Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (671373 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by warriboy21(m): 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2016
amanze15:
pass inside, e go work

Oh I c.....na fr d pump machine d error de.

Thks baba
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Piuorji: 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2016
AgreatMan:

This one na indictment on some power brokers here. But I beleive they mean well to a larger extent n "overly dogmatic" (if i can use that) in some other instances. It gets to point where u know so much n know so little. I really don't like rules tho, more like an entrapment of d mind that u can always get ur way around. Daz y lawyers r rich (except, of course, in my country), they live by d rules but don't believe in d damn rules cos dey can get around it.

It's just a matter of belief, everybody is correct.

Rubbish . Human-beingssss na our way to Condemn , yet the ones who are the least helpful . Who SurebOy don epp Yet the quickest to condemn and share out indictment ... sad sad

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mevisbleek: 5:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
@Sure boy, nice write-up. smiley

At the end, it all boils down to prayer. For me, I don tire to dey analyze this life and I have also stopped advising people on their life choices because its so hard to understand this life.

When life happens, an engineer go find himself for call center
When life happens, a graduate of Masters in Medieval Weaponry go get gig for Hollywood making millions

Jehovah, guys study whatever you have a passion for an allow God do the rest. I no be spirikoko but this life don teach me enough things.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 25, 2016
mevisbleek:
@Sure boy

When life happens, an engineer go find himself for call center
When life happens, a graduate of Masters in Medieval Weaponry go get gig for Hollywood making millions

Jehovah, guys study whatever you have a passion for an allow God do the rest. I no be spirikoko but this life don teach me enough things.

Written like a wise man. That's exactly my point. Many people here because of the things they have read on the thread, send me PMs asking me if it makes sense to go to so and so school to study so and so course as if it gives any guarantees. Imagine a question like "I'm considering x course, do you think it falls under STEM?" the moment you say it doesn't, the person thinks about choosing another course. Now if the person doesn't get a STEM admission but ends up getting here with admission into a non-STEM department, he already sees himself with little chance of success with a very negative mindset. You get? I'm against this kind of linear and restrictive reasoning. Some will read this and think I'm against STEM courses and OPT system. I'm talking about something entirely different.

Different people with different situations. That's what my point is. Life isn't black or white.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 6:15pm On Aug 25, 2016
warriboy21:

Oh I c.....na fr d pump machine d error de.

Thks baba
depends sha, no be all those gas stations wey dey along country roads o lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 25, 2016
Piuorji:

Rubbish . Human-beingssss na our way to Condemn , yet the ones who are the least helpful . Who SurebOy don epp Yet the quickest to condemn and share out indictment ... sad sad

I'm replying this cos you mentioned me and I'm giving the benefit of doubt just in case you misunderstood all I have written so far. Read up the difference between destructive criticism and constructive criticism. I do not condemn anybody... I criticize to suggest a different way of making something better and I always say it that I could be wrong or right. Some close minded people who read that last long post will think I'm attacking particular people on here, shior. The bottom of that message is... No matter how much you know, always leave the door open to learn new things. When you shut your mind out to learn new things and you aggressively shoot everyone's opinion/experience down, you won't learn something new. For example, where I stay... I already have my house rent for next 3 months covered (Technically free) due to some paroles wey I run. I paid for just 1 month, I have the next 3 covered (It is not a pay 1, get 3 promo). Instead of saying lailai, impossible/or trying to prove you have experienced it to show you know better than me which will make me ultimately keep the knowledge to myself. Just ask me politely to tell you how I got it done. Would the world/thread not be a better place if we adopted this approach?

I'm the quickest to condemn and share out indictment. hahaha, na wa o. I repeat, if I say make I condemn anybody for here... e go turn battleground for egos. I have neither the time nor interest in such a thing. Who have I helped? It depends on your understanding of the word "help". I don't need anyone to come and thank me and feed my ego on the thread (again, this is not an attack on anyone). some people send me pms telling me to come here and post because they just want to read about anything new I have experienced. That's the only thing some people need and they'll agree that I have helped them. Some people just want to know how to pass and get into better ranked schools, they'll say my posts are useless to them and they're right! looooool.

