Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,558 members, 7,837,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees (28900 Views)

430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria / 50 Most Employable University Degrees According To American Website. / Top 10 Most Useless University Degrees 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by rhymaholic: 9:38am On Aug 06, 2016
They should clarify this thing very well and stop confusing people. Today they'd say A, tomorrow they'd change to B.
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by Biodunalley: 9:39am On Aug 06, 2016
Duru009:
Thy will never equate Bsc n HND...
How many professors are in polytechnic....
The norm in our country is the more the professors,the more the university students go dull take it or leave it that's d fact
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by holluphemydavid(m): 9:43am On Aug 06, 2016
My candid advice for my fellow HND holder is to kindly proceed for pgd program. D best way to equate ur certificate with BSc my view though

2 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by Aroh48(m): 9:44am On Aug 06, 2016
walecheepe:
How many bsc graduate has even gotten job, mak we just pray say God go help us.
Don't mind them.They have forgotten that no nigeria uni made the best 1000 universities in the world.What a shame!
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by odu16(m): 9:46am On Aug 06, 2016
Mehn dey r crazy.
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by Aroh48(m): 9:48am On Aug 06, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
Who is talking about HND Bsc? Where is the job?
If you attended a poly, go and do PGD then master. But I tell you, a poly graduate from UK is better than a university graduate from absu and some federal uni. Debate that
Tell those almighty uni graduates that are sitting on their brain.
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by Originakalokalo(m): 10:12am On Aug 06, 2016
Get a PGD in any uni and u will be treated equally with a Bachelor's degree.....

Simple...

I have done mine ,it was a 2-year program...FUT Minna

I am going for masters..

Stop complaining......go ahead.
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by Nascimento(m): 10:14am On Aug 06, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Hahahahahaha..I just dey laugh all this poly students wey dey happy...una better go buy DE form!!!....that said,certificates are just pieces of paper,what will make you succeed is inside you.

Exactly. These certificates are just papers. What I studied in the University is not what is putting food on my table today. In fact, I never imagined it. #self-development. #skills
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by mirakuru(m): 10:28am On Aug 06, 2016
why will HND equate B.sc when to be offered admission in a poly you only need 4 credits..if any HND graduates needs to destroy the dichotomy let him/her take the path of PGD..

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by ObadakiM: 10:42am On Aug 06, 2016
Please pardon any typo, it's not easy typing on a smart phone.

Our idea about HND and Bsc in this country is wrong. HND is a technical cadre and there is nothing wrong if they are allowed to get to the peak of their career.

A student needs 120credit load to obtain a degree in Nigeria (that is the standard according to best practice) and anything less than 120credit won't earn you a degree, but do we know that to obtain a HND in Nigeria, a student needs 180credit load, yes you heard me right 180credit (that is why if you send your HND for evaluation abroad it ll be evaluated to a degree, the reason is because you have taken(more than) the standard credit load.e.g USA, Canada etc.

In the UK, if you send your HND for evaluation, you ll get a response that the certificate (nigeria HND) is above British HND but can't be called a degree because the certificate (Nigerian HND)has DIPLOMA written on it. indirectly what does that tells you, it simply means that Nigeria HND is higher than the British HND and a certificate that is above HND in the UK is a degree and that is why most schools in the UK ll accept HND for masters if you follow the addmision process by sending both your ND&HND and not your HND alone (This is the mistake made by most HND holders from Nigeria)

THE LECTURER
In any institution if you have lecturers with masters & phd,then such institution is capable to award a degree(first degree). The reason is because PhD is the highest academic qualification one can obtain.So at that level of first degree if you have PhD holders as lecturers then they are good to go(this is practice abroad and it works for them). Having Prof as a lecturer is good ,but if they aren't available a PhD can fits in. However, for postgraduate programmes a prof is vital.

