Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,515 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? (42356 Views)

Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? / I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before / Where Was God When He Created Heavens And Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by LordOfNaira: 7:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
I am a traditionalist but I have a lot of respect for people of other faiths. My problem with most Christians is their lack of patience with people of differing faiths or opinions and their unwillingness to argue constructively. Their desire to swallow everything that is in their Bible without even trying to put them into perspectives is worrisome. Their Bible even advises them not to seek knowledge but to follow the teachings in it blindly. When I ask certain questions, they are always quick to quote that their Bible asks them not to question it. Sounds to me like bondage. A normal human being should be able to ask certain questions but the Bible doesn't want Christians to ask questions that is normal for a human being to ask.

Sometimes I ask questions about my origin, my purpose on earth, why whatever created me created me. I don't feel human without these curiosities yet my Christian friends are quick to tell me not to ask questions.

Another thing I have with a lot of Christians is their judgemental attitude. Always quick to condemn you and yet to call Muslims fanatics and all sorts of names.

I am a traditionalist and I believe in good rewards at the end of time. Christians emphasize believing in Jesus as what grants you eternal life. I think this is not OK. I think being good to your fellow human beings is. And most Christians that I know do not even know how to be good to their fellow human beings, especially, if they have differing beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
MetaHuman:
have you seen a rich ritualist?

Killing human beings is not going to give you money.. Don't allow nollywood to brainwash you.
your thoughts
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by ugleenerd: 8:05pm On Aug 09, 2016
Y'all need Jesus.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
honourhim:

You created computer but you are not living inside the computer. God created the universe but he is not living inside the universe with us. Thats the message being passed.

Again you dont posses the same body like the computer, yours is a flesh while the computer is not. Same thing, God does not posses the same flesh with us. While ours is phyiscal, his own is spiritual. Ours is mortal while His is immortal. Get the message and stop fooling yourself.
looks like you have problem with comprehension cos you just repeated everything I said.

Read slowly before you quote.

To a computer, I'm eternal cos I'm not subjected to internal workings of a computer, I created it.
But I have to be somewhere to create computer, which is earth (universe).

Then who created earth, you will say god did it.
Then where was god when he created this universe? Outside universe right? Then who created that outside universe and who created god into outside universe or did he just appear from no where and started creating our universe.
If then so, it means its possible for me to appear from no where and start creating computer out of nothing.

Hope you will read slowly this time and not ramble.

You lot just don't get the idea of eternal god is dumb and not even biblical.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by ogbobo: 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2016
This topic is very intresting and mind spinning.It like where were you before you are conceived?
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by honourhim: 8:48pm On Aug 09, 2016
MetaHuman:
looks like you have problem with comprehension cos you just repeated everything I said.

Read slowly before you quote.

To a computer, I'm eternal cos I'm not subjected to internal workings of a computer, I created it.
But I have to be somewhere to create computer, which is earth (universe).

Then who created earth, you will say god did it.
Then where was god when he created this universe? Outside universe right? Then who created that outside universe and who created god into outside universe or did he just appear from no where and started creating our universe.
If then so, it means its possible for me to appear from no where and start creating computer out of nothing.

Hope you will read slowly this time and not ramble.

You lot just don't get the idea of eternal god is dumb and not even biblical.

you are the one dumb. Does the computer know how you(its creator) came into existence? Then how can your small brain (which you think is big) fashion out how God (your creator) came into existence. You seem to be confused.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 09, 2016
honourhim:

you are the one dumb. Does the computer know how you(its creator) came into existence? Then how can your small brain (which you think is big) fashion out how God (your creator) came into existence. You seem to be confused.
why are you so frustrated ...

You lot want us to believe its impossible for anything to come out of nothing, but you can't explain where your god came from and who created him or his/its world.
We don't even know which of the gods created the universe. Is it Allah, Zeus of yaweh?

I believe superman created you and you will be too stupid not to accept that superham created you..

