Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior (2558 Views)

Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? / I Am No Longer A Theist / Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by HCpaul(m): 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Mtcheww ... you made a claim "God does not exist " ...Prove it

Prove what? After the guy don kill the matter with informative points abi.

Apart from God and other myths that is recorded in the Bible can you please tell me 3 more creatures or myths that exist outside this world? Your knowledge is limited to only what the Bible says about the creation as you are not ready to expand your insights to a physical world based on evidence. This is a material world for that matter and humanity that exist in the physical body. We shouldn't be concerned with the supernatural in other to provide solutions to the unknown.

Ok! The GPOLG creatures exist, prove it??
Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by winner01(m): 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2016
hahn:

If you say "God" is real I will ask you, which "God"?

If you say YOUR "God" is real I will ask you, "what about the other 4,200 Gods?"

If you say they are not real and yours is the realest, I will say "that is EXACTLY what they say about YOUR god"

Do you get it? smiley

No, I dont get it. I think you know the real God. That is Who you spend your life fighting against.

1 Like

Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by hahn(m): 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Mtcheww ... you made a claim "God does not exist " ...Prove it

You are asking me to prove that something which isn't real isn't real?

It has to be real first to be disproved smiley
Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by hahn(m): 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
winner01:
No, I dont get it. I think you know the real God. That is Who you spend your life fighting against.

grin

Clown cheesy
Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by winner01(m): 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2016
HCpaul:

Prove what? After the guy don kill the matter with informative points abi.

Apart from God and other myths that is recorded in the Bible can you please tell me 3 more creatures or myths that exist outside this world? Your knowledge is limited to only what the Bible says about the creation as you are not ready to expand your insights to a physical world based on evidence. This is a material world for that matter and humanity that exist in the physical body. We shouldn't be concerned with the supernatural in other to provide solutions to the unknown.

Ok! The GPOLG creatures exist, prove it??
You are a disgrace to intelligence. He knows far more than you when it comes to insights on the physical world. Parroting the word science will not make you a scientist. Go to school.

1 Like

Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by winner01(m): 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2016
hahn:

grin

Clown cheesy
You know who you spend your life trying to fight, so why are you lying?

2 Likes

Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by hahn(m): 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2016
winner01:
You know who you spend your life trying to fight, so why are you lying?

Trying to fight what?
Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by winner01(m): 1:11pm On Aug 13, 2016
hahn:

Trying to fight what?
Are you suffering from pain or trauma, just say it. I can pray for you.

You dont need to force people to share your bitterness.

1 Like

Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by hahn(m): 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2016
winner01:
Are you suffering from pain or trauma, just say it. I can pray for you.

You dont need to force people to share your bitterness.

No I am not suffering from any pain of trauma but there are lots of people in Igbobi who are accident victims. Some are even amputees. Why don't you go and pray for them, restore an amputated limb or something. Remember, nothing is too big for YOUR god smiley

3 Likes

Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by winner01(m): 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
:-k
Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by winner01(m): 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
hahn:

No I am not suffering from any pain of trauma but there are lots of people in Igbobi who are accident victims. Some are even amputees. Why don't you go and pray for them, restore an amputated limb or something. Remember, nothing is too big for YOUR god smiley
Many people have been healed of sicknesses and diseases, you still deny.
Why do you want me not to believe in God with you?

2 Likes

Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by hahn(m): 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2016
winner01:

Then why is there still sickness and disease

Lol. Do I hold vigils? Do I evangelize to believers? Do I hold prayer sessions? Do I threaten people will hell? Do I ask people for tithes and offering? Have I scammed anyone into building a "holy" house recently?

Nigu undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2016
winner01:

Boss, good pm...I did send you mail... kindly treat plzzz
Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by cloudgoddess(f): 4:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
Richirich713:

Obvious an eternal being doesn't need a cause, any theist will tell u that. The op just created a strawman to mock as if theists believed "God can come from nothing."

It's no fallacy, the word "God" in traditional monotheism entails eternal existence with omnipotence, omniscience and omnibenenvence. Also since the op is referring specifically to the bible, he should have known that the bible claims God is uncreated and eternal.
"Obviously an eternal being doesn't need a cause". What about this is obvious? That it was written down/thought up?