QUALIFICATION
According to the Sydney accord of 2002, I see no reason why Engineering Technologist should be looked down upon. Poly should be allowed to award special degree.Since no University in Nigeria is running Engineering Technological program, then the polytechnic should be allowed to award degrees like BEngTech , and if they have the manpower they can run "MEngTech and PhD (DEngTech)".I don't see the reason why people that want to become Engineering Technologist will be forced to convert to Engineers by taking either DE or Pgd.Let Nigeria (COREN) sign up to the Sydney accord of 2002 and allow Engineering Technologist to flourish as a profession and not forcing them to convert to Engineers.

LAW
The law that established our Polytechnics did not cover HND, it only covers National Diploma, because when the law was established, Polytechnics were running just ND (OND) and when they started the HND program they failed to review the law. Does it not sound funny when you hear that Polytechnic is to produce MIDDLE level manpower and the Polytechnic is producing HGHER level manpower (HND).You will agree that Higher level is far above middle level .
Therefore, there should be a law that ll establish HND and not the old one that established just for Middle level (Ordinary National Diploma).

SOLUTION
FG must allow for the establishment of the Nigeria Polytechnic commission.This commision ll checkmate the polifiration of sub standard polytechnics just like the NUC &NCEC, and also set standard for the Polytechnics.

Polytechnic graduate should be allowed to get to the peak of their career and not converting them to Engineers, they should be allowed to be trained as Engineering Technologist from start to finish.

If the above can't be met,then time spent to obtain HND should be reduced to 2yrs (OND) and HND should should be scrapped

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by jojothaiv(m): 10:43am On Aug 06, 2016
Inconclusive......
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by oaroloye(m): 10:53am On Aug 06, 2016
The greatest threat to the Oyinbo Way-of-Life is the properly-educated Black man.

Therefore, they have implemented a deliberate programme to ensure that Africa never develops such Blacks.

For the most part, it works.

Protocol #16 – Brainwashing

1. In order to bring about the destruction of all collective forces except ours, we shall
disable the first stage of collectivism – the universities, by reeducating them in a new
direction.

Their officials and professors will be prepared for their business by detailed secret
programs of action from which they will not be allowed to diverge, not by one iota.
They will be appointed with particular precaution, and will be placed so as to be
wholly dependent upon the government.

2. We shall exclude State Law from the course of instruction and also any material that
deals with the political mechanism. These subjects will be taught to a few dozen persons
chosen for their preeminent capacities from among those of the initiated.

The universities must no longer graduate weak individuals concocting plans for a constitution.
Like a comedy or a tragedy, those people are concerning themselves with questions of policy
in which not even their own fathers ever had any power of thought.

3. When large number of persons attempt to deal with issues of administrative
regulation, this creates utopian dreamers and bad subjects. You can see this for
yourselves from the example of the universal education of the Goyim in this direction.
We must introduce all those principles into their education which have so brilliantly
broken down their harmony. But when we are in power we shall remove every kind of
disturbing subject from the course of education and shall turn the youth into obedient
children of authority, who love the ruler as being the support and hope for peace and
quiet.

We Shall Rewrite History

4. Classicism, as with all other forms of study of ancient history, has more bad than good
examples. We shall replace these with the study of the program of the future.

We shall erase from the memory of men, all facts of previous centuries which are
undesirable to us, and leave only those which show all the errors of the governments of
the Goyim.

The study of practical life; of the obligations of maintaining order; of the relations of
people to one another; of avoiding bad and selfish examples which spread the infection of
evil; and similar questions of an educative nature: we will bring these to the forefront of
the teaching program. This program will be drawn up as a separate plan for each career
path or position in life, and in this way it generalizes the teaching. This aspect of the
program has special importance...

5. Each career path or position in life must be trained within strict limits corresponding
to its aim, and how it fits in with day-to-day life.
The occasional genius has always managed, and always will manage, to slip through
into other positions in life. But it is a big mistake to let this rare occasional genius
into ranks which are foreign to them. They are untalented people who take over the
jobs belonging to those ranks granted by birth or employment. You know
yourselves in what manner all this has ended for the Goyim who allowed this crying
absurdity.

