Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. (28937 Views)

Taio Cruz Celebrates His 31st Birthday Today! / Taio Cruz Celebrates His 30th Birthday / The Trouble With Women: Taio Cruz, 27, Musician (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chiogo(f): 10:50pm On Jan 30, 2010
sjeezy8:

yea no doubt like this guy

LMFAO!!

eldee:

Have you listened to Keira Knightley speak?? What of Robbie Williams??
Even American celebs try to speak British because it makes you sound more sophisticated.
What American celebs??   Maybe the ones who immigrated from the UK to the States but then they're still English people not Americans.

eldee:

The one you hear from Dizzie and Ndubz is the urban London accent that's heavily influenced by the Afro-carribean working class accents.
So most times, they're not trying to be Jamaican, they are Jamaican.

It spreads just the same way every black teenager in the 90s in America tried to speak with the hiphop accent.
The media is influential you know??
Ndubz and what? Have no idea who those are. Neither do I know what BBC English and Urban London accents sound like.
I was just speaking generally on the accents I've heard UK people speak with mostly here on Nairaland(the way they type) and youtube videos.

Anyway, I like the British accent, really.  grin It can be funny but it is err, posh as they say. Especially without the Jamaican slangs thingy.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chic2pimp(m): 11:46pm On Jan 30, 2010
sjeezy8:

yea no doubt like this guy

Real london boy
Don't be daft tongue. That dude is naija to the core.

chiogo:

LMFAO!!
What American celebs?? Maybe the ones who immigrated from the UK to the States but then they're still English people not Americans.
Ndubz and what? Have no idea who those are. Neither do I know what BBC English and Urban London accent sound like.
I was just speaking generally on the accents I've heard UK people speak with mostly here on Nairaland(the way they type) and youtube videos.

Anyway, I like the British accent, really. grin It can be funny but it is err, posh as they say. Especially without the Jamaican slangs thingy.

Yep it is posh and sexciiiiiiiiiiiii cool.

The guys you see on youtube videos are just wanna be's and should not be taken seriously. As for Nairalanders, well your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by MClite: 6:49pm On Mar 22, 2010
He does not want to be nigerian can you blame him who would, He has lost his identity, said he's part Brazilian on a US radio show but when asked about his Nigerian side said, just say im British. HE hates being black like a lot of men, hates his darkness and being black so rejects anything black , only associates with non black, and that explains his videos, as black as a black board and hates hates himself and black women but loves and would die for or get with any white women as long as she is white (lenny henry dawn french), But when it comes to black women it's NO and they will have standards for them but no standards for a white women she can be fat, ugly and low class but is still a trophy to a black man
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 22, 2010
MClite:

He does not want to be nigerian can you blame him who would, He has lost his identity, said he's part Brazilian on a US radio show but when asked about his Nigerian side said, just say im British. HE hates being black like a lot of men, hates his darkness and being black so rejects anything black , only associates with non black, and that explains his videos, as black as a black board and hates hates himself and black women but loves and would die for or get with any white women as long as she is white (lenny henry dawn french), But when it comes to black women it's NO and they will have standards for them but no standards for a white women she can be fat, ugly and low class but is still a trophy to a black man

Just like this man here, they will turn up their noses at obese black women but are too happy to take any obese non-black woman. God help these self-haters.

Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chiogo(f): 9:48pm On Mar 22, 2010
^^ LOL, Ebony. . .always pulling out that picture.  grin
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by segzeybaba(m): 11:06pm On Mar 22, 2010
Cruz was born Adetayo Ayowale Onile-Ere in London, England, to a Nigerian father and a Brazilian mother

source: wikipedia
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by ikeyman00(m): 11:26pm On Mar 22, 2010
www.nairaland.com/attachments/246756_nigeria_jpgd50bfceece3a4eb5d30b4f78cc8431e4 mandingo ex shocked american burger

now i know better; no wonder becomerich is so messed up

with size like this; there isnt no escaping mental madness

your love dikwa thick oooooooo
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Riverman2: 12:00am On Mar 23, 2010
lol, my american co=workers cant undastand why african men are soooooooo in luv with this OroBO-tastic kinda women, and they dont discriminate in yankee oh, dem like them white,latino or black, all follow

eeeeew eeew, i hate a phat phussy cat, lol,

PS: MODs i kno u are on my peepee, so u shuld notice i am not being vulgar
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by finemocha(f): 4:32am On Mar 23, 2010
the guys is a piece of @#$%. his female relatives should be ashamed to be related to him
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by eldee(m): 10:55am On Mar 23, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Just like this man here, they will turn up their noses at obese black women but are too happy to take any obese non-black woman. God help these self-haters.

