Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) (1804 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Nairalanders !!! Ahcilies Need Your Urgent Adivce / Pls I Need Ur Adivce Abt My GF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by Gabry(f): 2:57pm On Sep 22, 2009
WOW! Im lazy to read now shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by no1madman(m): 2:58pm On Sep 22, 2009
posakosa:

hahahahaaha! are you sure u're Nigerian ?!

Oooo da mo!
Alakoba
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by whitelexi(m): 3:00pm On Sep 22, 2009
posakosa:

hahahahaaha! are you sure u're Nigerian ?!

Oooo da mo!

I know naija men can do and undo, i've seen a few of them do their things in london grin grin grin
But that is a very tiny minority and they're prone to getting caught at the end of the day. . . I just dont think the OP has enough to start worrying about this guy. Find out more about him and then make your decisions, but don't make it look like a murder scene
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by NobiGod: 3:01pm On Sep 22, 2009
nope all sampling has been done in hotel (nice hotels not that it makes much difference) but he
wouldn't even come in my house when invited.

Seem he's playing with sis, u r a fling.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by posakosa(m): 3:02pm On Sep 22, 2009
no1madman:

Alakoba

gbe enu e soun, shey gbogbo enu ni mo fi soro ni, omo na o le so ede ile wa, ko dake enu e si be, <psscheeew>

ki ni mo tie so na, to tin soro! Oshi,
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by posakosa(m): 3:03pm On Sep 22, 2009
NobiGod:

nope all sampling has been done in hotel (nice hotels not that it makes much difference) but he
wouldn't even come in my house when invited.

Seem he's playing with sis, u r a fling.

Well said. Well said.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by Allta(m): 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2009
If he's got something to hide at home for OP, then why doesn't he want to go to OP's house?

Seriously, if the guy is not pursuing something, something is surely pursuing him. Like someone mentioned sha, force him to come visit your place. If he resists, you might have to just let go, he's not worth it my darling sista.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by sexyLeamon(f): 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2009
there probably has nothing to do with you personally and everything to do with him. the way you describe dis guy as being so good, ha then u better reexamine hm. If he seems all perfect except for this mysterious never-ending home secret, than this guy probably looks perfect because he is hiding all his dirt. its only two things, he is embarrassed about where he lives or how his place looks or he is cheating on you! You need to wait for him to leave, act like your going out somewhere or to sleep and follow him to his house. See who comes in and out or just find out where he lives and go back another night to get some information from him. You can even tell him your having a gift or card delivered and need his address. Or you could see who answers his house phone if he has one, just play it smart.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by natashi: 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2009
I don't want to resort to following him, got way to much on my plate to be stalking someone. I got school, work, all the above. If I need to go crazy to find out about a guy then I just let the guy go its not worth breaking my cool. I really just want a way to talk to him about it, every time it comes up its like some of the people that post , why is the house a big deal? Really when it comes down to it I didn't want to possibly break up with someone because of something that may be rooted in there culture. But from what it seems like this is not normal behavior in Nigerian culture. Now I post this question to you guys , best way to talk to him with out sounding like a nagging crazy person , because this is something I have never had to even bring up with a guy. Never came accross this issue.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by natashi: 6:58pm On Sep 22, 2009
also reply to the fling comment: Seems like you are a fling
I would totally understand if I got that vibe except duded was quick to say we are in a relationship: He pushed off the gate. Yet you may be right he could just be saying that and I am infact just a fling.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by unfaded(m): 11:15am On Sep 23, 2009
Natashi, dis guy go soon fashi u, it doesnt add up.well off guy+he's single&30 sumtin+he has aroom mate+can afford luxury hotels=word problem?
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by 8words(m): 3:00pm On Sep 23, 2009
my sister continue dating him don't worry some guys are like that. Like me i don't go to my g/f house even when she invite me to her house.Everything do it at hotel. what the guy is doing is my life so i don't consider it as any thing.OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by NobiGod: 3:20pm On Sep 23, 2009
8 words:

my sister continue dating him don't worry some guys are like that. Like me i don't go to my g/f house even when she invite me to her house.Everything do it at hotel. what the guy is doing is my life so i don't consider it as any thing.OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

