Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband (43412 Views)

This Couple Graduated From High School In 2015, Got Married And Bought A House / She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? / I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by Jimbadly: 11:46pm On Aug 08, 2016
sisisioge:

Jimmy, why would say this? The lady just wrote that her husband,who is supposed to be her best friend and confidant ,would rather play the role of her fore-ancestor. How's she supposed to find happiness with him? Happiness is waking up in the morning, looking at the person sleeping beside you, planting a long kiss on his lips and saying 'hallos' sleepy head. Not the good morning daddy shiit! I kinda have an idea of what she's going thru cos I once dated a guy almost 8yrs older. Guy was happy to be my 'baby' when it pleases him but my daddy most of the time. We couldn't make it of course, it was a century too late for that.

By the way OP, thank you for taking him off the shelf. May God help you.

Well, some guys are naturally like that. We all have our peculiar idiosyncracies. We all are wired differently. I for one am an exact opposite of this lady's husband. I can't fathom how a guy would derive satisfaction from treating his wife the way our fore-fathers treated their wives. Absolutely no joy in that. I'd prefer a wife I'll frolic and play with like two frisky puppies.

We just have to accept the fact that personality differs. That is the man's perception of how a wife should be treated. That is him naturally, he's set in his character. Little can be done to change him. And honestly, I do not have an atom of pity for the Op. She cannot claim ignorance of the man's character before she married him. She prolly married him for flimsy reasons other than happiness, perhaps on account of his looks or money, hoping that everything will turn out fine not knowing that she was in for a rude awakening.

Let her bear her cross. If she can't put up with his bossy attitude, let her file for divorce.

3 Likes

Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by iPopAlomo(m): 12:11am On Aug 09, 2016
Babztemmy:
My husband is 31, am 28.

and you didn't marry for money...?

1 Like

Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by baby124: 1:10am On Aug 09, 2016
If he's that young, it's just immaturity battling him. He never see problem that will make him very flexible in life. He still has time to learn. You married an insecure baby boy. Pele tie.

1 Like

Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by Fawklicant: 1:24am On Aug 09, 2016
Bia em, madam deal with your issues. I got enough ish to deal with than read every long epistle I see on NL. At the end of the day, it is your marriage, for better for worse. I''m not gonna be consulted during the good times, so I sure as phuck am not gonna waltz in during the bad times either. Too many people bitching about their private affairs online. Not a healthy development at all. Go see a counsellor who''ll tell you as it is, not this online feel good party. By counsellor, I do not mean a pastor either. Get a clear perspective of your issues devoid of religious sentiments.

It just shows how immature most of our young married folks are. Allowing the society to pressure them into submission. Fancy proposals, fancy engagement, fancy wedding ceremony then they cap it up with juvenile marital mentality and non commital sense of approach to struggles.

Both o' y''all need to grow the phuck up!
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by Gus57(m): 1:46am On Aug 09, 2016
EternalBeing:

What happened to for better for worse? GOD hates divorce! The guy is not womanizing, he's not Poor, not even that he's a wife-beater or trying to use her for money rituals. Why on GOD's green Earth would you advise her to divorce. Watch your soul before you find yourself in hellfire. Even if you are hell-bent on going to hell, don't take her with you....

It is clearly evident that you are one of those that read the bible upside down. Why, if I may ask, on God's green earth, would you quote one mere part out of context just to make a weak point? God never said He hates the divorcee-He said He hates divorce. So PLEASE don't dabble hell when reflecting your ignorance. It's a worse case scenario at best, at that can shock some into sitting up. I don't advocate divorce, but a miserable marriage also kills the soul and opens the door to all manner of unfavourable results. Please, endeavour to read carefully- then read thoroughly again for good measure before spewing your guts for the general public. I no know who send you, but tell them you didn't see me.