Bakas.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
God was chilling in his Jacuzzi...all of a sudden, he just wanted to visit Eden, but Eden never set...so God made heaven and earth and set Eden die cool
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Aywire(m): 9:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
What is causing this confusion is that man is confined to time, and with time comes birth and death, thats why every one has a birthday. God does not have a birthday or a calendar or a wall clock, so he never at a time began to exist. He has always been, and will continue to be. Eternity will be such a strange thing for man to comprehend.... Lol
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by softwhispers: 11:26pm On Aug 09, 2016
Software202:
— As explained in a Biblical website.

What Is Heaven Like?

SOME people think that it is impossible to know about heaven because no one has ever come down from there to tell us about it. Perhaps they have forgotten that Jesus said: “I have come down from heaven.” (John 6:38) To some religious leaders, he also said: “You are from the realms below; I am from the realms above.” (John 8:23) What did Jesus say about heaven?

Jesus confirmed that heaven is where Jehovah resides. He called God “my Father who is in heaven.” (Matthew 12:50) But Jesus used the word “heaven” in more than one sense. For example, he referred to the earth’s atmosphere as “heaven” when he said: “Observe intently the birds of heaven.” (Matthew 6:26) Nevertheless, Jehovah lives beyond the atmosphere. The Bible says: “There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth.”—Isaiah 40:22.

Does the “Father who is in heaven” live among the stars? The physical universe is also called “heaven” in the Holy Scriptures. For example, one psalmist wrote: “When I see your heavens, the works of your fingers, the moon and the stars that you have prepared, what is mortal man that you keep him in mind?”—Psalm 8:3, 4.

No, Jehovah God does not have to live inside the physical universe that he created any more than a carpenter has to live inside acupboard that he makes. Thus, when King Solomon dedicated the temple in Jerusalem to Jehovah, he said: “Will God truly dwell upon the earth? Look! The heavens, yes, the heaven of the heavens, themselves cannot contain you; how much less, then, this house that I have built!” (1 Kings 8:27) If Jehovah does not dwell in the physical heaven, what is the heaven where he does dwell?

Although men have studied the physical heavens with powerful telescopes and some have traveled to outer space, what the Bible says remains true: “No man has seen God at any time.” (John 1:18) Jesus explained why when he said: “God is a Spirit.”—John 4:24.

A spirit is a form of life higher than a human. A spirit is not composed of physical material, such as flesh and blood, that can be seen and felt by human senses. So when Jesus said that he used to dwell alongside his Father in “heaven,” he meant that he used to have a form of life that is more glorious than any physical form of life. (John 17:5; Philippians 3:20, 21) This spirit realm where Jesus used to live with his Father is what the Bible calls “heaven.” 

Source: http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2010081?q=carpenter+cupboard&p=par
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by HCpaul(m): 12:00am On Aug 10, 2016
Horlufemi:

Do you believe your mind exists in your body. Where is your mind located in your body?

Do you accept all information comes from a mind? as in no exceptions. You also accept that information can be transmitted, transcribed and copied? Do you accept that I formation and medium are unrelated. e.g. A name on a Microsoft word document and be printed, read, scanned, Ocr sent. the paper is not the information, the screen is not the information, and the air where the name was spoken are not the information. good. The genes that made you up is DNA. right? I hope you accept DNA is not genes and that DNA carries information (genes). The information on the DNA where did it come from? don't tell me random chance, please cos that is like saying you laid up all the components that made up an helicopter on the ground then an hurricane came and blew them together and formed a fully functional helicopter. it can't happen because 2nd law thermodynamics.

so tell me where did the information come from.

Thanks.

This is exactly where the problem lies. How can you prove to me the theory of the supernatural by invoking natural phenomena?
I hereby assume that you are ignorant of the above illustrations and I will break it down for you.

The brain is the hardware of a computer.
And
The mind is the intelligent software.

You can't hold softwares but they are real and natural.

Infact, softwares are part of the hardware itself just that it is a scientific way of manipulating the hardware component effectively. And as for the computers brain, they understand only two languages I.e. 1 and 0.
Every software you run on the computer are just a way of playing scramble with the hardware memory component in order to achieve a particular task and nothing else.
Software is just the trick behind how computers hardware operate.

