Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,776 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:59 AM

*MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc - Business (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc (91922 Views)

Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 / How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / Lady Ordered For A Transparent Chair On Amazon And Got This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
jbhv:
Base on experiences, what is the best format to publish on KDP? I guess the system was suggesting word over pdf but I prefer the later.

Best for me is to use Html. It is better because it compresses your document. Never forget, thr higher your file size, the bigger your delivery charges. It will take away from your income a little.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros12345: 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2017
AncientTimes:

Best for me is to use Html. It is better because it compresses your document. Never forget, thr higher your file size, the bigger your delivery charges. It will take away from your income a little.

No need for all that Tech stuff unless you have the time and can do it well. Just save your work as..doc

Select save as, then look for MS 2003 or so and save the work and upload. Don't give yourself unnecessary assignment. Spend more time creating content
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 8:50pm On Jan 10, 2017
jbhv:
Base on experiences, what is the best format to publish on KDP? I guess the system was suggesting word over pdf but I prefer the later.

On this email list thing, how do you do that. Do you do it though Amazon author Central or you have a website where you do that.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 8:52pm On Jan 10, 2017
bros1234:
Once again, gentle men and ladies, do whatever it takes to build this business. You earn even when you are not working. This to me is the best definition of passive income. In Nov and December 2016, I did not write any book, but I earned about $1,000 plus in November and over $1,400 in Dec (all markets combined, including CreateSpace).

It's just 9 days gone in January 2017 and I have already crossed $600 in kindle and $150 in CreateSpace (See screenshot below). Yet no book written this year yet. I now have over 150 subcribers from people who read my books in my new email list created to get emails of people who may be interested in my future books.

I will advise, if you have a passion for writing and creating content, then this is a business to start, learn, grow and persist. My goal this year is to create 50-80 new books. God help me. So while you are chasing other forms of making money, like MMM, UC, etc, work on this. If your books are not selling now, just continue to create quality content, continue to learn of your audience, give yourself 5 years in this business and you may earn quality income for life from them.

When I started in August last year (2016), I didn't know I would sell many books. My desire was to write the books and have them on Amazon. To be proud that my books are on Amazon. So initially, when they weren't selling, I just kept writing. Today, two of my books have been marked as bestsellers by amazon in their category. Many of my books are still struggling, but that's their business. I will create more, because God has called me to provide solution to people using my writing and information collation ability.

Once again, welcome to a Year we must flourish, no matter what our economy does.

On this email list thing, how do you do that? Do you do gather mailing list through Amazon author Central or do you do it through your website or a blog?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 7:02am On Jan 11, 2017
AncientTimes:

On this email list thing, how do you do that? Do you do gather mailing list through Amazon author Central or do you do it through your website or a blog?

I do it through my blog. Inside all my books, I have a section (usually in the 3rd or 4th page of the book) where I offer them 4 free books if they will click and go to my website and signup to download them.That gets me like 4-5 signups daily
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 8:54pm On Jan 11, 2017
bros1234:

I do it through my blog. Inside all my books, I have a section (usually in the 3rd or 4th page of the book) where I offer them 4 free books if they will click and go to my website and signup to download them.That gets me like 4-5 signups daily

Okay sir. I don't think I am ready for that yet.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 12, 2017
@AncientTimes, I printed the cover for my book last night for create space. I observed that the design stretched beyond the black dotted line of the template along the length of the book. The breadth of the book is okay, I guess.
Do you think it is ok at for submission that way or I may need to readjust the design across the length of the cover?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 4:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
Joseid:
@AncientTimes, I printed the cover for my book last night for create space. I observed that the design stretched beyond the black dotted line of the template along the length of the book. The breadth of the book is okay, I guess.
Do you think it is ok at for submission that way or I may need to readjust the design across the length of the cover?

You are good to go if the size meets their requirements. Don't worry. I submit most of my covers like that. Beside that, ensure that you turn of the guide or deleted the template your downloaded from createspace once you are done before submitting it to creastpace. If you don't, they will reject it.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 4:44pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hello, House.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 7:28am On Jan 13, 2017
AncientTimes:
Hello, House. I wrote a book. Can anyone in the post a review on Amazon? . If you can, I will. Appreciate it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N21NCBU

I love the book. Why do you put the title all in caps. It should be in initial caps
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 8:26am On Jan 13, 2017
bros1234:

I love the book. Why do you put the title all in caps. It should be in initial caps

Okay sir, I will work on it. But I there a better way to improve sales. I hope to promote this book by Next Week. Then watch and see and how it will happen.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 13, 2017
AncientTimes:
Hello, House. I wrote a book. Can anyone in the post a review on Amazon? . If you can, I will. Appreciate it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N21NCBU
Can't post any review but I'd say the cover looks good.
Erm... should one really worry about using any kind of image? I read somewhere that one should use only royalty free image. Is that an issue?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 2:38pm On Jan 13, 2017
Joseid:
Can't post any review but I'd say the cover looks good.
Erm... should one really worry about using any kind of image? I read somewhere that one should use only royalty free image. Is that an issue?

