Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) (37896 Views)

Kenneth Bramor Buys Timi, His First Wife A Rolls Royce After Marrying A 2nd Wife / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman / Prepaid Electricity Meter: So Person Cannot Cook In Peace With Electric Cooker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by heartofgold112: 1:36pm On Aug 12, 2016
Nigeria men are so funny, I was thinking someone will give a good reason why the can't marry a woman who can't cook, most of these men are busy talking about their stomach. lf I was a man the reason why I can't marry a woman who can't cook will be because of my children. I can't imagine them always eating out and not have a home made food. and as a woman I will advice every woman to learn how to cook not only because you want to marry or please your husband but because of your children also. as a mother enjoy cooking with my children even the boys l make sure I teach them all how to cook for their own good, besides it is fun cooking with them it gives me more time to bond with my children.a woman who can't cook may end up training their kids the same way. besides cooking is fun.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by heartofgold112: 1:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
Nigeria men are so funny, I was thinking someone will give a good reason why the can't marry a woman who can't cook, most of these men are busy talking about their stomach. lf I was a man the reason why I can't marry a woman who can't cook will be because of my children. I can't imagine them always eating out and not have a home made food. and as a woman I will advice every woman to learn how to cook not only because you want to marry or please your husband but because of your children also. as a mother I enjoy cooking with my children even the boys l make sure I teach them all how to cook for their own good, besides it is fun cooking with them it gives me more time to bond with my children.a woman who can't cook may end up training her kids the same way. besides cooking is fun.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by CoCoLav(f): 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2016
What's all this drama?
Why not just hire a maid?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by AZeD1(m): 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
yomz1e:
I didn't marry a cook, I married my woman, a friend, soul mate, lover and wife, not a cook! Cooking does not define the qualities in a woman, she. Might not be good in cooking but good in other things grin grin that's why there are professional cooks ..,this life is simple why complicate it.. You and your wife working 9-5! Coming home from work everyday is a struggle and you now want her to go in the kitchen and spend another 2-3hrs in the heat... I advice any single girl that can't cook to stay away from Redeem church. It's not a friendly hunting ground.
You have just won a life time supply of your favourite drink.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by rosalieene(f): 2:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
jabojafa:
so if you happen to be in that kind of relationship wot wud u do?
Easy!! I will break up.
I can't live my life in the kitchen.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by yomz1e(m): 2:36pm On Aug 12, 2016
Orijin please, chilled! unfortunately its like N2650 per bottle where i am .. cry cry cry cry cry cry.

AZeD1:

You have just won a life time supply of your favourite drink.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by holybabayo(m): 2:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
The argument have changed. The question is can you marry a woman who can't cook. That is she no sabi cook. It is not about sharing responsility. That one is another matter. The matter is can she cook?
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by AZeD1(m): 2:57pm On Aug 12, 2016
yomz1e:
Orijin please, chilled! unfortunately its like N2650 per bottle where i am .. cry cry cry cry cry cry.

Are you in Australia?
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by piagetskinner(m): 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
I think those men gave very mature answers... they would rather teach their wives or enrol her in a catering school

but I still don't understand y a lady wouldn't know how to cook... I mean that's a skill they are supposed to have by default .
as a guy I know how to cook well... girls have eaten my food and testified to that effect
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 12, 2016
Why do you keep making sense?
raayah:

You don't have to be a renowned chef to make eba.. But it involves physical strength and a little bit of teaching to be able to fix mechanical and electrical stuff.

I mean, topping up your oil is easy, but doing a complete oil change is not! Even most Nigerian men don't do it..
And what electrical problem if not changing bulbs and fuses ( which anyone can do). If you have a serious electrical problem, you call an electrician.

Stop acting like Nigerian men do a lot of mechanical and electrical work at home, they don't
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by shegxi(m): 3:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
i dnt understand y anyone shldn't be able to cook in the first place......its crazy, no excuse jare.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2016
WinningSun:

if you intend marrying a Nigerian man.I would advice you to learn how to cook. else marry oyinbo. cos if you daretodiffer it might be the source of marital woes.
white men also love women who cook.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by sparklebug: 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
repogirl:
I noticed that they mostly interviewed sokpan boys who lack exposure but the few men who were older and possibly already married were more tolerant of the idea.