6. In order that the ruler may be firmly seated in the hearts and minds of his subjects, it is
necessary, for the duration of his rein, to instruct the whole nation in the schools and on
the market places about the purpose of his actions and all his beneficent initiatives.

7. We shall abolish every kind of freedom of instruction. Learners of all ages have the
right to assemble together with their parents in the educational establishments,
as if it were a club. During these assemblies, and on holidays, teachers will read what will pass
as free lectures on social and relationship issues, of the laws of examples, and of the
philosophy behind new theories not yet declared to the world.
These theories will be raised by us to the stage of a dogma of faith, like as a traditional
stage towards our faith. Now that I have completed this explanation of our program of
action in the present and the future, I will read you the principles of these theories.

8. Basically, we know from many centuries of experience that people live and are guided
by ideas, and that these ideas are absorbed by people only with the aid of education that
has equal success for all ages of growth. But of course by various methods, we shall
swallow up and confiscate the last scintilla of independence of thought. We have been
directing all thoughts towards subjects and ideas that are useful to us, and have been
doing so for a long time.

The system of bridling thought is already at work in the so-called system of teaching by
object lessons; the purpose of which is to turn the Goyim into unthinking submissive
brutes waiting for things to be presented before their eyes in order to form an idea of
them...

In France, one of our best agents, Bourgeois, has already made public a new program of
teaching by object lessons.

This blueprint for World-Domination is believed to have been hatched in a meeting of the owners of Freemasonry Lodges that took place in 1897. It was circulated all over their World without any problem, until it came to RUSSIA, where a Patriot decided that he valued his country more than his life, so he leaked it- forfeiting his life in the process.

I had learned of the existence of this document shortly after my conversion, when I immediately began researching the religions I expected to have to have answers to, and I had it on "good authority," [i.e. SATAN'S ANGELS EXPOSED, by Salem Kirban,] that it was a "forgery."

We were told nothing about the existence of this document in church, and I had no idea of what any of the contents of it were, until, nearly 20 years later, we had the Internet, and it occurred to me to search for it, and download it.

Once I read the first PAGE, I knew that I had been lied to concerning its authenticity.

Therefore, I immediately up[loaded it to several YAHOO! Clubs I belonged to at that time, and simply asked: "What do you think about this?"

At that time, Internet was difficult and expensive to access.

There was no Wi-Fi, and no LAN in every Department.

It was therefore two weeks before I could access the Internet again.

All of my YAHOO! Accounts- ten of them- were GONE- including a couple I had opened for some friends of mine.

When I got back into YAHOO! through another account, I found that they had now banned EVERYBODY from uploading Email Attachments into YAHOO! Clubs and Groups! This was my first experience of anything like this.

The next year, we had the 9/11 FALSE-FLAG ATTACKS, and the assassination of WILLIAM (Behold A Pale Horse) COOPER, who was on the verge of exposing the truth, that the government was behind the attacks, not OSAMA BIN LADEN... who apparently died THAT very year- according to former White House Aide, STEVE PIECZENIK [ALEX JONES SHOW: 03-05-2011]. (ALL of the subsequent videos, supposedly of Osama bin Laden, threatening the USA and Western Interests were faked. AL-QAEDA is a CIA front.)

THIS DOCUMENT HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED ALL OVER THE WESTERN WORLD.

There is an elderly lady, CHARLOTTE ISERBYT, who was Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI), U.S. Department of Education, during the first term of U.S. President Ronald Reagan, and staff employee of the U.S. Department of State (South Africa, Belgium, South Korea). She was appointed to that office because it was about to be abolished- she was exactly the wrong person to have been appointed Senior Policy Advisor.

She diligently examined the documents under her purview, and discovered an organized conspiracy to devalue American and Western Education, spearheaded by the Rockefeller Institute and the Carnegie Institute, with the goal of reducing Educational Standards to match those of the Soviet Union- which at that time was the ArchEnemy of the West, therefore, she had uncovered treason.

She immediately alerted the President in writing- for which she was immediately fired- for doing her job.

