Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,988 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen (33045 Views)

Obiano's Wife Donates Ultramodern Toilet To Her Kinsmen After 3 Year In Office / KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo / Stop Fighting Tinubu – Kinsmen Warn Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
psucc:
Bunch of greedy men. They feel their protest or whatever can stop the northerners from slaying them? I wonder who is still left in the north after these series of security breaches.
I feel your pain nna a. Calling the Igbos greedy will never redeem that lazy ass of yours because no matter what and how bitter you guys may feel towards us, we must continue to progress.

you need the strength of ten horses to match that of hardworking Igbo man and i doubt if that ever gonna happen.

You need counselling.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by arisanate(m): 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2016
EWU, so killing is now just. I pity your life and your mentality.
Rexnegro:
Are You in my head? Asking because You Have said everything I had in mind to say then I saw Your comment And was like wow, You got me There....nice one bro...maybe they tink na all tribe go fit accept There nonsense The ways peaceful yoruba people do.
Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by EmekaBlue(m): 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2016
Just like Nigerians cant live in their country and scattered all over d world abi...kip showing ur hate
AlphaCentauri:
hmmmm, the sage has spoken.

i wonder why igbos have a phobia for living in the east lolzzz. how can you hate living amongst your own in your own region ? these igbos cant stand each other. thats why they cant live in the east. its like looking in the mirror everyday when they see a fellow igbo man and i dont think they like the image is why they hate being in the east. too many braggarts in one lil space makes for a hellish existence. so they rather be amongst afonja and arewa grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by ClitRaider: 2:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
facelessangel:
You can never hear kpim from Afonjas even if Osibande is killed today, the Afonjas will retrieve to their shell.

Kill one I go man the whole world will get to know.
mofn flatt.y.
Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by madenigga(m): 2:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
I tk back all i said b4, and all i say is God of heaven, u know the beginning and the end, u are the only God who made the impossible possible, who used a small boy with a catapult to kill a fierce giant, who used a man with a donkeys jaw bone to kill an arm, who led the people of isreal tru d red sea on dry land.
Who sent his son down to die for our salvation, igbos are the only tribe that u choose not to become muslims and u know why, if this is ur will then let ur will be done.
Clean the eyes of those who sober nd give them joy to show there agressors that u are the one nd only living God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by AlphaCentauri: 2:40pm On Aug 04, 2016
EmekaBlue:
Just like Nigerians cant live in their country and scattered all over d world abi...kip showing ur hate
bro, going to europe and america is one thing but you have to have a deep hatred for your own people to prefer to live amongst a bunch of crazy easily angered knife wielding muslims. listen, i dont care how much you offer me, even if you offer me 10 million dollars to move to the north, i will tell you to keep your money. i can never step in the north. no amount of money will make me go there. so why will ndigbo rather be amongst a bunch of crazy knife wielding islamic fundamentalists in the north than return home ? it boggles the mind. is home that bad ? really ?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by MrAldrick: 2:41pm On Aug 04, 2016
madenigga:
Una get time, that one na una problem dats y i like d ikwerre people, wetin concern ikwerre man nd benue not to talk of kano?
That kano that 80percent of the indegenes der has killed at least one person b4, if its not christains, its southerners if its not southerners its benue people.

because we ikwerre people are not igbos.
Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by madenigga(m): 2:42pm On Aug 04, 2016
My igbo brothers sheath ur swords for d case is no longer urs but between the north and God...
I urge u all to mk sure u utter this and all u ve seen here in ur prayers give it to God and tell him to fight for u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2016
Deadright2:
Igbos should go home.

Clamour for the division of Nigeria and they'll leave your land when it's actuallised.
Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by dubsy91(f): 2:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

Is it not One Nigeria again? Or do One Nigeria have a limit? Please explain!

dat young man did nothing bt sell goods on credit to his yoruba customer who instead of paying his debts,decided to pay som ppl to kill him ...wot has bn law abiding got to do wit dis?
Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
odomanis:

You have already concluded without hearing the details of what happened. Those Igbo traders are not given any trading reserve free by the FG as they are trying to give to the Fulani herdsmen now. They pay for shops where they do their businesses yet you wont let them have peace. Show me your comment on the ""law abiding herdsmen"" that go about killing others. But you have quickly rushed in here to comment rubbish. IGBO HATER !