Finally, While I am responsible for what I write and the meaning I hope a reader gets, I am definitely not responsible for what the reader reads and the interpretation they give to it. If you don't understand me, simply ask.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by KPhantom(m): 6:32pm On Aug 25, 2016
Abeg, which hand work or skills would u advice an intending student to learn here in Nigeria that can be very useful to make money while studying there?
cc wallspring, Lagosismyhome, imperiouxx et al...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mevisbleek: 6:45pm On Aug 25, 2016
KPhantom:
Abeg, which hand work or skills would u advice an intending student to learn here in Nigeria that can be very useful to make money while studying there?
cc wallspring, Lagosismyhome, imprriouxx et al...

Hi,

Awesome question. I might be crucified but trust me, small brain dey my suggestion (I am only suggesting I no dey advise, lol).

1) Go learn how to drive tanker or them big trucks
2) Plumbing
3) Welding- God fit help you, maybe you might get selected as one of the welders when and if the Keystone Pipeline projects gets approved. Lol

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:51pm On Aug 25, 2016
KPhantom:
cc wallspring, Lagosismyhome, imprriouxx et al...

While studying ..i dont really know except getting GA or some form of assistance or oncampus jobs... other forms of making money might be there but thats d way i know

After studying. ... so many options for this depending on your area of interest. IT Skills and healthcare for sure but then i dont know how uptodate the IT will be in Naija but i guess at least having d foundation wont be bad..outside of IT and health care so many , like for example if u were a female knowing how to make hair wont be bad because its expensive to braid hair ....or maybe even sewing. If u are in a high naija population city. U fit dey sew cloth for owanbe and if sown abroad labour is not cheap or taking pictures in owanbe party or even Dj or MC on d side ...but really depends on if u are in a high naija city

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 25, 2016
Walspring:

Okay and God will answer our prayers
Amen to that. Pastor, I greet U Sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 25, 2016
Dickoflife. Abeg , does GVSU ship I-20 free to international student or student will pay for it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lionlee216(m): 7:30pm On Aug 25, 2016
Deetus and lagosismyhome, email sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2016
Those sending me pms and messages
Sorry I've not been replying
I've been very busy.
I hope to sort out myself asap

I would always come back here to help out.
If you're applying for chemistry, you can send me pm.
May God make it easy for us all
Temi4fash,governoryomi, otubujohn et al.
I'll get back to you guys

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by NairaSea23: 7:50pm On Aug 25, 2016
My travel transcript and 1st one week experience

Against all odds, I started my journey on the 17th of Aug. from PHC to Gidi. It was safe and smooth. I sha cried the morning I left my family. It wasn’t easy. The emotional pain and breakdown, took away all the excitement that was supposed to be associated with my trip. I for change my mind oh… but when I remember the direction naija dey go, I sha move on. My int’l flight was scheduled for the following day 17:55hrs. So had a good night rest but woke up quite early to have a chat with my host. He was educating me on how to survive should things go astray. Me sha just listen because I know say God is in control. After our discussion, I hurriedly rush down to computer village to fix my phone that fell into water and stopped working. Unfortunately for me, that was on a Thursday and Computer Village won’t open till 10am. I sha say make I move around Ikeja till 10am. Around few minutes to 10, I enter the market to go give the guy that will fix the phone and gave him the fone. The guy promised to fix it in an hour but hold and behold I dey there till almost 3pm. To cut long story short, I almost missed my flight and I didn’t get the fone fixed. Due to my lateness, na so everybody from the police at the entrance to the last checkpoint where tickets where checked before boarding took advantage of my situation and siphoned almost 15k from me including few lower denomination dollar notes. It was an emirate flight, and the flight to dubai was great the ICE was superb. Got to dubai around 4am, had about 4hours lay over and proceed to board for our Boston flight. The plane to Boston was not as new as that to dubai from lagos. Though the later had Wi-fi on board. I paid one dollar to get connected. Na so I use facebook call and whatsapp call talked to all my loved ones over and over again. Some knew about the feature (wi-fi on plane), while some dey doubt say na lie. Me sha no get time to argue with them. Did video call to some to confirm it.