That of human being may differ based on how the evolutionary process took place.

For people that are not in the field, they may not know how it comes to be but for professionals it is just a process.

When you don't know something, you don't assume to know it by claiming that a devine personality is responsible for it but you instead embark yourself on research until the truth has been discovered.

The value of a man does not depend on the amount of problems he discovered and assume answers for but solely depends on the amount of solutions that he provides to the problems discovered.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by nwamehn: 2:31am On Aug 10, 2016
promise10:

I can't just imagine how foolish you would always sound on nairaland. Imagine the nonsense you wrot up there!

So, you sense never told you that if an self-made eternal being is created then he is not eternal.

God NEVER CAME into existence! He is ETERNAL! Try to learn!

Though u ar making a lot of sense, but if someone doesn't seem to get what u ar trying to explain, perhaps u explain to him better and not insult him first before ur explanation.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by orisa37: 3:16am On Aug 10, 2016
In God's Sphere.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Horlufemi(m): 5:15am On Aug 10, 2016
HCpaul:

This is exactly where the problem lies. How can you prove to me the theory of the supernatural by invoking natural phenomena?
I hereby assume that you are ignorant of the above illustrations and I will break it down for you.

The brain is the hardware of a computer.
And
The mind is the intelligent software.

You can't hold softwares but they are real and natural.

Infact, softwares are part of the hardware itself just that it is a scientific way of manipulating the hardware component effectively. And as for the computers brain, they understand only two languages I.e. 1 and 0.
Every software you run on the computer are just a way of playing scramble with the hardware memory component in order to achieve a particular task and nothing else.
Software is just the trick behind how computers hardware operate.

That of human being may differ based on how the evolutionary process took place.

For people that are not in the field, they may not know how it comes to be but for professionals it is just a process.

When you don't know something, you don't assume to know it by claiming that a devine personality is responsible for it but you instead embark yourself on research until the truth has been discovered.

The value of a man does not depend on the amount of problems he discovered and assume answers for but solely depends on the amount of solutions that he provides to the problems discovered.

software is not part of the hardware oga. The human mind isn't natural, you can copy software, you can't copy the mind from one human to another human you know you can install different OS on the same Hardware.
You also mean to tell me that an amoeba has a mind too. interesting.

I see you avoided the other part. answer the other part. Information/DNA.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by raphieMontella: 5:43am On Aug 10, 2016
Horlufemi:

software is not part of the hardware oga. The human mind isn't natural, you can copy software, you can't copy the mind from one human to another human you know you can install different OS on the same Hardware.
You also mean to tell me that an amoeba has a mind too. interesting.

I see you avoided the other part. answer the other part. Information/DNA.

nt a mind..go read up neuroscience man..
Its all back to the survival instinct we all have...
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by raphieMontella: 5:53am On Aug 10, 2016
lol...god cud exist without being created..bt the universe cant also apply the same pattern..lol..
Christians claim to refute abiogenesis bt believe in it more than atheists...
Gen:let the earth bring forth animals...let the water bring forth fish...lol

waters of two different densities do not mix...
The air in a sphere(3d) cannot be be injected into a rectangle(2d)...(my hypothesis tho)..for those saying he is awtside space time...

Christians and flawed logics are bff's

Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by raphieMontella: 5:56am On Aug 10, 2016
^^^

Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Horlufemi(m): 5:59am On Aug 10, 2016
raphieMontella:

nt a mind..go read up neuroscience man..
Its all back to the survival instinct we all have...

lol, I agree to disagree. Mr atheist.

you keep avoiding the other part of my question. I hope you won't avoid it again.

