Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672951 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MECHANICALENG: 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2016
worry359:

They want to hear your thoughts in a normal speaking way.
If they feel that you are using a prepared speech that you have practised in front of a mirror.
They will slap you down hard.
Thank you very much for that tips..
Noted sir..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2016
OGreene:
Good morning,

The 2 schools i plan to apply to are Columbia University and Uni of California, Berkeley. Am i safe? I never any nairalander dat applied to des schools cry

I hope they are friendly with funding.
Brother, no, they are not safe. At all. Mama lagosismyhome don talk am finish. In fact, don't apply there. If you need us to confirm if those schools are good for you, then you're better off applying elsewhere. Because admissions at this stage is strictly competition. The prof wrote long proposals before he could get those research dollars, and you can be sure he's going to be double sure he's spending them on the BEST he can find. Unless a prof in those schools thinks he madly wants you to be in his lab, keep researching for schools, bro.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2016
OGreene:
Good morning,

The 2 schools i plan to apply to are Columbia University and Uni of California, Berkeley. Am i safe? I never any nairalander dat applied to des schools cry

I hope they are friendly with funding.
Oboy you get liver sha....
Just add safe schools so atlest you won't get your heart broken.....

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2016
MECHANICALENG:

Thank you very much for that tips..
Noted sir..

Say no to this and dont make it your first statement to sale your self to the v o,

Me: Despite the fact that it is affordable, has a small classes with faculty ratio of 11:1...

They have been warning visa applicant here to stop saying that to v o, from my own experience here, instead talk about research, how execellent is this programe in your school, or talk about the programe outcome, go back to the school official site and read about your course, you will get some fact about your programe

Success
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2016
tomisinobbm:

From my own little experience,
They hate to hear faculty ratio, its too generic.
Errm, if you say narrow down. In my case, I used
affordability/the funding they offered me.
You can make some deep findings about the school.
What really interests you about them?
What made it stand out?
In summary, you have to develop your own story and not express yourself using online format you saw on different sites.
They help though as you can blend them.
All the best man.

I told him about it to look for something better since it is a national poem/anthem the VO listen to everyday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 6:47pm On Oct 06, 2016
MsNas:

Send me a PM. I can help if the rate he/she is offering is reasonable enough.
Ms Nas tnx for the offer. He finnaly got an offer as suggested by Walspring.
Tnx a lot. cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MECHANICALENG: 7:06pm On Oct 06, 2016
Songitto:

Say no to this and dont make it your first statement to sale your self to the v o,

Me: Despite the fact that it is affordable, has a small classes with faculty ratio of 11:1...

They have been warning visa applicant here to stop saying that to v o, from my own experience here, instead talk about research, how execellent is this programe in your school, or talk about the programe outcome, go back to the school official site and read about your course, you will get some fact about your programe

Success

Thank you very much sir, God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MECHANICALENG: 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2016
Walspring:

I told him about it to look for something better since it is a national poem/anthem the VO listen to everyday

Yes sir, I already sent the correction sir.. Thank you sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by osahons9(m): 7:54pm On Oct 06, 2016
MECHANICALENG:
Good morning gurus in the house, please I need your help with reviewing my mock transcript be welcome to state faults as I am ready to take note and make corrections..thanks in anticipation

Me: Good morning sir/ mar!!

VO: can I have your documents? What are your study plans?

Me: I intend going to united state at Benjamin Franklin for the purpose of my undergraduate study in Mechanical engineering Technology, which would be taking the period of 48month and fetch me a bachelor degree after completion of my stay, I would afterword come back to Nigeria to establish and improve myself to create job for other unemployed youths.

VO: which school are you going to? And how many did you applied to?

Me: I am going to Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology and I applied into three schools namely; Benjamin Franklin, Troy university and California institute of technology.

VO: why did you choose BFIT of all school you applied to?

Me: Despite the fact that it is affordable, has a small classes with faculty ratio of 11:1, Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology is affiliated to engineering firms such as procter and gamble (P&G), that has its head quarters located at Boston to prepare student to become more competent technicians and benefits from more exposure and field experience from the industry which will in other words make me fits for my profession adequately.

VO: How do you come about the school?

Me: I used some academical search engine such as google.com,www. Engineeringschool.com and finally narrowed my search using USnews.com.

VO: What is this course going to do for you?

Me: This course is going equipt me such that I will be technically fit and competent due to the relative exposure and experience it offers, and hence would give me upper hand when I finally come back to Nigeria to improve and establish myself for economy improvements.

VO: Why this course ?

Me:Firstly right from my childhood I've always wanted to become a Mechanical engineer due to the love and passion I have for process behind machine and engineen creation, in the same vein Mechanical engineering being a very versatile course plays a major role in technological advancements in the 21st century with manufacturing process, job creation and transportation easeness.

VO: when did you finished your high school and what have you been doing since then?

