Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (56327 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 6:35pm On May 10, 2017
AbooUthaymeen:
Plus, do you know any shop managed by daaru salaam?

You can hopefully get a translated copy there

No.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 10, 2017
Mofpearl:

No.

OK, let me translate a part of it which might give you a headstart....

First you'll notice, I kept hammering on "akhlaaq" good characters, shaykh ibn uthaymeen said;

"I am saying(ibn uthaymeen): and the conclusion in brief is that, ihsaan is the opposite of offensiveness, " not pleasing" and harming and its in two categories;

1.) Ihsaan to the creation[which is why I was emphasizing on akhlaaq]

2.) Ihsaan in worship of the creator.

The first is divided into 4 categories;

1.) With wealth and properties

2.) High position and influence

3.) Knowledge

4.) Physical Ability..

And the second divides into two.

1.) WORSHIPPING ALLAAH AS IF YOU ARE SEEING HIM

2.) If you don't see him, he surely sees you. And this is the fear for the punishment of his fire...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 10, 2017
I should also add that you do deeds with intention of getting reward from only Allaah and not anyone else...

I was able to get a video where a brother read and translated part of the book I was talking about...

http://www.westlondondawah.net/the-meaning-of-al-ihsaan/
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 7:01pm On May 10, 2017
AbdelKabir:
I should also add that you do deeds with intention of getting reward from only Allaah and not anyone else...

I was able to get a video where a brother read and translated part of the book I was talking about...

http://www.westlondondawah.net/the-meaning-of-al-ihsaan/

I read something about this today.

Modified*
Does the book contain content similar to this?
https://www.scribd.com/document/340912534/Al-Ihsaan-Shaykh-Muhammad-Ibn-Saalih-Al-Uthaymeen

Another short summary
https://learndeen./2008/03/31/al-ihsan-a-must-read/

Both got it from Fundamentals of Three principles
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 10, 2017
Mofpearl:

I read something about this today.

Its very important you be careful of this...

Modified*
Does the book contain content similar to this?
https://www.scribd.com/document/340912534/Al-Ihsaan-Shaykh-Muhammad-Ibn-Saalih-Al-Uthaymeen

Another short summary
https://learndeen./2008/03/31/al-ihsan-a-must-read/

Both got it from Fundamentals of Three principles

after reading it, the idea, is the same with what I've read before....of course it should since its the same person making an explanation on the sane subject matter....

And they didn't get it from "fundamental principles" rather from it's explanation by ibn uthaymeen
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by emekaRaj(m): 1:28pm On May 11, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:
Muslim Olaribigbe
Praise Be To Allaah.
Don't be quoting Ahaadeeth as if you're quoting Aristotle or Karl Max. Quote the narrator of the hadeeth, as well as it's source and authenticity, unless of course if it's from either Saheeh al-Bukhaaree or Muslim.
The manner in which some brethren quote Ahaadeeth clearly shows they do so through guess work, and that may be tantamount to lying upon the Prophet صلي الله عليه و سلم.
The Prophet صلي الله عليه و سلم said: “Do not tell lies about me, for whoever tells lies about me will enter Hell.” [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree, 106.
And he صلي الله عليه و سلم said: “Whoever narrates a hadeeth from me that he thinks is false is one of the liars." [Saheeh Muslim]

The way una dey threaten Muslims up an down is tantamount to liein against the prophet SAW sef. because theres no where in ahadith or Quran the said. "Quote the narrator of the hadeeth, as well as it's source and authenticity, unless of course if it's from either Saheeh al-Bukhaaree or Muslim.
"
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 6:30am On May 12, 2017
It was narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh (607) that Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: Whilst we were with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), he dozed off then he raised his head and he was smiling. We said, “Why are you smiling, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said: “A soorah has been revealed to me.” And he recited (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, We have granted you (O Muhammad) Al-Kawthar (a river in Paradise)…”

[al-Kawthar 108:1]

to the end of the soorah. Then he said: “Do you know what is al-Kawthar?” We said: Allaah and His Messenger know best.” He said: “It is a river that my Lord has promised to me in which there is much goodness. And it is a cistern to which my ummah will come on the Day of Resurrection.”
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 12, 2017
The Messenger of Allaah Ṣsallallaahu-'Alayhi Wa Sallam said: “Indeed the one who eats and is thankful (to Allaah) has reward the likes of one who fasts and is patient (upon it).”
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 14, 2017
You may not know but your posts having been touching lives positively or negatively....

