Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,098 members, 7,835,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" (2816 Views)

Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation / I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else / My Girlfriend Never Says "I Love You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by ludwic: 10:29am On Nov 25, 2005
I met a girl from a penpal site. Her profile said she was looking for friendship, not romance. After meeting her, I sent her an email saying something like " I think you are looking for friendship, but I really like you."

Then, she replied to me and wrote something like " We had a nice time that weekend. I'm afraid that I don't like you as much as you may like me. But I'd really like to stay friends with you. And of course we can meet again. But I can't meet you very often. You know the reason: my studies.

Does that mean I have no chance? I went to her place by train, and it took me 5 hours to go to her town.
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by Z4M4eva(f): 11:51am On Nov 25, 2005
OH

Now what do I say to this: NO IDEA
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by Seun(m): 12:33pm On Nov 25, 2005
It means she has evaluated you and you don't measure up to her standards for dating. But she's nice, and she feels that you like her, so she's saying she won't mind being a friend. Sorry, mate, you have been summarily rejected!

This is not to say that it is not possible for her to fall in love with you next year, but pigs might have to fly first. Is she white and are you black?
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by Z4M4eva(f): 12:34pm On Nov 25, 2005
Ludwic, Seun has explained it all! smiley
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by quadri2425(m): 10:49pm On Nov 25, 2005
Maybe something got wrong at the DATE.so call her and try to know if any thing went wrong at the date,but if she refuse to pick your call that means u are not as handsome as she expected,since u met her online. shocked
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by prettyH(f): 11:37pm On Nov 25, 2005
Seun:

It means she has evaluated you and you don't measure up to her standards for dating. But she's nice, and she feels that you l
quadri2425 link=topic=3279.msg112151#msg112151 date=1132955386:

Maybe something got wrong at the DATE.so call her and try to know if any thing went wrong at the date,but if she refuse to pick your call that means u are not as handsome as she expected,since u met her online. shocked
ike her, so she's saying she won't mind being a friend. Sorry, mate, you have been summarily rejected!

This is not to say that it is not possible for her to fall in love with you next year, but pigs might have to fly first. Is she white and are you black?

U couldn't have put it better bro grin

quadri2425:

Don't bother bout da call cos u'll sound desperate. just let it go abeg.

Infact what do u intend talking to her about after she outrightly rejected u. The's noway u'll not want to ask her why u don't fit her standards and u might hear things u dont like.

But if u think u'r capable of handling it, go ahead and try ur luck. but pls keep us informed o grin grin
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by icingbaby(f): 11:42pm On Nov 25, 2005
what she melt is that she is not feeling you as her boyfriend, she don't want relationship with you. but she like you as just a friend. smiley
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by ocho(f): 2:19am On Nov 26, 2005
HOLY! shocked 5 hrs? wow!that must have been one hell of a journey!
but anyway, she made it obvious that she just wants you as a friend, and yes, it most likely means you don't have chance but don't let that bother you bro, i'm sure it was nothing personal, we all have our preferences so don't let the fact that you are not her preference bug you at all. You're special(we all are) and there'll definately be someone else who has got all she's looking for in YOU.
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by shockreaction(m): 7:36pm On Nov 26, 2005
Simply put: Move on, my friend.
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by snazzydawn(f): 9:02pm On Nov 26, 2005
Ludwic,be a man and move on.These things happen.I think I understand how you feel,maybe you are not her kind of man,but I am not ruling out the possibility that she can still fall in love with you in the future,pigs don't have to fly,as Seun pointed out.Seun,please,stop being pessimistic,where there is life,there is hope.
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by Oracle(m): 5:19am On Nov 28, 2005
Word snazzyman
itz obvious ur not the right candidate
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by vostel(f): 2:11am On Nov 29, 2005
Ludwic,

the girl's profile did say she was looking for friendship and not romance. When you told her you liked her, she reminded you that she just wanted to be friends. What other explanation do you need? Take the lady at her word.
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by ludwic: 7:23am On Nov 29, 2005
I got an email from her saying something like the below.