1 Like

Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by kally90(f): 7:13am On Aug 09, 2016
AuroraB:
You lots sha sad War Room applies in every marriage ni undecided
Yeah

1 Like

Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by ehissi(m): 7:32am On Aug 09, 2016
Babztemmy:

@freshraymond. Thank you. We dated for only two months. But we knew we liked eachother. The mistake we made was we had no clue it doesn't and by liking. Okay now we both now actually realise we don't understand each other AT ALL. When we argue he reminds me that it was his mum who begged him to stay cause I was pregnant for him but planned pregnancy we both planned it. When we argue he also reminds me of how he wished he never settled down with me. When he is angry like this am his greatest night mare. Sometimes I just want to run away as in far away from him. He HATES me sooo much when he is angry. What keeps me going is he is really nice. He is a very nice guy and that's my encouragement he gives me everything I ask for, interms of finances, and then our sexual life is perfect. BUT the understanding each other aspect is not working. I don't know what else to do

This may sound quite awkward, but from the moment I saw this thread and the opening post; all I could just see is "affair! affair!! affair!!!".

Considering that you liked each other at one time and that you "planned" your first pregnancy together, I posit that he may have another woman who is giving him the romance his soul needs.

In or out of the bedroom, every man craves for some form of romance; something that reminds him of his value as a man.

And if he isn't receiving it from you, he is getting it from someplace else. At this point I suggest you look for someone who you mutually respect and seek their intervention about your concerns (it could be a religious cleric or an uncle or family member).

Also try and remain prayerful and continue to observe the situation for opportunities to bring in a little bit of romance - or occasions to show you appreciate him as your husband.
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by Fastpace(f): 9:34am On Aug 09, 2016
Babztemmy:
I have being married for 5years and sadly I still dont feel so close to my husband. I got the bible says when two come together they become one. That is that become friends, right? But sadly it doesn't feel like it. My hubby is the kind that likes FULL time respect; greet me when you wake up in the morning, great me when I come back from work, (yes wives please greet your hubbys oo) am heading somewhere with this please dont judge me yet, don't go out without telling me, don't put your hands in my pocket, what are you looking for, don't talk .

While am talking (that is even understandable tho) many more I can't mention. Don't tap me on my shoulders if you want to talk to me, don't, don't, don't.

He also isn't romantic, he hates me been romantic around him, it gets him upset. Its been 4years plus and we still argue ALOT. I thought they said the first 3years is the time of misunderstandings but its 4years now and still nothing has really changed.

Sometimes i try to make him talk maybe am not doing something right, and he just always seems to find a fault. Either I don't have respect or I don't have respect or I don't obey him everything calls to respect. Well it's not like I don't respect him or I just wake up in the morning and start disrespecting him. No, it's always in the cause of an argument so while am trying to justify myself or win the case, the disrespect sorts of crops it's way in, but fews hours later you will see me back all over him, trying to make peace but by then I have lost all my worth. He is way closer to his mum and sister than even to me. He prefers to Share all his secrets with them than with me.

Last two weeks was like the saddest day of my life in this marriage journey. He bought a car for his mum, he didn't tell me, the car slept in the house over night I didn't know, on my way back from my outing I saw my hubby in a new car driving down with his mum, In amazement I came down to ask whose car it was and how come I was kept in the dark, then his mum said "it's my car didn't you know?" I felt like a stranger all over again. I called his mum on the phone few mins after I left the embarrasing scene to ask why her son didn't share the good news to me knowing fully well i'm not against him buying her a car. And she said my husband said i didn't greet my hubby the night before and also that morning. Yes I remeber not greeting him the night before cause we had little issue and i just thought to do small shakara, then my not greeting him that morning wasn't intentional, I even apologised immediately my husband cautioned me and I thought we were fine. But I guess we weren't. This is where friendship comes in marriage. No matter what your partner does( as long as it's not adultery or some other serious things I know some women can do.) I feel you should still be able to still give her the respect due. Abi I really wish out vind could grow stronger, it's bin 4years and my hubby doenst know my dress size, or shoe size or favorite artist or favourite food, my choice of music, my choice of anything, he hardly laughs at my joke, I can't tickle him or throw a pillow at him he will term it as lack of repect, I can't call him "ode"while joking he will say am rude, It's plenty ooo. I thought marriage was more you both becoming friends. Don't you think life is too short to be rigid ALL the time. My husband is very rigid it scares me alot if I would be able to go on for long.. I love him very much than anything in the world but he doesn't feel that way or that much for me. Not like he doesn't love me. But I think I love him more. So we are probably not on the same page. i want to be the one he can run to anyday anytime, share his secrets with, want to be the one that has the power to put the best smile on his face, but each time i try, i fail. WHY?? Is there still hope.

