25pm On Aug 02, 2016
grin
Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by Bluezy13(m): 5:31pm On Aug 02, 2016
Hmmm...

She refused because I couldn't afford a condom...

One day, I'll own a condom factory!

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by GloriaNinja(f): 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2016
no condition is permanent.

25 Likes

Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 02, 2016
A lesson
Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by decatalyst(m): 6:04pm On Aug 02, 2016
The rejection was the turning point. Insult that Parks the inner crackers is all we need.

1. Don't look down on people .

2. Don't sulk because someone let you down or riddicle you.

3. Be inspired by that little setback...

Lastly, be humble in any situation and always believe that tomorrow will surely be better than the spent days on earth.

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by JoeCutie(m): 8:03pm On Aug 02, 2016
You know, ladies - real and coolheaded ladies - have a way of looking beyond the present and seeing someone's (a man's) future. Seriously, it's like magic. Sometimes, women exhibit some traits that are quite metaphysical. Do whatever to them, ayama! They'd stick around. They've already seen a future so bright that they can't afford to miss out. But the mumu ones; the all-for-the-money ones; the karashikas; the witches & bitches; ndi oso chi egbu? Abia! Small thing, they don fly go meet richer guys! Only to come begging when it dawns on them that the stone they rejected had become the cornerstone.

"Blessed are those (ladies) who suffer persecution (stick with their men when they are broke), for theirs is the Kingdom of God (theirs is the man's wealth when he hammers)" - I don forget the Bible quotation. grin

Patience! Patience, my dear. Patience!
Nobody wey no fit to make am.
The different/distance between the rich and the poor is a thin line. It's so slim! And all it takes is...TIME

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 02, 2016
The girl that disvirgened me laughed at my bed skills.

But now I have pounded and made 4 of her best friends squirt_ since. We graduated....LIFE!

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by dayleke: 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2016
Lol
Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by Moz22: 8:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
My grandmother likes to wear skirt
Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by smartdaction: 8:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
This life is all about money oo
Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by Chuukwudi(m): 8:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
Nice one!
Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by chumakk: 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2016
Leave the hol'e. By now she will be old and forgoten cheesy
Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by Kizyte(m): 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2016
Very inspiring!
Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by Vikky014(f): 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2016
Bluezy13:
Hmmm...

She refused because I couldn't afford a condom...

One day, I'll own a condom factory!
R U OK

1 Like

Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by Bluette(f): 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2016
Hmmmm. Humility and respect is d key.

1 Like

Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by LivingDiamond(m): 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2016
Something must inspire man who hungers for success!

1 Like

Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by baba11(m): 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2016
NEVER LOOK DOWN ON ANYONE NO MATTER THE SITUATIONS BECOS IF THERE'S STILL A LIFE..THERE'S A HOPE AND A WAY

cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2016
contactmorak:
Who knows if the lady is married to a brewery labourer grin
No na, she's prbly married to a drunk.

5 Likes

Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by Prostitute: 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2016
Story
Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by MisterDreamz(m): 8:09pm On Aug 02, 2016
Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by skywalker495(m): 8:10pm On Aug 02, 2016
Oya where those werey nairaland chicks wey reject me cos ah no get car...
Shebi una get ears

Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by Articul8(m): 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2016
She refused me because I am short. When will I be tall?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by sekem: 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2016
I sweehh

1 Like

Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by tunatrezy(m): 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2016
The title of the story could be "Every disappointment is a blessing" I pray that every disappointment in ur life will turn into a blessing. Amen (for me).

8 Likes

Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by Emarc16(m): 8:12pm On Aug 02, 2016
Naija gals una hear?
Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by oluwasegun007(m): 8:13pm On Aug 02, 2016
Wonderful story.....
Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by MrWhaley: 8:15pm On Aug 02, 2016
Dah yeye Geh dumped me because I didn't have an iPhone6.

One day,I will buy Apple. angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by OlajumokeBread(f): 8:16pm On Aug 02, 2016
Every girl in this world is a gold digger

3 Likes

Re: Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery by tunshe: 8:17pm On Aug 02, 2016
Negative inspiration in my opinion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things A Lady Shouldn’t Do In The Presence Of A Man [ladies Zone] / My Girlfriend Refused To Put My Picture On Her WhatsApp Status / Man Padlocks Girlfriend's Pant To Prevent Her From Cheating (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.