Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672326 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 4:07am On Aug 21, 2016
tomisinobbm:
Lol. He has roughly 17 days to refire.
A pal used about 14 days to book an appointment, get his visa and travel.
If he feels he's right let me try.
My opinion sha.

Did you read my post very well at all or you just feel like jumping into what I said? I replied him because he doesn't even know where another visa fee is coming from and time is going. Secondly, he's been denied twice recently on the ground that he carried cc to the embassy and you're here telling me he still has 17 days to refire and get denied again. Question is what has changed in his application after the last interview? Lastly, I don't hold anyone from trying, after all he's not a baby and I don't know him from anywhere.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Llexnet: 5:01am On Aug 21, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Not writing exams might give you admission but might become a problem during VISA (so u will be back to square 1 after your hope has been raised) ...... So its best to find time and write the exams . That way it would even open up more school options for you and depending can also open up GA opportunities.

Thanks Lagosismyhome, Sounds like the chances of getting a Visa without GMAT/GRE is 0% and the VISA is actually the main thin. is there a way you can give me more advise outside this media, like e-mail or so? I really need to start hands on training on cybersecurity next yr Jan.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fizzile(m): 6:05am On Aug 21, 2016
Sureb0y nothing for us?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mrsmith11(m): 6:12am On Aug 21, 2016
LagosismyHome:

I dont know much about the process for short courses. ..However the bold is for you alone. Abeg dont go mentioning it up and down. BSC is BSC and leave the explanation as before the bold

I guess its how u can demonstrate why they should give you visa for an 8weeks course. If u can explain your career goals in a clear manner i guess so. ...and then connect that to computer science because u might be asked why the career switch but all in all ........ I really dont know anything about the process of short courses visa

The process is the same just as any other student like undergrad or post grad. process

The answer to *what will you do after this training/course*?

*Purpose for the course:

VOLUNTARY SERVICE with NEMA or EDO state hospital ambulance service where we have few or No EMT/Paramedic personnel.

Also to promote the idea to my state government to introduce paramedic courses to the state university or set up paramedic training institute* (though I will elaborate on the benefit of paramedic to Nigeria society why it should be introduce in nigeria)

I'm asking if this reason is strong in your opinion

Secondly; will you advice I retake the toefl to score high

Thanks

*Note: some university offers the program in a 15 weeks duration like USFCA (University of San Francisco california)

Cc : walspring
Cc: imperiouxx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Daodudavid(m): 6:54am On Aug 21, 2016
Good morning great people happy Sunday wish you all the best in JESUS NAME.. AMEN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Helkayklassic(m): 6:55am On Aug 21, 2016
fizzile:
Soulb0y nothing for us?
Do you mean Sureb0y?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Akobundu1: 6:55am On Aug 21, 2016
Visa is one thing financial support is another and is so vital. ....even if u get the visa how do you intend to support yourself in america.. it can be very tough ooo with less support system because the people there have their own bills they are dealing with. ..... just a food for thought

As for your profile you need to show what u have been doing since 2010 and how this associate enhances your career goal....but i have to remind you. We have said it many times here CC is difficult to convince a VO
What do you mean CC?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Akobundu1: 7:13am On Aug 21, 2016
Maybe you didnt get me well,I didnt say my sponsors dont have the money,I only said They got tiref from helping me,Which is natural after two attempts at the embassy..They jst wouldnt wanna hear about traveling anymore...But I am certain once I could get a visa and tender it to them,The light is rekindled...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by masquellett(m): 7:26am On Aug 21, 2016
Helkayklassic:

God bless you always ma. I am curious how you know almost all the cities in the US so well, even Lagos alone that i have been staying since i was given birth to, there are a lot of places i don't know.
Yes oo! BTW, are you heading to NJ too?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:27am On Aug 21, 2016
Llexnet:

Thanks Lagosismyhome, Sounds like the chances of getting a Visa without GMAT/GRE is 0% and the VISA is actually the main thin. is there a way you can give me more advise outside this media, like e-mail or so? I really need to start hands on training on cybersecurity next yr Jan.