Fast forward to POE, nothing unusual other than the normal greeting and biometrics with few questions like what program are you going for, I told her. It was followed by what this program will do for you, told her am already working in that field back home, and acquiring American education will expedite my career growth on return to my country. She sha ask me again say since I dey work, why my uncle dey follow sponsor me? I tell her say it’s a family age long tradition for family members to help and assist other family members in pursuit of career goals and dreams. She sha keep quite. At this time another Nairalander (don4ye) was called back after his PoE interview. But luckily nothing much, he was cleared and we both proceed to claim our baggage and find our way to our various boarding gates. Me and Don4ye sha depart from there. But I met another Guy going to Michigan Tech. So we both took the same connecting flight to Chicago while don4ye proceed to JFK.
Meanwhile the screening for boston no me here oh… Omo the TSA guy almost naked me oh. May be na because of the beards I kept (I’ve since shaved them off). Him later free me sha. So at BOS int’l airport our flight to Chicago ORD was delayed while waiting na so all the plenty things way I eat for plane come start to react together oh and the product of the reaction is better I keep it out of this transcript, because the tin nearly raise alarm for the airport. The white guy sitting near me think say I carry ammonia gas for my bum bum. The guy nearly go report me oh… him sha just change seat. Luckily after a few minutes of delay, we were called to board. Flight was about 2hrs or so. It was cool and safe. Good on board entertainment with on-board Wi-Fi. But I seriously doubt if it was comfortable for the lady sitting beside me. If the plane windows were openable, the lady for open them. I release no be small…. lol

Meanwhile prior to now, I heard already booked another flight to MSP Minneapolis from chicago with Evil SPIRIT airlines. Please oh for those still coming, no near that airline oh if u carry load. I had 2 big boxes totalling 45Kg, carry on box weighing less than 8kg and my laptop. Could you believe that I paid X5 of what I paid for my ticket for the luggage? My ticket was $33, na wetin them use catch me. Because I booked online I was like its so cheap for an 1hr30mins flight. Guys The EVIL Spirirt airline charge me $50 for the first box, $62 for the second and $55 for the carry on. That’s not all oh. Their limit is 20kg par box, so they say I should still pay $50 for the extra 5kg for my 2 boxes. Na so I quickly transfer things to my carry on box and laptop bag. I even got this prices because I paid for my luggage online when I found out that I would’ve paid more if I’m to pay at the point of checking in. PLS IN THE NAME OF EVERYTHING GOOD, AVOID THAT AIRLINE FOR YOUR CONNECTING FLIGHT IF YOU CARRY LUGGAGE. They are good for light travellers. If I had known, I for just jejely go find bus entre, pay like $100 for everything. I nearly forgo the $33 paid for the flight for bus, but after considering my luggage ( To use cart sef na $5) and the stress of moving the luggage around, I decided to follow them.

Fast forward to my final destination, I called my contact, a Nigerian girl that graduated from the school but currently on OPT to pick me up. She did come pick me up and took me home. Na so we unbag all the plenty things I carry oh. I later left her with them and went to sleep. Slept for like 14hrs, was really really tired. The previous night at Chicago airport was not funny at all. Couldn’t sleep for more than 3hrs because of the cold (AC), I had to go outside the airport and had a short sleep by the street side. The next day the lady woke me up that we should go to Walmart to do my shopping, i reluctantly followed her there. With her help, I was able to go around town and do more shopping. Took me as far as 25miles for shopping try to help me get the best tins at the lowest prices. We got home a bit late, i made okro soup and she made chicken stew, we ate and talked plenty things about naija. Told her naija is something else this days. She said she’s trying to get her people over here to join her. But she didn’t really know how to go about it as she didn’t do hers by herself. I sha ask her to tell her people to join the US thread on nairaland and I will do my best to guide them in the little ways I can. After all that we watched movies and slept off.