*copied

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 10:25am On May 15, 2017
Pride (Kibr)

It was reported that the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him).“Whoever has an atoms worth of kibr (pride) in his heart will not enter Paradise.” So a man said: What about a person who loves (i.e. takes pride in) wearing beautiful clothes and beautiful shoes? So he replied: “Indeed Allaah is beautiful and loves beauty. Kibr (pride) is to reject the truth, and to despise the people.” (Narrated in Muslim).

Pride is of two types

1) Pride against the truth: This is to reject the truth and not to accept it. So anyone who reject the truth is proud and arrogant – in accordance with what he reject of the truth. So it is obligatory upon everyone to humble themselves to the truth which Allaah sent His Messenger with, and which He sent down in His Book. As for those whose pride and arrogance prevents them from totally complying with the Messengers (i.e. having eemaan or faith in them and their message) – then they are kuffaar (unbelievers) who will dwell in the Hellfire for eternity. Since when the truth comes to them via the Messengers, who explain to them the signs and clear proofs, they reject it and are prevented from accepting it, due to the kibr that they harbour in their hearts. Allaah the Most High – said:

“Indeed those who argue about the Signs of Allaah without any authority having come to them, there is nothing in their hearts except kibr (pride). They will never accept the Prophet Muhammad sal-Allaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam as a Prophet.” [Soorah Ghaafir (40):56]

[2] Pride towards people: This type is to despise the people, and to look down upon them. This attitude arises when a person is amazed with his own self, thinks highly of himself, and thinks he is better than others. So this causes him to have kibr towards the creation, despise them, mock them, and to degrade them through both speech and action.

https://abdurrahman.org/2014/01/08/prideabarrior/

*Wealth isn't the only thing that can make one arrogant, knowledge can do that as well.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:13am On May 16, 2017
The only way to stop any pain in your life is to accept the fact that nothing is yours, nothing was yours, and nothing will ever be yours. They are worldly attachments; given by Allaah, belonging to Allaah and returning back to Allaah..!!

So a true believer with aqeedatus saheeha will say "inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhir raaji'oon" whenever he loses something....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:53am On May 16, 2017
Oh students of Knowledge, don't give up....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Coccoh(f): 7:25am On May 16, 2017
AbdelKabir:
The only way to stop any pain in your life is to accept the fact that nothing is yours, nothing was yours, and nothing will ever be yours. They are worldly attachments; given by Allaah, belonging to Allaah and returning back to Allaah..!!

So a true believer with aqeedatus saheeha will say "inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhir raaji'oon" whenever he loses something....

I found this just at the right tym. Something very valuable to me was stolen right under my nose. It hurts a lot and it almost made me miserable. But, Alhamdullilah i'm gradually recuperating. JazakumLlahu khayran for this post. It meant a lot.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:53am On May 16, 2017
Coccoh:

I found this just at the right tym. Something very valuable to me was stolen right under my nose. It hurts a lot and it almost made me miserable. But, Alhamdullilah i'm gradually recuperating. JazakumLlahu khayran for this post. It meant a lot.

Wa iyyaki, may Allaah provide another one, better than the one you lost, insha Allaah....
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:25am On May 17, 2017

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 4:39pm On May 17, 2017
Surat at-Tur verse 21
وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَاتَّبَعَتْهُمْ ذُرِّيَّتُهُم بِإِيمَانٍ أَلْحَقْنَا بِهِمْ ذُرِّيَّتَهُمْ وَمَا أَلَتْنَاهُم مِّنْ عَمَلِهِم مِّن شَيْءٍ ۚ كُلُّ امْرِئٍ بِمَا كَسَبَ رَهِينٌ

And those who believe and whose offspring follow them in faith, -- to them shall We join their offspring, and We shall not decrease the reward of their deeds in anything. Every person is a pledge for that which he has earned

In this Ayah, Allah the Exalted affirms His favor, generosity, graciousness, compassion and beneficence towards His creation. When the offspring of the righteous believers imitate their parents regarding faith, Allah will elevate the latter to the ranks of the former, even though the latter did not perform deeds as goodly as their parents. Allah will comfort the eyes of the parents by seeing their offspring elevated to their grades. Surely, Allah will gather them together in the best manner, and He will not decrease the reward or the grades of those higher in rank for joining them together.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 17, 2017
Imam ibn al-Qayyim said :