Nobody can make a 0% predictions.... the word i used is MIGHT ....... some people did not take a test and still got visa ... so its up to the VO on that day of interview and the voices in his or her head . Also in some cases the question of test score doesnt come up so 50/50 self if this question comes up

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 7:32am On Aug 21, 2016
alexandersherif:

@lagosismyhome infact your wing is everywhere..... I salute oooo.....may God enlarge ya coast....... u have done so much in life of NL.....will u marry me if u r not married......lolz just kidding

Ole(thief) u want to snatche her from her fiance or her husband @lagosismyhome pls dnt mind Dat guy oooo, He has already have 3wives at home lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:34am On Aug 21, 2016
Akobundu1:

Hello house,I also chose an associate degree,....

Cc is Community College and it gives out associate degree
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:37am On Aug 21, 2016
adup:

Ole(thief) u want to snatche her from her fiance or her husband @lagosismyhome pls dnt mind Dat guy oooo, He has already have 3wives at home lol

No snatching thing here grin as i know say na JOKE ...... THat is not my purpose here or my mission . NL is faceless so very few only the first people know my real name and i have long stop giving out my number self. .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by don4ye: 7:48am On Aug 21, 2016
In Akon's voice.... From Nigeria west Africa to New york city. Thanks to God for giving my path His glory.

Poe interview..

Me: good afternoon
Cbp: e no answer
Me: obatan

Cbp: why are you here?
Me: to pursue my master degree in global development and peace at university of bridgeport connecticut.

Cbp: who is paying for this? You parent right?
Me: oh yes officer.

Cbp: what does your mother do?
Me: she is a successful achitec.. She owns a company into sales of building materials, she supply Lagos and Oyo state government.

Cbp: what does your father do?
Me: ( kilode na..) he is a successful farmer.. He supply lagos state and oyo state government too

Cbp: i like the word successful
Me: kilokan me..

Cbp: do you have anytin to declare?
Me : yes of course, i have my dried bean, dried fish, dried crayfish, grand pepppe ( ata gun gun) , grand mellon ( egusi) ,

Cbp: oooo
Can you place your four fingers on the scanner pls
Me : ok

Cbp: look at the camera.
Welcome to america.

I left.. I was about to get to exit spot, he ran after me and said hey come.. I said me!!!
Other cbp officer hey!!! Where are you going .. Go back go back.. The officer i called him..

Another conversation

Cbp: can you pls give me your I 20 i want to confirm something.
Me: here is it

Cbp. Oh good. You are good man..

Me.. Na zo i left...

Boston Poe.. I later connect to jfk..

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Kashamadupe: 8:17am On Aug 21, 2016
don4ye:
In Akon's voice.... From Nigeria west Africa to New york city. Thanks to God for giving my path His glory.

Poe interview..

Me: to pursue my master degree in global development and peace at university of bridgeport connecticut.

Me: she is a successful achitec.. She owns a company into sales of building materials, she supply Lagos and Oyo state government.

Me: ( kilode na..) he is a successful farmer.. He supply lagos state and oyo state government too

Me : yes of course, i have my dried bean, dried fish, dried crayfish, grand pepppe ( ata gun gun) , grand mellon ( egusi) ,

Welcome to america.

I left.. I was about to get to exit spot, he ran after me and said hey come.. I said me!!!
Other cbp officer hey!!! Where are you going .. Go back go back.. The officer i called him..

Another conversation

Me.. Na zo i left...

contract which state is Boston ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by don4ye: 8:21am On Aug 21, 2016
Kashamadupe:
contract which state is Boston ?

Massachusetts
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:22am On Aug 21, 2016
Akobundu1:

Maybe you didnt get me well,I didnt say my sponsors dont have the money,I only said They got tiref from helping me,Which is natural after two attempts at the embassy..They jst wouldnt wanna hear about traveling anymore...But I am certain once I could get a visa and tender it to them,The light is rekindled...

