Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... (32775 Views)

Body Itching After Bath, is there no balm in Gilead ?? / Body Part Commonly Neglected While Bathing. / How To Stop Itching After Shaving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by imagefixer: 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2017
I was like you until I stopped using sponge and towel all I use now is My hand. And soap and when I feel my skin is dirty I use light shoe brush to scrub my skin with soap and I dont have any serious itching try it
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Akinya17: 5:31pm On Aug 12, 2017
I had this problem for a long time. I did a lot of tests and took so many drugs. I was always on piriton. I don't really know when it stopped. I just noticed one day I was not itching anymore. I wrote down all the new things I ate / did about the time it stopped and I continued with them. You can also try this.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by AuroraB(f): 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2017
Akanniade:

Its called Aquagenic Pruritus. Itchy reaction to water or even your own sweat. No known absolute treatment yet. Manage it with hot bath & air conditioned room. Heat, noise & dirt (towel)aggravates the reaction.
Some drugs initiates semblance of relief ( I dont know why)e.g omega h 3 suppement tonic
Can this supplement be gotten at just any pharmacy? Pardon me embarassed
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2017
queenpin:
It's been happening to me for as long as I remember.
I have stopped bathing with sponge, it reduced slightly.
I have stopped bathing with cold water, it reduced slightly.
Tried different types of soaps , to no avail.
But I have noticed that I don't itch in the mornings when am rushing out to work etc. I only itch if I take my bath and am staying back at home or after my evening bath.
My wife thinks it's psychological.

It is called AQUAGENIC PRURITIS, An itchy response to bathing with water and aggravated by abrasive sponges on the body or failure to totally wash off soap from the body due to its caustic properties.
Google the name for further elucidation
Thanks
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by exporttraining: 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2017
This skin care will cure your skin problems. it is very ok. See Image. 08035268121. ]Bathe with ur slippers on, use disinfectants with ur warm bathing water. If it persists, go do test oo[/quote]

1 Share

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by yhemster(m): 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2017
Whao I thought I'm the only with weird condition.
The way I've managed mine are....
1. Ensure the bathroom and room is clean b4 shower as the irritation from seeing the dirty surroundings aggravates the condition.
2. Don't use sponges when shower after being very sweaty, afternoon shower, evening shower etc
3. Find soap that have moisturiser.
4. Always wear a clean cotton after shower.
5. Get a soft sponge.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by tommenoh(m): 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2017
you could also,try the dollowing(i think a couple of theses were stated earier).
1.dont use sponge for a while
2.use mild antiseptic soap
3.treat for malaria(this was the primary cause in my case and once the symptoms appears-scratching,i often realize its every 2-3 months After i last treated malaria)
4.dont bath with cold water but use warm water.
hope it helps....
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Oladat(m): 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2017
Yuneehk:

Full Blood Count. Go to a medical laboratory to get the test done. I don't know her reason for asking you to do FBC tho.

Try not to use sponge to have your bath, don't also dry your body with a towel and let's see what happens.

See a doctor too
This is exactly what works for me.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by lonelydora: 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2017
everydayboy:

I'm sorry to disappoint you bro.... There's no help in terms of medics...... You will be wasting your money to be honest. First, I think it's hereditary, it doesn't really have a negative effect .... It's just the discomfort for a period of 5-10 minutes after bath. To tell you that I know what I'm saying; when you put on your clothes, the itching will reduce gradually. Secondly, to reduce the itching and the lasting period, stop or don't use hard sponge. .. me I completely stopped using sponge but used a lot of soap. You can buy pears soap.... It cost about 350h for 1. Why hereditary? It happened to all the boys in my house including my dad from age 15 until we turned 30.

I wish you all the best bro.
Kind regards

It happens to my dad, my sister, and I. Happens to my 3 of my nieces and 2 nephews.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by AbimbolaGCFR(m): 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2017
Use that stone that is recommended for scrubbing the sole of the foot to scrub the whole of your body so that the stuck dirt on your skin can be peeled off.
Thereafter make sure you apply atleast a cap of Z Germicide (Izal) into small bucket of water whenever you want to bathe, making sure that the amount of water will be overpowered by the germicide so that all the infectious micro-organisms in the water can die. Stir the water vigorously and then leave it for twenty minutes before you use it for bathing.
Make sure you don't drink bore hole water, drink only treated sachet or bottled water. I'm experienced and I know what I'm saying.

The ailment is called AQUAGENIC PRURITUS. I was a victim of this for donkey years, after all money spent and the run arounds, I discovered the problem is embeded in the water that we use in everyday life. I found out that it is not a disease, it is natural and the only cure to this ailment is MANAGEMENT.

3 Likes

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Vutseck(m): 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2017
lessie:
It's from the water. You need to opt for another source of water.

I also experience this itching stuff after bath when I was in nija and it never changed during my stay in not less than four Europeans countries

what is your take on that..?