"I heard my Sheikh ( ie. Shaykh- ul-Islam ibn Taymiyyah) saying : 'The Jihad against one ' s self and against al-Hawa( desires) constitutes the basis for the Jihad against the Kuffar and and the Munafiqeen, because one is unable to make Jihad against them until he makes Jihad against himself and his Hawa first , so that he can go out to(confront) them"

[Rawdaat -ul- Muhibeen wa Nuzhat-ul-Mushtaqeen ]

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 1:09pm On May 18, 2017
Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported:
When the ditch was dug, I saw Allah's Messenger (may peace he upon him) feeling very hungry. I came to my wife and said to her: Is there anything with you? I have seen Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) feeling extremely hungry. She brought out a bag of provisions which contained a sa', of barley. We had also with us a lamb. I slaughtered it. She ground the flour. She finished (this work) along with me. I cut it into pieces and put it in the earthen pot and then returned to Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) (for inviting him). She said: Do not humiliate me in the presence of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and those who are with him. When I came to him I whispered to him saying: Allah's Messenger, we have slaughtered a lamb for you and she has ground a sa' of barley which we had with us. So you come along with a group of people with you. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said loudly: O people of the ditch, Jabir has arranged a feast for you, so (come along). Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: Do not remove your earthen pot from the hearth and do not bake the bread from the kneaded flour until I come. So I came and Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) came and he was ahead of the people; and I came to my wife and she said (to me): You will be humbled. I said: I did what you had asked me to do. She (his wife) said: I brought out the kneaded flour and Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) put some saliva of his in that and blessed It. He then put saliva in the earthen pot and blessed it and then said, call another baker who can bake with you. and bring out the soup from it, but do not remove it from the hearth, and the guests were one thousand. (Jabir said): I take an oath by Allah that all of them ate (the food to their fill) until they left it and went away and our earthen pot was brimming over as before, and so was the case with our flour, or as Dahhak (another narrator) said: It (the flour) was in the same condition and loaves had been prepared from that.

*I liked how the wife and husband talked to each other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 11:39am On May 19, 2017
It is reported that ʿAbdullāh b. Masʿūd – Allāh be pleased with him – said:

Do not be hasty in praising people or blaming them, for perhaps what pleases you from a person today will displease you tomorrow, and perhaps what displeases you today, will please you tomorrow. Indeed, people change. It is Allāh who forgives the sins. And Allāh is more merciful to his servant the day he meets him than a mother who lays out a bed for her child in an empty patch of land and feels [the ground]: if there is a risk of being stung, it will be her instead of him (her child), and if there is a risk of being pricked by a thorn, it will be her instead of him.

Al-Bayhaqī, Shuʿab Al-Īmān article 6177, and others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 2:18pm On May 19, 2017
I just want to say jazakallahu khyran to everyone contributing to the thread and reading it. May Allah bless and reward you all. Ameen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:25am On May 20, 2017
When your knees get weak remember the statement of Allaah:

واستعينوا بالصبر والصلاة

"Seek aid and assistance with patience and prayer"

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 20, 2017
Tawḥid Is What Unites, Not The First Day Of Fasting

Sheikh Salih al-Fawzan hafidahullah mentions:

"The unity of the Muslims does not come about by the commencement of the fasting in Ramaḍan being in unison. Rather, unification comes about by rectifying 'Aqīdah, as what has divided the Muslims is not the beginning of the fast. Instead, what has divided them is their differing in 'Aqidah and leaving the correct 'Aqidah, which is taken from the Book, the Sunnah and that which the Righteous Predecessors were upon."

[شرح أخصر المختصرات ٤٤١/٢]
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 2:37pm On May 23, 2017
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 5:20pm On May 23, 2017
Gotten from Sheikh Assim Alhakeem's twitter

One of the most valuable things is brotherhood! A real brother is the one you look for when you are in trouble or in need of advice.

A real brother is the one who helps you get closer to Allah and fills your heart with the love of the Quran and sunnah.

Nowadays, your chances of finding a sincere brother is lesser than catching a leprechaun with a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow!

Therefore, respect the brothers you have and overlook their mistakes. Allah will bless your brotherhood and reward you for it.

This is so true so when you find a real friend hold on to them.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 5:52pm On May 23, 2017
Apologies for the multiple posts but I don't most much on NL anymore so...

