Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,665 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab (58574 Views)

“Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr / Breaking News! Nigeria Wins Gold And Silver In The Olympics! / Marjorie Enya Proposes To Isadora Cerullo At The Olympics (PICS&VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2016
lovat:
I didn't mention Muslims undecided There are Christians in the arab world but I'm saying what sport are the arab mofos good at? I call them mofos because the arabs hate my black skin than the whites

Don't mind the low life Muslim idiot. He is drenched in his inferiority complex with his stupid and backward religion.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by naseedguy(m): 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2016
very very nice
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by Respect55(m): 8:06pm On Aug 13, 2016
Nusaf:
My business with ur opinion is that u are interfering in my religion.
That still begs the question, why are u so pained?
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by Nusaf: 8:37pm On Aug 13, 2016
Respect55:

That still begs the question, why are u so pained?
Because I love my religion.
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by Respect55(m): 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2016
Nusaf:
Because I love my religion.
One more question n I will take a bow:How is dat my business?
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by Nusaf: 8:59pm On Aug 13, 2016
Respect55:

One more question n I will take a bow:How is dat my business?
Non of ur business. The more reason why u shouldn't interfere in it.
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by Respect55(m): 9:23pm On Aug 13, 2016
Nusaf:
Non of ur business. The more reason why u shouldn't interfere in it.
Peace Bro.
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by Cesclxg(m): 9:58pm On Aug 13, 2016
She would have gain my respect had she won. Any fool could have made the 7th position. First win a medal wearing hijab in a 100 meters sprint and u get celebrate. And pls do not tell me that she should take comfort for not being last. Do not celebrate mediocrity. If u didn't participate in the race to win, u shouldn't have bothered at all.
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by vigilantee(m): 11:22pm On Aug 13, 2016
Islam is a religion that commands respect n value. People hate the religion because of its steadfastness even in the face of the modern world that has turn immorality to norms and the gullible followers of other religions are ever ready to do whatever pleases the western world to gain popularity n their so called fame. They call it civilization.
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by DrinkWater10: 2:51am On Aug 14, 2016
maxkenny:
Nice one...the good lesson here is women should cover their endowment and chastity no matter the circumstance you meet yourself. The west have enslaved us, taken away our pride in fashion, culture, religion but gave us nudity in fashion and morals. Big respect for the courage she took in portray her religion.
When will you and other chauvinists of your kind start covering up from head to toe?
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by olarid01: 5:28am On Aug 14, 2016
olarid01:

Your insanity transcends normalcy. Must you sprout nonsense if you know noting abt what you wanna say? Hijab is a part of Muslim women(not even their clothing, it is a part of them).
But let me ask you, where can the existence of Hijab be traced to?

oniranu, I knew he won't answer, bumbling idiot.
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by rman: 6:59am On Aug 14, 2016
Christians claim Muslims are intolerant, bad etc .A lady wears hijab to run at the Olympics and Christians still found a way to be unhappy .

True Christians need to watch themselves hence they become exactly the negative attritubes they project about Muslims.
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by naptu2: 7:51am On Aug 14, 2016
I had made up my mind not to post on this thread again because of the breathtaking ignorance that I've seen here.

How can anybody say that arabs are not good at sports?? That means that (1) the person doesn't know anything about sports (2) the person must be a kid who is only aware of very recent happenings and doesn't know anything about events that have happened in the past.

For the avoidance of doubt and despite the attempts of some jokers to alter the statement, the original statement was quite clear. It was that arabs are not good at sports. The person didn't specify any religion or nationality, he wasn't referring to any specific gender or any apparel, he was simply referring to the arab ethnic group. Arabs are not good at sports!

This is despite the fact that arabs have dominated middle distance running, producing multiple world and olympic champions who hold multiple world records. This is despite the fact that the egyptian national team have won the African Nations Cup more times than any other team. This is also despite the fact that the egyptians have won multiple titles in swimming and table tennis at the All Africa Games. Arabs are just not good at sports (at least that's what he said).

Now, there are people (like that joker) who would like to play with words and twist facts, simply because they don't want to admit that they are wrong, but I'm really not interested in such silly games. This is for people who don't know, so that they will know and so that they will not be misled by ignorant people.

So I'm going to post videos that show how terrible arabs are at sports.

Said Aouita

Said Aouita was a moroccan superstar athlete in the 1980s and early 1990s. I watched his exploits on Trans World Sports, ABC Wide World Of Sports and the George Michael Sports Machine in the 1980s.

