Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) (65369 Views)

"Jesus Christ" Image Appears At A Church In Ikorodu, See What Residents Did Next / 'Jesus' Image' Appears Above Colombian City Where 17 People Died Of Landslide / One Of The Victims Who Lost His Life At The Collapse Reigners Bible Church (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Rexyl(m): 6:17pm On Aug 09, 2016
elampiro:

DAILY TRUST

Perceived appearance of Christ draws crowd to Makurdi church

Aug 9 2016 5:00AM

A crowd of spectators yesterday besieged the St. Augustine Catholic Church, Nenger in Makurdi over claims that Jesus Christ appeared on the crucifix (cross) hung at the church altar.

Our correspondent who visited the parish located behind Government Model College by Zone 4 Police headquarters in the High Level area of Makurdi, observed an unusual illumination around the crucifix as worshippers surrounded the altar prayed for the mercies of God upon His creation.

It was said that ‘the sudden apparition of Christ accompanied by a mild wind’ was first witnessed by a group of parishioners at 3pm on Sunday during their normal divine mercy prayers, consequent upon which the group intensified their prayers until it became glaring that something very unusual was happening in their parish just as other worshippers were alerted to the scene such that throughout the night, people kept vigil.

While the news spread around the state yesterday, people continued to troop in and out of the premises to see things for themselves, and the commercial motorcyclists made brisk businesses transporting passengers.

A spectator, Sev John, a non-Catholic who attends NKST church, said he heard about the development and decided to find out for himself. “I heard that Jesus appeared here and that one woman was the first to see him, so I came to find out the truth. I have seen the picture myself, it is true. I saw the head but wouldn’t know if it is Jesus. I believe that Jesus is coming soon,” John said.

Another respondent, Simon Terver, simply added, “I heard that Jesus appeared, so I came here. I saw something around his image.”
But the parish priest and those present at the time of the unusual development have declined comment on grounds that they were not worthy to speak to any journalist about spiritual matters.
Contacted, the Communications Director of the Catholic Diocese of Makurdi, Reverend Father Moses Iorapu, said that the Catholic Church does not jump into conclusion of unusual happenings until it confirmed them.

“What we have here is some unusual illumination of Christ around the crucifix. It happened when the people were praying. The Church takes time to confirm such phenomenon,” Iorapu said.

www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/perceived-appearance-of-christ-draws-crowd-to-makurdi-church/1583touched

So surprising but we can't rule out the promised signs and wonders that will be following lives and worships of those truly living for God and who honor his only begotten son... Jesus

Jesus as we all know saves lives and the people whose lives he has touched and changed will never remain the same again. One love in Christ ... Abundance of life, peace of mind and inner joy and happiness.
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by MrCork: 6:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
Audray:
Get a life MrRat.Bye.

...who u calling rat?..u roam around nairaland becozz u a lessssbian and u want us to acccept u?...am I not tryn to help u by offferin u a shance to mate wit me?..LESSSSBIAN PLIS GROW UP undecided
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Nickymezor(f): 6:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
cool cool
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
My gullible people needs to educate themselves, who even told them what Christ 's facial features look like?
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by onyenro(m): 6:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
pearl360:
I actually came here to see the image fa...
You must be a Plateau babe... Plapoly fa
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Emu4life(m): 6:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
Keneking:
Ok...His appearance at this trying times is welcomed.

He is The comforter, the Healer, the Most Merciful.
I praise your name, for you are the King of kings, Lord of lords, President of presidents.
Only you, you alone is the Most High, Jesus Christ, the only begotten son of God.
Hear our prayers, we commit our beloved country Nigeria currently in distress.
Forgive our sins, grant us peace and save our economy from imminent collapse.
Guide our leaders right and bless the efforts of the Youth.
Grant us our heart desires.
All these prayer request, I ask in Jesus name. Amen
If u praise pikin lyk dz hw u go take praise his father?
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Gladiator1: 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2016
Same scenario happened in ST Paul's Catholic Church Benin City 3/4 years ago in August during Divine Mercy prayer

1 Like

Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Rexyl(m): 6:35pm On Aug 09, 2016
blueseacats:
My gullible people needs to educate themselves, who even told them what Christ 's facial features look like?