The next day morning I went out to make breakfast, and she came out to join me. After greeting, she said she will like to have a brief word with me and I said ok. Quickly fixed my breakfast and went to join her in the sitting room. Omo na so the girl list out every expenses for the house oh ie Rent, water, energy, heat, cabletv and internet. Everything over $1400 and she said energy varies. I was like sisi sorry oh, you dey work, me come to school on a very tight budget. To be fair to you I promise to live with you before coming but u never told me of all this expenses and what you pay on rent. I sha tell her say my levels no fit cope with that bill say I have to find a cheaper place or she adjust the bill and take out some things like cable and internet (I no send them for now) I can use free school internet. Na so sisi para oh… say if that’s the case, I will pay for the days I will stay before getting my place. I told her no problem. Hopefully before next week I will move out. As I’ve already seen a place for $250. Beside the house is very far from school. Though she promise to drop me or leave her car for me most times, but how long will that be? I really appreciate her for a help and welcoming me, but honestly I didn’t xpect this from a Nigerian… at least not this early. Funniest thing of all is that this same person is a benefactor of this same circumstances in her time.

As par my school, orientation dey start next week, while lectures dey start upper week but I don start my course registration. Am supposed to take only 9 credit unit, but am taking 11 cos of my background. The school is quite cool. Plenty Jobs. Job listings on our career link is almost 18 pages. Since yesterday I don dey apply, I still dey apply from GAs to oncampus factory jobs with wage ranging from $7.5 to $15 per hour. The school is in a small town of a population less than 20k mainly whites (over 95%). The director of international Students has been so nice to me. According to her, she said in the 80’s there where over 100 Nigerian students that studied there and they were all of good conduct. Some just left as recently as last year as professors. I’ve also seen a Ghanaian, Cameroonian, south Sudanese and South African. The hustle is still on…
By the way, I don start to cut my hair by myself oh… but just yesterday I say a saloon advertising $10 for a cut. May be I will go there after every 2month.

Please oh MsNas, imperiouxxx, warriboy21, lagosismyhome (nice lady),slimmy2005, amanze15, aadeyi, Ojap, SirRiddy, Sureb0y, Dickoflife,halidaf, biikeys, deetus and all the babas them, how person fit use get more than a job? If the first job is not upto 20hrs a week. Is it lawful to do 2 or more jobs as a student?

13 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2016
sureb0y:

I'm replying this cos you mentioned me and I'm giving the benefit of doubt just in case you misunderstood all I have written so far. Read up the difference between destructive criticism and constructive criticism. I do not condemn anybody... I criticize to suggest a different way of making something better and I always say it that I could be wrong or right. Some close minded people who read that last long post will think I'm attacking particular people on here, shior. The bottom of that message is... No matter how much you know, always leave the door open to learn new things. When you shut your mind out to learn new things and you aggressively shoot everyone's opinion/experience down, you won't learn something new. For example, where I stay... I already have my house rent for next 3 months covered (Technically free) due to some paroles wey I run. I paid for just 1 month, I have the next 3 covered (It is not a pay 1, get 3 promo). Instead of saying lailai, impossible/or trying to prove you have experienced it to show you know better than me which will make me ultimately keep the knowledge to myself. Just ask me politely to tell you how I got it done. Would the world/thread not be a better place if we adopted this approach?

I'm the quickest to condemn and share out indictment. hahaha, na wa o. I repeat, if I say make I condemn anybody for here... e go turn battleground for egos. I have neither the time nor interest in such a thing. Who have I helped? It depends on your understanding of the word "help". I don't need anyone to come and thank me and feed my ego on the thread (again, this is not an attack on anyone). some people send me pms telling me to come here and post because they just want to read about anything new I have experienced. That's the only thing some people need and they'll agree that I have helped them. Some people just want to know how to pass and get into better ranked schools, they'll say my posts are useless to them and they're right! looooool.

Finally, While I am responsible for what I write and the meaning I hope a reader gets, I am definitely not responsible for what the reader reads and the interpretation they give to it. If you don't understand me, simply ask.