Yes, a woman should know how to cook but in the case where she doesn't, other factors should also determine the best action to take.

Does she want to learn?
Does she have other redeeming qualities about her?
Her personality, etc....

What if she doesn't know how to cook but she is industrious, hardworking and a really caring woman who contributes financially to the family, would you still act the same way? I doubt it.

Modified:

Chai! I go find trouble this early morning. Okay o, I have heard you people. I was only playing devil's advocate. grin
So please stop mentioning me.

Still sha, there's a lot more to marriage than food cooking. Married people will understandangry

One sane quote here! I also noticed the last two men being interviewed looked more experienced and echoed the same thing; TEACH HER! All these " I'll pursue her cos she can't cook" sounds shallow biko. Life is more than food ..after all didn't Jesus say man shall not leave by food alone?
And to the ladies who can't cook, try and learn , you heard? Cooking isn't hard, once you learn the rudiments of steaming meat, fish, etc, you can free style on the dish and come out with a finger licking one! All the best!
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
holybabayo:

It's a pity sha. But sincerely we single people have a rather sweet and rosy view of marriage. But really marriage is for a lifetime. She will be your wife, later a mother, a grand mother and great grand mother. Every right thinking man will know that to marry a woman, you will also be responsible to her financially. I think every right thinking woman that knows she will be a wife some day and does not know how to cook is not truely fit to be a wife. Is she a baby? What was she doing growing up? Doesn't she have a mother to help in the kitchen? No father to show love to with good food? No friends to entertain with some homemade food? I suspect that kind lady. She could be from another planet.
young ladies of nowardays are very strong headed.their mom would have the desire to lecture them on cooking but they would refuse and rather not miss out a nollywood movie on african magic.try and enter many modern nigerian homes of today.u would see the duathers watching keeping up wit d kardeshians while the mom is in the kitchen.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by yomz1e(m): 8:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
guy i dey Queensland o! i went to 805 in peckham where poundo and fish cost almost £25 and origin £5. that was the last time i tasted orijin

AZeD1:

Are you in Australia?
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by AZeD1(m): 10:05pm On Aug 12, 2016
yomz1e:
guy i dey Queensland o! i went to 805 in peckham where poundo and fish cost almost £25 and origin £5. that was the last time i tasted orijin

Lol, no worry, if I see person wey they show that side, I go send some you.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
beautiful232:

Lemme joorjoor tongue
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Subom1(f): 10:19pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ya"ll always argue and debate about the most unneccessary ish jeez
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by paddypower(m): 2:44pm On Nov 21, 2016
beautiful232:
But I can cook indomie nau cry
na indomie we go use do three square meal?
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by beautiful232(f): 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
paddypower:

ha ha ha
ha ha ha
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by escapefromusa(f): 6:01am On Nov 22, 2016
paddypower:

As I am typing right now, hunger dey waya me. I just dey imagine, rice and vegetable stew with enough dried fish, cow meat, plaintains and chilled bottle of guiness.

Guiness easy to get. But my chow no jupiter can provide that for now.

Women, need to understand... some men where just very thoroughly and properly fed by theirs mothers, aunties and sisters.

To the point that once we have interest in a girl, I mean genuine interest - we start thinking in food. We can't control it.

It's actually one of the easiest way to get a husband. Remember that maggi ad, the guy chop one, e chop two, the third time ... na marriage proposal.

Once your well behaved and can cook a killer dish.... trust me ... I will delete all their nos.....

Please, if you can cook, egusi, vegetable stew, edikankong, confirm beans porridge.

Abeg, I am ready for marriage..... love will grow like it always does.

I don suffer for bachelorhood ... hunger all the time. angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman Sues Husband For Allegedly Failing To Take Her To Saudi Arabia / Fire Burn Survivor Whose Baby Bump pics went viral gives Birth. / My Mother Finally CURSED Me Last Night. I DON'T Give A Bleep!! - TheGidRedpiller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.