Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 (16899 Views)

Did Nnamdi Kanu Disappear With Restructuring? / "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima / Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by pyxon(m): 11:39am On Aug 04, 2016
Mylove55:
is pmb d cause of ur woes? why not ask pdp to help u for 16yrs
If you don't know that its the same group of people that has been holding Nigeria captive since 1967, ruling this nation and running it to the ground then you shouldn't be on NL

2 Likes

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by mrpotoristools: 11:39am On Aug 04, 2016
We agree with dat
Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by vaderemi: 11:39am On Aug 04, 2016
And what was the result then?

2 Likes

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by adewale2011(m): 11:39am On Aug 04, 2016
Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by kaen1317: 11:40am On Aug 04, 2016
Restructured in line with principles of equality and justice for all. No man is born to rule and no man is born to be a slave to another

2 Likes

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by Pavore9: 11:40am On Aug 04, 2016
Sighs.
Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by kachiz(m): 11:40am On Aug 04, 2016
You didn't want the Nigerian map to look somehow?

So you came to do landscape planning?

4 Likes

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by yousee(m): 11:45am On Aug 04, 2016
Dear General, I'm sorry to burst your bubble. That ostrich approach has failed us.
The sad thing is that you are now an old man.

3 Likes

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by abioyeolaide(m): 11:46am On Aug 04, 2016
He did it at his tender age but still alive watching all dis mess happening in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by davidodiba(m): 11:47am On Aug 04, 2016
Let's restructure. [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by CSTR12: 11:51am On Aug 04, 2016
Volksfuhrer:
Gowon was far from being a "noodle leader." He was arguably the best and noblest military ruler we've ever had in this country. A descent research on this gentleman isn't a bad idea.

In any case, it isn't Gowon's fault that your sense of humour isn't as sharp as it should be.

Kindest regards.

If Gowon was your best and noble military leader then no wonder Nigeria is the way it is.
Have you read the aburi accord? You need to see how he was schooled in governance by ojukwu. If he was indeed noble he would have atleast accepted the intellectual superiority of ojukwu and entrenched regionalism that he agreed to in ghana. But the coward had to backpedal like an amateur.
He should be grateful he had the brits at his side. Men like him don't win wars. If the roles were reversed, ojukwu would have crushed him in a month.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by anytexy: 11:51am On Aug 04, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
e.g

General Casandra & Mere Commissioner..
...and the Zombies as well. grin
BeeBeeOoh:
e.g

General Casandra & Mere Commissioner..
...and the Zombies as well.
Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:54am On Aug 04, 2016
anytexy:

...and the Zombies as well. grin
...and the Zombies as well.
uaray genuis I swear..
Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by Koboland(f): 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2016
yeye man
Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by uwajeh(m): 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2016
With the greatest respect Sir not all your senior colleagues were killed. Brigadier Ogundipe was still alive but the Northern officers insisted that one of their own who was amenable to their plans must be made Head of State.

3 Likes

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by Emyogalanya: 12:08pm On Aug 04, 2016
See deception And to think the ss thought gowon wanted to give them the normal 50 derivation funds. They only use it against eastern (ss/se) zone. And fought against dia brother and the fell for it cos they sold a dummy that se is ss problem. Just to break unconfirmed se dominance. Now the ss have the dominance of 170 million people at least dey could manage 50 million igbos. Truth is coming out gradually . As dearpreye will say ss will gladly kill their brother just to b politically correct, nigerian patriot. United nations take note. Do the needfull

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by 9jagoodman: 12:09pm On Aug 04, 2016
Anytime i come to NL, see people's attitude to issues, i feel Nigeria is going nowhere. Construction of a NEW NIGERIA is suppose to start from here. But looking at the level of division..... i feel so sorry for my country.[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by drestoneokuta(m): 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2016
Bolustic:

Get this straight.

General JT Aguiyi Ironsi was the first to restructure Nigeria from regional governments to unitary one through Decree 34 of 1966 immediately the Ibos got power.

The northerners tasted it and saw how sweet it was and wouldn't let go.
The UNIFICATION DECREE, the northern region was against it and threatened to secced

1 Like

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by LastProphet: 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2016
nijabazaar:
This is the kind of Noodle leaders we are cursed with....so ur primary purpose of restructuring then was so that Nigeriaz map wont get K leg on paper?

Stupid....just Negodu enough Stupidty.

here we are, such actions kept us in this hell hole. No tangible policies, A system for the North, by the North and.....

