Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? (5299 Views)

What Is Atheism? / Is Atheism Gaining Ground? / Is Atheism A Belief Or Lack Of Belief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by felixomor: 9:38pm On Aug 09, 2016
PastorAIO:

One generally arrives at a conclusion of 'lack of evidence' when they do not see any evidence. I would have thought that was obvious.
.............................................................................................

See who is accusing me of smoking herbs shocked

Is this not your statement?

My dear, ur question reply to my question is not valid because,

My 1st question reads: "How did u arrive at such conclusion that there is lack of evidence?"

If i had a thought of how he arrived at the conclusion, I wouldn't ask that simple question.

Next time make sure ur first statement wont raise catastrophic questions.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by felixomor: 9:42pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
How did I use them as evidence? I only said that they show that your ''word of God'' claim isn't beyond reasonable doubt. Please show me how I used them as evidence.

My bro in case u dont know, doubt has its roots in the presence of a counter-evidence. So once u say something is within reasonable doubt, it means there is a counter-evidence, and ur following statement could be read as the counter-evidence.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by Ranchhoddas: 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2016
PastorAIO:

Have you heard of anti-matter?

When an electron collides with a positron do you realise that they obliterate each other and nothing is left?

Now imagine that that process is reversed.

There you have a model for how matter can be created from nothing.

You also seem to be convinced of the ultimate substantiality of matter. I'm not.

You are too much. I salute you Sir.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by Ranchhoddas: 10:05pm On Aug 09, 2016
felixomor:

My bro in case u dont know, doubt has its roots in the presence of a counter-evidence. So once u say something is within reasonable doubt, it means there is a counter-evidence, and ur following statement could be read as the counter-evidence.
I honestly don't know what to make of this comment. Why are you telling me this?
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by felixomor: 10:08pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I honestly don't know what to make of this comment. Why are you telling me this?

Eiya sad
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 09, 2016
LMAO. make una fight oooh. I go chook nail for groud dey watch una
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by OgundeleT(m): 10:48pm On Aug 09, 2016
CoolUsername:

I should give evidence to show how there's no evidence of God?
that was what he wanted you to do
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by promise10: 10:48am On Aug 10, 2016
Weah96:

Life always existed. It is eternal. Life exists even in what we call nothing. Read the articles.

Like I said, ask me why I think ordinary particles are alive.
Considering the characteristics of life in this link http://infohost.nmt.edu/~klathrop/7characterisitcs_of_life.htm

How does particles prove they are alive?
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 10, 2016
...... This is one of the few reasons why I still view NL religious sections. Brilliant refutes and er.....not so brllliant posts. Salutes.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by PastorAIO: 2:35pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You are too much. I salute you Sir.

Thank you.

Ranchhoddas:

I believe he is asking because he is unaware that the millions upon millions of failures of his religion are indictments against his God.

He wants you to point to the thousands of miscreant pastors and christians that lie in the name of his God everyday and nothing happens to them. Whereas in the Book of Claims that he carries about, commonly called the bible, you would think that if anyone carried on like they that lightning would flash from the sky and strike them dead.
He is unaware of the adherents to his Book of Claims that actually trust it's claims and are worse off for it. Some of them even dying very pitiful deaths.
He is unaware that he himself is a walking talking indictment of the fallacy of his God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by felixomor: 3:21pm On Aug 10, 2016
Its like some people are too ashame to admit they are atheists because they know its outright foolishness.

So what do they do?

They fill up everywhere with regurgitated aethist arguments and claim to not be atheists. shocked

Well, they still look foolish though! cool
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by promise10: 10:45pm On Aug 10, 2016
felixomor:
Its like some people are too ashame to admit they are atheists because they know its outright foolishness.

So what do they do?

They fill up everywhere with regurgitated aethist arguments and claim to not be atheists. shocked

Well, they still look foolish though! cool
THAT'S I JUST WONDER!!! Chai!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by PastorAIO: 12:57am On Aug 11, 2016
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by Eddlad: 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2016
Weah96:

My hypothesis is grounded in common sense. And I don't go around parading it as the ultimate truth.

In fact, I'm even willing to concede ignorance and say that I don't know. Keep in mind that ignorance doesn't imply gullibility. That someone doesn't know something doesn't mean that he will accept ANY answer.

Sorry for late answer,

You can't even explain a quarter of science using common sense and here you are using it to search for the creator of the universe.

All I can say is Goodluck.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by analice107: 11:11pm On Aug 14, 2016
Weah96:

Read what you wrote here and see if you understand it. If I'm the dull one then you must be deceased already.
Can life come from nothing or not? Answer my question coherently please.
Oh God. We the creationists believe in God and what he says about life. We are told he took clay and formed it into an image, but the image had no life, he breath into the image transferring His life into the into the image and the image received his life and became alive. Does that sound to u like a Being who doesn't have life?
It is his life you live today and call Him stupid.
Are Spirit alive? What dumbness?
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by analice107: 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2016
Weah96:

Eternal beings don't have parents? Is that correct? And there's only one of them. So the bible satan created himself too, because he's described as impossible to kill.
Ewooo. Lekwaa this boy.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by analice107: 11:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
promise10:

You are still missing it! When talking about an eternal being, you don't use the word "exist". Because an eternal being didn't COME INTO EXISTENCE. It is eternal.