I'm sorry that you feel that bad now, but I can't help it. I like you, but I don't like you that much that you want me to. We  can just be friends - nothing more.

It's got nothing to do with my preferences. I know if a man is someone I could fall in love to or not at first sight. It's something about the whole person, his individuality. It's nothing you could predict, you see? There's nobody I'm thinking of all the time at the moment. Feels lonely sometimes, but on the other hand I don't have enough time for a relationship. And another point is: I don't want to fall in love because I don't want to get hurt. I'm glad to have nice friends all over the world and I don't want to change that.

I understand if you couldn't stand to write me anymore. But you can write me whenever you want, because I want to stay friends with you - and I don't mean that stupid clichee every one uses after finishing a relationship.
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by prettyH(f): 3:08pm On Nov 29, 2005
Ludwic hi, u aven't been active much. From what u've written above, the girl just wants to be friends at least for now. I agree with vostel, the condition of your meeting was strictly on a friendship basis and not romance. So why not be her friend instead. Her profile didn't say she was looking for a boyfriend did it. Honestly , u sound rejected but i don't think it should be like that because at least she was truthful with u and didn't string u on . So the balls in your court.
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by klex(m): 3:11pm On Nov 29, 2005
I for one believe where there is life there is always hope. Rejection of today can easily become the acceptance of tomorrow. We as human beings dont always know wat we want all the time. Maybe u just need to polish up ur image or ur game, get to know the girl very well but pls dont be pushy or obnoxious about it.

But i must say... 5hrs? Now that is a lot of effort to put in2 someone you havent met.

Nevertheless in anything u decide, goodluck my man!
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by tibabey(f): 6:53pm On Dec 07, 2005
hey ludwic, she dont know no real man. dont mind her jo, there are plenty fishes in the river and as am matter of fact im one grin grin grin
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by kewe(f): 8:46pm On Dec 07, 2005
let it go. move on
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by unleashit(m): 2:48am On Dec 08, 2005
luwic,i have come to realize that a lot of us guys lack patience.what the lady said was that she doesn't like you as much as you would like her to,not that she doesn't like you.If you like her that much and you really want her to be your girl friend and not just to get in between her legs,my advise is that you should keep writing to her without bringing up the issue of dating.Your continuous writing would make her change are mind later.Every lady usually have their fear for men that come after them for intimate relationship,it is what we do with the fear that is the deciding factor and not the fear itself.If you do anything to sustain that fear,you would not get her but if you are able to eliminate it or reduce it to the bearest minimum then she is yours.she said she is scared of heart break,this tells you she thinks you have the tendency to break her heart.Show her you wouldn't
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by tibabey(f): 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2005
unleash_it:

luwic,i have come to realize that a lot of us guys lack patience.what the lady said was that she doesn't like you as much as you would like her to,not that she doesn't like you.If you like her that much and you really want her to be your girl friend and not just to get in between her legs,my advise is that you should keep writing to her without bringing up the issue of dating.Your continuous writing would make her change are mind later.Every lady usually have their fear for men that come after them for intimate relationship,it is what we do with the fear that is the deciding factor and not the fear itself.If you do anything to sustain that fear,you would not get her but if you are able to eliminate it or reduce it to the bearest minimum then she is yours.she said she is scared of heart break,this tells you she thinks you have the tendency to break her heart.Show her you wouldn't

rolleyesare u so sure of this? if a lady really has one littl bit of emotion for a guy she wouldnt tell him off completely, yes she culd be shy but she wuldnt be so blatant. im a lady i know wat im sayin so dont say dat again
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by dollarboy(m): 10:31am On Dec 16, 2005
sad sad sad sad
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by ozoneflake(m): 9:31pm On Jun 27, 2007
Dont look back just run along. She sized you up and feel you aint her type. Sorry .
Re: After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" by dinnerm(f): 9:55pm On Jun 27, 2007
just forget about her,you may even discover you never loved her,take her words and move on with your life,the future will tell.

(1) (Reply)

Why Must We Double Date? / Do Ladies Really: ? / close this acct Seun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.