Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. (28942 Views)

Taio Cruz Celebrates His 31st Birthday Today! / Taio Cruz Celebrates His 30th Birthday / The Trouble With Women: Taio Cruz, 27, Musician (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by SEFAGO(m): 5:41am On Jan 27, 2010
chiogo:

Who cares if he doesn't use black girls in his videos? Less video h**s, sorry vixens. undecided

So, if his father is the Nigerian, why is his last name 'Cruz'? Don't get it.

sjeezy8:

yorubas from Lagos or Ogun state has Have Cruz as lastnames

True that. I have met lots of Yoruba with portuguese names especially from lagos. Taio [sic] could also be using his mum's name since that would be better in entertainment. It is not easy having a last name in the lines of "Oluwole" in entertainment grin
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by shilling(f): 5:52am On Jan 27, 2010
Good question abt his last name being Cruz.

Watched a video on youtube, Break your heart. Nice song.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by SEFAGO(m): 5:57am On Jan 27, 2010
^ The guy is obviously Yoruba, I can see the yoruba features on his face grin
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by shilling(f): 6:31am On Jan 27, 2010
True.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by riversman: 5:42am On Jan 30, 2010
@shilling - are u in ND?? i was in Fargo for a wedding last summer, hmm, we may hav met oh, ABONEMA luv
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by shilling(f): 6:58am On Jan 30, 2010
I'm in ND, don't live in Fargo though.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by SEFAGO(m): 10:40am On Jan 30, 2010
There are black people in ND shocked??
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chiogo(f): 7:20pm On Jan 30, 2010
SEFAGO:

True that. I have met lots of Yoruba with portuguese names especially from lagos. Taio [sic] could also be using his mum's name since that would be better in entertainment. It is not easy having a last name in the lines of "Oluwole" in entertainment grin
Isn't that the case with sjeezy? undecided LOL @ Oluwole. Not bad, if you ask me.

North Dakota isn't Wyoming nau. tongue
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chic2pimp(m): 8:02pm On Jan 30, 2010
eldee:

I don't know if it's a daftness is a requirement to be a black hiphop artiste in the UK.
Have you seen that popular video of Dizzy Rascal talking about Obama on BBC . . . I was dissappointed to the state of pity.
The reporter was even making him look silly and he kept acting the role. . . cheesy cheesy

Bleep me there I was thinking I was the only one who saw it embarassed embarassed embarassed.
The dullard was asked by Jeremy Paxman what his feelings were on Obama becoming the first black president and this Idiot could not mutter a coherent sentence. I felt totally embarrased on his behalf.
The doofus just kept repeating the words 'Yeah', 'Like', 'You Get Me' over and over again.
The funny thing is that Education up to a certain level is free in the U.K

I recently came across an old footage of Tupac being interviewed by a reporter and the dude spoke very fluently.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chiogo(f): 8:06pm On Jan 30, 2010
^ No wonder they're not known. grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chic2pimp(m): 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2010
chiogo:

^ No wonder they're not known. grin grin lipsrsealed
grin grin grin grin grin grin I tire jare. He was born and bred in england(the country that owns the language)

The dude should understand that speaking to your close pals is one thing, while giving interviews to t.v and radio stations is a different thing.
It's alright being 'Ghetto', 'Hood', 'Down with G's' grin cheesy afterall the likes of Jayz and Tupac are. However that dude was not being any of those stuffs, he was plain stupid & Daft.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by sjeezy8: 8:33pm On Jan 30, 2010
chic2pimp:

bleep me there I was thinking I was the only one who saw it embarassed embarassed embarassed.
The dullard was asked by Jeremy Paxman what his feelings were on Obama becoming the first black president and this Idiot could not mutter a coherent sentence. I felt totally embarrased on his behalf.
The doofus just kept repeating the words 'Yeah', 'Like', 'You Get Me' over and over again.
The funny thing is that Education up to a certain level is free in the U.K

I recently came across an old footage of Tupac being interviewed by a reporter and the dude spoke very fluently.

hahaha lmfao funny stuvs

chiogo:

Isn't that the case with sjeezy? undecided LOL @ Oluwole. Not bad, if you ask me.
North Dakota isn't Wyoming nau. tongue

Yessir but my own is actually my last name and I tell everyone to address me by my yoruba name.

Taio is a wack for changing it from Tayo to Taio
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chic2pimp(m): 8:42pm On Jan 30, 2010
sjeezy8:

hahaha lmfao funny stuvs

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

TBH, this ain't even funny. It's just plain embarrasing.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chiogo(f): 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2010
chic2pimp:

grin grin grin grin grin grin I tire jare. He was born and bred in england[b](the country that owns the language)[/b]

The dude should understand that speaking to your close pals is one thing, while giving interviews to t.v and radio stations is a different thing.
It's alright being 'Ghetto', 'Hood', 'Down with G's' grin cheesy afterall the likes of Jayz and Tupac are. However that dude was not being any of those stuffs, he was plain silly & Daft.
From what I see, y'all don't seem to own the language. Everybody tryna speak like a Yardie/Jamaican. Like, WTF? grin
And the rest tryna speak with an American accent. lmfao. SMH.

sjeezy8:

Taio is a wack for changing it from Tayo to Taio
I think it's a UK thing, I know some Nigerians with that name who spell it as Taio. Dunno why.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chic2pimp(m): 9:04pm On Jan 30, 2010
chiogo:

From what I see, y'all don't seem to own the language. Everybody tryna speak like a Yardie/Jamaican. Like, WTF? grin

You only hear peeps speak that way in the 'Ghetto Areas'. This is in part due to the fact that many kids have Jamaican parents(you also have many 'wanna be jamos' africans as well)

chiogo:

I think it's a UK thing, I know some Nigerians with that name who spell it as Taio. Dunno why.

