Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672826 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 7:54am On Oct 06, 2016
Its for GRE

quote author=yusuftosho post=49920415]

Please am interested oh brother. Location: Surulere Lagos[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 7:59am On Oct 06, 2016
So you have already told them ur aunty lives there, now you are contemplating on whether to change story. Their database is up-tight bro.

Skmoney:
Thank you so much @Lagosismyhome

Pls I will also like to know when am going for my interview to answer if I know anyone in California cos my Aunty lives there... And there was a time in the past I was denied a visiting visa (she sent the invitation letter)..
Curious to know if am asked a question if I have anybody in the USA... Should I reply by saying YES or NO

Thanks for having my time despite been so busy
God bless all of us

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 8:12am On Oct 06, 2016
How did you get the GA?

Fesobi92:
Hello house,
I was given a full GA which covers the first semester alone. They said to maintain that I'll need to have a 3.0 GPA. Please, is this how a typical full GA contract is or does it normally covers a whole session.
Thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:20am On Oct 06, 2016
kenniez26:
It is possible to make adjustments to my ds-160 after confirmation and submission without creating another one instead of writing Lagos as my place of birth as it is my international passport I wrote shomolu
Cc walspring lagosismyhone, oludare01 and other professionals

Yes it possible to replace it but not to edit certain parts however I too sleepy to type it....its been mentioned several times in the past the process hw to fill in a new one and swap so read old post
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 8:20am On Oct 06, 2016
kenniez26:
It is possible to make adjustments to my ds-160 after confirmation and submission without creating another one instead of writing Lagos as my place of birth as it is my international passport I wrote shomolu
Cc walspring lagosismyhone, oludare01 and other professionals

After submission of that ds160 you can't edit or correct or adjust at all, am sure you read and saw the warning before you click submit and you will need to fill a new ds160 to correct any mistakes or errors

That's why I do tell people don't be in haste or hurry to submit the ds160 form
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:22am On Oct 06, 2016
okgerald:
Hello guys. I need an admission letter for usa university to apply for sturdy leave from my job. Even if its just temporary.

Sorry But nobody can help u with this as no one here issues admission letter ...... if this is what u need for study leave u go get it then
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 8:24am On Oct 06, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Yes it possible to replace it but not to edit certain parts however I too sleepy to type it....its been mentioned several times in the past the process hw to fill in a new one and swap so read old post

After submission is not possible because a message will show that you can't edit if you submit and the dude who posted that it can be edited after submission didn't not state how (s)he did that up till now.

Maybe he posted it and I didn't read it or I miss the message because I asked and he said something else.. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 8:26am On Oct 06, 2016
okgerald:
Hello guys. I need an admission letter for usa university to apply for sturdy leave from my job. Even if its just temporary.

You need apply to a school and get the admission letter for your study leave and your i20 because no on here are admission officer or agent to a school..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:27am On Oct 06, 2016
Walspring:

After submission is not possible because a message will show that you can't edit if you submit and the dude who posted that it can be edited after submission didn't not state how (s)he did that up till now.

Maybe he posted it and I didn't read it or I miss the message because I asked and he said something else.. gringringrin

Thanks I re read the post now my eye Don open small and edited it but ur hand too fast and caught the old post tongue .....also u no dey sleep ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 8:30am On Oct 06, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Thanks I re read the post now my eye Don open small and edited it but ur hand too fast and caught the old post tongue .....also u no dey sleep ?

Lol.. I dey sleep same way una dey sleep oo.

gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MECHANICALENG: 8:47am On Oct 06, 2016
Good morning gurus in the house, please I need your help with reviewing my mock transcript be welcome to state faults as I am ready to take note and make corrections..thanks in anticipation

Me: Good morning sir/ mar!!

VO: can I have your documents? What are your study plans?

Me: I intend going to united state at Benjamin Franklin for the purpose of my undergraduate study in Mechanical engineering Technology, which would be taking the period of 48month and fetch me a bachelor degree after completion of my stay, I would afterword come back to Nigeria to establish and improve myself to create job for other unemployed youths.

VO: which school are you going to? And how many did you applied to?

Me: I am going to Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology and I applied into three schools namely; Benjamin Franklin, Troy university and California institute of technology.

VO: why did you choose BFIT of all school you applied to?

Me: Despite the fact that it is affordable, has a small classes with faculty ratio of 11:1, Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology is affiliated to engineering firms such as procter and gamble (P&G), that has its head quarters located at Boston to prepare student to become more competent technicians and benefits from more exposure and field experience from the industry which will in other words make me fits for my profession adequately.

VO: How do you come about the school?

Me: I used some academical search engine such as google.com,www. Engineeringschool.com and finally narrowed my search using USnews.com.

VO: What is this course going to do for you?

Me: This course is going equipt me such that I will be technically fit and competent due to the relative exposure and experience it offers, and hence would give me upper hand when I finally come back to Nigeria to improve and establish myself for economy improvements.

VO: Why this course ?

Me:Firstly right from my childhood I've always wanted to become a Mechanical engineer due to the love and passion I have for process behind machine and engineen creation, in the same vein Mechanical engineering being a very versatile course plays a major role in technological advancements in the 21st century with manufacturing process, job creation and transportation easeness.