Do you accept all information comes from a mind? as in no exceptions. You also accept that information can be transmitted, transcribed and copied? Do you accept that I formation and medium are unrelated. e.g. A name on a Microsoft word document and be printed, read, scanned, Ocr sent. the paper is not the information, the screen is not the information, and the air where the name was spoken are not the information. good. The genes that made you up is DNA. right? I hope you accept DNA is not genes and that DNA carries information (genes). The information on the DNA where did it come from? don't tell me random chance, please cos that is like saying you laid up all the components that made up an helicopter on the ground then an hurricane came and blew them together and formed a fully functional helicopter. it can't happen because 2nd law thermodynamics.
Thanks.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Nobody: 6:04am On Aug 10, 2016

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by fowosh: 6:51am On Aug 10, 2016
if u c Him ..ask him
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 10, 2016
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by raphieMontella: 8:18am On Aug 10, 2016
Horlufemi:

lol, I agree to disagree. Mr atheist.

you keep avoiding the other part of my question. I hope you won't avoid it again.

Do you accept all information comes from a mind? as in no exceptions. You also accept that information can be transmitted, transcribed and copied? Do you accept that I formation and medium are unrelated. e.g. A name on a Microsoft word document and be printed, read, scanned, Ocr sent. the paper is not the information, the screen is not the information, and the air where the name was spoken are not the information. good. The genes that made you up is DNA. right? I hope you accept DNA is not genes and that DNA carries information (genes). The information on the DNA where did it come from? .
because 2nd law thermodynamics.
Thanks.
clearly u dnt know what the 2nd law of thermodynamics is...it has ntin to do wit dna sequencing...it deals with entropy..
And ure mistaking it...
All information is stored in our dna...abiogenesis didnt occur by chance... Biochemistry is not chance. It inevitably
produces complex products. Amino acids and
other complex molecules are even known to
form in space....

Nobody knows what the most primitive cells
looked like. All the cells around today are the
product of billions of years of evolution. The
earliest self-replicator was likely very much
simpler than anything alive today; self-
replicating molecules need not be all that complex and protein bulding systems can also be simple

Nobody denies that the origin of life is an extremely difficult problem. That it has
not been solved, though, does not mean it is
impossible. In fact, there has been much work
in this area, leading to several possible origins
for life on earth...

don't tell me random chance, please cos that is like saying you laid up all the components that made up an helicopter on the ground then an hurricane came and blew them together and formed a fully functional helicopter. it can't happen
if u mean order coming from chaos.....
Growth and order can be seen arising
without a program in many places. Clouds form complex orderly patterns. Streams sort
the size of the stones in their bed along their
length. Cooling basalt forms a hexagonal
pattern of cracks. All of these show an increase
in organization, and none involve any
program.....

The second law of thermodynamics is about
spontaneous heat flow or, more generally,
about the impossibility to perform useful work
indefinitely

Evolution does not violate the second law
of thermodynamics. Order emerges from
disorder all the time

The sun provides more than enough
energy to drive things. If a mature tomato plant can
have more usable energy than the seed it grew
from, why should anyone expect that the next
generation of tomatoes can't have more usable energy still?

However,
not only is life irrelevant to the 2nd law, but order
from disorder is common in nonliving systems, too.
Snowflakes, sand dunes, tornadoes, stalactites, graded river beds, and lightning and embryos develop, etc.are just a few
examples of order coming from disorder in nature;
none require an intelligent program to achieve that
order.

If order from disorder is supposed to violate the 2nd law of
thermodynamics, why is it ubiquitous in nature?
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by raphieMontella: 8:23am On Aug 10, 2016
jackpiperr:
You are probably sitting there thinking you are very smart and have made sense . I know you feel you should be atheist because Christianity and Islam were propagated in Africa by colonialist. Remember that Atheism is also a western concept and is propagated by neocolonialism.