@sureboy, thank God we finally hear from you, Bro. you fall our hand oo, cos we dey gbadun your motivation, you just come with another write up this time around.. Lol, anyway i hope your good, in my on point do not let the issue of post or no post turn you down on this tread, we should all know that nairaland is just like a community which contain different type of people with different mood and orientation..... When you know what is best for you and what your planing to become you only have to take the useful point that is suitable for your goals.. , everyone of us has purpose of what we are planning to become in life, God we always lead us to the right path

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2016
lionlee216:
Deetus and lagosismyhome, email sent

Got that. Check your mail. Best of luck. Will pray for you tonight!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2016
Nairasea23,welcome to Yankee.
I'd share my experience one of these days,hopefully people would learn.
Things cost for here o shocked

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 8:16pm On Aug 25, 2016
MsNas:
So, oga mi, your expenses were subject to your own personal tastes and your choice of city which was Denver. Most of us don't even get close to what you spent at all and most students I know learn to live cheaply. I'd rather go for my American visa and have lots of opportunities after graduation than to go to Canada o. All man for him own. Lol.

Please tell your wife that all Nairalanders on the US thread are welcoming her oo. And to take care of you well, cos you be better husband. cheesy

He was definitely talking about high end people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2016
NairaSea23:
My travel transcript and 1st one week experience.

Please oh MsNas, imperiouxxx, warriboy21, lagosismyhome (nice lady),slimmy2005, amanze15, aadeyi, Ojap, SirRiddy, Sureb0y, Dickoflife,halidaf, biikeys, deetus and all the babas them, how person fit use get more than a job? If the first job is not upto 20hrs a week. Is it lawful to do 2 or more jobs as a student?

Yahhhh grin . You made it ooo so i am excited. I will send you a pm but to answer your question yes u fit get more than one on campus job but the total number of hours should not be more than 20hours during term time and 40 during holiday .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by warriboy21(m): 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2016
amanze15:
depends sha, no be all those gas stations wey dey along country roads o lol
Ok ...bcuz I don try am for nnpc,Mobil and conoil e no work grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 8:29pm On Aug 25, 2016
biikeys:

The fact is that apart from tuition, he could still do virtually everything written there at about half their cost.

That's why towns are better. I paid $400/mo for my 2 bedroom apartment. My fast internet was $50 while utility was total of $80. I rented the second room to the Louisiana boy and my monthly cost became half.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 25, 2016
NairaSea23:
My travel transcript and 1st one week experience

I made okro soup and she made chicken stew, we ate and talked plenty things about naija. Told her naija is something else this days. She said she’s trying to get her people over here to join her. But she didn’t really know how to go about it as she didn’t do hers by herself. I sha ask her to tell her people to join the US thread on nairaland and I will do my best to guide them in the little ways I can. After all that we watched movies and slept off.

You suppose chop slap for that part. I was expecting better happy ending you come dull me with such deeper life parole, If na me... I trust myself wetin I go dey follow am discuss and how that night go end *ignores rape and assault warnings* (na play o)

NairaSea23:
Na so sisi para oh… say if that’s the case, I will pay for the days I will stay before getting my place. I told her no problem. Hopefully before next week I will move out. As I’ve already seen a place for $250. Beside the house is very far from school. Though she promise to drop me or leave her car for me most times, but how long will that be? I really appreciate her for a help and welcoming me, but honestly I didn’t xpect this from a Nigerian… at least not this early. Funniest thing of all is that this same person is a benefactor of this same circumstances in her time.

Do you think she was being wicked? You probably think so but I don't think she was. I don't want to go into details, but bro... this is not wickedness in my opinion. Woman na woman, e get as you for take cool her head down wey she for no reason the idea of paying for the duration of your stay till you get a place (pm me make we relate if you want). I guess you didn't use the boy-girl power to your advantage cheesy cheesy cheesy, it's probably not your thing or you just weren't interested, understandable. If na me, na from Naija I go don dey lay the babe foundation, dey set her parole (Again, we're different but... you know what they say about catching monkeys, right?) . Make I just free sha. I dey enjoy one babe connect since I don reach here and na from Naija I arrange the P. I wyn am yesterday sef say I dey go back to Naija because I no gbadun the city, she wan use beg finish me lol.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2016
imperiouxx:

That's why towns are better. I paid $400/mo for my 2 bedroom apartment. My fast internet was $50 while utility was total of $80. I rented the second room to the Louisiana boy and my monthly cost became half.