VO: when did you finished your high school and what have you been doing since then?

ME: I finished high school in the year 2009, After high school, I decided to empower myself by joining steve Automobile Tech Industry, where I was trained in auto-mechanic repair for 36 months, after my training, I decided to add some more educational skills to what I've learned by enrolling for my National Diploma which I concluded in 2015 afterwhich I got a compulsory internship placement at Toyota company where I worked as auto repair .....

VO: did you right any test?

Me: yes I did and here is the score

VO: how long is the program?

ME: period of 48 months sir

VO: who is paying for your study and what does he do?

Me: My Eldest brother, he is a Mechanical engineer whom work at Obat oil and gas petroleum company and as an assistant Manager.

VO: why is he gonna pay for you and how much does he earn monthly?

Me: He is gonna pay for me because he has always been the one paying for my school bills from my secondary school till date since we lost our dad and also he presently got no other responsibility as he is currently single. I honestly don't know how much he earns as we hardly talk to that area but I can say he earns closely 2 million a monthly coupled with my late dads auto workshops he manages.

VO: here is your I-20 you gonna be needing it at the P.O.E...

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kenniez26: 9:13am On Oct 06, 2016
Ok.thanks walspring and lagosismyhome.I got a new bar code by following this process.I selected a location for the visa , I enter the code ,then I clicked on retrieve an application after that I entered my former application id and clicked on retrieve application after which I entered my security questions and clicked retrieve application again.this message pop up
The Ds-160 application you are attempting to retrieve has been submitted.select an option below and click continue.
1. View confirmation page
2. Create a new application.
I choose create a new application and clicked on continue.
So I was able to see my former data and made the necessary corrections while I input one or two data that is missing. After submission I got a new bar code.thanks walspring and Lagosismyhome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akaymotus: 10:13am On Oct 06, 2016
sobastical:

Wow!
Congratulations sir, that's God's grace in action
Enjoy your new beginning and it shall be fruitful.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akaymotus: 10:15am On Oct 06, 2016
Ajibade105:
I want to understand this your transcript. Did you apply for F1 visa with your wife?. Check your email, you have a PM. Thanks

I applied for f1 while my wife f2.
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 10:34am On Oct 06, 2016
OGreene:
How did you get the GA?

First, I sent a message to the program coordinator stating my qualifications and academic journey so far and most importantly my research interest. After reading the message, she encouraged me to apply.
Second, I applied submitting all the required info and documents. Then, waited while God was working and representing me over there.
Finally, I was invited for an interview which went well thanks to God and of course everybody's woman and mother, LAGOSISMYCRIB grin
Evryother thing just fall into place. Hope this helps.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 10:47am On Oct 06, 2016
ok, i already replied

Battywonder:

Bro, I sincerely and genuinely need it. Igando, Ikotun, Lagos.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 11:03am On Oct 06, 2016
Good morning,

The 2 schools i plan to apply to are Columbia University and Uni of California, Berkeley. Am i safe? I never any nairalander dat applied to des schools cry

I hope they are friendly with funding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:09am On Oct 06, 2016
OGreene:
Good morning,

The 2 schools i plan to apply to are Columbia University and Uni of California, Berkeley. Am i safe? I never any nairalander dat applied to des schools cry

I hope they are friendly with funding.

Columbia us ivy so very selective . UC Berkley not bad as well..... I trust u have good GPA and test scores to match these.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:13am On Oct 06, 2016
Fesobi92:

First, I sent a message to the program coordinator stating my qualifications and academic journey so far and most importantly my research interest. After reading the message, she encouraged me to apply.
Second, I applied submitting all the required info and documents. Then, waited while God was working and representing me over there.
Finally, I was invited for an interview which went well thanks to God and of course everybody's woman and mother, LAGOSISMYCRIB grin
Evryother thing just fall into place. Hope this helps.

lol .......This na remix version in bold o

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 11:13am On Oct 06, 2016
My GRE test date was moved to early Dec, am so sad. I really want to write in November as early application is key embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 11:14am On Oct 06, 2016
bros, na 2:1 ooo. Yet to write GRE

i carry faith join wink

LagosismyHome:

Columbia us ivy so very selective . UC Berkley not bad as well..... I trust u have good GPA and test scores to match these.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:18am On Oct 06, 2016
OGreene:
bros, na 2:1 ooo. Yet to write GRE

Well you know your whole package best....If it was me I would throw in another much safer school less competitive , if u really want admission and funding . ... don't ask me like what oooo grin. ... Ask Google

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 11:20am On Oct 06, 2016
by safe school, u mean national school or lower ranking? or u use admission rate

LagosismyHome:

Well you know your whole package best....If it was me I would throw in another much safer school less competitive , if u really want admission and funding . ... don't ask me like what oooo grin. ... Ask Google
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 06, 2016
MECHANICALENG:
Good morning gurus in the house, please I need your help with reviewing my mock transcript be welcome to state faults as I am ready to take note and make corrections..thanks in anticipation

Me: Good morning sir/ mar!!