C'mon let's be logical here . . . any idiot knows he's not in a relationship with that woman.
You don't have to go this low to force Black guys to go out with y'all.

Point of correction . . . Taio Cruz is not self hating, he's just chosen the half of his heritage he prefers.
I don't see anything wrong with that.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 23, 2010
I quite disagree with you, you are obviously going to pick sides so I wouldnt even bother.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by eldee(m): 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

I quite disagree with you, you are obviously going to pick sides so I wouldnt even bother.

Oh you're not picking sides?? You say Nigerian guys that prefer white women are self-hating and I'm the one picking sides??
To emphasize your racist point, you go on to put up an obviously staged picture of a black guy with an overly obese woman. . . that doesn't look like taking sides to you??

I don't know why y'all have a problem with these guys . . . if y'all are that pissed of, there's white guys everywhere.
F*cking Nigerians!!!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 23, 2010
Shows your maturity level you have to go down and below to get your point across. Like I said before I will not go down there with you.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1257850/Super-sized-mother-determined-worlds-fattest-woman-years.html
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by eldee(m): 2:35pm On Mar 23, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Shows your maturity level you have to go down and below to get your point across. Like I said before I will not go down there with you.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1257850/Super-sized-mother-determined-worlds-fattest-woman-years.html

Oh . . . so it's a newspaper story??

Did you ever wonder why it was in the news??
If it were a normal every day thing would it be in the papers??
Besides, how is this representative of the of the average black man and how does this make Taio Cruz 'self hating'??

You talk about going low?? You brought a newspaper story about an overly obese woman just to imply that Taio Cruz is 'self-hating' . . . You should listen to yourself speak sometimes
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 23, 2010
eldee:

C'mon let's be logical here . . . [b]any idiot knows he's not in a relationship with that woman.[/b]You don't have to go this low to force Black guys to go out with y'all.

Point of correction . . . Taio Cruz is not self hating, he's just chosen the half of his heritage he prefers.
I don't see anything wrong with that.

This one actually is. I saw them on the Tyra show. grin
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by bawomolo(m): 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2010
stillwater:

This one actually is. I saw them on the Tyra show. grin

don't believe that 419 man, he is in it for the money she is getting from her website.

people are paying to watch her eat herself to death  cheesy. the man is a freeloader

i find it hilarious that black women are worried they aren't objectified in music videos.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2010
bawomolo:

don't believe that 419 man, he is in it for the money she is getting from her website.

people are paying to watch her eat herself to death cheesy. the man is a freeloader

i find it hilarious that black women are worried they aren't objectified in music videos.

Who have black guys not dated? grin
Me too sef I wonder. Don't know how they can use the same mouth to demand respect but what to shake their butts on tv. undecided
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 23, 2010
people had the same complaint about craig david back in the day

check out his first videos
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 23, 2010
Seems black women don't want to be left out. grin I thought the hip hop videos should have assured them that they were good for only dancing. grin Hey black man I can shake my butt too, choose me. grin
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 23, 2010
stillwater:

Seems black women don't want to be left out. grin I thought the hip hop videos should have assured them that they were good for only dancing. grin Hey black man I can shake my butt too, choose me. grin
remove dat flat butt away , see bone.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by eldee(m): 6:13pm On Mar 23, 2010
bawomolo:

people are paying to watch her eat herself to death  cheesy. the man is a freeloader

Exactly what I was saying.
Next thing you'll hear that they have a reality TV show.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 23, 2010
shocked shocked

@ blackaphobic photo

see as dem yab black men like this?

shocked shocked
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by MClite: 10:30pm On Mar 25, 2010
yorke:

remove dat flat butt away , see bone.
bawomolo:

stillwater:

They are asking not to be disrespected you dumb little boys, i.e want to be in videos still but as a love interest, the lead, you know like even a white boy like justin timberklake can do in like i love you and Robin Thicke who always does, he's married to a black woman.

They are not feeling left out for not being able to shake their butts don't be so ridiculous, they mean as in an option as a love interest you know like say in Usher's burn video playing his partner as opposed to snoop dogg's h0e or something .
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by bawomolo(m): 1:12am On Mar 26, 2010
MClite:

They are asking not to be disrespected you dumb little boys, i.e want to be in videos still but as a love interest, the lead, you know like even a white boy like justin timberklake can do in like i love you and Robin Thicke who always does, he's married to a black woman.