Anyone in the house who has testimonies of marriage getting better after 4years. Cause i feel if you fail the first 3years you may never get it right. Mhen ladies you got to get it RIGHT from the beginning to avoid stories..
Internet couples' leave us alone wit una drama.First nah broda in-law,den Mama,nw nah hubby....abeg mk we hear word jare.Ur hubby doesn't seem lyk wat u describe him to be abi no b MOUTHCUFF wey una dey yabb una slf...in be` lara yin,,,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by habsydiamond(m): 11:35am On Aug 09, 2016
In my own opinion I think two of u are more of a master and slave than to an husband and wife. Marriage is a union where both man and woman share everything together, love, happiness, sorrow, joy, secrets, solutions, decisions and so on. If these are not visible that means there is something wrong with one of the persons involved. I advice u pray for ur husband.
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by fisayoolowo: 2:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
I don't think she offended him cause some men are just sadists. They would intimidate you mentally. It would be like nothing you do is good enough for them. You can only be happy when they are happy. My dear just be looking at him o cause I really do not think he wants you to have a mind of your own. Those kind of men are selfish. So on days that he shows you small love. It would be like you're in heaven and when he's angry its always your fault. Ur in it already. Just ensure that he doesn't take away your Joy and please stop being dependent on him.

2 Likes

Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by flyca: 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2016
@OP Babztemmy.
Madam, where do you live? In Nigeria or abroad? Lol

You seem to me like one who got married because your husband is rich? He probably was your most generous chyker and even promised you "abroad". I just read one of your 2013 threads. Hehe.

Anyways, kpele o. Carry your cross. 反正我还没结婚 cheesy
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by Babamama: 4:38pm On Aug 09, 2016
undecided undecided undecided
LordaGuru:

His Money entered into her eyes and head u mean to say?! Birds of a feather. Just like you, this lady is covetousness personified! She married the guy because of his money. Now she's looking for justification to do the next wickedness on her mind; using the guys money to lure a supposed good-listener guy into infidelity she craves for. She probably already has one of her numerous old boyfriends on mind. This wonderful husband works his arse out daily to provide all your lazy-lousy butts' needs and still manage to fvck you so hard at nights instead of sleeping and resting as deserved. YET you still come here ranting?! You want a perfect man; a man that has EVERYTHING. You refused to accept and love him with his imperfections like you don't know that NoBoDY is perfect. Women!!! Most are simply insatiable! I feel so sorry for your wonderful husband. Truth be told; he deserves a much better wife than you heartless bbitch!

1 Like

Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by frudum(m): 6:07pm On Aug 09, 2016
AntiWailer:
Why did u marry him ?

Peer pressure ?

Money ?

He was nice ?

Answer that question in ur heart first.

mumu! 'ode' means I love You. even 'big head' get e own romantic mening.
He knows you very well and knows throwing Pillow and tickling will lead to other stupeed things like you calling him "Ode".

So y want to call ur hubby "Ode" ?

u get problem ooo.

Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by frudum(m): 6:08pm On Aug 09, 2016
AntiWailer:
Why did u marry him ?

Peer pressure ?

Money ?

He was nice ?

Answer that question in ur heart first.

He knows you very well and knows throwing Pillow and tickling will lead to other stupeed things like you calling him "Ode".