Wow 400 for 2 bed ...not bad at all and very student pocket friendly . What Town is that. ?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Wow 400 for 2 bed ...not bad at all and very student pocket friendly . What Town is that. ?

Portales, NM but you don't expect to get anything in such town than to study and move on later.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
Songitto:

@sureboy, thank God we finally hear from you, Bro. you fall our hand oo, cos we dey gbadun your motivation, you just come with another write up this time around... When you know what is best for you and what your planing to become you only have to take the useful point that is suitable for your goals.. , everyone of us has purpose of what we are planning to become in life, God we always lead us to the right path

I'm not sure I understand the part in bold lol. Please explain. I like your advice tho; to filter information. Use the one that's applicable to your dream... ignore the rest and move on. na so life suppose be. nice one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by warriboy21(m): 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2016
Nairasea23 nice transcript.....
U can have more than 10 on-campus jobs provided you dont exceed 20hrs/week..

Meaning if job A gives you only 10hrs/week then you can ask job B that you only have 10hrs/week availability to work..you can split the 20hrs/week evenly across the various jobs....

But summer you go enjoy am bcuz students are allowed up to 40hrs/week.

Hv fun bro

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2016
imperiouxx:

That's cheap... massively cheap. you dey enjoy o. cheesy cheesy cheesy Mr Imperiouxx my padi cheesy cheesy cheesy The only person wey ask of me when I go under G. I hail you. How's life for that place?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by KPhantom(m): 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
mevisbleek:

Hi,

Awesome question. I might be crucified but trust me, small brain dey my suggestion (I am only suggesting I no dey advise, lol).

1) Go learn how to drive tanker or them big trucks
2) Plumbing
3) Welding- God fit help you, maybe you might get selected as one of the welders when and if the Keystone Pipeline projects gets approved. Lol
thank you for ur contribution oo, I really appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by KPhantom(m): 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2016
LagosismyHome:

While studying ..i dont really know except getting GA or some form of assistance or oncampus jobs... other forms of making money might be there but thats d way i know

After studying. ... so many options for this depending on your area of interest. IT Skills and healthcare for sure but then i dont know how uptodate the IT will be in Naija but i guess at least having d foundation wont be bad..outside of IT and health care so many , like for example if u were a female knowing how to make hair wont be bad because its expensive to braid hair ....or maybe even sewing. If u are in a high naija population city. U fit dey sew cloth for owanbe and if sown abroad labour is not cheap or taking pictures in owanbe party or even Dj or MC on d side ...but really depends on if u are in a high naija city
noted ma.. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Piuorji: 8:53pm On Aug 25, 2016
sureb0y:

I'm replying this cos you mentioned me and I'm giving the benefit of doubt just in case you misunderstood all I have written so far. Read up the difference between destructive criticism and constructive criticism. I do not condemn anybody... I criticize to suggest a different way of making something better and I always say it that I could be wrong or right. Some close minded people who read that last long post will think I'm attacking particular people on here, shior. The bottom of that message is... No matter how much you know, always leave the door open to learn new things.When you shut your mind out to learn new things and you aggressively shoot everyone's opinion/experience down, you won't learn something new. For example, where I stay... I already have my house rent for next 3 months covered (Technically free) due to some paroles wey I run. I paid for just 1 month, I have the next 3 covered (It is not a pay 1, get 3 promo). Instead of saying lailai, impossible/or trying to prove you have experienced it to show you know better than me which will make me ultimately keep the knowledge to myself. Just ask me politely to tell you how I got it done. Would the world/thread not be a better place if we adopted this approach?

Ur 1st writeup was liked , all the others epistle have been to just feed your ego so yes its all about feeding ego for you too

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 25, 2016
Piuorji:

Ur 1st writeup was liked , all the others epistle have been to just feed your ego so yes its all about feeding ego for you too

Okay, Thanks for making yourself clear smiley smiley smiley Enjoy the rest of your day wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.