You posted a mockful illustration which read " created earth.billions of other planets for scenery." I want to tell you that the entire universe was created by God's grand design . His wisdom is infinite . He created trillions of solar systems and galaxies and he created numerous beings in the multiverse.Human beings are just one of billions of other living species in the universe.There are millions of other mysteries we haven't even discovered yet. In fact,there are thousands of undiscovered and unnamed underwater and land animals on earth alone. The bible or Koran is talking to you based on your limited human understanding . It tells you about the basics animals we are familiar with like fish of the sea. No need to include shrimps,and other sea animals. . No need to tell you about the other beings in the universe. No need to say "in the beginning ,God created the sun,mercury ,Venus ,earth ,mars ,Uranus ,Neptune ,asteroids,etc" All of that is irrelevant. also,it says you are created from dust . No need to go into detail about the entire biological process of cell formation. In many ways ,the bible speaks in metaphors.Adam and eve story ,and Noah's ark may be metaphorical. The earth was not created 6,000 years ago,it could have been created 1 or 2 or 3 million years ago. the date structure we have today are new concepts .There was nothing like Tuesday or Wednesday or year 2007. all of these are new concepts within the last 2000 years .
Even without the bible ,all human beings are embedded with a conscience of right and wrong . The bible was compiled overtime . there are tens of other books that did not make the final compilation. The book was compiled by humans based on what we felt necessary and beneficial enough. many words and meanings have been lost through translations . Also ,keep in mind that some of the epistles like book of Job,Thessalonians ,PROVERBS ,ETC. are personal,but very relevant and beneficial thoughts penned by individuals in form of journals. There's bound to be human fallibility in the bible. For example ,Paul writes a letter to his congregation and tell them that they are living in the last days and there'll be earthquakes,lawlessness,etc" well,it's been 2000 years now and the world hasn't ended ,and there's always been lawlessness and earthquake. Paul was only expressing his personal feelings based on the atmosphere at that time .

The ultimate message of God for humans which can found in all human conscience, bible ,Koran and other religions is simply "love your fellow humans as you love your self" That is the one and only true religion. Anything outside of that is man made doctrine.
whether or not you chose to believe this fact is totally irrelevant to me . But the reality remains the same . Everyone will eventually find out .
did u type all these for me?...lol
the reasonable dudes have picked up the meaning of what m implying...
The ignorant persons like u wud still spew ignorance awt..the same way u spew awt disbelief in abiogenesis..bt believe it in a biblical sense...a
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by raphieMontella: 8:38am On Aug 10, 2016

jackpiperr

u knw the bible is limited human understanding and still u folllow it and complain abt it..bro pls choose one...are u a christian or a deist or an atheist?..stop interchanging/entangling urself in all..
I personally suspect ure tryna play pascal's wager...

U know the god(cud be natural) who created the universe is nt the biblical one(u believe in the

multiverse.)nd still wriggle abt?

M glad u knw the true religion is ''LOVE''...im impressed

m also glad u knw religion is man made and that god of the universe(cud be nature) is not an abrahamic god...

That god of the universe(cud be natural) wud nt need ur tiny worship...

Ure mixed up bro...find urself...quit that pascal's wager shvt...
The fear of hell...lol...overcome it...
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Horlufemi(m): 9:06am On Aug 10, 2016
raphieMontella:

clearly u dnt know what the 2nd law of thermodynamics is...it has ntin to do wit dna sequencing...it deals with entropy..
And ure mistaking it...
All information is stored in our dna...abiogenesis didnt occur by chance... Biochemistry is not chance. It inevitably
produces complex products. Amino acids and
other complex molecules are even known to
form in space....

Nobody knows what the most primitive cells
looked like. All the cells around today are the
product of billions of years of evolution. The
earliest self-replicator was likely very much
simpler than anything alive today; self-
replicating molecules need not be all that complex and protein bulding systems can also be simple

Nobody denies that the origin of life is an extremely difficult problem. That it has
not been solved, though, does not mean it is
impossible. In fact, there has been much work
in this area, leading to several possible origins
for life on earth...

if u mean order coming from chaos.....
Growth and order can be seen arising
without a program in many places. Clouds form complex orderly patterns. Streams sort
the size of the stones in their bed along their
length. Cooling basalt forms a hexagonal
pattern of cracks. All of these show an increase
in organization, and none involve any
program.....

The second law of thermodynamics is about
spontaneous heat flow or, more generally,
about the impossibility to perform useful work
indefinitely

Evolution does not violate the second law
of thermodynamics. Order emerges from
disorder all the time

The sun provides more than enough
energy to drive things. If a mature tomato plant can
have more usable energy than the seed it grew
from, why should anyone expect that the next
generation of tomatoes can't have more usable energy still?