You think miraculous signs that have spiritual meaning are given attention to by the gullible. But how will you describe the wonderful feats and achievements of science and technology... Meant to deceive the gullible too?
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Kassidy90(m): 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2016
Who even knw what or how Jesus look like?
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Spells(m): 6:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
Jesus saves
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Keenlooka(m): 6:49pm On Aug 09, 2016
Yes you MUST have your say , but avoid blasphemy....
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Keenlooka(m): 6:53pm On Aug 09, 2016
Kassidy90:
Who even knw what or how Jesus look like?
you mean you don't? Then you haven't met him. He loves you and is very willing to meet you.
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by hymanflex(m): 7:03pm On Aug 09, 2016
MadCow1:

Witnesses said the image , which was a carbon copy of the structure of Christ when he rose from death after he was crucified and buried, had on its head a crown, while the entire body was glittering, like precious stone.

WTAF!

It was a Carbon Copy of Christ when he rose from the dead?!!!!!!!

Which one of those fhuckers was 2000 years old and lived in Jerusalem 2000plus years ago when all that resurrection shiit supposedly took place? angry angry angry

Africans and foolishness be like Niggas and Black Skin. angry

Now away from this issue, does that mean you don't believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ?
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by chiraqDemon(m): 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
Smh when there is excessive hunger there are hallucinations....smh and who among them bin see jesus when e rise shuuu....nigerians too dey see rubbish....besides picture no de so na lie...until i see i nor believe
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by bigtt76(f): 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
Familiar spirits maybe undecided
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Mpanyi: 7:18pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ochoiho:
Catholic and Idolatry, An image have appeared to give credence to deception. It must be from the devil

What do you know? Nothing. What you said was not different from what the Pharisees said and tried to make people say when Jesus resurrected. If you know catholic church well, you will understand the church herself will not make any official statement on the veracity or otherwise of this until many years in future, may be tens or hundreds of years. Catholic hardly think about what you think.
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by coolhumble(m): 7:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ochoiho:
Catholic and Idolatry, An image have appeared to give credence to deception. It must be from the devil

Oloshi omo ale
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Pylony(m): 7:48pm On Aug 09, 2016
Jesus is no image or a stature of worship. The good book was clear about this in Exodus 20:4..

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in HEAVEN ABOVE, or that is in the EARTH BENEATH, or that in the WATER UNDER THE EARTH.

Like wise, God would not erect any Image or stature of any heavenly being for men to come crying to for forgiveness of sins, for Jesus has already done that over 2000 years ago.
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
The Only way the devil can deceive people is by feigning to be God
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
The Only way the devil can deceive people is by feigning to be God or Jesus Christ.He can appear as an angel of light.we have to be careful and neutral to all supernatural manifestations until we can discern it is truly from God.The devil is a deceiver
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Menzy86(m): 8:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
I always like to read how other denominations love to jump on anything catholic and brand it 'demonic', 'antichrist' and all what not. The truth of the matter is that inspite of all the assaults over the years plus blackmails and thrash talks, the catholic church is still d oldest and largest denomination in christiandom. And the Bible tells us about Jesus Christ describing Peter as being the 'rock' on which He shall build His church and "THE FORCES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL OVER IT". The Catholic church doesn't stalk members, everyone that comes does so strictly on personal conviction without any pressure or attempt to brainwash and when u leave the church doesn't even notice. Furthermore, tales like this are often rigorously investigated and verified for several years in ALL cases by d church authorities b4 any endorsement is made or credence given.
To those screaming 'idolatory', I often wonder how it is convenient to have pictures of overseers of churches on banners, posters and revival grounds while having d crucifix of Jesus Christ is Idolatory. Or how gr8 it is to have miracle handkerchiefs, pens and other items while holding or having a Cross is 'satanic'. The truth of the matter is that in d end, the church you attend doesn't guarantee salvation BUT can shape your path to salvation if its precepts are actually in semblance with the UNADULTRATED teachings of Jesus Christ.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit..........