Don't mind the kunu drinking idiot.
Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by Ngozi123(f): 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2016
madenigga:

Y dont u help them by telling ur devil sent leeders to let them go?
If merely relocating from the north wud give igbos Biafra they wud hv done dat long ago.

Sorry but I had to quote this for emphasis. Why can't they understand that just because we live with them, it doesn't mean that we want to stay in the same country with them. Igbos are found in almost every country in the world, from Cameroon to China, Pakistan to America. Does this mean that we want to share the same country with them all?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2016
isnovic:

[b]I do not think they are wrong here.
To kill someone for the sheer fact he is Igbo does not augur well for Nigeria and anyone for that matter.

If the Northern person can claim the oil in outback of SS and SE.
If the Yorubas can claim development and the federal infrastructure built by the tills of the oils and taxes of traders, workers of igbos and non igbo alike.
Why should the Igbo not be able to claim any land where they live, pay their dues and legitimately do their business Legit business that it.

This is the same notion held since 1960 that has kept the country backward. the country tried to firewall the Igbos even as way back 1962. Just 2 years after independence.
Why? Nigerians and indeed the Northern Elite had the notion igbos where arrogant, too forward, forceful and their never-back-down spirit. These notions is still prevalent today. Instead of embracing their nature, free entrepreneurial spirit and celebrating their acceptance of one Nigeria as pronounced in the No Victor No Vanquish statement after the war.

They are rather hounded, suppressed and told to be grateful and be respectful to their hosts anywhere outside the east else they will repeat what they did in the past. A sad macabre genocide in my opinion. With the proponents still in power and majority of them alive today.

My dear, a fool dies so many times before his death.

the Igbos are dearing. It is there nature.
We all can not be the same thing.

We should tolerate our difference, as even with all their mouth or "supposed"arrogance they still move to Lagos or North to do their business because they know at the end it all about securing your life and pronounce that you are alive, since there is a silent agreement to shut-out the igbos.

They blocked them from employment in early sixties in the North.

They introduce the Quota system to curtail the numbers of igbos and indeed southernerns (including the Yorubas who were reluctant to join the Army prefering Civil services and white collar jobs instead) in the Civil services and other professions even when on merit they are clearly better then the others.
From 1966-1970 the Nigeria state under the young military officers of which the present President was the driver of the truck that picked up the killed Igbo military men in the 1966 Northern Coup and the extensive Killings of Igbos and other Southernerns in the North for the fear they are Igbos and the fear of Decree 34 announced by Agunyi Ironsi.

My dear, if you are from this tribe you will do worst after what they have been through in the hands of Nigeria.

So don't blame them.
Walk in their shoes or read their history then you will understand their angst.

I read it and i have not remained the same again as i could not reconcile my hatred against these people before now.

I sympathise with them now. We need to talk about the 1960 to 1999 Igbo conundrum for them to be at peace.[/b]
I'm awed! Eziokwu bu ndu. We need people like you in this country for Nigeria to move forward.
Remain Blessed.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by manny4life(m): 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
bro, going to europe and america is one thing but you have to have a deep hatred for your own people to prefer to live amongst a bunch of crazy easily angered knife wielding muslims. listen, i dont care how much you offer me, even if you offer me 10 million dollars to move to the north, i will tell you to keep your money. i can never step in the north. no amount of money will make me go there. so why will ndigbo rather be amongst a bunch of crazy knife wielding islamic fundamentalists in the north than return home ? it boggles the mind. is home that bad ? really ?

This is the kind of utter rubbish that's often spilled on NL, if SE as a region has more people living and trading within it's boundaries, and that # is several times greater when compared to Lagos (the most Igbo populated state), please tell me where the "deep hatred" comes from?

