Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,357 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (676070 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Qhalifah: 9:40pm On Oct 04, 2016
PLEASE can ANYONE help with how to get study materials on SAT EXAM oooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
PrettyBoyFloyd:
Please,I need a quick reply to this. My kid sister wants to come to the states for masters in law,She graduated from one of the state university from Law and passed her Bar exams with a good grade in the Law school. What does she need to do to further in law in America? Does she need to do a masters in law(which am not sure they have in the states) or is there an exam like GRE or GMAT that she needs to write to gain admission? Help me here house; LagosismyHome,Walspring,Imperiouxx etc I need candid replies plz

Sorry ooo.... law degree I no nothing about
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 9:54pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hello house,
I was given a full GA which covers the first semester alone. They said to maintain that I'll need to have a 3.0 GPA. Please, is this how a typical full GA contract is or does it normally covers a whole session.
Thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 10:03pm On Oct 04, 2016
Fesobi92:
Hello house,
I was given a full GA which covers the first semester alone. They said to maintain that I'll need to have a 3.0 GPA. Please, is this how a typical full GA contract is or does it normally covers a whole session.
Thanks in advance
Though your best bet is to ask your program coordinator, I'll go ahead and take a guess. That if you can have a 3.0 GPA minimum after the first semester, you qualify for the GA assistantship the next semester, and on like that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiznonso: 10:26pm On Oct 04, 2016
Fesobi92:
Hello house,
Thanks in advance
Which school is that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:46pm On Oct 04, 2016
Qhalifah:
PLEASE can ANYONE help with how to get study materials on SAT EXAM oooo

You need to go and buy material for SAT or you download from college board site
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
Fesobi92:
Hello house,
Thanks in advance

Sometimes each school can custom how they choose to distribute their funding...its their money their choice
It would have been safer if the offer covered one year but as it only covers per semester depending on 3.0 GPA. ...then what choice do u have ??. Still not a bad deal

You just know from beginning that you must maintain 3.0 or u can lose it. .....personally except u are playing I think 3.0 is attainable so u should be fine.....most funding have a min GPA expectation anyway .....d only other issue is whether d school will then expect u to show a balance for d other semester before releasing i20...I dont know but u have to confirm that. Congrats on the GA... its a tremendous help in this Buhari economy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2016
Fesobi92:
Hello house,
Thanks in advance
You're even lucky to get one.
I got the same offer. 3.0 should not even give you headache, things are very easy here if you work hard
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 11:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Sometimes each school can custom how they choose to distribute their funding...its their money their choice
It would have been safer if the offer covered one year but as it only covers per semester depending on 3.0 GPA. ...then what choice do u have ??. Still not a bad deal

You just know from beginning that you must maintain 3.0 or u can lose it. .....personally except u are playing I think 3.0 is attainable so u should be fine.....most funding have a min GPA expectation anyway .....d only other issue is whether d school will then expect u to show a balance for d other semester before releasing i20...I dont know but u have to confirm that. Congrats on the GA... its a tremendous help in this Buhari economy
word!!! i still stare at my I-20 trying to figure out who is owing who, for instance you might see funds from department totally about 45000 dollars a session(fall and spring), but as far as this country is concerned other expenses would creep up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 11:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
Fesobi92:
Hello house,
Thanks in advance
if you can be persistent enough to request for funding calculator, to clarify how the funding is spread out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Qhalifah: 11:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
Walspring:

You need to go and buy material for SAT or you download from college board site
I couldn't get any link on how to download it on collegeboard.....can you pls explain how to go about it. Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 11:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
Chiznonso:

Which school is that?
Uni of memphis
OluDare01:

I got the same offer. 3.0 should not even give you headache, things are very easy here if you work hard
Walahi, I know am fotunate. I have God to thank. 3.0 is the goal since I got the letter. Thanks brother. See you soon in Tennessee grin
LagosismyHome:

Yes they need me to show the balance which I did. Expecting the i20. Seriously, the 3.0 sounds to me like "what do they think of Nigerians". A real life saver in this difficult economic period. Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Qhalifah: 11:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
OluDare01:

Pls how can one get study materials for SAT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 11:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
amanze15:
if you can be persistent enough to request for funding calculator, to clarify how the funding is spread out
They're paying first semester fees with monthly stipend as well as opportunity for summer teaching. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Qhalifah: 11:25pm On Oct 04, 2016
Fesobi92:

Uni of memphis
Walahi, I know am fotunate. I have God to thank. 3.0 is the goal since I got the letter. Thanks brother. See you soon in Tennessee grin
Yes they need me to show the balance which I did. Expecting the i20. Seriously, the 3.0 sounds to me like "what do they think of Nigerians". A real life saver in this difficult economic period. Thanks so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:26pm On Oct 04, 2016
Fesobi92:
Hello house,
Thanks in advance