Errrr. . . . . . no it's not. The dude just thinks Taio sounds better.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chiogo(f): 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2010
chic2pimp:

You only hear peeps speak that way in the 'Ghetto Areas'. This is in part due to the fact that many kids have Jamaican parents(you also have many 'wanna be jamos' africans as well)
LOL, there are lots of Jamaicans here too but I don't see anybody tryna talk like them, people love their music though. undecided

chic2pimp:

Errrr. . . . . . no it's not. The dude just thinks Taio sounds better.
I guess the other people doing it are imitating his "style".
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by sjeezy8: 9:14pm On Jan 30, 2010
chiogo:

LOL, there are lots of Jamaicans here too but I don't see anybody tryna talk like them, people love their music though. undecided
I guess the other people doing it are imitating his "style".

na uk thing chic is telling fibs lmfao

Ive noticed that many UK or european Nigerians are weird tho.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by eldee(m): 9:27pm On Jan 30, 2010
chiogo:

From what I see, y'all don't seem to own the language. Everybody tryna speak like a Yardie/Jamaican. Like, WTF?  grin

Have you listened to Keira Knightley speak?? What of Robbie Williams??
Even American celebs try to speak British because it makes you sound more sophisticated.

chiogo:

The one you hear from Dizzie and Ndubz is the urban London accent that's heavily influenced by the Afro-carribean working class accents.
So most times, they're not trying to be Jamaican, they are Jamaican.

It spreads just the same way every black teenager in the 90s in America tried to speak with the hiphop accent.
The media is influential you know??
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 30, 2010
Lol, Ndubz and Dizzie Rascal don't have Jamaican accents cheesy
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by eldee(m): 9:37pm On Jan 30, 2010
ibkaye:

To Chiogo, the urban London accent is trying to speak Jamaican.
And when they speak BBC English, they're trying to speak American grin grin

Americans think the earth revolve around them you know grin
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by shilling(f): 9:39pm On Jan 30, 2010
SEFAGO:

There are black people in ND shocked??

Yes (duh!!) grin
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 30, 2010
BBC English? Trying to speak American?  cheesy

I prefer British though, sounds better when we're being sarcastic cheesy
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by eldee(m): 9:45pm On Jan 30, 2010
ibkaye:

BBC English? Trying to speak American?  cheesy

I prefer British though, sounds better when we're being sarcastic cheesy

It sounds so posh man.

I think it's better than America where every street has a different accent.
Chiogo speaks with the Cornward Avenue accent. grin grin grin
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 30, 2010
Lol although don't get me wrong, I like American accents too, they sound so giddy smiley cheesy
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chic2pimp(m): 9:54pm On Jan 30, 2010
ibkaye:

If you tweak their voices a lil bit, they'll sound totally jamaican(especially dappy & dizzie) grin
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 30, 2010
chic2pimp:

If you tweak their voices a lil bit, they'll sound totally jamaican(especially dappy & dizzie) grin

You think so? cheesy
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chic2pimp(m): 10:00pm On Jan 30, 2010
sjeezy8:

na uk thing chic is telling fibs lmfao

Ive noticed that many UK or european Nigerians are weird tho.
How so? undecided If by weird you mean 'Good Looking & Better Dressed' then yes cool

eldee:

The one you hear from Dizzie and Ndubz is the urban London accent that's heavily influenced by the Afro-carribean working class accents.
So most times, they're not trying to be Jamaican, they are Jamaican.

It spreads just the same way every black teenager in the 90s in America tried to speak with the hiphop accent.
The media is influential you know??

EXACTLY!!!!!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chic2pimp(m): 10:07pm On Jan 30, 2010
ibkaye:

You think so? cheesy
Yep grin
The next time you hear either dizzie or dappy speak, record it and play it side to side next to a recording of a jamaican and you'll see how alike they sound grin cheesy
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 30, 2010
lol right cheesy
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by sjeezy8: 10:41pm On Jan 30, 2010
chic2pimp:

How so? undecided If by weird you mean 'Good Looking & Better Dressed' then yes cool
EXACTLY!!!!!

yea no doubt like this guy

Real london boy
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 30, 2010
The Farouk guy messed up but he was and is still a cutie. . .though without a deck! tongue
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by oyinda3(f): 10:50pm On Jan 30, 2010
the guy is using his free will. as a matter of fact, nobody really knows if his dad actually played any role in his life besides impregnating his mom. so in a case like that, i will understand why he doesn't want to claim naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Photo Of 9ice And Baby Mama With Their Daughter / EFFIXZZY VILLA: Ani Amatosero' House, A Duplex As She Celebrates Her Birthday / Yung6ix: When My Dad Was Leaving He Said If I Go With My Mum I Was Gonna Suffer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.