As much as I don't support Igbos living up north, if it offers them better business opportunities, then that's an individual decision but alluding to a"reason" why they live among northerners as deep hatred for their people is nothing short of delusion. How can home be bad when home is making all these great strides and effort? Unless you show me that the # of people living outside Igboland is on par (not even greater) with the # living within Igboland, then and only will I take you seriously. Till then, you know nothing about Igbo dynamics, so don't speak on it.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by abduljabbar4(m): 3:00pm On Aug 04, 2016
ayzTIGER:
respect thier host as in how? Let the killing of thier kinsmen thrive just like that? Keep quiet if you dont know what to say

The way you are saying it sef. What can they actually do about it?
Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by EmekaBlue(m): 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2016
When u c chinese go to places like Sudan or somalia to base... U think its in d war front?! No..Its just biz perspective and taking advantage to make money...And i dont think ur tribe loves home d way igbos love theirs..Nobody likes to die but some are just full of heart to go dominate and make it big
AlphaCentauri:

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by nijascammers: 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2016
Those that know history will recall how Ibo's were dominating everywhere in Nigeria prior to civil war, they not only dominate but were making caricature of their hosts.
Some the so called ibo traders are armed robbers, there was one prominent car parts dealer in Kano many years ago, who doubled as armed robber in the nights,until he was bold enough to try to rob the then military gov of Kano state and he was shot and killed
Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 04, 2016
Rexnegro:

So You dey compare The way You yeebos tink to That of oyibo own? They pass You Igbos by far... sebi una Be strong people na una for go kano go dey call Am no man's land, make they dagger Your skull since una dey take yoruba accommodating attitude for granted...yeye people

The hatred and phobia you have for the Igbos will consume you.
Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by Jackossky(m): 3:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
I really don't know what is wrong with you guys....don't be curbed by the webs of tribalism.....
As per youruba boy that I am
My Igbo friend ogueku...a.k a Hysent and also our gateman...Muhammad
We are all living fine,like one big family....
I don't support the killings of the Igbo people,Hausa's should have respect for others. We should have what I call religious tolerance ..why kill someone because of religion? A foreign religion at that...
In the 1880s there is nothink like that, when you trek from kano to Lagos,what would be in your mind is to establish yourself and not to plan evil against your neighbor... ...... I do pity for Nigeria as a whole
When will the people see ahead of time?..when will they know that religion is meant to guide us and not to control us? oh! my dear Nigeria. ..

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by AlphaCentauri: 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2016
EmekaBlue:
When u c chinese go to places like Sudan or somalia to base... U think its in d war front?! No..Its just biz perspective and taking advantage to make money...And i dont think ur tribe loves home d way igbos love theirs..Nobody likes to die but some are just full of heart to go dominate and make it big
bro, the chinese man is superior intellectually to the sudanese, and people no matter how crazy they are respect superior intellect. and the chinese is a different color and the chinese man is from a country that controls the world so anywhere he goes in a black country - he is seen as a mini god. so he will always be protected and nobody will mess with him and he knows that which is why he steps into any african country. the same cant be said for the igbo, you are not viewed as people with superior intellect the way a chinese is, and you are a black person like them and they feel they are more superior to you, so by going to an hausa country you are embarking on a suicide mission. plus they havent forgotten the whole saradauna and tafawa balewa issue. so why would a right thinking sane igbo man go and live in the north if he is not suicidal ?

[img]http://4.bp..com/-S8XKFjfNc1g/UCuVMMkc5nI/AAAAAAAAC0M/hnBecoBixLw/s640/Nigerian+police+man.jpg?vm=r&s=1[/img]

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by agadaone1(m): 3:42pm On Aug 04, 2016
They should leave their various businesses n come n seat in ur house abi? You try well oh
Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by AlphaCentauri: 3:52pm On Aug 04, 2016
manny4life:

This is the kind of utter rubbish that's often spilled on NL, if SE as a region has more people living and trading within it's boundaries, and that # is several times greater when compared to Lagos (the most Igbo populated state), please tell me where the "deep hatred" comes from?

