Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

I Don’t Really Need My Husband - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don’t Really Need My Husband (1382 Views)

"If I date a man for 3 months and I don’t cheat, then that’s my husband" - lady. / I Don’t Love Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Really Need My Husband by nurabela: 10:49pm On Aug 03, 2016
I’ve been married to my husband for over 30 years and we have two grown-up children. I have now reached a stage where I feel my life has ended. My husband has become so grumpy and lazy and won’t lift a finger to help around the house. If anything has to be done, I always have to do it myself. He won’t even have a decent conversation with me – all he does is watch TV, even if there is nothing of interest to watch.

He’s retired but I have a thriving business I run away from home, yet he won’t help me at home, even when I’m ill. I want to leave him and have discussed the possibility with my eldest child. Both my children know how unhappy I am with their father and have agreed to support whatever decision I arrive at. I want to be happy again as there’s absolutely no love or affection between us any more. Any advice for me?

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/dont-really-need-husband/
Re: I Don’t Really Need My Husband by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 03, 2016
W
Re: I Don’t Really Need My Husband by Drienzia: 10:55pm On Aug 03, 2016
Seriously, Nairalanders don't care

Re: I Don’t Really Need My Husband by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 03, 2016
What God has joined together let no man (or woman) put asunder.

Your reaction matters a lot. I think you should see a marriage counsellor.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Really Need My Husband by herzern(m): 10:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
Everyone wants divorce

Is there an hidden reason for this??
Re: I Don’t Really Need My Husband by herzern(m): 10:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
undecided
Re: I Don’t Really Need My Husband by omas1(m): 11:06pm On Aug 03, 2016
Mid life crisis. Ma'am you need to see a counselor.
Re: I Don’t Really Need My Husband by menix(m): 11:07pm On Aug 03, 2016
Madam why u like lie, just tell us u now ve a young chap screwing you

You ve 2 grown up nd still u want that old man to help you sweep, wash plate, do laundry and cook for you...

U even trained some useless kids, how can my mum call me today and say my dad does not support her with chores in his 70's nd she won't regret dialing my number.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Really Need My Husband by Juxtified(m): 11:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
menix:

You ve 2 grown up nd still u want that old man to help you sweep, wash plate, do laundry and cook for you...

U even trained some useless kids, how can my mum call me today and say my dad does not support her with chores in his 70's nd she won't regret dialing my number.
Don't mind her
Re: I Don’t Really Need My Husband by Oksman(m): 12:18am On Aug 04, 2016
nurabela:
I’ve been married to my husband for over 30 years and we have two grown-up children. I have now reached a stage where I feel my life has ended. My husband has become so grumpy and lazy and won’t lift a finger to help around the house. If anything has to be done, I always have to do it myself. He won’t even have a decent conversation with me – all he does is watch TV, even if there is nothing of interest to watch.

He’s retired but I have a thriving business I run away from home, yet he won’t help me at home, even when I’m ill. I want to leave him and have discussed the possibility with my eldest child. Both my children know how unhappy I am with their father and have agreed to support whatever decision I arrive at. I want to be happy again as there’s absolutely no love or affection between us any more. Any advice for me?

Madam you are begining to dislike your husband and tired of your union after 30yrs,.....hmmmn well hear this: (proverb 14:1) says "A wise woman build her home, but.a foolish woman destroys it with her own hands" The choice is yours, thanks.
Re: I Don’t Really Need My Husband by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 04, 2016
Have you tried talking to your husband? Let him no that you're no longer happpy in the marriage, and if he knows he's still interested in making the marriage work, he should sit up and change his non challant attitude towards you.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Really Need My Husband by Kobicove(m): 1:21am On Aug 04, 2016
herzern:
Everyone wants divorce

Is there an hidden reason for this??

Marriage is over rated...

At some point in a marriage boredom starts to set in undecided
Re: I Don’t Really Need My Husband by agbonkamen(f): 2:18am On Aug 04, 2016
this woman what are you still looking for 30 years in marriage is no joke at all madam i think you be heavenly mind now not leaving 30yrs marriage that has produced grown up children.
Re: I Don’t Really Need My Husband by supernet4(f): 8:44am On Aug 04, 2016
menix:

my thought exactly
Re: I Don’t Really Need My Husband by shumuel(m): 11:15am On Aug 04, 2016
nurabela:

Females and their craze for Trends is really appaling, so if young ladies are complaining about their husbands and filing for divorce should this old mama also do the same, just to follow a stvpid trend, i wonder what advise she would give to her kids if they find theirselves in the same situation, Trash!.

I wonder if divorce will now make the man help her with the chures, when they are seperated.

OP, this should had been in Family section if you want it to get lalasticlala's attention.
Re: I Don’t Really Need My Husband by talk2bity: 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2017
Tell me the truth and i can help

(1) (Reply)

Niki Minaj Wants You To See What She Is Got In Front..photo / Who Among These Young Nairalanders Rock This Ankara Better?? (photos) / Top 7 Nigeria Celebrity You Didn't Know Were Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.