They are not feeling left out for not being able to shake their butts don't be so ridiculous, they mean as in an option as a love interest you know like say in Usher's burn video playing his partner as opposed to snoop dogg's h0e or something .

who cares, how exactly would that benefit black women? you need to be placed in a video before you feel proud of yourself?

if not giving a shiiit about whether a blue woman is the love interest in a music video makes me dumb, then so be it.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 2:00am On Mar 26, 2010

No matter how you try to douse it, the black women crying to be seen in these videos are nothing but insecure. The most annoying thing is the thought that people would think it's all black women that care about such pettiness. Why do they need few meagre seconds as video girls to realize you are already worthy the way you are? Upon all the strong, independent black cliches I hear, this is what the black woman wants to relegate herself to, fighting to be told she's beautiful by black men. Shame!!!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by chiogo(f): 3:13am On Mar 26, 2010
^^ lol don't mind them.

The explanation was even funnier. Like seriously, who cares? Love interest. Make them carry go jare grin

I actually see black women who say they aspire to be in rap videos and of course, not as rappers. I'm thinking, "Umm, slavery is over, this one na self-slavery", Kai!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 26, 2010
suffrage in the 00s

fight for your right to be in the video cheesy
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by eldee(m): 11:00am On Mar 26, 2010
stillwater:

No matter how you try to douse it, the black women crying to be seen in these videos are nothing but insecure. The most annoying thing is the thought that people would think it's all black women that care about such pettiness. Why do they need few meagre seconds as video girls to realize you are already worthy the way you are? Upon all the strong, independent black cliches I hear, this is what the black woman wants to relegate herself to, fighting to be told she's beautiful by black men. Shame!!!

In a few years we'll see feminists campaigning the steady decline in the number of black prostitutes in Soho.
How dare they take our jobs and give to Polish girls??
That's racial discrimination grin grin grin
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by AngieFan(f): 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2010
Taio Cruz is a STAGE NAME people! Just like Freddy Mercury (Farrokh Bulsara), Elton John (Reginald Kenneth Dwight) and George Michael (Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou). Just because he changed his name it doesn't automatically mean he is trying to be something else.
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by pheonixChi(f): 9:32pm On Apr 24, 2010
Taio Cruz lol omg this guy kills me, he is very insecure i think he does not indentify with Nigeria at all neither does he identify as black he is a strange one lol. Well his preference is his preference, if he wants only white girls in his vids , fine. I tell you wat really annoyed me, it's the fact that whne i went to see Boyz2men in Hammersmith he was the opening act  and i didn't feel him at all the only ppl screaming in the crowd were white girls lol. Which is fine because me and my girlfriends did not identify with him , just like he did not identify with black culture.  grin

AngieFan:

Taio Cruz is a STAGE NAME people! Just like Freddy Mercury (Farrokh Bulsara), Elton John (Reginald Kenneth Dwight) and George Michael (Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou). Just because he changed his name it doesn't automatically mean he is trying to be something else.

lol Brits will tell you that this guy is pretty thick,and it is seen in many black or african circles that he tries to identify with whites, i dont think thousands of ppl are imagining it. A black magazine did a feature about this same issue and many ppl believe he tries very hard to appeal to white audiences
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by Plumber(m): 11:52am On Apr 28, 2010
Taio Cruz is Nigerian

Real Name is >>>>>> Tayo Onile-Ere

His father is Nigerian and Mother is Brazilian

Taio came by because the oyinbo folks never quite knew how to pronounce his name.
From there he adopted the Taio as his name and chose his mother (Brazilian) maiden name which was **Vera-Cruz**

Hence Taio Cruz was born.
He is Nigerian @ heart and Speaks yoruba a bit, has plans to come to Nigeria in future!
Re: Taio Cruz Is A Nigerian. by pheonixChi(f): 8:37pm On Apr 29, 2010
Plumber:

Taio Cruz is Nigerian

Real Name is >>>>>> Tayo Onile-Ere

His father is Nigerian and Mother is Brazilian

Taio came by because the oyinbo folks never quite knew how to pronounce his name.
From there he adopted the Taio as his name and chose his mother (Brazilian) maiden name which was **Vera-Cruz**

Hence Taio Cruz was born.
He is Nigerian @ heart and Speaks yoruba a bit, has plans to come to Nigeria in future!

yeah rightttt! lol he'll come to Naija when his career flops here and he gets wind that simpletons will love him as naija's luv anything oyinboish grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Actress Iyabo Ojo Pictured With Super Eagles Legend, Kanu / Yung6ix: When My Dad Was Leaving He Said If I Go With My Mum I Was Gonna Suffer / Marriage: Anything Can Happen Between Nina & Me In Future – Miracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.