Humans create concepts and definitions, the bible is no different. Humans 2,000 years ago believed that the concept of "a being who exists eternally and controls everything" was valid. So they created the word "God" to identify this concept, and stuck on some descriptors they found suitable (omnipotent, omniscient, etc). This, in itself, does not mean that the concept of God is objectively valid, logical or points to something real. All it means is that humans made a word for something they thought was real and defined it according to their imaginations. So no, it isn't obvious that an eternal being can exist uncaused, let alone exist at all.

That being said, it is indeed special pleading to claim that this being can be uncaused/eternal but the universe can't. The universe could also be uncaused/eternal, there is no logical reason to accept the former and reject the latter.
Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2016
hahn:

You are asking me to prove that something which isn't real isn't real?

It has to be real first to be disproved smiley

Hey bro,
You are saying for something to be disproved, it must be real. You have actually goofed in three ways with this claim.

1. You are admitting that God is real and that is why you are disproving His existence.

2. It would be irrational and illogical to disprove something when it is actually real.

3. You are admitting that you can't disprove God's existence since you said KingEbukasblog was asking you to disprove something unreal when it is unreal. For you to say something is not real, then you have a proof to its non-existence.

2 Likes

Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by Richirich713: 7:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
cloudgoddess:

"Obviously an eternal being doesn't need a cause". What about this is obvious? That it was written down/thought up?

But that's not what the op was assessing, he was comparing theists claims (regardless of whether they true or not) with atheist claims, and instead of addressing wat theists actually claim, he just "made up" claims for them which they themselves wud never have claimed.

cloudgoddess:

Humans create concepts and definitions, the bible is no different. Humans 2,000 years ago believed that the concept of "a being who exists eternally and controls everything" was valid. So they created the word "God" to identify this concept, and stuck on some descriptors they found suitable (omnipotent, omniscient, etc). This, in itself, does not mean that the concept of God is objectively valid, logical or points to something real. All it means is that humans made a word for something they thought was real and defined it according to their imaginations.

I don't know wat this got to do with anything I said and how it relates to the strawman I was addressing.

cloudgoddess:

So no, it isn't obvious that an eternal being can exist uncaused, let alone exist at all.

No one is arguing for God existence here, its theist logic vs atheist logic, but when u compare claims u know theists don't believe or claim, u are attacking a strawman or just straight up lying.

cloudgoddess:

That being said, it is indeed special pleading to claim that this being can be uncaused/eternal but the universe can't. The universe could also be uncaused/eternal, there is no logical reason to accept the former and reject the latter.

There's no special pleading going on here, theists claim the universe is not eternal based on big bang cosmology and cosmological arguments.

And yes the universe "could" be eternal but if there's good reasons to think its not then one should follow the evidence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by donnffd(m): 8:20pm On Aug 13, 2016
Richirich713:

But that's not what the op was assessing, he was comparing theists claims (regardless of whether they true or not) with atheist claims, and instead of addressing wat theists actually claim, he just "made up" claims for them which they themselves wud never have claimed.

Can list the number of "made up" claims in the op apart from "God can come from nothing" which might be a miswording but nevertheless portray the same idealogy of special pleading...
Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by HCpaul(m): 11:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
winner01:
He knows far more than you when it comes to insights on the physical world. Parroting the word science will not make you a scientist. Go to school.

Out of point bro.....

Just prove to me that those creatures exist or not because I once had an encounter with them.

Don't let your brain be limited to a single book.

The way Africans take religion, if they can take science like that we will become one of the most successful continents in the world.

It's true that Africans are under a curse, a spell and even enchantments but to my greatest surprise, I found out that religion is the curse.

By the time humanity will dominate Mars, religion will be a thing of the past, the past delusion and the ignorance of the earth. No sane people will carry religion to Mars.

Just continue filling the gap of the unknown with gods and be thinking that you are making sense out of it.
Re: The Theist's Logic Are Far More Superior by winner01(m): 11:55am On Aug 15, 2016
HCpaul:

By the time humanity will dominate Mars, religion will be a thing of the past, the past delusion and the ignorance of the earth. No sane people will carry religion to Mars..
Then chill your hungry nerves till then.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Reject Old Testament Laws But Stick To Tithing / Former Winners Chapel Pastor Korede Komaiya Now Flies In Private Jet / Is Your Name Written In Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.