Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child (27857 Views)

What I Noticed In My Neighborhood / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by lovediehatelive(m): 9:15pm On Jul 26, 2023
So I decided to spend the weekend at my uncle's place because it has been many years I went there.

In the midnight, around 1am, I heard the television was on and I thought he forget to put it off.

So I went to the living room only to see his son of about 4-5 years old watching cartoon. I was shocked and asked him to go and sleep, which he grudgingly agreed.

Now, early morning around 5am or so, same thing happened. I want to the living room and saw him there.

This time he refused to go to bed.

I later found out that's how he does. I wonder if he ever sleeps at night.

The parents are not even bothered, but I'm worried. When we were growing up, who are you to stay awake past 9pm watching TV? Not to talk about waking up at night. Even in the day time you better not be caught idling away on front of the TV when others are busy.

This one just comes to the living room anytime he likes and puts on the TV.

Is this how kids of nowadays behave?

136 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by LandMann: 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2023
That's how addiction starts. He's addicted to the cartoons and his parents are too nonchalant to notice.

Modified
Please parents and guardians of children, do take care to moderate the screen time of your children so that their brains can develop properly and they'll have the ability to concentrate properly.

While colourful cartoons with songs are cheap to get, attractive and capable of keeping children engaged, they also are capable of making children develop short attention span when used excessively.

A better option to try is hard coloured cartoon books... Read to your child and show them the pictures from the book. Let them develop the habit of reading.

God bless all parents out there and give you all knowledge, wisdom and resources to raise children capable of uplifting Nigeria and the world.

267 Likes 17 Shares

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2023
His parents failed him

205 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2023
LandMann:
That's how addiction starts. He's addicted to the cartoons and his parents are too nonchalant to to notice.
Failed parenting

176 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by lovediehatelive(m): 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2023
LandMann:
That's how addiction starts. He's addicted to the cartoons and his parents are too nonchalant to to notice.

It's terrible. I fear for his future

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by izonborn098(m): 9:19pm On Jul 26, 2023
It is good to pet lover or child'' but everything has limit. After now he will indulge in other bad things since nobody cares, if he begin to use phone that is where the main problem will come.
This same lifestyle spoil my uncle's second son, that guy now always on colos. U can't give ur child 100% freedom in the name of pet' caution him when necessary.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by ahnie: 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2023
Na as dem take train ham!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by illicit(m): 9:22pm On Jul 26, 2023
That boy will hate u sha

21 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Franzinni: 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2023
The ability to say NO is one of the greatest tools in the life of an individual... The parents are clueless of the wrong they are doing to that kid.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 26, 2023
This your title is fear-inducing, as if the child is in some kinda danger.

As for the child's TV-watching, it's up to his parents to parent him. If they want to spoil him and let him do what he wants at 5-years old, that's their prerogative. They're the ones who will suffer the consequences lateron when they can no longer control him.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Nice2023(m): 10:01pm On Jul 26, 2023
U are right man.

My brother's children used to stay awake all night playing games and during the day,the house will be very calm and quiet ,meaning they are sleeping.

Modern day parenting is the reason some children abuse adults at will.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by DevilishMan: 10:09pm On Jul 26, 2023
Only poor man fit come somebody house dey set rules.

60 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Tinububalls: 10:19pm On Jul 26, 2023
How does he pay attention in class?
One of the reasons children do go to bed early, is to have a clear mind in class the next day.
That child will turn out to be an olodo.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Kobojunkie: 10:19pm On Jul 26, 2023
lovediehatelive:
So I decided to spend the weekend at my uncle's place because it has been many years I went there.
In the midnight, around 1am, I heard the television was on and I thought he forget to put it off.
So I went to the living room only to see his son of about 4-5 years old watching cartoon. I was shocked and asked him to go and sleep, which he grudgingly agreed.
Now, early morning around 5am or so, same thing happened. I want to the living room and saw him there. This time he refused to go to bed.
The parents are not even bothered, but I'm worried. When we were growing up, who are you to stay awake past 9pm watching TV? Not to talk about waking up at night. Even in the day time you better not be caught idling away on front of the TV when others are busy.
This one just comes to the living room anytime he likes and puts on the TV.Is this how kids of nowadays behave?
This isn't how kids behave. Rather, your uncle and his wife are irresponsible parents. At that age, kids still need approximately 10 hours of sleep each night to help them build their brain and mind. Imagine a grown up functioning that way to understand how terrible what those two are doing to that kid is. undecided