As much as I don't support Igbos living up north, if it offers them better business opportunities, then that's an individual decision but alluding to a"reason" why they live among northerners as deep hatred for their people is nothing short of delusion. How can home be bad when home is making all these great strides and effort? Unless you show me that the # of people living outside Igboland is on par (not even greater) with the # living within Igboland, then and only will I take you seriously. Till then, you know nothing about Igbo dynamics, so don't speak on it.
[b]bro, am saying why would a sane right thinking igbo man go and live in the north if he is not suicidal ? just because they have black skin like you does not mean we are all the same people. same way not every man with yellow skin is the same. a china man is different from a japanese. the hausa man is a different breed of black man. he is hamitic while the igbo is shemitic. these hamitic types have a different kind of spirit on them. they are very serious minded types and are bound by their religion. these are warring people who if you read their history from thousands of years ago all they do is fight fight fight with swords. they are not like southerners who are more laid back and are not serious minded. so why would a sane person go and live amongst a tribe of people who are bound only by the knife and their religion ? you must either be
a- crazy
b- suicidal
c- where you come from in the south is so jacked up that staying in the midst of potential killers is a better option to you than going home. now pick one ?[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by Ugosample(m): 3:52pm On Aug 04, 2016
isnovic:

[b]I do not think they are wrong here.
To kill someone for the sheer fact he is Igbo does not augur well for Nigeria and anyone for that matter.

If the Northern person can claim the oil in outback of SS and SE.
If the Yorubas can claim development and the federal infrastructure built by the tills of the oils and taxes of traders, workers of igbos and non igbo alike.
Why should the Igbo not be able to claim any land where they live, pay their dues and legitimately do their business Legit business that it.

This is the same notion held since 1960 that has kept the country backward. the country tried to firewall the Igbos even as way back 1962. Just 2 years after independence.
Why? Nigerians and indeed the Northern Elite had the notion igbos where arrogant, too forward, forceful and their never-back-down spirit. These notions is still prevalent today. Instead of embracing their nature, free entrepreneurial spirit and celebrating their acceptance of one Nigeria as pronounced in the No Victor No Vanquish statement after the war.

They are rather hounded, suppressed and told to be grateful and be respectful to their hosts anywhere outside the east else they will repeat what they did in the past. A sad macabre genocide in my opinion. With the proponents still in power and majority of them alive today.

My dear, a fool dies so many times before his death.

the Igbos are dearing. It is there nature.
We all can not be the same thing.

We should tolerate our difference, as even with all their mouth or "supposed"arrogance they still move to Lagos or North to do their business because they know at the end it all about securing your life and pronounce that you are alive, since there is a silent agreement to shut-out the igbos.

They blocked them from employment in early sixties in the North.

They introduce the Quota system to curtail the numbers of igbos and indeed southernerns (including the Yorubas who were reluctant to join the Army prefering Civil services and white collar jobs instead) in the Civil services and other professions even when on merit they are clearly better then the others.
From 1966-1970 the Nigeria state under the young military officers of which the present President was the driver of the truck that picked up the killed Igbo military men in the 1966 Northern Coup and the extensive Killings of Igbos and other Southernerns in the North for the fear they are Igbos and the fear of Decree 34 announced by Agunyi Ironsi.

My dear, if you are from this tribe you will do worst after what they have been through in the hands of Nigeria.

So don't blame them.
Walk in their shoes or read their history then you will understand their angst.

I read it and i have not remained the same again as i could not reconcile my hatred against these people before now.

I sympathise with them now. We need to talk about the 1960 to 1999 Igbo conundrum for them to be at peace.[/b]

Thank you very much for your comment

Only if other ethnic groups have been through what the Igbo has faced.

But one thing I know is...... Come what may, born in every Igbo man is an unquenchable zeal to succeed, and no matter what we face, we still thrive and progress,, whether anybody likes it or not

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by CSTR12: 4:02pm On Aug 04, 2016
And you would see these coneheaded nematodes supporting this madness, shouting one naijeria and death to biafra like deranged animals on nairaland.
Useless animals.
Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by michelz: 4:06pm On Aug 04, 2016
Rexnegro:
Are You in my head? Asking because You Have said everything I had in mind to say then I saw Your comment And was like wow, You got me There....nice one bro...maybe they tink na all tribe go fit accept There nonsense The ways peaceful yoruba people do.
I read comments like yours and that of the person you quoted and I shake my head in pity for you and your likes.
It's unfortunate you guys have still not learnt how these things work - how life works.
I'll give some instances:
(1). You remember some years back when Boko haram was targeting mainly Christians in the north? You recall how a lot of northerners were playing politics with it and even indirectly supporting them? Not until Boko Haram started attacking northern muslims that northern elites became worried and started speaking out.

(2) Same thing with the Fulani herdsmen menace. it has now started affecting northern states,so northerners are now speaking out loud against it.