Most schools I read about concerning scholarship/funding that's what they usually state that at each semester student must maintain a certain Gpa to qualify for the scholarship.. Although each schools has their own policy on funding

Maybe those with funding/scholarship who have spent 2 or more semesters should help out on this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 11:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
Walspring:

Most schools I read about concerning scholarship/funding that's what they usually state that at each semester student must maintain a certain Gpa to qualify for the scholarship.. Although each schools has their own policy on funding

Maybe those with funding/scholarship who have spent 2 or more semesters should help out on this
I don try pm you brother but Nairaland keep short serving me. Saying I've sent too many pms. Pls could you pm me pls. Want to send a draft to you. Thanks in advance sire
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
Qhalifah:
I couldn't get any link on how to download it on collegeboard.....can you pls explain how to go about it. Thanks!

There is daily question or test of the day on college board site you can work on that..

Another option is to go to yaba around Tejuosho new ultra modern market or Ojuelegba to get a copy there and work with it..

Self study doesn't have SAT materials link to download and I would have forward it to you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:32pm On Oct 04, 2016
Fesobi92:

I don try pm you brother but Nairaland keep short serving me. Saying I've sent too many pms. Pls could you pm me pls. Want to send a draft to you. Thanks in advance sire

Lol... You must have send many pm today and this usually occur when you want to send pm twice in less than 10 or 15 minutes

Check your email now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Qhalifah: 11:40pm On Oct 04, 2016
Walspring:

There is daily question or test of the day on college board site you can work on that..

Another option is to go to yaba around Tejuosho new ultra modern market or Ojuelegba to get a copy there and work with it..

Self study doesn't have SAT materials link to download and I would have forward it to you
Alright, thanks a lot for the info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Qhalifah: 11:43pm On Oct 04, 2016
Walspring:

One more thing; do they sell already compiled one for verbal,quant and writing or they sell separately and like how much would it cost.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:48pm On Oct 04, 2016
Qhalifah:
One more thing; do they sell already compiled one for verbal,quant and writing or they sell separately and like how much would it cost.

Yes everything is inside the text book and I think it's over 500 pages

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
Qhalifah:
Alright, thanks a lot for the info

Let's give the thanks to God

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 12:00am On Oct 05, 2016
Walspring:

Lol... You must have send many pm today and this usually occur when you want to send pm twice in less than 10 or 15 minutes

Check your email now
Thanks brother....seen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 12:54am On Oct 05, 2016
Qhalifah:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yx4wnii8qmno9lu/SAT%20Math%20Facts%20and%20Formulas.pdf?dl=0

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dramaka(m): 1:29am On Oct 05, 2016
slimmy2005:
monthly or yearly?

But if 300 mins would be enough for you, you can do...

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 1:41am On Oct 05, 2016
Fesobi92:

They're paying first semester fees with monthly stipend as well as opportunity for summer teaching. Thanks
that's a great deal, i guess you would have to stay within a certain CGPA to have same deal for the subsequent session
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by cosxzbay: 2:01am On Oct 05, 2016
[/b][b][/b][b]
PrettyBoyFloyd:
Please,I need a quick reply to this. My kid sister wants to come to the states for masters in law,She graduated from one of the state university from Law and passed her Bar exams with a good grade in the Law school. What does she need to do to further in law in America? Does she need to do a masters in law(which am not sure they have in the states) or is there an exam like GRE or GMAT that she needs to write to gain admission? Help me here house; LagosismyHome,Walspring,Imperiouxx etc I need candid replies plz

If she wants to practice law in America she will need to attend a Law school, The legal systems are quite different , hence British legal system is not necessarily applicable here. To get admission into any Law school will require her to take LSAT exams and based on her scores she can apply to Ivy, National school or regional rank schools, which gives her better opportunities thereafter. The US law school runs for three years and it's regarded as graduate program too. when you graduate from law school, you will be required to write state bar exams depending on the states you wish to practice.unlike in Nigeria where we have a unified bar exams.
However, if she doesn't want to practice law, she can easily get schools that offer masters in law related programs without LSAT.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by warriboy21(m): 2:11am On Oct 05, 2016
I tot I was d only one who noticed d sudden increase in tarrif by voip from 35c to 78c..

Pls which one is recommended..cos I'm dropping dem right away...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Battywonder(m): 2:17am On Oct 05, 2016
OGreene:
i have 2 kaplan textbooks, so i cn give out one.

Who needs it? Lagos location
Bro, I sincerely and genuinely need it. Igando, Ikotun, Lagos.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 2:28am On Oct 05, 2016
Fesobi92:

Uni of memphis

Memphis is the largest city in TN so you should expect the cost of living to be shocked shocked. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kellykings84: 3:28am On Oct 05, 2016
Concerning law in America. If d person is already a lawyer, u don't have to attend law school a over again. U evaluate ur transcripts nd go in for an LLM. After d 1yr masters, u re eligible t write d bar exams and start practice.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.