So y want to call ur hubby "Ode" ?

u get problem ooo.

mumu! 'ode' means I love You. even 'big head' get e own romantic meaning.
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by AntiWailer: 6:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
frudum:

mumu! 'ode' means I love You. even 'big head' get e own romantic meaning.

Is orait. grin grin grin
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by poppop: 6:42pm On Aug 09, 2016
q
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by Nobody: 4:17am On Aug 10, 2016
Babztemmy:
I have being married for 5years and sadly I still dont feel so close to my husband. I got the bible says when two come together they become one. That is that become friends, right? But sadly it doesn't feel like it. My hubby is the kind that likes FULL time respect; greet me when you wake up in the morning, great me when I come back from work, (yes wives please greet your hubbys oo) am heading somewhere with this please dont judge me yet, don't go out without telling me, don't put your hands in my pocket, what are you looking for, don't talk .

While am talking (that is even understandable tho) many more I can't mention. Don't tap me on my shoulders if you want to talk to me, don't, don't, don't.

He also isn't romantic, he hates me been romantic around him, it gets him upset. Its been 4years plus and we still argue ALOT. I thought they said the first 3years is the time of misunderstandings but its 4years now and still nothing has really changed.

Sometimes i try to make him talk maybe am not doing something right, and he just always seems to find a fault. Either I don't have respect or I don't have respect or I don't obey him everything calls to respect. Well it's not like I don't respect him or I just wake up in the morning and start disrespecting him. No, it's always in the cause of an argument so while am trying to justify myself or win the case, the disrespect sorts of crops it's way in, but fews hours later you will see me back all over him, trying to make peace but by then I have lost all my worth. He is way closer to his mum and sister than even to me. He prefers to Share all his secrets with them than with me.

Last two weeks was like the saddest day of my life in this marriage journey. He bought a car for his mum, he didn't tell me, the car slept in the house over night I didn't know, on my way back from my outing I saw my hubby in a new car driving down with his mum, In amazement I came down to ask whose car it was and how come I was kept in the dark, then his mum said "it's my car didn't you know?" I felt like a stranger all over again. I called his mum on the phone few mins after I left the embarrasing scene to ask why her son didn't share the good news to me knowing fully well i'm not against him buying her a car. And she said my husband said i didn't greet my hubby the night before and also that morning. Yes I remeber not greeting him the night before cause we had little issue and i just thought to do small shakara, then my not greeting him that morning wasn't intentional, I even apologised immediately my husband cautioned me and I thought we were fine. But I guess we weren't. This is where friendship comes in marriage. No matter what your partner does( as long as it's not adultery or some other serious things I know some women can do.) I feel you should still be able to still give her the respect due. Abi I really wish out vind could grow stronger, it's bin 4years and my hubby doenst know my dress size, or shoe size or favorite artist or favourite food, my choice of music, my choice of anything, he hardly laughs at my joke, I can't tickle him or throw a pillow at him he will term it as lack of repect, I can't call him "ode"while joking he will say am rude, It's plenty ooo. I thought marriage was more you both becoming friends. Don't you think life is too short to be rigid ALL the time. My husband is very rigid it scares me alot if I would be able to go on for long.. I love him very much than anything in the world but he doesn't feel that way or that much for me. Not like he doesn't love me. But I think I love him more. So we are probably not on the same page. i want to be the one he can run to anyday anytime, share his secrets with, want to be the one that has the power to put the best smile on his face, but each time i try, i fail. WHY?? Is there still hope.

Anyone in the house who has testimonies of marriage getting better after 4years. Cause i feel if you fail the first 3years you may never get it right. Mhen ladies you got to get it RIGHT from the beginning to avoid stories..