THIS IS LAME MAN, RELATIONSHIP LIKE YOURS AND NATASHA DOESN'T LAST THAT'S IF IT'S DESCRIBE AS ONE. IT SMACK OF AN HIGH SCHOOL ROMANCE, TOO BIG FOR SUCH.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by natashi: 7:29pm On Sep 23, 2009
got a point it seems very highschool, but if something I learned is not to judge someone coming from a different culture by your cultural views, understanding is needed. THat is why I posted to make sure that this wasn't a cultural issue. Just trying to make sure I make the right next move ya know.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by NobiGod: 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2009
natashi:

got a point it seems very highschool, but if something I learned is not to judge someone coming from a different culture by your cultural views, understanding is needed. THat is why I posted to make sure that this wasn't a cultural issue. Just trying to make sure I make the right next move ya know.

U are just trying to avoid the truth at all cost sista. I was of the impression those of western culture appreciate the truth. The manner U kept saying African culture as if we are that backward, says more about U than the truth u claimed u seek. If u should know, we adore women (the chosen ones) to a fault. Again, U are a play thing.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by natashi: 10:54pm On Sep 23, 2009
never had much dealing with african culture, getting information is not trying to close yourself off from the truth, I may be a play thing but at lest I felt like I got all my facts straight, nothing worse then confronting someone on the issue and them saying this is part of my culture, which has already happened with an issue of him getting jealous. He said where he comes from men and women are not casual friends, So should I yell and cuss him out or try and understand where he is coming from. Plus dude I am not saying anything about anyones culture being backwards, I am just saying different cultures have different ways of doing things. For example, my best friend is Asian and she is 29 taking care of her grandma and great grandma. In my point of view this should be her dads and his wifes responsibility, However in her culture it is the responsibilty of the first born. Who is right and who is wrong, no one just different view points and there is not a darn thing wrong with that wink by I agree with you if it is not a cultural issue then I am just a fling or play thing and I gotta get out because I know in my heart that I am worth more than being some dudes mistress, just wish people where more honest in life but hey life goes on
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by NobiGod: 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2009
I admit I was a bit hard on u, and is usually not my style. I wish u the very best.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by natashi: 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2009
Thank you, Don't worry about I appreciate everyones advice and honesty. You guys are great and I will keep you posted on how the talk goes, (having the conversatoin on friday) LOL.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by touchmeder: 9:34pm On Sep 24, 2009
5months never been to his place
coming over to your place sounds like a big deal cos he does not want to
you want to hit the sack you go to a good hotel! lipsrsealed
it has nothing to do with culture to me
it does not make sense, i think ure bin played. smiley
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by agathamari(f): 3:40pm On Sep 25, 2009
follow him home and knock on the door. once someone answers it then let your self in
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by Fiona0007: 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2009
^^ and you gonna bill her out from the police station?
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by Naveah: 11:51pm On Oct 01, 2009
Can I tell u the honest truth? This man is hiding something, definately. One thing about Nigerian men is that they are good at lying and hiding things. Not in a bad way, but just to avoid hurting you.

Culture has nothing to do with it. I've been dating my Nigerian boyfriend for almost 2 months and I stay at his house at least twice a week. Any normal man would bring his girl back to his place, its seems weird why anyone wouldnt.

Check him out and confront him!
Re: Dating A Nigerian Man Need Adivce (help) by 8words(m): 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2009
Gbam okwu.let me tell you something abt nigerian guys.Igbo guys can never open there heart to non-igbo girls until you agree to marry him. IF it is Yoruba or other parts of nigeria. they can tell you everything within two hours.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Being With One Girlfriend Is Boring / Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: / Should I Leave Him!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.