Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,572 members, 7,823,489 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. (28947 Views)

Taio Cruz Celebrates His 31st Birthday Today! / Taio Cruz Celebrates His 30th Birthday / The Trouble With Women: Taio Cruz, 27, Musician (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by zerocool(m): 3:22pm On Sep 22, 2009
This cute dude has got a #1 single titled 'Break Your Heart' on the UK chart currently. He is half Nigerian (Dad) and half Brazilian (Mum).
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by rapjunkie(m): 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2009
Fu*k Taio Cruz. . . . . . he only thinks white girls are pretty and doesnt put black girls in his videos claiming they are not 'hot'.

Selling his fu*king soul to get a no.1 hit.

mess TAIO CRUZ!!!!!!!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by rapjunkie(m): 4:38pm On Sep 22, 2009
taio cruz is a gay fish
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by frijos(m): 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2009
@rapjunkie mane ur views are powerfully strong! u and Taio get issues in the past ni? lol cool

1 Like

Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by eldee(m): 8:13pm On Sep 22, 2009
frijos:

@rapjunkie mane your views are powerfully strong! u and Taio get issues in the past ni? lol cool

grin grin grin grin grin

I was scared too . . . abi e big pass video girls ni?? cheesy
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by okeey(m): 8:32am On Sep 23, 2009
nice eldee
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by rapjunkie(m): 12:09pm On Sep 23, 2009
taio cruz is a Arrow
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by dipo2much(m): 12:09am On Sep 24, 2009
Taio could [b]cru[/b]i[b]z[/b]e into the atlantic for all i care
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Amigoz(f): 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2009
Hezz a cutie cheesy

Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Shaz(f): 12:45am On Sep 25, 2009
rapjunkie:

taio cruz is a gay fish

Southpark done do u strong tin . .lol

@OP, okay. . . knew that. .
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by mamagee6(f): 12:48am On Sep 25, 2009
Good for him/her.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by taleen: 3:49pm On Sep 26, 2009
hi am taleen.am a nigerian and am nineteen.am a very good music instrumental producer and i will like to be pyblished as one smileywill be glad if you can
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by sillyme(f): 1:11pm On Oct 07, 2009
he's a gay fish for sure. gay fish with droopy fish lips.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 21, 2010
You guys are just jelous, simple.
The guy is young, talented, successful and handsome.
Give credit to where it is due. He is flying Nigerias flag high. His father is a lawyer and still married to his brazilian hairdresser mother.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 21, 2010
Credit indeed well he has shown thus far that he disregards black women so he will not be getting money from my pocket.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by riversman: 10:52pm On Jan 21, 2010
sorry mate - He aint flying Nigerian FLAG high nada, he was quick to only highlight his Brazilliand heritage wen he was in LA recently, i called him out on his BS, cos my friends asked him if he was Nigerian and he said am british, I said but your dad is naija and I met his dad on a BA flight from niaja,

His dad kept mouthing about this son of his that is the HOPE for nigeria's rebranding,, PLEASE!!!!

GAY FISH!!!!!!!!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by sophy09: 2:13am On Jan 22, 2010
I still don't get it why nigerian guys are quick to disown nigeria when they get to be top shots. take seal for example he never claimed to be nigerian. Wyclef is from Haiti and he is proud of his country with all the poverty and the earthquake going on he stood by his country. why can't we nigerians be like that? Are we ashamed of ourselves?
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by yjay(f): 9:43am On Jan 22, 2010
sophy09:

I still don't get it why nigerian guys are quick to disown nigeria when they get to be top shots. take seal for example he never claimed to be nigerian.  Wyclef is from Haiti and he is proud of his country with all the poverty and the earthquake going on he stood by his country. why can't we nigerians be like that? Are we ashamed of ourselves?

i think hes definitely in touch with his nigerian roots, his kids ve nigerian names, he ddnt ve to give them one, i remember when heidi went on ellen's show & she just had her baby then, she proudly told the world her baby's name which was ademide or ade something & even explained what it meant & why he was given the name,
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by atilla(m): 1:30pm On Jan 22, 2010
guessed this before,

wondering where the name cruz came from if his dad is nigerian, maybe he took his mums name?
when I heard Taio first time, i guessed he was naija Tayo and probably changed it to Taio.

song makes him sound like a wan.ker but well, good luck to him
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by sjeezy8: 9:05pm On Jan 22, 2010
Nigerians have the surname name Cruz from Lagos and his dad is probably a Lagosian-brazilian while his mom is just a brazilian.