If that is the case then good.... but the advice i will give u will cost money however it might bring better result

Take the SAT , read very well for it , Apply to a UNI not a CC, practise well and then try again for visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by titobaba91(m): 8:34am On Aug 21, 2016
don4ye:

Poe interview..

Welcome to america.

Another conversation

Me.. Na zo i left...

am about to start my masters application;funny enough it's the same course. please can you advise on the exam I should take, GMAT, GRE or TOEFL?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ARABMONI(m): 8:35am On Aug 21, 2016
Warm greetings to all in the house, Please how can I get to Chicago-Union Station from the airport... going to Michigan... All useful response ll be appreciated. Thanks in anticipation...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 8:36am On Aug 21, 2016
titobaba91:
am about to start my masters application;funny enough it's the same course. please can you advise on the exam I should take, GMAT, GRE or TOEFL?

Ask you school for FACTS.
Here you can only get peoples guesses.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by titobaba91(m): 8:38am On Aug 21, 2016
worry359:

thanks well you are in a better position to give me advise. so what exam did you write?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lionlee216(m): 8:49am On Aug 21, 2016
worry359:

Is it not a known fact that u need to write IELTS/TOEFL or GRE/GMAT even if not for school purpose but for embassy purpose.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:54am On Aug 21, 2016
ARABMONI:
Warm greetings to all in the house, Please how can I get to Chicago-Union Station from the airport... going to Michigan... All useful response ll be appreciated. Thanks in anticipation...

Source : Gunther6 transcript
I took an ATS (airport transit shuttle) to Terminal 1 walked like 15 mins to the CTA (chicago Transit Authority) train for $5 to the Union station from where I trekked to the greyhound station.

If that is not detailed enough for you see below the full direction...copy the whole url address and open
http://www.mrl.ucsb.edu/~yopopov/directions/ord-us.html
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 8:56am On Aug 21, 2016
lionlee216:

Is it not a known fact that u need to write IELTS/TOEFL or GRE/GMAT even if not for school purpose but for embassy purpose.?

Yes some VO like to see that as evidence that you are serious about study.
Also a letter of admission from your school stating that they waive the requirement for TOEFL etc. will work.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by don4ye: 9:21am On Aug 21, 2016
titobaba91:

I wrote Ielts cos of embassy purpose.. D program did not require any test.. But you can write one for scholarship purpose .. The csnt give you pass 6k$ ..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ARABMONI(m): 9:37am On Aug 21, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Source : Gunther6 transcript
I took an ATS (airport transit shuttle) to Terminal 1 walked like 15 mins to the CTA (chicago Transit Authority) train for $5 to the Union station from where I trekked to the greyhound station.

If that is not detailed enough for you see below the full direction...copy the whole url address and open
http://www.mrl.ucsb.edu/~yopopov/directions/ord-us.html
I appreciate this... Thank you ma'am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Helkayklassic(m): 9:42am On Aug 21, 2016
masquellett:
Yes oo! BTW, are you heading to NJ too?
No.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Alhajipablo(m): 10:05am On Aug 21, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Yea, this is correct.

You can expect a GPA of about 3.20/4.0 after conversion.

Our GPA and that of the US seem to converge at 3.0. Once your GPA on our scale is above 3.0, you should be fine in terms of GP and admission requirements.
so what will a 3.0 out of 5.0 G.p be?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Kashamadupe: 10:36am On Aug 21, 2016
don4ye:

Massachusetts
okay sound good I guess there Poe is very streat not like New York poe that is very easy for student
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
imperiouxx:

Did you read my post very well at all or you just feel like jumping into what I said? I replied him because he doesn't even know where another visa fee is coming from and time is going. Secondly, he's been denied twice recently on the ground that he carried cc to the embassy and you're here telling me he still has 17 days to refire and get denied again. Question is what has changed in his application after the last interview? Lastly, I don't hold anyone from trying, after all he's not a baby and I don't know him from anywhere.

Apologies for "jumping into what you said".
Sorry about that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.