Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (675863 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by awe2015(f): 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2016
Send money to Naija through BoxyPay at N400 per $1.
Link: www.boxypay.com/ref/5991
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ugosshhh: 8:00pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hello House,

Please help a brother. What is the best response to give when asked by the VO that why will your uncle be willing to sponsor you this much for your master's?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2016
awe2015:
had to run a quick safety check lol grin cool

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 8:03pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hello,

I got an email from my preferred/proposed supervisor saying; would you please give me a call some time in the following couple days? Then, I agreed we should talk tomorrow say 9:30am GMT (-6).

Please, what should I expect? Looking forward to seeing a response from you all.

cc @Lagosismyhome @happyday @Walspring and other gurus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2016
Ajibade105:
Hello,

I got an email from my preferred/proposed supervisor saying; would you please give me a call some time in the following couple days? Then, I agreed we should talk tomorrow say 9:30am GMT (-6).

Please, what should I expect? Looking forward to seeing a response from you all.

Send me a pm...and i forward what i advice someone else. That will save me from typing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2016
grin grin grin grin Make money no enter voicemail
amanze15:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:27pm On Oct 12, 2016
ugosshhh:
Hello House,

Please help a brother. What is the best response to give when asked by the VO that why will your uncle be willing to sponsor you this much for your master's?

Thanks

Only u can answer this.... so over to you , why is your uncle sponsoring you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hello,

Please anyone to kindly send me Toefl and Gre preparation materials.
dexcmd@gmail.com

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 8:33pm On Oct 12, 2016
Does anybody notice how this page number perfectly matches my moniker? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 8:34pm On Oct 12, 2016
Thanks big sis. Check your email.
LagosismyHome:

Send me a pm...and i forward what i advice someone else. That will save me from typing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 9:25pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hello. I have some questions

I have the 3 schools i want to apply to...but yet to write GRE first week of December. Should I apply to the schools now and the exam score is sent to them later?

Or should I wait till December to write the exam and submit my applications that week?

Will December be late seeing that am hoping to get food funding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 9:45pm On Oct 12, 2016
OGreene:

I have the 3 schools i want to apply to...but yet to write GRE first week of December. Should I apply to the schools now and the exam score is sent to them later?

Or should I wait till December to write the exam and submit my applications that week?

Hey!
When is your department's priority deadline?
I think you should look at that. In addition, if you turn in your application right now, your file would be incomplete until you submit your test score. So I'd advice you to start your application but don't submit till you wrote GRE, this would give your refs enough time.
Also, apply well ahead of the deadline. During my application, a prof told me I applied late because they do rolling admission (though I applied like a month to deadline).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 10:23pm On Oct 12, 2016
OGreene:

Since your GRE is in December, I advise that you just chill till you write the exam. Also you could use this opportunity to finish up on your SOP and LORs (yet to do mine self). Do some research on your schools and know their funding pattern. Some schools don't issue funding till after the deadline, while others have a rolling or first come first serve approach.
Then get other schools that are really safe with decent funding chances just in case your GRE is score is not what you expected (God forbid).
Now just mail profs in your research niche and ask them nicely in a really brief mail if they ate accepting students. Also mail the graduate corotdinator of those schools and make queries on funding.
I have mailed like 30 Profs with little response but I am not giving up. cool

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:36pm On Oct 12, 2016
meekbishop:

My ordeal: Please, i was in the States in 2013,but came back to Nigeria to round up my bsc which i left to travel out,however i couldn't finalize it because of the ASUU strike,and during that National course,i was robbed of my wallet containing my id cards and my green card,which i kept searching for and went as far as reporting to the nearest police station,yet it wasn't found until sometime 2014. So,i went back to the embassy and reported my plight,and they told me that i can't go back,that under their law,that i shouldn't be outside the states for more than 12months,and i was turned down.
Please,whats the possible means of going back to the states? Meanwhile,a friend told me that i can apply for students visa,but i don't know how i will go about that..thanks

cc

Lagosniv
Abujaniv

you can also go to this thread and ask the question

https://www.nairaland.com/2669622/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:37pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hushee:

The place is mainly for registration, tutorial and admission counseling. I also registered for TOEFL with them.

I thought as much and that was why i asked him to clarify it

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:37pm On Oct 12, 2016
kidman96:

Thanks. That was why I posted my number here 3 times so that you could send me a whatsapp message. I never wanted you to post ur number here.

Let's give the thanks to God..

I haven't see your reply via pm since oooo
Songitto:

Yes they have been so good to everyone here... I pray for God goodness in their endeavors for taken their time to helps people

Amen oooooooooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
OGreene:
Very nice someborri, he is. Walspring wink

You are mouthed!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
SCHOOLBUOY:
I wonder too only God can reward pray God's grace never seize for them....ijn

Amin ooooooooooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:40pm On Oct 12, 2016
Christian129:
This pastor Walspring and Aunty LagosismyZanga ehn, na only God fit reward them. Sometimes, I wonder how they manage to strike the balance of their busy schedule and this. Prof Oludare01 sef haff join gang. I just pray I'd be able to lend a hand too when I finally cross borders and begin grad school in January (by God's grace) Amen.

Amen and you too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
OGreene:
My dear, you are doing well. You hv been sooooo helpful and patient with people here. I must commend that. Hardly do u ignore or bash ppl.

Thanks big boss grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
sirRiddy:
Oga Wale, how you dey?
Still helping people as always smiley
Thumbs up to you, brother.

I dey gentle and doing good and great..

How that side big boss?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:43pm On Oct 12, 2016
ugosshhh:
Hello House,

Thanks

Am sure you know why he wanted to sponsor you and spend that much on you for Msc and if you read part 7, 8 and 9 you will get clue to your own answer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
Ajibade105:
Hello,

Congrats and be calm and vibrant when talking to your supervisor, but know about the research work you want to do and read the supervisor profile to know about his research focus and work..

I hope this help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:45pm On Oct 12, 2016
Christian129:
Does anybody notice how this page number perfectly matches my moniker? grin

Just noticed it... Won't you celebrate it for us on this thread
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
sobastical:
grin grin grin grin Make money no enter voicemail

Lol... grin grin grin grin

Nah for money to talk if e enter vioce mail say, try again later.. grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
awe2015:

This is nice and let's hope before month ending it wont come up ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:48pm On Oct 12, 2016
amanze15:

DSS of FBI quick check grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:50pm On Oct 12, 2016
Dexcmd:
Hello,

Please anyone to kindly send me Toefl and Gre preparation materials.
dexcmd@gmail.com

Thanks in anticipation.

Materials sent!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:50pm On Oct 12, 2016
OGreene:

Try and check the schools you want to apply for their application deadline and that will help you to know what to do first

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:52pm On Oct 12, 2016
Songitto:

Alright bro

Good..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:57pm On Oct 12, 2016
djcrown:

Please guys I need your help here

You can also get help by reading through previous parts and their pages

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.