(3) same thing with Niger delta militancy.
The Southwest people were making derogatory remarks such as yours and that of the person you quoted until it came calling at their door steps,and they now started running helter skelter..

(4) Do you also remember the Linda Ikeji/Whizkid saga?
You remember how a lot of people were all over the place abusing Linda even when it was very obvious Whizkid went to the extreme by abusing her verbally,threatening to beat her up,thereby passing a message to people that it's ok to abuse women?
What happened then? A couple of days later,Tbills took to the media and publicly insulted and denigrated Tiwa,his wife.

(5) You recall how some people were insulting Onyeka Onwenu and Igbos in general after she complained that she was removed because of her ethnicity?
Well,few days later,a southwesterner ( I think) was also removed and he/she came out and started complaining bitterly the same thing Onyeka Onwenu said.

I can go on and on..
But all I'm trying to say is: what is bad is bad. Rid yourself of tribalism when judging what is wrong or right.
It may be the Igbos today protesting against the killings of their people,tomorrow might be another tribe.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by Kaysalas(m): 4:20pm On Aug 04, 2016
madenigga:
I tk back all i said b4, and all i say is God of heaven, u know the beginning and the end, u are the only God who made the impossible possible, who used a small boy with a catapult to kill a fierce giant, who used a man with a donkeys jaw bone to kill an arm, who led the people of isreal tru d red sea on dry land.
Who sent his son down to die for our salvation, igbos are the only tribe that u choose not to become muslims and u know why, if this is ur will then let ur will be done.
Clean the eyes of those who sober nd give them joy to show there agressors that u are the one nd only living God.
Did I hear you say "u take back"? Take back the several rubbish you have typed and posted on naira land, take back the insults & trash u have been spewing since which has even been quoted several times over. I pity u & ur fellow tribal champs, NAIRALAND THREADS WILL BE OPENED ON THE JUDGEMENT DAY. wink You know what that means
Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by EmekaBlue(m): 4:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
cheesy so u c chinese like mini god and a black man as not intellectual.. Funny...In all u wrote terrorist or killers even c a foreign person as bigger meat either to kidnap for ransom or kill to make media hyping of d group..In other words I dnt c d good point in all u said except knowing d fact that d Hausa peeps r killers..that's were u r right
AlphaCentauri:
bro, the chinese man is superior intellectually to the sudanese, and people no matter how crazy they are respect superior intellect. and the chinese is a different color and the chinese man is from a country that controls the world so anywhere he goes in a black country - he is seen as a mini god. so he will always be protected and nobody will mess with him and he knows that which is why he steps into any african country. the same cant be said for the igbo, you are not viewed as people with superior intellect the way a chinese is, and you are a black person like them and they feel they are more superior to you, so by going to an hausa country you are embarking on a suicide mission. plus they havent forgotten the whole saradauna and tafawa balewa issue. so why would a right thinking sane igbo man go and live in the north if he is not suicidal ?

[img]http://4.bp..com/-S8XKFjfNc1g/UCuVMMkc5nI/AAAAAAAAC0M/hnBecoBixLw/s640/Nigerian+police+man.jpg?vm=r&s=1[/img]
Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by Fizzyflex(m): 4:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
olaitoro:

i wu ezi ohia,
may justice be deprived from you and your house hood.
Amen
Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by AlphaCentauri: 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
EmekaBlue:
cheesy so u c chinese like mini god and a black man as not intellectual.. Funny...In all u wrote terrorist or killers even c a foreign person as bigger meat either to kidnap for ransom or kill to make media hyping of d group..In other words I dnt c d good point in all u said except knowing d fact that d Hausa peeps r killers..that's were u r right
not me, africans generally. you go to sheraton hotel now and try to buy a drink and let a china man come behind you, they will tell you to move over so they can serve the chinaman first. it is what it is. picture dont lie

Re: Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen by zanga420: 4:50pm On Aug 04, 2016
wecan:
No be only preotest , make una leave north u no hear. Stewpid people
make they leave nigeria n stay on their own una no wan gree.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Tests Positive To COVID-19 / Wike: Our Preferred Candidate Is A Man Of Integrity. No PDP If G5 Is Expelled / President Tinubu Receives Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal, Global Chairman, Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.