ME: I finished high school in the year 2009, After high school, I decided to empower myself by joining steve Automobile Tech Industry, where I was trained in auto-mechanic repair for 36 months, after my training, I decided to add some more educational skills to what I've learned by enrolling for my National Diploma which I concluded in 2015 afterwhich I got a compulsory internship placement at Toyota company where I worked as auto repair .....

VO: did you right any test?

Me: yes I did and here is the score

VO: how long is the program?

ME: period of 48 months sir

VO: who is paying for your study and what does he do?

Me: My Eldest brother, he is a Mechanical engineer whom work at Obat oil and gas petroleum company and as an assistant Manager.

VO: why is he gonna pay for you and how much does he earn monthly?

Me: He is gonna pay for me because he has always been the one paying for my school bills from my secondary school till date since we lost our dad and also he presently got no other responsibility as he is currently single. I honestly don't know how much he earns as we hardly talk to that area but I can say he earns closely 2 million a monthly coupled with my late dads auto workshops he manages.

VO: here is your I-20 you gonna be needing it at the P.O.E...

Some good points here and there but this is too long and they can detect that you crammed it. You might open yourself up for more questioning.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by osahons9(m): 8:36pm On Oct 06, 2016
MECHANICALENG:
Good morning gurus in the house, please I need your help with reviewing my mock transcript be welcome to state faults as I am ready to take note and make corrections..thanks in anticipation

Me: Good morning sir/ mar!!

VO: can I have your documents? What are your study plans?

Me: Pursue my bacheclor's degree in Mechanical engineering technology at Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology and then return to Nigeria to set up an Auto servicing firm/plant.

VO: which school are you going to? And how many did you applied to?

Me: I am going to Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology and I applied into four schools; Benjamin Franklin, Troy university and California institute of technology, (add another school) .

VO: why did you choose BFIT of all school you applied to?

Me: I am a hands on guy and Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology offers a more practical approach especially in the areas of automotive and manufacturing. This will prepare me to become a more competent technician and I'll also benefit from more exposure and field experience from it's affiliates such procter and gamble (P&G); One of the best engineering firms in the US. It's also quite affordable. So it was a no brainer picking them.

VO: How do you come about the school?

Me: I catalogued a couple of schools based on my interest and preferred teaching approach using google.com, Engineeringschool.com and USnews.com. BFIT stood out because of it's affordability.

Tailor your story around your strengths. Look at the above, that's what I could do for now cos I am quite busy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 8:43pm On Oct 06, 2016
Pm me. Island or mainland is fine

[Qquote author=yusuftosho post=49968282]Chief I know. Pick up location? [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SilentPistol: 8:44pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hi guys, hope you all are doing great? I am.

Please guys, how can one gain free access to journals? I've tried a few alternatives, but all efforts have proven futile.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 8:45pm On Oct 06, 2016
Alright

happyday:

Brother, no, they are not safe. At all. Mama lagosismyhome don talk am finish. In fact, don't apply there. If you need us to confirm if those schools are good for you, then you're better off applying elsewhere. Because admissions at this stage is strictly competition. The prof wrote long proposals before he could get those research dollars, and you can be sure he's going to be double sure he's spending them on the BEST he can find. Unless a prof in those schools thinks he madly wants you to be in his lab, keep researching for schools, bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 8:47pm On Oct 06, 2016
Alright. Thanks much.
By safe i think dt shud mean lower ranking school

electronic:

Oboy you get liver sha....
Just add safe schools so atlest you won't get your heart broken.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by osahons9(m): 8:47pm On Oct 06, 2016
SilentPistol:

Please guys, how can one gain free access to journals? I've tried a few alternatives, but all efforts have proven futile.

Are you in the USA? If yes, go to your school library and search for those journals from their computers...voolaa!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by osahons9(m): 9:01pm On Oct 06, 2016
OGreene:
Alright. Thanks much.
By safe i think dt shud mean lower ranking school

You and low ranked schools. There are ivy leagues and there are others. Choose from the others sir. Preferably between 30th to 80th according to US News ranking
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Observant: 9:10pm On Oct 06, 2016
Anyone flying Qatar to Boston over next weekend should buzz me.
Peace to the house,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MECHANICALENG: 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2016
osahons9:

Tailor your story around your strengths. Look at the above, that's what I could do for now cos I am quite busy.

Thank you very much sir, may God bless you abundantly in Jesus name..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fortissimo502: 10:12pm On Oct 06, 2016
SilentPistol:

Are you trying to access them using your school's internet connection?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 10:15pm On Oct 06, 2016
MECHANICALENG:

Thank you very much sir, God bless

Lets give thanks to God, in walspring voice grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by osahons9(m): 10:20pm On Oct 06, 2016
MECHANICALENG:

Thank you very much sir, may God bless you abundantly in Jesus name..

