Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672240 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
Walspring:

4 years college is not a community college at all.

Scholarship can be awarded to student and yet you still need bank statement even you have full ride scholarship during visa interview
Thanks for your reply,I really appreciate it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 21, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Agreed but bank statement are rarely asked during interview and if asked at all what you need to show is an amount less of the scholarship amount written on your i20. The need based scholarships amount should be on your i20. If for example your school fees is 20k & living expenses 5k and ur i20 has a scholarship of 20k then ur bank statement can be for only the rest 5k . However they rarely ask about bank statement as i have seen the VO mention this on NL...

If i were you i would not worry too much about bank statement. ..more focus on how you can answer the questions well about yourself and career path...even though thisis need based how was ur sat/toefl?...hope ok or high

Also who is sponsoring you. You have partly the school and then the amount needed outside the school then you say who be responsible for that part even if its just ticket or pocket money that you need or is left ........for example i have a scholarship of xx amount and the rest will be sponsored by my dad . He does yy .

Cc Chem101
Actually I'm just planning on applying to the schools, but the schools i found during my research are mostly colleges(4 years degree) that's why i asked the difference between a college and a community college(which i now understand). Also the sponsorship question is now very clear to me. Thanks for your help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2016
adeyinka09:

Good job bro, plz can u kindly send the TOEFL material to adeyinka1919@gmail.com. Thanks and God bless

Let's give ghe thanks to God and God bless you too..

Message sent!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2016
dickoflife:
no sir.... from the back of the congregation is always good.

Hmnmmmmm

Well that's your own opinion
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
Chem101:
Actually I'm just planning on applying to the schools, but the schools i found during my research are mostly colleges(4 years degree) that's why i asked the difference between a college and a community college(which i now understand). Also the sponsorship question is now very clear to me. Thanks for your help

Cool.. In the US " college " is a common term for undergraduate education...so even when in Universities students will say i am in college .. but the difference is the actual Community Colleges offer only 2 years program called associate degree. ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Cool.. In the US " college " is a common term for undergraduate education...so even when in Universities students will say i am in college .. but the difference is the actual Community Colleges offer only 2 years program called associate degree. ...so if the degree offered is a BSC then it is not a community college

It's the exact opposite in the UK everything now calls itself a University. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
LagosismyHome:

No snatching thing here grin as i know say na JOKE ...... THat is not my purpose here or my mission . NL is faceless so very few only the first people know my real name and i have long stop giving out my number self. .

Hmmmmm..

People like we/us and dem dem gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Cool.. In the US " college " is a common term for undergraduate education...so even when in Universities students will say i am in college .. but the difference is the actual Community Colleges offer only 2 years program called associate degree. ...
Thanks ma.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:25pm On Aug 21, 2016
LagosismyHome:

If that is the case then good.... but the advice i will give u will cost money however it might bring better result

Take the SAT , read very well for it , Apply to a UNI not a CC, practise well and then try again for visa

Majority of those who refused to write a test is because they dont want to spend money on test and they took risk with the faith..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2016
titobaba91:
am about to start my masters application;funny enough it's the same course. please can you advise on the exam I should take, GMAT, GRE or TOEFL?

It depend on your course and the requirements listed there by your school

You can only swap Toefl for ielts or ielts for Toefl

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Dominic147(m): 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
Good day house, pls I really nid u guys help here.. Am about to finish my NYSC and planning doing my master's degree in the US.. I am a graduate of chemical engineering from a university and I graduated with a second class lower division and I will like to know the universities in which I can apply to with my grade and how to go about it.. God bless you as u reply.. Thanks y'all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 3:50pm On Aug 21, 2016
Walspring:

Hmnmmmmm

Well that's your own opinion
u like sitting in front in church?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 3:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
Walspring:

Hmmmmm..

People like we/us and dem dem gringringrin
so u k ow her name and u dont kniw mine abi.. continue...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fizzile(m): 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2016
Helkayklassic:

Do you mean Sureb0y?
lolzzzzz yeah sureb0y. Thanks for that correction helkayklassic
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
Dominic147:
Good day house, pls I really nid u guys help here.. Am about to finish my NYSC and planning doing my master's degree in the US.. I am a graduate of chemical engineering from a university and I graduated with a second class lower division and I will like to know the universities in which I can apply to with my grade and how to go about it.. God bless you as u reply.. Thanks y'all
http://www.university-list.net/us/rank/univ-1039.htm?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=whatsapp&utm_source=mobile
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Akobundu1: 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2016
Thanks for the advice...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by alexandersherif: 5:44pm On Aug 21, 2016
adup:

Ole(thief) u want to snatche her from her fiance or her husband @lagosismyhome pls dnt mind Dat guy oooo, He has already have 3wives at home lol

@adup watin b ya own......na four God talk now and I still dey three.....wan make lagosismyhome d fourth one......@lagosismyhome am capable no mind him

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 5:52pm On Aug 21, 2016
So Texrem don finally leave this forum grin? , Edakun where is sureboy? to come and ginger us, anyway my shout out to oga walspring , lagosismyhome, dickoflife and others, you people are so good.. , well I still have something to ask you guys... I will ask when I reach the level

God bless each and everyone of us in this forum

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fizzile(m): 6:35pm On Aug 21, 2016
Songitto:
So Texrem don finally leave this forum grin? , Edakun where is sureboy? to come and ginger us, anyway my shout out to oga walspring , lagosismyhome, dickoflife and others, you people are so good.. , well I still have something to ask you guys... I will ask when I reach the level

E be like sureb0y don finally catch one babe there,lolzzzzz..him don forget us this way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
fizzile:
E be like sureb0y don finally catch one babe there,lolzzzzz..him don forget us this way.