This is exactly what you get when you marry
an already made man order than some one
you build a relationship with

do not expect any positive change bcs the
the person you married is a total stranger
if you had dated him you won't be here
complain as you would've seen your not
ment for each other

especially ladies makes such costly mistakes
thinking they can remould a suitor while
abandoning her sweat boyfriend that knows
how to press her buttons

aperantly, you married this stranger bcs
of money and not for love and you want to
eat your cake and have it...no way! !

you didn't tell us about your ex you broke
his heart and dumped in order to marry
a man you just meet

babe girl...
this is your own cross you have to
carry it alone
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by Nobody: 5:12am On Aug 10, 2016
ogawisdom:

Ur husband is a traditional African man and wants traditional African marriage. Y shld greeting ur husband always even when u have issues be a problem? U want to call him ode jokingly when playing dts a no no for him. Pls adjust to ur husband's personality and stop trying to change him. 4yrs is sufficient to kw him n wat works with him. This is marriage not a nollywood love scene

pls I'm trying to figure out what "ode" stands
for
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by Nobody: 5:26am On Aug 10, 2016
lady25:

Right here is a perfect description of the op's husband (ladies beware). If I can't play with my husband then who? Marriage isn't a slave trade affair. My husband should be my brother, friend, father, etc.
@ op don't call ur husband names. Calling him 'ode' no be joke o

what's 'ode'
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by Nobody: 5:51am On Aug 10, 2016
sexymoma:
Ignore him for awhile... Greet him every morning and do your things on your own...aint talking about personal needs ooo
As in put him in his place... Fine he doesn't want you to joke around with him leave him... Play with your kids
He keeps things away from you... Do the same.. Keep things away from him.. Don't tell him what you gonna do next... If he sits, sits nd Jos ignore him... Don't get me wrong ain't saying you should keep malice with him ooo... Buh i bet you he is doing all these becos you are giving him too much attention..

then what is essence of marriage if not to
have a good companion

shey na by fire or force to stay married when
there's no happiness, mutual understanding
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 10, 2016
Florena:
I so much feel your plight and I understand how you are feeling. I don't know why people are blaming you though, it's very obvious your husband is a typical traditional, ego-driven, proud man. He wants all the kneeling down to greet me stuff. Then I ask myself what is marriage without romance and there can never be romance where ur husband sees you as a lower breed, I mean why can't I greet my husband in d morning with a kiss?
My advice is if u want to keep this marriage so badly then u Ave to act like he's nt always around, fall in love with something else nt someone (do not cheat) get busy cos believe me, he's nt going to change, NEVER!!!

you don't know why people are blaming her?
you better take a lesson from her,
discover your man the person you want to
spend your entire life with during cuts hip

she was blinded by material gift and ignoring
their compatibility
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by sexymoma(f): 6:45am On Aug 10, 2016
carmag:

then what is essence of marriage if not to
have a good companion

shey na by fire or force to stay married when
there's no happiness, mutual understanding
are you trying to tell her she should get a divorce angry
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 10, 2016
badboy92:
How do you dress at home? hope you don't wear those long mary amaka gowns at home while some other bitch is dressing to kill?
well, find out those attributes that made him fall in love with you, ignite it.
Am suspecting his an introvert, so you gatta try to understand him too...
most importantly, sit him down and discuss this issue with him, tell him how much you
love him and how much your hurt by his actions...

if you read her second part of the story, her
hubby married her to appease his mother
it's not about dressing, my uncle is in a similar
case like that, no dating hence he has turned
his wife to a punching bag even in the public

mean while there was a lady he dated for
good five years and I hardly had any
disagreement btw them bcs we stayed under
one roof
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 10, 2016
jaydee87:
sis try and understand him first, know him well. what are the tins he like and dont like. if u done with this then work on them..

to understand him after 5yrs..hmmm

i won't say anything again
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by Florena(f): 8:20am On Aug 10, 2016
carmag:

you don't know why people are blaming her?
you better take a lesson from her,
discover your man the person you want to
spend your entire life with during cuts hip

she was blinded by material gift and ignoring
their compatibility
hey I'm married!
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by ThierryJay: 8:59am On Aug 10, 2016
carmag:

what's 'ode'

In the strongest terms it means a fool or a slowpoke.