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 10:23pm On Oct 06, 2016
register on researchgate with your officaial email and you can request for the journal directly from the authors.
SilentPistol:

Fortissimo502:

You can get access to some journals using your school internet too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 10:26pm On Oct 06, 2016
You guys going for Visa interview should be careful. Don't cram please.
Just read the pages of this great thread, read previous transcripts and you would be fine.
If you did everything yourself and you know why you are going to school, I see no reason why you should panic except if you are running away grin.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ipledge01: 10:44pm On Oct 06, 2016
Fortissimo502:

Boss I pmed you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:28pm On Oct 06, 2016
MECHANICALENG:

Yes sir, I already sent the correction sir.. Thank you sir

Okay but i didn't see it.

Try and resend it again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:29pm On Oct 06, 2016
Songitto:

You get mouth!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:29pm On Oct 06, 2016
osahons9:

You are mouthed

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 11:30pm On Oct 06, 2016
UCB is not an ivy. Am only trying to be sure of what they are saying. By 'lower' i meant going down the ranking of schools. That same thing u mentioned

osahons9:

You and low ranked schools. There are ivy leagues and there are others. Choose from the others sir. Preferably between 30th to 80th according to US News ranking
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:31pm On Oct 06, 2016
kenniez26:
Ok.thanks walspring and lagosismyhome.I got a new bar code by following this process.I selected a location for the visa , I enter the code ,then I clicked on retrieve an application after that I entered my former application id and clicked on retrieve application after which I entered my security questions and clicked retrieve application again.this message pop up
The Ds-160 application you are attempting to retrieve has been submitted.select an option below and click continue.
1. View confirmation page
2. Create a new application.
I choose create a new application and clicked on continue.
So I was able to see my former data and made the necessary corrections while I input one or two data that is missing. After submission I got a new bar code.thanks walspring and Lagosismyhome

I think this is what the guy was talking about then...

It makes more sense now!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fortissimo502: 12:47am On Oct 07, 2016
ipledge01:

Boss I pmed you.

Ok will check.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:08am On Oct 07, 2016
OGreene:
Sorry oooo. Na GRE

Okay boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by olads56(m): 1:18am On Oct 07, 2016
sureb0y:
Okay, sleep hasn't come... I'll just write something new. I always say: stay away from pessimistic people, you may not know how strong this advice is, trust me... It's the best thing you could do if you want progress in your life. There is a difference between being pessimistic and being critical. If you have a friend who sees an error in what you're doing or about to do and constructively criticizes you, suggests a better way to go about it, without trying to put you down and make you feel like a bad person, that's fantastic. If the only thing the person does is to see the bad in everything and doesn't even tell you how to do good... be VERY CAREFUL.

I have a friend. The most pessimistic person I know in this life. I graduated with a 2.1, he had 2.2. He kept saying life is cruel cos final result doesn't mean anything, How can someone who's less brilliant that he is have 2.1 and he, 2.2. I got a job and got my apartment, got my car... again, he was so bitter, kept saying crap about how everything must have worked through nepotism. Whenever I met a beautiful girl, he would complain... what are the girls seeing in you? It's because of your car... bla bla bla, If not for your car, no girl's going to look at you cos you're too skinny. Now I'm working out in the gym, the guy keeps being negative (It's easy to build muscles abroad, anybody can get it; he said)

I get admission for yankee, the only thing he kept saying: Admission no mean anything, anybody can get it, Na visa be the koko. I get visa, again the only thing he said was... American visa kuku easy to get, people dey get am anyhow, their questions are easy to answer. Visa no mean anything. Dem fit still bounce you for POE, make you no dey happy. I told him I was trying to cut costs so I'd be flying Royal Air Maroc, you won't believe the only thing the guy was telling me for 2 days straight was how the plane could crash, how Islamic terrorists could attack us in Morocco, etc. After I cross POE, all he could think of was... I just hope you're able to pay your school fees and survive. The guy sees nothing good in all I've done so far. The only thing he talks about now... earthquake, shooting, Trump. Dude was asking me how I'll cope with Trump as president. Me wey I be legal student lol.

I won't be surprised if the guy is secretly waiting for something bad so that he can be right for once about all his predictions and wishes. God no go let anything bad happen to me. I still talk to him sha because I've known him for over 9 years, plus... I'm kinda strong mentally. Moreover, I think I can help the guy. I don't even know why I'm writing this epistle, I just think it's cool to share. Stay away from people who won't see anything good in what you're doing. Those ones that'll be secretly waiting for failure. This isn't an attack on anyone o, I just want to post what's on my mind. I never saw it anywhere that life's going to be 100% smooth and easy. May God help all of us. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Be careful though, it's a very small world. Some people you call boss, boss and tell everything about your life, share secrets with are only so nice until you start to excel more than them. If you hear stories about how jealous Naija people dey fccuukk themselves up abroad, omo... you go smart up.

If you read this whole thing till the end... omo, you try o. loooooooool. Sorry for wasting your time with my nonsense cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bro true yarn... Better you just get true heart and good feelings, everything will fall in place for you no matter wishy washy. Enjoy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.