VO: can I have your documents? What are your study plans?

Me: I intend going to united state at Benjamin Franklin for the purpose of my undergraduate study in Mechanical engineering Technology, which would be taking the period of 48month and fetch me a bachelor degree after completion of my stay, I would afterword come back to Nigeria to establish and improve myself to create job for other unemployed youths.

VO: which school are you going to? And how many did you applied to?

Me: I am going to Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology and I applied into three schools namely; Benjamin Franklin, Troy university and California institute of technology.

VO: why did you choose BFIT of all school you applied to?

Me: Despite the fact that it is affordable, has a small classes with faculty ratio of 11:1, Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology is affiliated to engineering firms such as procter and gamble (P&G), that has its head quarters located at Boston to prepare student to become more competent technicians and benefits from more exposure and field experience from the industry which will in other words make me fits for my profession adequately.

VO: How do you come about the school?

Me: I used some academical search engine such as google.com,www. Engineeringschool.com and finally narrowed my search using USnews.com.

VO: What is this course going to do for you?

Me: This course is going equipt me such that I will be technically fit and competent due to the relative exposure and experience it offers, and hence would give me upper hand when I finally come back to Nigeria to improve and establish myself for economy improvements.

VO: Why this course ?

Me:Firstly right from my childhood I've always wanted to become a Mechanical engineer due to the love and passion I have for process behind machine and engineen creation, in the same vein Mechanical engineering being a very versatile course plays a major role in technological advancements in the 21st century with manufacturing process, job creation and transportation easeness.

VO: when did you finished your high school and what have you been doing since then?

ME: I finished high school in the year 2009, After high school, I decided to empower myself by joining steve Automobile Tech Industry, where I was trained in auto-mechanic repair for 36 months, after my training, I decided to add some more educational skills to what I've learned by enrolling for my National Diploma which I concluded in 2015 afterwhich I got a compulsory internship placement at Toyota company where I worked as auto repair .....

VO: did you right any test?

Me: yes I did and here is the score

VO: how long is the program?

ME: period of 48 months sir

VO: who is paying for your study and what does he do?

Me: My Eldest brother, he is a Mechanical engineer whom work at Obat oil and gas petroleum company and as an assistant Manager.

VO: why is he gonna pay for you and how much does he earn monthly?

Me: He is gonna pay for me because he has always been the one paying for my school bills from my secondary school till date since we lost our dad and also he presently got no other responsibility as he is currently single. I honestly don't know how much he earns as we hardly talk to that area but I can say he earns closely 2 million a monthly coupled with my late dads auto workshops he manages.

VO: here is your I-20 you gonna be needing it at the P.O.E...

Oga, faculty student ratio is a NO NO!!!
And what did you narrow your search down to ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by khulthum: 1:32pm On Oct 06, 2016
No I wasn't refered ....why did u ask dis

Were you refered to sending your transcript to evaluation company? [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by khulthum: 1:34pm On Oct 06, 2016
No I wasn't refered....Why did u ask dis pls...are u presently in the same sch or applied there
cabayes:

Were you refered to sending your transcript to evaluation company?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by yusuftosho: 2:10pm On Oct 06, 2016
Chief I know. Pick up location?
OGreene:
Its for GRE

quote author=yusuftosho post=499204

Please am interested oh brother. Location: Surulere Lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MECHANICALENG: 3:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
tomisinobbm:

Oga, faculty student ratio is a NO NO!!!
And what did you narrow your search down to ?
Thanks for the notification, though thats exactly the faculty ratio from the school, do you advice I make it 16:1 sir?, also can I say narrowed my search using USNEWS.COM to technology..?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 06, 2016
MECHANICALENG:

Thanks for the notification, though thats exactly the faculty ratio from the school, do you advice I make it 16:1 sir?, also can I say narrowed my search using USNEWS.COM to technology..?

From my own little experience,
They hate to hear faculty ratio, its too generic.
Errm, if you say narrow down. In my case, I used
affordability/the funding they offered me.
You can make some deep findings about the school.
What really interests you about them?
What made it stand out?
In summary, you have to develop your own story and not express yourself using online format you saw on different sites.
They help though as you can blend them.
All the best man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MECHANICALENG: 4:03pm On Oct 06, 2016
tomisinobbm:

From my own little experience,
They hate to hear faculty ratio, its too generic.
Errm, if you say narrow down. In my case, I used
affordability/the funding they offered me.
You can make some deep findings about the school.
What really interests you about them?
What made it stand out?
In summary, you have to develop your own story and not express yourself using online format you saw on different sites.
They help though as you can blend them.
All the best man.

Thank you very much sir, all noted sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by cabayes: 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2016
khulthum:
No I wasn't refered....Why did u ask dis pls...are u presently in the same sch or applied there

No. I'm in the north looking to relocate to a school in the south
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 5:46pm On Oct 06, 2016
MECHANICALENG:

Thank you very much sir, all noted sir

They want to hear your thoughts in a normal speaking way.
If they feel that you are using a prepared speech that you have practised in front of a mirror.
They will slap you down hard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.