https://www.psypost.org/2023/07/parent-set-bedtimes-result-in-healthier-sleep-patterns-for-adolescents-study-finds-167009

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2023
Exodus15v11:

As for the child's TV-watching, it's up to his parents to parent him. If they want to spoil him and let him do what he wants at 5-years old, that's their prerogative. They're the ones who will suffer the consequences lateron when they can no longer control him
That innocent child will suffer too. undecided

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by fyzaila: 11:07pm On Jul 26, 2023
Please speak to his parents. This habit will surely affect his mental health.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Khd95(m): 11:38pm On Jul 26, 2023
You dare not stay outside the house when it’s past 6, better go look for where you go sleep that night, that was how I was trained

And once my dad don watch news of 9 on air then with our box black and white tv, na make everyon disperse go their rooms go sleep, sometime my older siblings stay up later into the night to watch movies, but my dad always take me away from them that if my brothers no even pursue me go sleep be that oo

Parents of these days are too lazy and non chalants towards their children/ward

Like in this boy’s case, don’t the parents wake at night to check on it or take him to pee?

As for just leave the boy, the era of everyone discipline a child is over, if you try harder to correct him or stop him youat have issues with the parents and the boy may antagonize you

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by rickleye: 12:46am On Jul 27, 2023
lovediehatelive:

Now, early morning around 5am or so, same thing happened. I want to the living room and saw him there.

Easy, I’ll pull out the plug after 9pm and change the battery polarity.
They have failed that child and when he’s older and is playing games and his parents want to discipline him he would call the cops

6 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by id4sho(m): 1:14am On Jul 27, 2023
That's how I met one babe, she behaves like toy, to much cartoon grin

12 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Kobojunkie: 1:35am On Jul 27, 2023
id4sho:
That's how I met one babe, she behaves like toy, to much cartoon grin
That is an entirely different situation from this. There is nothing wrong with being an Otaku. But there's everything wrong with what OP described. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by xtivin(m): 4:18am On Jul 27, 2023
lovediehatelive:

Na their type dey sleep for class. Poor parenting

8 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by BenedictAbajue(m): 6:17am On Jul 27, 2023
This world is changing everyday. What the heck is accelerating this change?

10 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Foodqueen(f): 7:32am On Jul 27, 2023
With time he will soon find solace in other adult channels.

18 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Maxxim: 9:54am On Jul 27, 2023
That's me in my childhood

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Meteng: 10:42am On Jul 27, 2023
Exodus15v11:

As for the child's TV-watching, it's up to his parents to parent him. If they want to spoil him and let him do what he wants at 5-years old, that's their prerogative. They're the ones who will suffer the consequences lateron when they can no longer control him.
At a point, others outside will suffer too when he’s done with his parents

22 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Almiron: 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2023
Let the young boy breathe

Agbaya ni e….

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2023
He will be very dull in school.

8 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Wkaay(m): 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
Spoilt brat

6 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Drsnives(m): 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
Small stout will do the magic..
What am I even saying self
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Kobicove(m): 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
The boy's parents are over-indulging him.

Parents should know when to set boundaries for little kids!

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Somebody Is Trying To Molest My Neighbour's Six-Year-Old Daughter / Couple Expecting Twins Welcome Triplets After 9 Years Of Waiting (Photos) / Nigerian Couple Welcomes Triplets After 6 Years Of Infertility & Adopting A Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.