Yes, one should worry about that. I got this picture from pixabay, it is a royalty free image.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 10:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
AncientTimes:

Yes, one should worry about that. I got this picture from pixabay, it is a royalty free image.

Ancient Times, you are really doing good. kEEP IT UP. Write more books
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 4:01am On Jan 14, 2017
bros1234:

Ancient Times, you are really doing good. kEEP IT UP. Write more books

Thank you so much. That book, on blood type diet is number 3, in two categories. However, only one sale. It has made the New Hot Release list in Two categories yet, waiting for sales to trick in mass. It ranking this morning is 40,000. Waiting for sales. However, I proceed on research for my next book.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 10:28pm On Jan 15, 2017
Joseid:

Were you able to submit the cover, what happened how did it go? Did CreateSpace accepted it?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
AncientTimes:

Were you able to submit the cover, what happened how did it go? Did CreateSpace accepted it?
Happy Sunday bro.
To your question, not yet.
My system has been giving me issues of a late. But not to worry as I will try finish everything. All together, I have like three books for Amazon. None on create space. I will upload them all this week.
I'm not yet done with the fresh one I'm working on, about 65 pages already. Still got something's to include.
I seem to have lots of things on my hands this month
By the way, that software refused to install. I had to use dopdf.com as recommended earlier to test run the covers I have.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 6:02am On Jan 16, 2017
Joseid:
Happy Sunday bro.
To your question, not yet.
My system has been giving me issues of a late. But not to worry as I will try finish everything. All together, I have like three books for Amazon. None on create space. I will upload them all this week.
I'm not yet done with the fresh one I'm working on, about 65 pages already. Still got something's to include.
I seem to have lots of things on my hands this month
By the way, that software refused to install. I had to use dopdf.com as recommended earlier to test run the covers I have.

Great you are doing a great job. For me, I personally believe that we just need to keep publishing more books. However, with the books we have, we still can make more money. You can keep writing them. How about, the formatting of the work. Did you get around formatting of the book interior? Concerning the cover, which software did you say never work? It is Foxit software? That was what I was using before now. However, I have changed from that and now I am using DoPdf8. It is the best in my personal experience as long as covers, printing for createspace is concerned. Its print in the highest quality that I know of. I have printed picture books and do pdf gave me excellent quality. In fact, by the mercies of God, creastpace rarely gives me any problem anymore. They have not rejected my file or cover for a long time now. But when I first started, one of my cover was a rejected about 4 times. Discouraging? Yes, but I over came all the way. Keep working at it, you will get there one day. I used to see createspace as one venture I could not do. But praise God, I can teach someone from cover design to book formatting. I praise God.

NOTE: if your book over is less than 101 pages, don't put spine text, it will be rejected.

God bless you.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 8:26am On Jan 17, 2017
At Op, today I was surprised to check on my book and save what amazon createsoace attached to it. The book has been there for a while. But I check today and noticed that it is No 1 New Release. Amazon has attached that badge to it. Exciting. Yesterday, the paper back sold some copies. This is really encouraging for me. The niche on anger management is really and overcrowded one, with celebrity authors. But when I checked today, the book is No. 42 in that niche. I am encouraged to produce more books thought work not been allowing me. Thanks for the thread and God bless a you.

2 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 10:30am On Jan 17, 2017
Mr. OP. thank you for opening this thread. My book on anger management achieved a small fit. I noticed that Amazon has given it an orange status or badge with the badge "#1 New Release." Though I am still expecting the Kindle version to sell more copies, but so far, the paper back has been performing well than the others. It has sold some few copies. It is now #42 in the anger management nice.

Then my second book, ........ Diet is still number #1 on the New Hot Release it in the 2 categories i listed it. Then in the paid rank, it just hit number 2 in..... diet sub niche and number 3 in another sub niche. There is no greater encouragement than this. I will strife more for qualities books.

Op, God bless you for this thread. I will keep on, one day and soon, I will be hiring my Goal of a thousand dollars monthly from KDP.

2 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 4:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
AncientTimes:
Mr. OP. thank you for opening this thread. My book on anger management achieved a small fit. I noticed that Amazon has given it an orange status or badge with the badge "#1 New Release." Though I am still expecting the Kindle version to sell more copies, but so far, the paper back has been performing well than the others. It has sold some few copies. It is now #42 in the anger management nice.

Then my second book, The Blood Type Diet is still number #1 on the New Hot Release it in the 2 categories i listed it. Then in the paid rank, it just hit number 2 in blood type diet sub niche and number 3 in another sub niche. There is no greater encouragement than this. I will strife more for qualities books.