Seal is the same as Taio  (tayo)- people just get it mixed up because they dont have yoruba last names
and seals children with heidi all have yoruba middle names.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 22, 2010
How did he disown Nigeria?
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 22, 2010
I pray he is not Nigerian.

Saw on him The Wright's show sometime last year. Not only is this guy a dawdler he is also a dullard.

Dude, had absolutely no opinion on any of the issues raised.
What da hell. I felt embarrased for him.

At a point, the Matthew Wright stopped asking him questions.

What a plonker he is!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by eldee(m): 9:51pm On Jan 22, 2010
OMO IBO:

I pray he is not Nigerian.

Saw on him The Wright's show sometime last year. Not only is this guy a dawdler he is also a dullard.

Dude, had absolutely no opinion on any of the issues raised.
What da hell. I felt embarrased for him.

At a point, the Matthew Wright stopped asking him questions.

What a plonker he is!

I don't know if it's a daftness is a requirement to be a black hiphop artiste in the UK.
Have you seen that popular video of Dizzy Rascal talking about Obama on BBC . . . I was dissappointed to the state of pity.
The reporter was even making him look stupid and he kept acting the role. . . cheesy cheesy
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by hackney(m): 10:10pm On Jan 22, 2010
^^^^^^^ why do you think 'they' in particular are entertainers?
They didnt have what it took for school brain-wise so expecting a political symposium from someone like
dizzy rascal or taio is raising the bar a bit too high for the lads.

fair is fair.

(BTW why is someone calling Taio a gay fish like kanye?)
LMAO!!!!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by eldee(m): 10:23pm On Jan 22, 2010
hackney:

^^^^^^^ why do you think 'they' in particular are entertainers?
They didnt have what it took for school brain-wise so expecting a political symposium from someone like
dizzy rascal or taio is raising the bar a bit too high for the lads.

fair is fair

I've seen smart entertainers . . . I've listened to Jay-Z and 50 Cent speak on issues like that . . . they are extremely smart.
Go listen to Lil Wayne's interview on BET's Monique show and see what I'm talking about.

These artistes here are just products of record companies taking advantage of the hype.
When you start getting famous, you should get people to school you on stuff like that, afterall American record labels school their acts on how to talk to the press.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 22, 2010
50 cent?? Jayz??
C'mon now Eldee, thats an unfair comparism.

Unfortunately, I'm struggling to think of a single black American artist/entertainer that could make Taio and Dizzee Rascal appear intelligent.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by sjeezy8: 11:19pm On Jan 22, 2010
^^^^ souljah boy- hes dumb as hell
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chiogo(f): 11:23pm On Jan 22, 2010
Who cares if he doesn't use black girls in his videos? Less video h**s, sorry vixens. undecided

So, if his father is the Nigerian, why is his last name 'Cruz'? Don't get it.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by eldee(m): 11:32pm On Jan 22, 2010
OMO IBO:

50 cent?? Jayz??
C'mon now Eldee, thats an unfair comparism.

Unfortunately, I'm struggling to think of a single black American artist/entertainer that could make Taio and Dizzee Rascal appear intelligent.

I used 'em because they dropped out of school pretty early.
They lived in pretty rough neighbourhoods, and have been stereotyped.
The UK is more of a welfare state than America . . . the literally paid these plonkers to go to school and this is what we get??
The interviewer kept saying 'Mr Rascal, what do you think about this??' and not once did he stop to think.

Remember his lines 'All I care about is sex and violence'
Are you serious . . . in 2010?? Aren't these people role models?? I know kids that worship these guys.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by sjeezy8: 6:27am On Jan 23, 2010

Taio Cruz is a singer-songwriter and music producer. Born and raised in London to a Nigerian father and Brazilian mother. His parents had an early influence on young Taio's musical tastes.  He also speaks Yoruba, his father's language.

yorubas from Lagos or Ogun state has Have Cruz as lastnames
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by mamagee3(f): 10:16pm On Jan 23, 2010
Taio Cruz isn't Nigerian, he's russian. cool
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 1:07am On Jan 27, 2010
mama-gee:

Taio Cruz isn't Nigerian, he's russian. cool
Maybe he is martian [from mars] cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yung6ix: When My Dad Was Leaving He Said If I Go With My Mum I Was Gonna Suffer / Marriage: Anything Can Happen Between Nina & Me In Future – Miracle / Omotola Jalade-ekeinde Celebrates Her 41st Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.