However, she had carefully copied all of the incriminating documents, which she later published in a book: THE DELIBERATE DUMBING-DOWN OF AMERICA: THE SCIENTIFIC DESTRUCTION OF MINDS.

In an interview concerning secret societies and the elite agenda she disclosed that in the early 1980s she had a chance to meet with Norman Dodd who had been the chief investigator for the United States House Select Committee to Investigate Tax-Exempt Foundations and Comparable Organizations commonly known as the B. Carroll Reece Committee. In the video interview she claims that Dodd discussed a 'network' of individuals including Carnegie who planned to bring about world peace by means of rapid changes in society. These changes would be brought about by involving the populace in various wars and military conflicts. She further claimed that Dodd had discussions with Rowan Gaither, the president of the Ford Foundation in which he revealed that directives from the President of the United States compelled foundations related to the Ford Foundation to direct their funding into bringing about the merger of the USA with the Soviet Union.

Mr. Dodd, all of us here at the policy making level of the foundation have at one time or another served in the OSS (the Office of Strategic Services, the forerunner of the CIA) or the European Economic Administration, operating under directives from the White House. We operate under those same directives… The substance of the directives under which we operate is that we shall use our grant making power to so alter life in the United States that we can be comfortably merged with the Soviet Union.
. — Rowan Gaither, President Ford Foundation - 1953.

There is nothing funny about this!

Before her, the greatest master of Mental Sciences the World has ever seen- Mr. LAFAYETTE RONALD HUBBARD- had tried to teach his Mental Optimization System, called SCIENTOLOGY, to ordinary people, as a course- but found that the average American ability to LEARN was severely damaged. He analyzed the situation, and found that the Educational system of America in particular, and the Western World was severely defective. He therefore came up with a series of lectures to remedy that- called THE STUDY TAPES.

These lectures enable phenomenal improvements in comprehension and application- therefore he was banned from entering into the United Kingdom, South Africa, and Rhodesia. There was a danger that his Teachings could liberate the Blacks. (But, of course, not the teachings of his White Students!)

His organization was infiltrated, even before his death and attempt were made to undermine his work, which, From The Beginning, threatened to expose the CIA. (SCIENTOLOGY "Auditing" Counseling exposes and cures MK-ULTRA Programming- such as was used to turn Nigerians into our first SUICIDE-BOMBERS.) Therefore the audio versions of his lectures were edited, and two out of the twelve-tape series are no longer included in the STUDY-TAPES package. (L. Ron Hubbard had issued strict instructions that his Teachings should never be altered.)

None of these suppressive tactics would mean anything without the help and cooperation of BLACK TRAITORS, who VOLUNTARILY obstruct useful and important information from reaching the Black people who need it.

Many of these are members of Christian Churches, as well as Secretive Societies, such as Freemasonry and its Fronts- who have gleefully agreed to do all in their power to ensure that Unbelievers and "Heretics" should never prosper. For example, I know lecturers who have deliberately dumbed-down the curriculum, in order to discourage students.

Instead of teaching the students in a Technology Training course, the lecturers just taught sloppily and lackadaisically, until the exam time, when the questions were deliberately leaked ahead of time, so that the students would be able to work about the answers beforehand.

This does not help the students at all, because it means that they receive certification they have not earned, in professions that do not really know. Those who participate in implementing this fraud do not care that they are destroying their own country- BECAUSE THAT IS THE GOAL.

Therefore, the infrastructure is riddled with fake professionals who barely understand enough to press buttons, and pull levers- but who will NEVER be able to IMPROVE the profession and invent new technology.

This could only happen with the approval of the most senior levels of Education.

I feel no pity when any of these people dies of some routine treatable condition, because they helped create this situation which has killed other people, too. One of the Oyinbo Agendas is to deplete our "surplus" population, by any means possible. BILL GATES says that this can be done with vaccines- which he produces. (Search his exact statement on YOUTUBE.) Therefore they do not want our Medical Facilities to be the best, and saving our lives, but for our people to lose their lives.