However,
not only is life irrelevant to the 2nd law, but order
from disorder is common in nonliving systems, too.
Snowflakes, sand dunes, tornadoes, stalactites, graded river beds, and lightning and embryos develop, etc.are just a few
examples of order coming from disorder in nature;
none require an intelligent program to achieve that
order.

If order from disorder is supposed to violate the 2nd law of
thermodynamics, why is it ubiquitous in nature?

I'm not talking of order and patterns. patterns can be made from anywhere and carry no information. it's just patterns nothing more nothing less. it's like saying all pieces of paper with musical notes on them are nothing but rectangles. they are rectangles but have musical notes written on them. the notes can be transcribed to an instrument and be listened to. that's information. DNA isn't a pattern. the helix is a pattern the information the helix carries isn't a pattern. since you can't answer me where the information comes from. I will still believe there is a God. Please, don't tell me by chance. I've crunched the numbers. It's impossible. it was created purposely, by who? be my guest.

I mean information. Information shouldn't stand without being destroyed.

life happening by chance is impossible. crunch the numbers and try it yourself. You will see.

I expected that from you.

It takes more faith to believe in evolution than to believe in God.

You can't rule out a creator

I used to be an atheist but men u can't rule out a creator.

blame all the people who use God's name to commit atrocities.

There is a creator you can deny it but deep down you long for him and u know he's already connected to you.

You see these scientists they don't know jack rather than say they don't know they keep directing all honor away from God.

blah blah blah you still don't believe. do your own findings.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 10, 2016
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by raphieMontella: 10:34am On Aug 10, 2016
Horlufemi:

I'm not talking of order and patterns. patterns can be made from anywhere and carry no information. it's just patterns nothing more nothing less. it's like saying all pieces of paper with musical notes on them are nothing but rectangles. they are rectangles but have musical notes written on them. the notes can be transcribed to an instrument and be listened to. that's information. DNA isn't a pattern. the helix is a pattern the information the helix carries isn't a pattern. since you can't answer me where the information comes from. I will still believe there is a God. Please, don't tell me by chance. I've crunched the numbers. It's impossible. it was created purposely, by who? be my guest.

I mean information. Information shouldn't stand without being destroyed.

life happening by chance is impossible. crunch the numbers and try it yourself. You will see.

I expected that from you.

It takes more faith to believe in evolution than to believe in God.

You can't rule out a creator

I used to be an atheist but men u can't rule out a creator.

blame all the people who use God's name to commit atrocities.

There is a creator you can deny it but deep down you long for him and u know he's already connected to you.

You see these scientists they don't know jack rather than say they don't know they keep directing all honor away from God.

blah blah blah you still don't believe. do your own findings.
information coded in dna?...
I doubt uve done a core research or were deeply scientifically inclined...
Evolution doesnt take faith...twist it however u want...evolution is a fact...u mistake fact for faith..i might as well say believing that the earth is suspended by gravity in space is faith and all other scientific established theories...
What u can say takes faith is ''abiogenesis'' bt by a little scale...its much easier to believe in a god than to find out the truth...

Like i said....life on early earth may not have been complex like it is now...
Nobody said life happened by chance...
What is as a result of chance is the position of our earth in the universe...we are products of evolution...going back in time is really hard especially life's origin..so take ur time nd read what i sent above nd below

Once a molecule forms
that is approximately self-replicating, natural
selection will guide the formation of ever more
efficient replicators. The first self-replicating object
didn't need to be as complex as a modern cell or even a strand of DNA. Some self-replicating
molecules are not really all that complex (as
organic molecules go).

One's inability to find an answer to a question does not imply
that the question has no answer...
And does nt definitely imply god...

We have seen stars form awta supernova and planets forming also...all without the help of a ''god''
...on dna... Information is not meaning and does not, per
se, imply any special structure or function.