Op, God bless you for this thread. I will keep on, one day and soon, I will be hiring my Goal of a thousand dollars monthly from KDP.

Congratulations bro. Like I said, you are doing so well. Make sure all your books have paperback versions. CreateSpace will attach the paperback near the kindle. Thats how it works.

Pls dont forget, write more. Keep writing. Thats the key. Imagine if you have 50 books on Amazon this year. Imagine that.

I'm glad that you can now see that what I'm saying is true.

I need deliverance from laziness. Have not written anything this year. Lol

More blessings.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 17, 2017
@AncientTimes, keeping going bruh. Can you send me any of your create space final design for book covers? I'd just like to get one for comparison with the one I'm working on. Thanks.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
bros1234:

Congratulations bro. Like I said, you are doing so well. Make sure all your books have paperback versions. CreateSpace will attach the paperback near the kindle. Thats how it works.

Pls dont forget, write more. Keep writing. Thats the key. Imagine if you have 50 books on Amazon this year. Imagine that.

More blessings.

cheesy Yet, the money flows in.
This is the real advantage of this work.
You really motivate us boss.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 5:14pm On Jan 17, 2017
Joseid:
@AncientTimes, keeping going bruh.
Can you send me any of your create space final design for book covers?
I'd just like to get one for comparison with the one I'm working on.
Thanks.

The essence of this thread is for us to help one another. So please @AncientTimes, help a brother. Pls kindly send him what he has requested.

Blessings
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 9:14pm On Jan 17, 2017
bros1234:

More blessings.

Thank Bro, this thing is working. It is true and I am beginning to see the blessings of God in this business. My goal this month of January is to make 500 dollars. Then February, I want to make 1500. The is big, but I know that is possible. But for you Op, you have been doing great. You have reached a big stage of publishing and that is why you don't have to worry. Even if you don't write much, I know that you will cross, the 4000 mark soon. However, I wanted to ask you, how does Amazon do their payment. It is monthly or after two two months?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 9:18pm On Jan 17, 2017
Joseid:
@AncientTimes, keeping going bruh.
Can you send me any of your create space final design for book covers?
I'd just like to get one for comparison with the one I'm working on.
Thanks.

Okay, send me a pm with your email and I will send you the cover.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 18, 2017
AncientTimes:

Okay, send me a pm with your email and I will send you the cover.
My mail is giving me issues.
Kindly send it to me on whatsapp. I've included my phone number in my signature for that purpose.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 11:37am On Jan 18, 2017
Joseid:
My mail is giving me issues.
Kindly send it to me on whatsapp. I've included my phone number in my signature for that purpose.

But I didn't see your phone number there. It never showed up. May be you need to resend another one.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 18, 2017
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 21, 2017
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by GoldPencil: 3:20pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hello everyone. From the stables of #BadCreativ3 books, I am pleased to inform you of the impending arrival of the book Juuro: The Night Key.

I'm willing to link you to where you can grab a free copy as soon as it drops.

Please feel free to dm me your email addresses on twitter, if you are interested. The handle is @BadCreativ3 #Juuro #TheNightKey #TNK #BadCreative

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 5:19pm On Jan 21, 2017
Joseid:
Hello everyone. It's a beautiful weekend.
A new book of mine just went live this morning
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01NAVKS3K/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484995765&sr=8-1&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=What+every+guy+ought+to+know+about+dating+jeff+nichols
Any encouragement?
Now, I have looked at your book and I will say well done. However, you use a title that you want. Your title should be key words based. I mean, never determine what the title of your book is until you have done a thorough research. Allow your market to dictates your title for you. If you do a search on keywords, in your chosen category, you will discover that dating tips, dating advice for men, or women will be there. So you can Put a title along the lines of your keywords. Some thing like this — DATING: The Effective Dating tips for men and women.

Doing this means you have captured about 3 keywords in our title. The reason is, one of the greatest searchable field is your title and sub-title. They will help you to be shown or discovered. Again, I dont know what keywords you used. But I didn't see you using your keyword in your description. If you use your keywords there, it will increase the chances of a Amazon search Engine displaying your book once your keyword is searched.

For those in Romance and novel category, what they need is nothing more than using amazon keywords to enter into many categories as possible because romance and other novels don't do much searches like for those in non-fiction categories. In your case however, because your work is non fiction, your chances of making sales will increase once your book can be displayed on the first page of the search engine.
Ensure to use Contrasting colours for your title to stand out.

I leave this words of wisdom with you: "The greatest first for every non-fiction writer is the fight for discoverability" .

That is my little observation. Great job. We are all leaning. God help us all.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (42) (Reply)

Shipping From China To Nigeria / How To Make Money Online Legitimately Here In Nigeria / Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.