An eternal being doesn't come from anything, if it can come from anything then it is not eternal.

In the bolded, you TOTALLY flawed things down by trying to subject God under science which doesn't work that way.

Say, that I am a creator. I created some ants. For me to sustain them, I carved out how THEIR OWN environment would work, hence the science of their environment. The sciences of their environment, which I have carved out is for them alone. I CANNOT IN ANY WAY BE SUBJECTED TO THE SCIENCES OF THEIR ENVIRONMENT. Because I created it for them and not for both me and them.

God didn't beget man the same way man begets man. God made man by his own might, and carved out sciences that will guard man's habitat.

So, it is part of the science carved out by God, that LIVING THINGS MUST BEGET LIVING THINGS, which God is not subject to.

Thank you my brother
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by analice107: 11:22pm On Aug 14, 2016
PastorAIO:

I just clocked this. On the surface it seems that this is not too dissimilar from my standpoint. But let me question further before I conclude that you may be saying similar to me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying.

Are you saying that it would be wrong to say 'God Exists'?

Are you saying that everything that exists is in a state of flux, constantly being subject to change, coming into existence and slipping out of existence?

And since God is not subject to any flux then we cannot say he exists?

It would be equally wrong to say that 'God does not exist'?

In fact existence and nonexistence are categories of human thinking and God would be beyond existence and nonexistence?

What does our OP think of the Buddhist concept of Nibbana?

http://www.buddhanet.net/nutshell10.htm

Simply put, there's no existence in INFINITY, Everything that exists, ceases to exists with TIME.
God is Infinity.

1 Like

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by PastorAIO: 9:51am On Aug 15, 2016
analice107:

Simply put, there's no existence in INFINITY, Everything that exists, ceases to exists with TIME.
God is Infinity.

So are you saying that God doesn't exist. At least not in the same way that the laptop I'm writing on exists. Not in the same way that my shoes exists etc.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by FearGodAndLive: 9:55am On Aug 15, 2016
analice107:

God is Infinity.
Nna na wa..
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by analice107: 10:40am On Aug 15, 2016
FearGodAndLive:
Nna na wa..
Talk your own.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by analice107: 10:53am On Aug 15, 2016
PastorAIO:

So are you saying that God doesn't exist. At least not in the same way that the laptop I'm writing on exists. Not in the same way that my shoes exists etc.
Quit this gobbledygook. You and EVERYTHING you see and can touch exists in the realm of time. HERE.
Promise used an analogy of a man creating Ants and creating the science which only works in the sphere of Ants, that science doesn't include the configuration of that Science.
God is outside of our spare, out side of time. In his sphere, time doesn't count. Existence always has a beginning and most come to an end, but Infinity has no end. And he is infinite or better put, He is Infinity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by DeSepiero(m): 10:55am On Aug 15, 2016
PastorAIO:

Analice107 is probably reluctant to say YES to that deduction.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by hopefulLandlord: 11:00am On Aug 15, 2016
DeSepiero:

grin grin grin
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by PastorAIO: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2016
analice107:

Quit this [b]gobbledygook. [/b]You and EVERYTHING you see and can touch exists in the realm of time. HERE.
Promise used an analogy of a man creating Ants and creating the science which only works in the sphere of Ants, that science doesn't include the configuration of that Science.
God is outside of our spare, out side of time. In his sphere, time doesn't count. Existence always has a beginning and most come to an end, but Infinity has no end. And he is infinite or better put, He is Infinity.

Gobbledygook? But these are your statements. Are you now dismissing yourself as gobbledygook?

Na kweshion I ask o, abeg. I can repeat the question for you if you like. All it requires is a yes or no answer.

Are you saying that God does not Exist the same way that My laptop, my shoes, and other temporal objects exist because God is not temporal?

Yes or No o, abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by analice107: 11:22am On Aug 15, 2016
DeSepiero:

It's only a stupid person who will be talking about God and be talking existence (as pertains to this sphere) at the same time.

Oh, wait... Your idea of existence is only based on what you can see, feel or touch? What ever does not appeal to your senses doesn't exist right? Oh shit. For the last time, God is not material.

Wow. Whatever happened to these people?
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by analice107: 11:33am On Aug 15, 2016
PastorAIO:

Gobbledygook? But these are your statements. Are you now dismissing yourself as gobbledygook?

Na kweshion I ask o, abeg. I can repeat the question for you if you like. All it requires is a yes or no answer.

Are you saying that God does not Exist the same way that My laptop, my shoes, and other temporal objects exist because God is not temporal?

Yes or No o, abeg.
Your laptop, shoes and your "rightly put" temporal objects are materials. They can be seen, felt and touched, because they are material, God is a Spirit, immaterial. You can't see him, feel, or touch him, but he is there and here at the same time.