Aouita won gold in the 5000 metres at the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles. He also won gold at the 1987 World Championships in Rome, thus becoming the world and olympic champion. He capped it all by winning gold in the World Indoor Championships in the 3,000 metres in Budapest in 1989.

Aouita also won bronze in the 3000 metres at the World Championships in Helsinki in 1983 and another bronze in the 800 metres at the 1988 Olympics in Seoul, South Korea.

He is a former world record holder in the 1500 metres, 2000 metres, 3000 metres and twice in the 5000 metres. Aouita was one of the first globally known arab sports people.

Video: Said Aouita wins gold in the 5000 metres at the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles, setting a new olympic record in the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol1BLE2HGTQ
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by naptu2: 8:10am On Aug 14, 2016
Nawal El Moutawakel is a former moroccan athlete who won gold in the first ever 400 metres hurdles race for women at the 1984 olympics in Los Angeles. She also won gold at the Arab Championships in Tunisia in 1981, gold in the African Athletics Championships in Egypt in 1982 and gold at the Mediterranean Games in Rabat in 1984.

[img]http://2.bp..com/_TuXJWcNJvNY/S_F3agWg69I/AAAAAAAAAck/IacrULcqla4/s400/EL_MOUTAWAKEL_N_1984_GH_L.jpg[/img]

She is currently a member of the IAAF council and the International Olympic Committee.

Here she is, winning the 400 metres hurdles at the olympics (LA '84). Also running in this race is Jamaican legend, Sandra Farmer (now Sandra Farmer-Patrick).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJjkWOPb1Pw
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by naptu2: 8:48am On Aug 14, 2016
Noureddine Morceli is an algerian who was an athletics superstar in the 1990s. He is a three time world champion, having won the 1500 metres at the 1991 world championships in Tokyo, the 1993 world championships in Stuttgart and the 1995 world championships in Gothenburg. He also won gold in the 1996 olympics in Atlanta and the 1991 world indoor championships in Seville. He was unstoppable in the early and mid 1990s.

He set multiple world records in the 1,500 metres, the mile run and the 3,000 metres.

[img]http://www.aps.dz/en/media/k2/items/cache/e6ca2e4b20d45ea567e9c03a33148136_XL.jpg[/img]

naptu2:
Gosh! I remember this very well. This was the legend vs the new kid on the block. The passing of the crown.

(I call this the MC Hammer World Championships because it was the first time that NTA showed the MC Hammer Pepsi advert).

The legend Said Aouita vs the new kid on the block Nourredine Morceli. Morocco vs Algeria (no one cares that the Kenyan came second. It was all about the guy that came first and the guy that came third).

Aouita had been the star of the 1980s and this is where Morceli dethroned him. Interestingly, Morceli (an Algerian) dethroned a moroccan and was eventually dethroned by another moroccan (Hicham El-Geroudj).

1991 World Championships in Tokyo Japan. Nouridine Morcelli wins the 1,500 metres.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7y9iJ_nrb8

naptu2:
This race was filled with megastars!

If Tokyo '91 was the Pepsi world championships, then this was the Mercedes Benz world championships. Mercedes Benz launched their new E-Class at this championships and you could see the headlights and grill on advertisement hoardings in the stadium.

Three absolute african legends are on show in this video. Noureddine Morceli of Algeria was unstoppable at this time. He was the world champion and world record holder in every distance from 1,500 to 3,000 metres.

Venuste Niyongabo of Burundi! A professor of mass communication told me then that he would have ignored the media if he was. Niyongabo. They kept asking him about the genocide in Rwanda and whether he was hutu or tutsi. He's Burundian and he is an athlete, not a politician!

Hicham El-Gerouj of Morocco would become (in the late 1990s) what Said Aouita and Nouridine Morcelli were in the 1980s and early '90s.

But this was 1995.

Watch what happens when the bell is rung for the last lap.

1995 World Championships in Gothenborg, Sweden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDnF4zEvmrc

How do you know a true world champion? How do you know a true megastar? It's when he takes on the absolute best (absolute legends) and beats them comprehensively.

1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta. Superstar field. Kenyan legend William Tanui, European star Fermin Cacho, new kid on the block Hicham El Geurouj and former world champion Abdi Beli of Ethiopia. See what Morceli does to them.

Morceli took off just before the bell. El Gerouj tried to chase him and fell, then Morceli blew away the field to win gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9t9TQpmqEw
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by naptu2: 10:42am On Aug 14, 2016
Hassiba Boulmerka is a former algerian athlete who is currently a member of the Athletes Commission of the International Olympic Committee.