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by odegood: 11:45am On Aug 06, 2016
I knew right from time that FG will never equate HND with BSC. I was an HND holder in petroleum engineering and I took the pain to obtain my B.Eng from the university and today i hv both certificates. It took me 3 years to do that. My advice to to all HND holders is that they should try and upgrade themselves instead of waiting for FG to equate hnd ans BSC which will never happen. Today i can walk tall among my colleagues. I can now call myself a confirmed engineer instead of technologit. Do something all hnd holders and stop wailing.
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by Chiyk(m): 11:51am On Aug 06, 2016
What do you expect when an "ADAMU" is heading the once exalted ministry. Except God intervenes, our academic future is a mirage .
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by Vick4rill(m): 12:00pm On Aug 06, 2016
eph12:

Hahahaha grin grin grin
Have you finally found a job?
yes! highly employed bro earning higher than most diploma holders in my place of work... working hard to attain my Masters, instead of complaining and trying very hard to avoid the reality.
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by eph12(m): 12:13pm On Aug 06, 2016
Vick4rill:
yes! highly employed bro earning higher than most diploma holders in my place of work... working hard to attain my Masters, instead of complaining and trying very hard to avoid the reality.
Kikikikikikiki
Oga stop lying. You don't have any job.
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by greggng: 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2016
When u see a faake news u will know from far. Just wait for 24hours to get the real news

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by Rallyman: 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2016
Our problem in this country is not only corruption but confused, inconsistent and idon'thaveanyclue government
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by july66: 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2016
Elose11:
The Ministry of Education has denied harmonizing the degrees and higher national diploma awarded by universities and polytechnics.
A spokesperson for the ministry denied recent reports that the dichotomy between Bachelors and HNDs had been abolished, saying HND holders must meet new requirements to attain the Bachelors level.
Speaking to PREMIUM TIMES on Friday, Benjamin Goong, said the ministry lacked the power to end the inequality.
He however said the government had taken steps to bridge the gap to ensure HND holders are treated fairly when seeking for jobs.
“Two weeks ago, the ministry sent a memo to the National Council of Establishments (NCE) to institute a bridging program for the HND holders and the proposal was approved.
“The bridging program is for HND holders who can either attend the National Teachers Institute (NTI) or any institution offering post-graduate diploma programs, before they can attain the level graduates can attain in the public sector.
“As per the approved memo, after the bridging program, HND holders will now be offered jobs from grade level 8 and finish at grade level 17 like graduates. Before now, HND holders were only allowed grade level 7 and finish at grade level 14.
“That is as far as it goes for now regarding the B.Sc and HND dichotomy. Both are still very different from each other,” he said.

An education analyst, Dorothy Oseni, said creation of jobs for both B.Sc and HND holders was the surest way of bridging the gap between both classes of educated people.
“When the government, industries and companies no longer discriminate against HND holders in the labour market, the dichotomy will die a natural death,” she said

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/208151-what-hnd-graduates-must-do-to-be-at-par-with-bachelors-degree-holders-education-ministry.html
Do not bring this issue again to this forum. B.Sc & HND are different programs just as HND & OND are different programs. QED.
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by Belloladan(m): 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2016
"Its too late to cry when the head is cut down" the issue has already been decleared officially by the minister of education. Wailers go and die, remb. when God said yes nobody can say no. Ride on mr, president
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by sniperr007(m): 10:19pm On Aug 06, 2016
eph12:

Same for bsc.

HND graduates r worse off compare d bsc holders. Majority of dem no b am.
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by theatre(m): 7:36am On Aug 07, 2016
Why you are lying and saying what you don't know .Lagos city polytechnic is the 1st private poly in big and the best private poly all course approved and u can go 4 nysc after your HND.
Re: Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees by onyeawka80(m): 5:53pm On Aug 20, 2016
Who BSC EPP? Lol!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Snepco 2016 candidates. Discussion room / Oou Strike / JAMB Best Candidate, Kamsiyochukwu Umeh, Arise TV Interview (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.