Becos you can't see him, (just like u cant see your consciousness right now, but believe you have it) doesn't mean he is not there.

I get where you are going. You are imaging that since you cant touch him just like u touch your laptop means he doesn't exist.
Wow. Here is where I found you in the Bible;

Amplified Bible 1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural, nonspiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, for they are folly (meaningless nonsense) to him; and he is incapable of knowing them [of progressively recognizing, understanding, and becoming better acquainted with them] because they are spiritually discerned and estimated and appreciated.

So, Fake Pastor, that's you.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by DeSepiero(m): 11:34am On Aug 15, 2016
analice107:

It's only a stupid person who will be talking about God and be talking existence (as pertains to this sphere) at the same time.

Oh, wait... Your idea of existence is only based on what you can see, feel or touch? What ever does not appeal to your senses doesn't exist right? Oh shit. For the last time, God is not material.

Please go easy on the vulgar words.
Meanwhile, Jesus just crossed my mind. If you understand

1 Like

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by PastorAIO: 11:38am On Aug 15, 2016
analice107:

But everything you experience, you've experienced through your senses. You either feel it, smell it, see it, hear it, or taste it. Even if you imagine it, you imagine seeing it, feeling it, smelling it, tasting it, or hearing it. I know this from the way you are talking.

If something exists that cannot register itself on your senses then to all intents and purposes that thing does not exist for you.

The God of the bible has great sensory effects. He bellows from the clouds and the mountain tops. The People hear his voice. He manifests as a pillar of fire etc etc.

You can even tackle him in a wrestling bout like Jacob did.

It would appear that you consider the bible to be stupid. After all the bible talks about God as if he exists temporally.
Another question: Do you count the writers of the bible amongst these stupid people you speak of?

4 Likes

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by PastorAIO: 11:46am On Aug 15, 2016
Na wa o!
It must be invectives sha! You seem incapable of having a civil discussion. People who don't agree with you, you call them stupid.

I ask you a few questions and you call me a 'fake pastor'. Na wa for you o. You say you have some spiritual knowledge and revelations that I as a mere natural man cannot understand. But in your book of claims it says that the fruit of the spirit is love joy and peace.

Dude, you don't have peace!

It is a common case I've noticed amongst most claiming to be christians. You all lack peace but you insist that you have some spiritual knowledge that is above carnal knowledge. E be like say your own spirituality nor dey help you at all.

analice107:

Your laptop, shoes and your "rightly put" temporal objects are materials. They can be seen, felt and touched, because they are material, God is a Spirit, immaterial. You can't see him, feel, or touch him, but he is there and here at the same time.

Becos you can't see him, (just like u cant see your consciousness right now, but believe you have it) doesn't mean he is not there.

I get where you are going. You are imaging that since you cant touch him just like u touch your laptop means he doesn't exist.
Wow. Here is where I found you in the Bible;

Amplified Bible 1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural, nonspiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, for they are folly (meaningless nonsense) to him; and he is incapable of knowing them [of progressively recognizing, understanding, and becoming better acquainted with them] because they are spiritually discerned and estimated and appreciated.

So, Fake Pastor, that's you.

1 Like

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by analice107: 12:02pm On Aug 15, 2016
PastorAIO:
Na wa o!
It must be invectives sha! You seem incapable of having a civil discussion. People who don't agree with you, you call them stupid.

I ask you a few questions and you call me a 'fake pastor'. Na wa for you o. You say you have some spiritual knowledge and revelations that I as a mere natural man cannot understand. But in your book of claims it says that the fruit of the spirit is love joy and peace.

Dude, you don't have peace!

It is a common case I've noticed amongst most claiming to be christians. You all lack peace but you insist that you have some spiritual knowledge that is above carnal knowledge. E be like say your own spirituality nor dey help you at all.

Now the discussion has shifted from God's existent to me not having peace? What has peace got to do it it?
I called you fake pastor because, "Pastor" in your moniker is misleading. Pastors are carriers of God's Eternal good news but you the opposite, so, what does that make you?
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by PastorAIO: 12:22pm On Aug 15, 2016
analice107:

Now the discussion has shifted from God's existent to me not having peace? What has peace got to do it it?
I called you fake pastor because, "Pastor" in your moniker is misleading. Pastors are carriers of God's Eternal good news but you the opposite, so, what does that make you?

This is what Peace has to do with it:

You claim to have some access to some spiritual realm that stupid fake people like me lack, yet according to the book of claims a mark of having that spirit is Peace. You lack peace so automatically your claims to having some superior spiritual knowledge is questionable.

You don't even know what a pastor means but you want to use it to attack me.

A pastor is someone who takes care of people. Originally the word meant shepherd but is expanded from caring for sheep to caring for humans. I'm prepared to bet my last pant that you don't know what you mean by 'carrier of God's eternal good news'. It's just another empty baseless rhetoric that you like to hurl about.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? / What Is Your Own Biblical Definition Of God? / 10 Questions For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.