Thank God all these pressure groups, fuelled by a resentment for una stupidity, are givin u guys sleepless nites.

actually the reason given by gowon is very stewpid, that was not even something to consider above the agitations of a people, and after he made Nigeria one where are we? even when buhari said our unity is non-negotiable soyinka had to correct him. am a buhari follower but where he's wrong i will say it. Nigeria can be divided and we all better accept it, the north is over favoured in current Nigeria and that is wrong

2 Likes

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by ostirich(m): 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
There is no way u will compare ojukwu with this man .Even as at now Nigeria is ashamed to go back to ojukwu"s proposal of governace. gowan was the president and the country went to war under his care what does that make him. you fought soo hard to keep Nigeria map intack.
I pity you and ur state.well youv successfully succeded in crashing nigeria

1 Like

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by Emyogalanya: 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
My dear that's the real tempo of the nigerian people forget about the one nigerian sang all over the place. This is how nigerian feel about one another .how can Aaron nationa make progress like this truth is we are one nation but never, and cannot be one people quote me any where
9jagoodman:
Anytime i come to NL, see people's attitude to issues, i feel Nigeria is going nowhere. Construction of a NEW NIGERIA is suppose to start from here. But looking at the level of division..... i feel so sorry for my country.[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2016
Propropro:
The man that single handedly ensured biafra was dead and buried in 1970 while Ojukwu fled to ivory coast with his tail behind his legs. God bless Gowon for keeping this great nation one. We are forever grateful sad

2 Likes

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by benji93: 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2016
Propropro:
The man that single handedly ensured biafra was dead and buried in 1970 while Ojukwu fled to ivory coast with his tail behind his legs. God bless Gowon for keeping this great nation one. We are forever grateful sad
en, single wetin handedly, the independence of eastern NIgeria couldn't have been stalled without the sagacity of Awolowo

2 Likes

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 04, 2016
Propropro:

He is talking about restructuring not civil war..... Ojukwu wudnt have lost if not for cowardly betrayal act of awolowo......
Gowon is a dullard like Buhari.... he signed a treaty in Gnana but broke it...tthat started the war

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by pyxon(m): 12:27pm On Aug 04, 2016
Propropro:
I thought you guys said it was OBJ, Awolowo and other Yourobber shest beating, fulani a.ss licking cone heads. Now Gowon singlehandedly defeated Biafra. Which one Afonjas dey. Can you not talk from both sides of your mouth for once in your lives

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by Temptee101(m): 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
After u failed to honour the Aburi accord. Let me ask u how has ur devilish effort to keep Nigeria one faired?

2 Likes

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by fixedhollies(m): 12:38pm On Aug 04, 2016
Bolustic:

Get this straight.

General JT Aguiyi Ironsi was the first to restructure Nigeria from regional governments to unitary one through Decree 34 of 1966 immediately the Ibos got power.

The northerners tasted it and saw how sweet it was and wouldn't let go.
agreed: but a unitary government focuses on centralization of government. I think d person that decentralised it does a greater work ... not about restructuring but about d effects!
Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by Legitbaba(m): 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
Gowon is still going-on with his rubbish talk, u restricted by creating states...so in your terms, the solution is to create more states.....he made himself look stupid with that map talk

2 Likes

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by pyxon(m): 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2016
CSTR12:
If Gowon was your best and noble military leader then no wonder Nigeria is the way it is.
Have you read the aburi accord? You need to see how he was schooled in governance by ojukwu. If he was indeed noble he would have atleast accepted the intellectual superiority of ojukwu and entrenched regionalism that he agreed to in ghana. But the coward had to backpedal like an amateur.
He should be grateful he had the brits at his side. Men like him don't win wars. If the roles were reversed, ojukwu would have crushed him in a month.
WORD!
Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by pyxon(m): 12:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
drestoneokuta:

The UNIFICATION DECREE, the northern region was against it and threatened to secced
and since then over 8 Northern governments and 3 Yoruba have tasted it and failed to change it as opposed to only 1 Igbo government

1 Like

Re: Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 by Stanbeto: 12:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
Go On With One Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi Lawmakers Endorse Yahaya Bello For Presidency / Group Blast Ex Gov. Udom Emmanuel For Seeking Tinubu's Attention After Insult / Aisha Buhari Distributes Materials To Bauchi IDPs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.