Any
arrangement implies information; the
information is how the arrangement is
described. If a new arrangement occurs,
whether spontaneously or from the outside, new information is assembled in the process.
Even if the arrangement consists of shattering
a glass into tiny pieces, that means assembling
new information. Nothing needs to assemble itself.

DNA could have evolved gradually from a
simpler replicator; RNA is a likely candidate,
since it can catalyze its own duplication.The RNA itself could have had
simpler precursors, such as peptide nucleic acids..A deoxyribozyme
can both catalyze its own replication and
function to cleave RNA -- all without any
protein enzymes...
All i do know is that origin of life(bio life) is a knowledge block for now...but science is jst a baby...in the next centuryy..science wud have been dope...u see the tin is...
Your argument creates a god of
the gaps. Gods were responsible for lightning and thunder
until we determined natural causes for
lightning, for infectious diseases until we
found bacteria and viruses, for mental illness
until we found biochemical causes for them. God is confined only to those parts of the
universe we do not know about, and that
keeps shrinking...
Well everyone has a choice..bt as for me and my generation..I(we) will nt fill a knowledge block with a god...
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by raphieMontella: 11:28am On Aug 10, 2016
jackpiperr:
I'm Baptist . it's difficult quitting something you've done all your life . It's also good to go out and mingle with others instead of staying at home on a Sunday. But I developed my personal belief based on my observations and reasoning.. In fact ,I had never heard of deism nor pascal Wager until now . I just read about the deism and it seems my beliefs leans a little towards that.
I believe without a doubt that there's a God .I believe that all religions are trying to say the same thing,and the theme of it all is simply "Try your best to be good to your fellow humans" . The only difference between the religions are irrelevant man-made doctrines. All the parables in Koran and bible have the same aim. teachings of Jesus and Buddha and teachings found in Koran are the same .Do not steal,do not kill,etc. Allah is just an Arabic name for God as Yahweh is Hebrew and Jehovah is English . even Christians in middle east still call God Allah because Allah means God . There's an afterlife and there's ample evidence for this . we are spirit beings and when your body dies ,you live on in spirit .

the life of this world is short lived and is a test. every situation and hurdle we face in life is a part of our lesson and what our soul needs to learn and grow . by loving your fellow humans and doing good , you worship God .

If you do not believe there's a God or that we are spirit beings existing temporarily in this physicality,then everything that've said would be pointless to you. My idea of God is this: [size=18pt]All[/size]

im happy u get the idea that religion is supposed to be centred on love...bt these days its smtin else...jesus's teachings were majorly love...his two commandments are love...
Bt religions mistranslate their holy books...

I do not believe in the after life...
I believe that when u die...u die and cease to be in existence...jst like u were non existent before u were conceived...
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by honourhim: 11:42am On Aug 10, 2016
MetaHuman:
why are you so frustrated ...

You lot want us to believe its impossible for anything to come out of nothing, but you can't explain where your god came from and who created him or his/its world.
We don't even know which of the gods created the universe. Is it Allah, Zeus of yaweh?

I believe superman created you and you will be too stupid not to accept that superham created you..

Bakas.
You have finally displayed your gross stupldity.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by winj3: 11:52am On Aug 10, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
whats your point ? that God does not exist ?

So why does god keep playing hide and seek with mumu Christians?
why does prayers not work?
Why do you have to pray several times a day for years and decades, is god deaf?
Fulani herdsmen pray before going for attacks, the victims also pray...god must like the herdsmen prayer more?

Commonsense should solve this god matter, ah but wait majority of black africans are lacking it
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by freeedosa(m): 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2016
WHERE DO GOD COME FROM

BREAKING THE CODES ON TOUGH BIBLICAL QUESTIONS
He was in eternity.

I hope this answer their questions. We BELIEVE before we UNDERSTAND and that's FAITH.

flash=200,200[/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CcWao4ZK_Y]
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 10, 2016
honourhim:

You have finally displayed your gross stupldity.
hahahahahaha frustrated Dumbass.

Abeg take your empty brain outta here lemme someone with brain quote me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Know Why You Want Sex / Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.