There is a verse of the Qur'an I remember hearing the tafsir but I don't remember the verse (I haven't memorized the surah). But the tafsir or understanding of the verse is that when one continuously sins without repenting then Allah will leave him and the person will be left without guidance. This aren't the exact words but I don't remember the exact words and I don't want to say something I am not sure of.

I am not sure but if one one knows the ayat and surah....please mention it. I don't remember where I heard it.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 23, 2017
Assalam alaykum warahmatullaah wabarakatuhu yah ikhwan na.

I was reading on a thread about a 'tintingz', and all I can say is Allaahu must'an, bcuz by Allaah, I think he's lost.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 6:04pm On May 23, 2017
angry angry angry
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by tintingz(m): 6:51pm On May 23, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:
Assalam alaykum warahmatullaah wabarakatuhu yah ikhwan na.

I was reading on a thread about a 'tintingz', and all I can say is Allaahu must'an, bcuz by Allaah, I think he's lost.
Na waa, who lost me?

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:35am On May 24, 2017
Mofpearl:
angry angry angry

Do you mean this;

Surah Al-Anaam, Verse 110:
وَنُقَلِّبُ أَفْئِدَتَهُمْ وَأَبْصَارَهُمْ كَمَا لَمْ يُؤْمِنُوا بِهِ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍ وَنَذَرُهُمْ فِي طُغْيَانِهِمْ يَعْمَهُونَ

And We shall turn their hearts and their eyes away (from guidance), as they refused to believe therein for the first time, and We shall leave them in their trespass to wander blindly.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Or when Allaah added the underlined at the end of this aayah;

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 135:
وَالَّذِينَ إِذَا فَعَلُوا فَاحِشَةً أَوْ ظَلَمُوا أَنفُسَهُمْ ذَكَرُوا اللَّهَ فَاسْتَغْفَرُوا لِذُنُوبِهِمْ وَمَن يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَلَمْ يُصِرُّوا عَلَىٰ مَا فَعَلُوا وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ

And those who, when they have committed Fahishah (illegal sexual intercourse etc.) or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allah and ask forgiveness for their sins; - and none can forgive sins but Allah - And they do not persist in what (wrong) they have done, while they know.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran
(Then Allaah said in the next verse that these people will be forgiven)

It should be noted that I quoted that first verse because some of the salafs understood that verse to also mean when one persist in sinning without repenting, then at the end of his life(i.e point where his soul is being taken) he won't be guided such that his end won't be good. So because of this the early generation feared sinning lest it keep them away from having a good end.... As said by ibn qayyim.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 8:07am On May 24, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Do you mean this;

Surah Al-Anaam, Verse 110:
وَنُقَلِّبُ أَفْئِدَتَهُمْ وَأَبْصَارَهُمْ كَمَا لَمْ يُؤْمِنُوا بِهِ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍ وَنَذَرُهُمْ فِي طُغْيَانِهِمْ يَعْمَهُونَ

And We shall turn their hearts and their eyes away (from guidance), as they refused to believe therein for the first time, and We shall leave them in their trespass to wander blindly.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Or when Allaah added the underlined at the end of this aayah;

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 135:
وَالَّذِينَ إِذَا فَعَلُوا فَاحِشَةً أَوْ ظَلَمُوا أَنفُسَهُمْ ذَكَرُوا اللَّهَ فَاسْتَغْفَرُوا لِذُنُوبِهِمْ وَمَن يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَلَمْ يُصِرُّوا عَلَىٰ مَا فَعَلُوا وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ

And those who, when they have committed Fahishah (illegal sexual intercourse etc.) or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allah and ask forgiveness for their sins; - and none can forgive sins but Allah - And they do not persist in what (wrong) they have done, while they know.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran
(Then Allaah said in the next verse that these people will be forgiven)

It should be noted that I quoted that first verse because some of the salafs understood that verse to also mean when one persist in sinning without repenting, then at the end of his life(i.e point where his soul is being taken) he won't be guided such that his end won't be good. So because of this the early generation feared sinning lest it keep them away from having a good end.... As said by ibn qayyim.

Jazakallahu khyran. Its from surah Al-Anaam.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 11:58am On May 24, 2017
Lust for Leadership by Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid is a great book!

https://almunajjid.com/8515
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 3:12pm On May 24, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (46) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland" / What's The Islamic Rule On 'istimna' (masturbation)??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.