Boulmerka won gold in the 1500 metres at the 1991 World Championships in Tokyo (completing an algerian double in the 1500. Noureddine Morceli won the men's event) and in the 1995 World Championships in Gothenburg. She also won gold at the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona and bronze at the 1993 World Championships in Stuttgart

naptu2:
Nairaland posts keep bringing back good memories. The early 1990s was a fantastic time for nigerian and indeed african athletics. There were just too many great stars from Africa. You get to see two of them in this video.

This field was a superstar field. All the best former soviets were here (Tetyana Dorovskikh and Lyudmila Rogachova) and so was Qu Yunxia (the world record holder). The Maputo Express, the great Maria Mutola of Mozambique was also on the track, but the day belonged to the world champion, the great Hasibah Boulmerka. She blew the field away. Check out the gap!

(If you listen to the commentator, you might make the mistake of thinking that she's the first arab or muslim woman to win gold at the olympics. Of course that's not true. Nawal El Moutawakel won gold at Los Angeles '84 and there are other arab women that have won gold).

Barcelona 1992 Olympics. Hasiba Boulmerka wins gold in the women's 1,500.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBhCnM_V6yw
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by hafees: 11:24am On Aug 14, 2016
A lot of people miss out the manufacturer of the kit she is wearing-Nike. Everything is taken care of, they know what they are doing. So please rest all physics theories. She simply as good as the 7th position she got, nothing to do with Hijab. I am surprised by the blind eye turned to the issue of choice for fellow human beings and the saddening generalization that the hijab is forced on women. I detect lots of hatred and the no spirit of tolerance for people of different faith. Your condemnation won't change anything, she wants to do sport n she decided to keep her faith while doing it. She is different allow her be and concentrate on bettering your own lives

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by fijabs(m): 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
When will these people have sense? undecided
How do you expect to gain acceleration and run at full speed with those burden of load on her body!

Plain stupidity if you ask me
bt if she exposed her body she will gain acceleration? I can see why ur life remain the same, pervert. How many of ur family have competed in Olympic before. End time person
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by naptu2: 12:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
Hicham El Guerrouj is a former moroccan track superstar, who is the current world record holder in the 1500 metres, mile and 2000 metres. He is known as the King Of The Mile and many consider him to be the greatest middle distance runner of all time.

[img]http://overthehillsports.files./2015/07/guerrouj1.jpg[/img]

He is a double olympic gold medalist, winning gold in both the 1500 and 5000 metres races at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens. He also won a silver medal in the 1500 metres at the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney.

El Guerrouj is a four time world champion, winning the 1500 metres at the 1997 World Championships in Athens, the 1999 World Championships in Seville, the 2001 World Championships in Edmonton and the 2003 World Championships in Paris. He also won silver in the 1500 at the 1995 World Championships in Gothenburg and another silver in the 5000 metres at the 2003 World Championships in Paris.

El Guerrouj is also a three time world indoor champion, winning the 1500 at Barcelona '95 and Paris '97. He also won gold in the 3000 metres at Lisbon 2001.

Video: Two absolute african legends battle it out in the final of the 1500 metres at the 2004 Olympics in Athens.

Hicham El Guerrouj vs Bernard Lagat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2B3A6cOJK4
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2016
Bt I guess right for you people to insult Christians ND the favour not returned to you? Bunch of religious bigots
Smellymouth:

The picture of the lady shows she is a muslim..Stop hiding behind the guise of Arab to attack Islam!!!
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by udatso: 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2016
Orikinla:

[size=20pt]Majority of Muslims need more knowledge.
Hijab was never an Islamic dress code.
The hijab has been in existence before Islam.
Muslims misunderstand and misuse facts of history from Genesis to Revelation.[/size].
Go on then scholar. Teach us our religion
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by omojeesu(m): 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

You are fool because you know nothing. Just commenting trash. My pet peeve is I detest ignoramus like you

Are you really a Muslim?
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by Petdagr8t(m): 9:15pm On Aug 15, 2016
[quote author=Lukay99 post=48448333]

Just listen to yourself do you have problem with the dress code/color? As matter of fact you're also a Black man/woman :Wetin carry this one come here
Re: Saudi Arabia's Kariman Abujadayel At The Olympics Fully Kitted In Hijab by fox26: 7:50pm On Aug 16, 2016
running like the dick is about to fall out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) / Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List / Manchester United Will Pay Jose Mourinho For Sacking Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.