Playfully, it means u be "mumu" or used just for mild yabbing
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 10, 2016
wadetaw202:

You just nailed it; it was a marriage of convenience. You married him because he gave you everything you asked for. That,my lady, is a myopic reason to gfet married. unfortunately, you will have to live with it. 2 months of dating? Hmmmmm.

my findings, especially the ladies found it
difficult to tell her the truth...someone
you want to spend the rest of your life and
you claim you dated for only 2 months which
also is a lie

the 2 months she claimed was probably during the
marriage preparations so she never dated
but she don't want to admit that

1 Like

Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by wadetaw202: 11:47am On Aug 10, 2016
carmag:

my findings, especially the ladies found it
difficult to tell her the truth...someone
you want to spend the rest of your life and
you claim you dated for only 2 months which
also is a lie

the 2 months she claimed was probably during the
marriage preparations so she never dated
but she don't want to admit that

All they care about is money.

If the guy gives them money and buys them anything they want, then he is caring.

They will enter into everlasting covenant of marriage so long as the man has money.

And after the marriage, they will start complaining and making posts on nairaland
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 10, 2016
carmag:

if you read her second part of the story, her
hubby married her to appease his mother
it's not about dressing, my uncle is in a similar
case like that, no dating hence he has turned
his wife to a punching bag even in the public

mean while there was a lady he dated for
good five years and I hardly had any
disagreement btw them bcs we stayed under
one roof

oh, my bad.. i didnt read the whole article in detail...
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 10, 2016
Marriage and problems.

God have mercy
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by AlPeter: 10:28am On Aug 16, 2016
Ujoan:

But from what you are saying, he's not nice at all. If he's nice to outsiders and not to you, then it doesn't count. Charity begins at home.

I understand you really want to make your marriage work, but there is nothing much you can do when your husband is clearly being cooperative.

I don't think divorce is the way to go sha, but I think you need to let him be. Stop expecting ANYTHING from him. Live your life fully aware of the fact that he's just a spouse, and not a friend or lover . . . It will definitely hurt, but it will save you from any future disappointment and heartache.

For example, my husband has always being bad at communication. If I traveled, he would not call or care . . . when we got married and had kids, he changed a bit, but still he wasn't as caring as I wanted him to be when I'm out of town. Infact, he often acted like out of sight is out of mind . . . . and it really hurt. After a while, it looked like he had changed and would call/text/PM whenever I traveled and I was happy. Then I was transferred to another state. Of course knowing how he was before and how he has progressed, I knew us being almost permanently apart will cause him to regress to his incommunicado mode. But this time, I stopped caring. If he calls, fine . . . . if he doesn't, also fine!

Now I really don't care as much as I used to. In-fact I don't call or try to communicate with him until he initiates it . . . . . Obviously it's putting a strain in our relationship as we don't get to talk as often as we should, but there's nothing I can do about it. I cannot go through the whole process again . . . . . if he wants it this way, it's fine by me.
that's the kinda guys you ladies like, the ones that make you cry and treat you like poo.good you are learning to live with it.
Re: It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 16, 2016
AlPeter:
that's the kinda guys you ladies like, the ones that make you cry and treat you like poo.good you are learning to live with it.

Just because my husband is bad at communication doesn't make him a bad person. If I'm that good at it myself, it won't even be an issue.

And yes I am happy living with is because it doesn't matter how much he calls in a day. All I care about is for him to realize his role as a husband and father . . . his responsibilities and the expectations we have of him.

I'm not needy or dependent, I have a career that I'm too busy pursuing to kill myself over how often he calls to make small talk. He;s here for me when I need him. If I call he comes running . . . even though we live apart, we make effort to spend quality time together as a couple!

so why don't you concentrate on your own marriage instead of looking into mine . . . undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tips To Keeping A Good African Man / Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury / Woman, 23 Stabs Female Neighbour For Mocking Her Over 65-year Old Hubby (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.