1 Like

Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by AMI3(m): 8:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
Mpanyi:

What do you know? Nothing. What you said was not different from what the Pharisees said and tried to make people say when Jesus resurrected. If you know catholic church well, you will understand the church herself will not make any official statement on the veracity or otherwise of this until many years in future, may be tens or hundreds of years. Catholic hardly think about what you think.
i believe as catholic member there is no need for you to argue because no matter your argument they will not still understand how catholic do their things.
Even in the past it wasn't everybody that believe in Jesus Christ what different will it makes now. My prayer is always be, God please forgive our unbelieved.
What a lot people of people do not understand is that Catholic Church existed more than 2000 years ago. That is why a lot of Christians today can not tell which language the Holy Bible was being first written. That is why you see a lot of confusion in the land because they misinterpreted almost everything in the Holy Bible.
Jesus I trust in you

1 Like

Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Xeedorf: 8:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
See black peoples mentality in this 21century .?

1 Like

Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Barigaboy(m): 8:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
Someone have to be careful of d comment to make not to add to d previous sin. We heart it that's y its a news. I was not there to witness it does not make the info fake. God will be with us n make life better for us.
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Megaflex(m): 8:51pm On Aug 09, 2016
kgr8mike:
Jesus is not an appearance, He is a person. He is not that image we have in calenders and films and in status and every where in the internet, that's an actor.

The Jesus of the Bible was sent into this world, He walked the streets of Jerusalem, He died but He rose again. He is seated at the right hand of the Father.

But as many as receive Him, He gives the power to become sons of God. And He translates them as it were to His place where he will not be an apparition to them but a Person.

At that stage you will no longer be moved when you hear He is there or He appeared at Makurdi because you know you have been with Him all along.
get da f*** outta here mhen

1 Like

Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by NathanielJande: 8:57pm On Aug 09, 2016
This is satanic deception. It is so sad that people are falling for it. Alas! Men of little faith. Religion void of the knowledge of God's word. Zeal without Christ. Reminiscent of what apostle Paul was telling the Israelites in Romans 10:1-3. Zeal devoid of knowledge of God.
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by muteeu(m): 9:15pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ochoiho:
. that is corrected. it us from devil...
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Megaflex(m): 9:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
kgr8mike:
Jesus is not an appearance, He is a person. He is not that image we have in calenders and films and in status and every where in the internet, that's an actor.

The Jesus of the Bible was sent into this world, He walked the streets of Jerusalem, He died but He rose again. He is seated at the right hand of the Father.

But as many as receive Him, He gives the power to become sons of God. And He translates them as it were to His place where he will not be an apparition to them but a Person.

At that stage you will no longer be moved when you hear He is there or He appeared at Makurdi because you know you have been with Him all along.
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by kgr8mike(m): 9:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
Megaflex:

You need to get a mouth wash. Your language smells. Such words are not used by the refined.

So I recommend you receive Jesus into your heart for immediate cleansing. You do that by saying : Lord Jesus I receive you into my heart. Help my un-belief.

If you do, I assure you of peace and a clean mouth afterwards because he will come into your heart and fine-tune your thoughts.

Try.
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Imafidonist442(m): 9:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
Please stop decieving people with this lies about seeing jesus christ. Who amongst you can say they know how christ looklike.
Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Megaflex(m): 9:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
kgr8mike:

You need to get a mouth wash. Your language smells. Such words are not used by the refined.

So I recommend you receive Jesus into your heart for immediate cleansing. You do that by saying : Lord Jesus I receive you into my heart. Help my un-belief.

If you do, I assure you of peace and a clean mouth afterwards because he will come into your heart and fine-tune your thoughts.

Try.
Africans and their slave mentality. I dont need ur Christ in my lyf. lemme educate u a lil

1 Like

Re: Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic) by Rapture4real(m): 10:01pm On Aug 09, 2016
[quote author=Ochoiho post=48335125]Catholic and Idolatry, An image have appeared to give credence to deception. It must be from the devil [/quot

You are very correct. As a minister, no biblical backing for it. It is a manipulation to lend credence to the idolatry system of the Catholic. This same thing goes for Mary appearance or apparition

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mike Bamiloye Reacts To Tope Alabi’s Apology To Adeyinka Alaseyori / Free Shopping At Apostle Suleman's Church In Lagos, Omega Fire Ministry / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, His Wife And Children On Vacation (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.