Wish you success Oga, testimony will definitely follow suit.

+ Texrem ..classes don commence be that. I guess Sureboy is still repackaging latest writeup. Dickoflife go dey church right now. ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2016
fizzile:

I think so bro, cos we no see him break light... May be that lady has finally take over... Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 7:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
OJCITY22:

+ Texrem ..classes don commence be that. I guess Sureboy is still repackaging latest writeup. Dickoflife go dey church right now. ..

Amen, thank you and God bless you bro..... we care about them just checking on them.... Hopping to hear from them soon, .. Success in their career

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 7:11pm On Aug 21, 2016
We are always here to help.
Songitto:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 7:12pm On Aug 21, 2016
OJCITY22:

no church bro.. i never see cele for here.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fizzile(m): 7:44pm On Aug 21, 2016
dickoflife:
You fit open one there..come turn general overseer. Cele Ministry USA branch..lolzzz.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2016
fizzile:
You fit open one there..come turn general overseer. Cele Ministry USA branch..lolzzz.
hmn.. beeni padi mi.. emi ti nlo e....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
dickoflife:

Ohk! Awon ti Michael mimo niyen.. You fit try cherubim&Seraphim na..I. Sure say that one too go dey there....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by borie4u(m): 8:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
anyone in Washington University in St.Louis, Missouri. I mean any Nigerian Student. Want a review on that school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fizzile(m): 8:53pm On Aug 21, 2016
dickoflife:
hmn.. beeni padi mi.. emi ti nlo e....
ERrrooorrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sunnypastic(m): 11:10pm On Aug 21, 2016
MsNas:
I'd like to chip in something here though,

Getting a degree in IT does not automatically hand you a job or does not make your job search easier. You still have to work twice as hard or even triple harder than an American to land a gig because your international student and OPT status will be a huge stumbling block. Some emoloyers don't want to hear OPT EAD. Resilience, Luck, Location also plays a huge role in that as well. Like I tell people, I applied to more than a 100 jobs and I have even lost count of the number of interviews I've had. No joke! And I also started my application way early before I graduated.

Again, getting a degree in IT is no free ticket to a job (Many of my my classmates who are international students like me are jobless). Make sure you're well versed in the course, take certification courses in IT, try to get an American work experience even if the pay and the conditions are crappy, move to a state that has more IT opportunities and most of all, tailor your resume all the time to fit the job requirements of the job you're applying to (don't submit the same generic resume over and over again, tailor it to suit what skills the job you're applying to requires) and like I said before, try to get that American work experience even if the pay is crappy. And lest I forget, ditch that crappy Nigerian "CV" that has horrible formatting and unnecessary information like Date of Birth, Sex, Local Government Area, Marital Status, Religion and all that crap. Trust me, I have seen tons of Nigerians here trying to get a job with that kind of resume and I just cringe internally.

A lot of recruiters like seeing an American work experience on your resume. It opens doors for more opportunities. My first job right out of college was not the ideal one I wanted. But I took it cos I needed the experience on my resume. I got my dream job with all the peeks you can ever think of 6 months later. God help us all.

Boss I will be happy for a copy of a typical America CV inbox me on suturecee4life@yahoo.com
THANKS

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by halidaf: 11:11pm On Aug 21, 2016
E dakun where is my guy fortismo You Don see as Usa they be for body yeah?lol I hope you're good man. @lagosismyhome how do you manage to keep up on here? I salute you oo.. You're in what state anyway? @Don4ye my guy welcome on board @dicko softly match ground Bobo.. @oludare I hope you holding up very well.. @sureboy thread celebrity haha keep gingering our newbies lol je kan mo.. To the newbies out there.. It's much better down here but trust me every beautiful thing down here comes with a price, you need to plan very well before getting to the USA.. Relate very with guys on here of course you don't expect them to post everything on here but trust me from their post you can sense who will be able to give answers to some questions you don't feel comfortable asking on here.. I'm not saying you should start asking them "Rabbish"(like warriboy will say).. But be smart, plan properly, don't come and turn to nuisance down here cause nobody will even look at you oo, everybody with their own problem.. Be smart! I'll keep repeating this, BE SMART! And please why girls now dey send me mail? Please be free to ask me questions oo.. In short free application fee for the first Sisi to contact me and to the ones that already have their visa I fit give you place to put your head for one week free.. What else do you ladies want oo Ehn?? And to my guys out there you sha know to be a man is not easy?? E Kara mo ishe lol but be smart

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
dickoflife:
u like sitting in front in church?

For sure..

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.