Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,401 members, 7,836,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees (28898 Views)

430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria / 50 Most Employable University Degrees According To American Website. / Top 10 Most Useless University Degrees 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by zeusdgrt(m): 6:58am On Aug 06, 2016
Fake news everywhere.A spokesperson...lol,I can tell u this news is fake cz I have sighted the memo for harmonization of Bsc and Hnd stuff.
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by eph12(m): 6:58am On Aug 06, 2016
tosynAB:

alaye oti sick si opolo , she you wanna compare HND with B.sc holder before?
What's the difference? No matter what you study you still get trained on the job before you can be effective.

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by mrvitalis(m): 6:58am On Aug 06, 2016
Ok
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by Kunlexxxx(m): 7:00am On Aug 06, 2016
Duru009:
Thy will never equate Bsc n HND...
How many professors are in polytechnic....
Only one, and that'll be the rector. I have a friend who in HND 2, and has never been taught by a Phd talk more a professor. Whereas, a 100L student in university has Phd, professor teaching him

4 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by mrvitalis(m): 7:00am On Aug 06, 2016
eph12:

What's the difference? No matter what you study you still get trained on the job before you can be effective.
Bro there are training and position a HND holder can't hold unless he has worked for years or did Pgd and masters

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by canalily(m): 7:01am On Aug 06, 2016
Denialsundecided keep on! We are nt always far 4rm the truth

2 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by zicoraads: 7:02am On Aug 06, 2016
Told them it was #Wash grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by tosynAB(m): 7:04am On Aug 06, 2016
I have told you before pe owo lo sure jaree...

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by eph12(m): 7:09am On Aug 06, 2016
mrvitalis:

Bro there are training and position a HND holder can't hold unless he has worked for years or did Pgd and masters
And that's because he was never given that opportunity in the first place. Many companies prefer to employ ND now and they are doing fine. The company gets to save some money too.

PS: Am a bsc graduate.

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by chiefololade: 7:11am On Aug 06, 2016
eph12:
So basically what they are saying is just do pgd and you will get same treatment as bsc? Mehn that's like 6 years In total?

That's what they actually said before, the dichotomy they removed is based on the level you can get to in the civil service.

Most people don't read the details of the news, people were just going by the headline. Truly HND is less than B.Sc.

I'm an HND holder

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by eph12(m): 7:11am On Aug 06, 2016
Kunlexxxx:

Only one, and that'll be the rector. I have a friend who in HND 2, and has never been taught by a Phd talk more a professor. Whereas, a 100L student in university has Phd, professor teaching him
Abeg no make me laff. When did being taught by a prof equate sound education? cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by sniperr007(m): 7:12am On Aug 06, 2016
decency123:
Eyah that's bad nah, let them mercy for hnd graduates now

No offense oh but majority of hnd graduates no b am.u c dem in nysc camp & u say wow!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by gurunlocker: 7:12am On Aug 06, 2016
Still baffles me how one will have HND and compare with Bsc.... Hell no! There's difference between been taught by a professor and been taught by a graduate

5 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by eph12(m): 7:13am On Aug 06, 2016
chiefololade:

That's what they actually said before, the dichotomy they removed is based on the level you can get to in the civil service.

Most people don't read the details of the news, people were just going by the headline. Truly HND is less than B.Sc.

I'm an HND holder
So what was in existence before is that even with pgd an hnd holder can't go beyon level 14?
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by eph12(m): 7:14am On Aug 06, 2016
sniperr007:

No offense oh but majority of hnd graduates no b am.u c dem in nysc camp & u say wow!!!
Same for bsc.

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by emtol: 7:14am On Aug 06, 2016
Duru009:
Thy will never equate Bsc n HND...
How many professors are in polytechnic....
I wonder oo. I checked a Polytechnic and there was no Prof, even d Rector is a PhD holder. And we 20 Profs in my FACULTY not to talk of the whole School. HND<BSc, and BTech na Oga

6 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by mrvitalis(m): 7:20am On Aug 06, 2016
eph12:

And that's because he was never given that opportunity in the first place. Many companies prefer to employ ND now and they are doing fine. The company gets to save some money too.

PS: Am a bsc graduate.
Lool please Google will help u
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by eph12(m): 7:21am On Aug 06, 2016
mrvitalis:

Lool please Google will help u

Lol. What exactly am I looking for on Google? The rate of unemployed graduates in Nigeria? What exactly?

2 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by segneyukk(m): 7:21am On Aug 06, 2016
Useless ministry, useless government since d time of Obj til nw. Gt skill n make ur money. HND or B.Sc

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by Thayay(m): 7:22am On Aug 06, 2016
APC and confusing news are like

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by biz9ja(m): 7:22am On Aug 06, 2016
Duru009:
Thy will never equate Bsc n HND... How many professors are in polytechnic....

Abi ooop
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by joyandfaith: 7:24am On Aug 06, 2016
Kunlexxxx:

what is special phd lecturer?
who dem elp?
wetin dey know?
nigeria needs only 6 universities. universities are established for research and innovation. reserachers in nigeria are huge joke . innovation? copy and paste lectures we get for naija.

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by Godwinmikdon(m): 7:27am On Aug 06, 2016
That claim is baseless bcus dis issue of dischonomy came from a speech made by d minister of education? 9ija shal
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by Paperwhite(m): 7:27am On Aug 06, 2016
minasota:
apc government has also declared hnd Inconclusive .......... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin.Nne you talk true.I can't help but laugh hard at the policy somersault or inconsistency of this biggest political scam of the 21st.century called APC.Please for Christians only-why is the so-called Past. Yemi Osinbajo still comfortable with this government? Any clue?
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by Nazacent: 7:29am On Aug 06, 2016
There's a big gap between Bsc and HND, No offense pls. You see I could have resorted in applying for polytechnic had it been I didn't get admission into the university. I'm sure it same for so many HND holders. But that doesn't stop you from becoming who you want to be. Being a medical doctor doesn't make one a better person than an Economist.
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by Ghost447(m): 7:31am On Aug 06, 2016
In this country we pay attention to frivolous issues, Bs.c, HND are both important, they are not the same and they should not be. If your choice is to obtain Bs.c, then you go to the University, but if your choice is to obtain HND, then you go to the polytechnic. You can't be employed with a primary school leaving certificate and expect the salary of someone will a senior school certificate.
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by joyandfaith: 7:33am On Aug 06, 2016
gurunlocker:
Still baffles me how one will have HND and compare with Bsc.... Hell no! There's difference between been taught by a professor and been taught by a graduate
i disagree. graduate with many years of experience will teach well. professors teach the same course over years and that make them proficiency in teaching. i have seen professors though sound academically with many papers in his name but teach poorly.

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by Femocher(m): 7:34am On Aug 06, 2016
You are nitwit
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by Masculity(m): 7:39am On Aug 06, 2016
free2ryhme:
What is the name of the spokesman?
Even a cleaner can be spokesman too
You mean for cleaning ministry??
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by walecheepe(m): 7:39am On Aug 06, 2016
How many bsc graduate has even gotten job, mak we just pray say God go help us.
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 06, 2016
i find this funny sha.
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by mrvitalis(m): 7:39am On Aug 06, 2016
eph12:

Lol. What exactly am I looking for on Google? The rate of unemployed graduates in Nigeria? What exactly?
Why HND holders can't hold same position as B.Sc holders

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Snepco 2016 candidates. Discussion room / Oou Strike / Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.