2 Likes

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by iyobs7(f): 5:36pm On Aug 12, 2017
It happens to me too. But in my own case, it only happens when I skip or do not use sponge to take my bath. When next I take my bath, it is a big problem. So make sure you take your bath properly with a sponge. Any soap works for me but I must use sponge or else I will itch badly when next I take my bath.

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Halo22: 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2017
I think I have a different opinion. Op, are you vulnerable to malaria? If yes, always treat it immediately you feel the symptoms cos acute malaria can lead to such itching when water reacts with the soda that is in bathing soap. Am writing from experience.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by exporttraining: 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2017
Get this super healing herbal soap and forget about itching forever

It happens to my dad, my sister, and I. Happens to my 3 of my nieces and 2 nephews. [/quote]

1 Share

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Osasmd: 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2017
queenpin:
But I have noticed that I don't itch in the mornings when am rushing out to work etc. I only itch if I take my bath and am staying back at home or after my evening bath.
That is exactly hw it is doing me...
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Nimi22(f): 5:39pm On Aug 12, 2017
Finally is see ppl who I'm in d same condition with. I just had to stop using sponge and it worked for me. Some days ago i started using baby foam to bath after 7 yrs of not using sponge and there was no itching.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by kenkel: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2017
byemx06:

boil your bathing water before use
true always bath with hot water and stop using sponge

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by MissRaine69(f): 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2017
What do you use to bath with? The sponge, the soap, the shower gel? Elimante those and see if it makes a difference starting with the soap/shower gel.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Xmen149(m): 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2017
tan your sponge and towel after each bath(u can have two,use and tan,while u use the second one next) make sure you dnt use if damp.

Use chlorinated or boiled water (even some water direct from well or borehole still have some harmful elements some delicate skins react to),and detol.

change your soap to much simpler one (some chemical in some soap can finish u before you even finish bathing).

Ask of medical assistance from a doctor if all the above does not work
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Protein0: 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2017
Joygalore:
I typed it already and it is also called complete blood count (CBC).
It can be done in a laboratory.
Post the result here after you have done so I can interprete it for you.
Meanwhile,take piriton one tablet twice daily for 5 days
Please ma, what are we watching out for in the FBC result that will guide the mgt. Thanks
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by luuvlly: 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2017
Stop using sponge for some days. You can bath like twice with soap for some days. After some days, get this hand like sponge. Its very soft. It's made in form of glove dt u can wear. It doesnt cause itching. It has happened to me. Didnt use sponge for years until someone said I shld buy that sponge and that is what have been using. Remember to scrub gently
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Osasmd: 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2017
queenpin:
After am done bathing i apply Vaseline and put on my cloths immediately den leave the house if not it will become intense...it works for me dou..

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Vutseck(m): 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2017
imagefixer:
I was like you until I stopped using sponge and towel all I use now is My hand. And soap and when I feel my skin is dirty I use light shoe brush to scrub my skin with soap and I dont have any serious itching try it

I experienced this problem badly while in nija

currently in overseas where you can't bath without hot water,

that is what did the magic but not just any hot water but blazingly hot, to suit your skin

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Xmen149(m): 5:49pm On Aug 12, 2017
Halo22:
I think I have a different opinion. Op, are you vulnerable to malaria? If yes, always treat it immediately you feel the symptoms cos acute malaria can lead to such itching when water reacts with the soda that is in bathing soap. Am writing from experience.

Not wrong too,.had that once cheesy

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by debiah95(f): 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2017
May be your bathing water or environment, try adding lime to ur bathing water, worked for me when I had rashes which caused serious itching. Not sure it will for u tho just saying..
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by bilulu(m): 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2017
I ve similar case. I tried hot n warm water it didn't work, I tried detol n d likes it didn't work. it stopped wen I stop using sponge but how long will I go without soap n sponge? so I tried toilet soap n it also worked so since den I sticked to premier n Eva soap n it's been cool except or rare cases
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Orpe7(m): 5:58pm On Aug 12, 2017
Change that your 5yr old towel and stop using a lame ass soap
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Freestainworld(m): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2017
one of the causes of itching after bath is rheumatism which in turn causes swelling when scratched but gradually ddissappers after a while, some of this itching can also be caused by allergies, but the best way to calm it down is to take anti- histamine drugs, mostly at night.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by joyfit: 6:03pm On Aug 12, 2017
Have been experiencing the same since 1997 not until 2014 that I discovered some remedies by myself but to cut the story short I can give u 99% assurance if u can take this steps, just stop the following for 3 days (stop using sugar, milk, soft drinks, soup that is too sweet, okra soup) that are what I usually run away for, if I take any of it for 2 day consecutively the scratching will come back. But to my surprise nobody tell me this and I cant even say the reason why all these cause body scratching after talking my birth.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by doctore212(m): 6:04pm On Aug 12, 2017
Well, polycythemia rubra Vera (too much red blood cell) can also cause it especially after hot bath. When you do a FBC it might show a PCV of more than 50 percent.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by doctore212(m): 6:06pm On Aug 12, 2017
Also it might just be due to allergy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

U.S Is Not Prepared For Coronavirus - Health Worker, Maureen Dugan / Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide / Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.