Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,994 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (671387 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by NairaSea23: 9:01pm On Aug 25, 2016
sureb0y:

You suppose chop slap for that part. [b][/b]I was expecting better happy ending you come dull me with such deeper life parole, If na me...

Sureb0y I no dull oh. PHC that's where I come from and you know what that means. anyway this chick no get JOY oh. Beside I still dey undergo emotional pains of leaving behind my 2 cute boys and adorable wife.

[b][/b]Do you think she was being wicked? You probably think so but I don't think she was. I don't want to go into details, but bro... this is not wickedness in my opinion. Woman na woman, e get as you for take cool her head down wey she for no reason the idea of paying for the duration of your stay. [/quote]

not at all. I don't think she is... just that after telling her my situation, I Xpect a bit of understanding and show of empathy to a fellow compatriot. But all the same just as I said earlier I really appreciate her for welcoming me. As I later get to understand, she's probably in a lot of debt too. U know this American life style of buying everything buyable with cc...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 25, 2016
NairaSea23:
anyway this chick no get JOY oh

ah!!! lol No vex sir, I no know say you be married man. I was joking around sef, I too dey play. What does the above mean? I hear people saying it but I've never understood the meaning. You mean say she no fine or what? Once again I apologize smiley ... forgive me.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by masquellett(m): 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2016
Landed in the US safely. Transcript loading. Its gonna be long, but not as long as sureb0y's own sha ooo. lol

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by NairaSea23: 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
sureb0y:

ah!!! lol No vex sir, I no know say you be married man. I was joking around sef, I too dey play. What does the above mean? I hear people saying it but I've never understood the meaning. You mean say she no fine or what? Once again I apologize smiley ... forgive me.

Sureb0y haba abeg for wetin? nothing to apologise for. Men will always be boys married or not married with very few exceptions. And I don't fall into that exception.

She no get joy means she dey street like u... she dey hustle... she dey vex... depending on the context it's been use.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2016
masquellett:
Landed in the US safely. Transcript loading. Its gonna be long, but not as long as sureb0y's own sha ooo. lol

My padi don enter!!! See as I dey smile for here. when you can, ping me for bbm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2016
KPhantom:
Abeg, which hand work or skills would u advice an intending student to learn here in Nigeria that can be very useful to make money while studying there?
cc wallspring, Lagosismyhome, imperiouxx et al...

I should have learned mechanic. Charges/hour start from $85 in nyc. Even if you don't do it for pay, you can save yourself some money fixing your own car yourself. For female, learn hair dressing if you want to make cool money making friends' hairs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2016
NairaSea23:

Sureb0y haba abeg for wetin? nothing to apologise for. Men will always be boys married or not married with very few exceptions. And I don't fall into that exception.

She no get joy means she dey street like u... she dey hustle... she dey vex... depending on the context it's been use.

Na so. Thanks for explaining that too, make I go dey find trouble for my bbm with the slang. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2016
sureb0y:

Written like a wise man. That's exactly my point. Many people here because of the things they have read on the thread, send me PMs asking me if it makes sense to go to so and so school to study so and so course as if it gives any guarantees. Imagine a question like "I'm considering x course, do you think it falls under STEM?" the moment you say it doesn't, the person thinks about choosing another course. Now if the person doesn't get a STEM admission but ends up getting here with admission into a non-STEM department, he already sees himself with little chance of success with a very negative mindset. You get? I'm against this kind of linear and restrictive reasoning. Some will read this and think I'm against STEM courses and OPT system. I'm talking about something entirely different.

Different people with different situations. That's what my point is. Life isn't black or white.

That's why people were advised that stem is nothing as opt employment is getting harder everyday. If you studied under stem and couldn't get job in your field, just say bye to opt extension. I studied chemistry, I managed to get opt employment as a quality assurance (my field) after waiting eagerly for about 5 months at home. The month my 12 months opt would end is the same month I got my green card interview invitation. I secured the green card within 7 mins into the interview because this lady interviewer won't stop loving and talking about my wife's Harvard masters degree and her suit. I didn't even thinking about the damn stem extension because to me the opt year is a period to rethink about one's direction, and it pays.

If a person changes his course because of stem/opt, I would say the person has missed it. If a person would change course because of healthcare or IT field etc, well, I would say maybe the person is informed.

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2016
NairaSea23:
Please oh MsNas, imperiouxxx, warriboy21, lagosismyhome (nice lady),slimmy2005, amanze15, aadeyi, Ojap, SirRiddy, Sureb0y, Dickoflife,halidaf, biikeys, deetus and all the babas them, how person fit use get more than a job? If the first job is not upto 20hrs a week. Is it lawful to do 2 or more jobs as a student?

If you're on GA, it's already documented that you work 20 hours/week, even if you don't work up to that physically. So, you can't get any other jobs. But if you're not on GA, just apply to more jobs on campus if you can cope with more than 1 job and studies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ponpon(m): 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2016
Sir sureb0y of inspiration fm...lol...senior man....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2016
sureb0y:

That's cheap... massively cheap. you dey enjoy o. cheesy cheesy cheesy Mr Imperiouxx my padi cheesy cheesy cheesy The only person wey ask of me when I go under G. I hail you. How's life for that place?

Hey, I'm fine. How are you doing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by NairaSea23: 9:42pm On Aug 25, 2016
Abeg oh make ona no vex oh... I know I've earlier presented this issue in a different dimension, let tackle it in another way... So after paying about 1500 as health insurance for my wife, on her arrival here, if she gets pregnant and wants to deliver won't the insurance cover it? The money this people dey call every time dey vex me oh... person fit no even near hospital after paying that plenty money...

On another news.... I be on phone mechanic oh... so all nairalanders if ur car gets bad u can just give me a call and I will tell you what to do.... Don't be scared I won't charge like them sha... $30 per hour will do.... lol

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 9:47pm On Aug 25, 2016
dickoflife:
5 pm should be good. Any change will be passed on to you with dexerity sir..

Hi. It seems we have to move the meeting from tomorrow.

I will keep you posted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 9:50pm On Aug 25, 2016
masquellett:

Welcome to u s bro. We are waiting for your transcript....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by seek4yemi1: 10:29pm On Aug 25, 2016
What a marvellous God he has done marvellous thing for me, my visa was approved today at US consulate Dubai, I had an appointment on 15th n it was rejected by a lady who keep on giving white paper,note in Dubai while paper is refusal,I once asked some question in part 9 regarding applying from Dubai, for now I'm trying to recollect my transcript and I will post it later on, Thanks to everyone who shared their transcript with us here, I gathered so many things from there too.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 10:30pm On Aug 25, 2016
[quote author=sureb0y post=48787578][/quote]

Sureboi I salute u wella, please someone should help me read dis gigantic and cumbersome
epistle written by Sureboi and summarize it for us in one language... Lol

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 25, 2016
adup:

Sureboi I salute u wella, please someone should help me read dis gigantic and cumbersome
epistle written by Sureboi and summarize it for us in one language... Lol

hahaha, It's pointless... just ignore it and move to the next post. cheesy cheesy cheesy It contains information you probably don't need to read/know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fmsuhgar: 10:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
Gud evening House,pls if someone want to pay for tuition from Nigeria, are we to pay using bank rate or black market rate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 25, 2016
imperiouxx:

Hey, I'm fine. How are you doing?

So you're married too? I didn't know o. Now I can imagine the look on your face when I talk about girls, girls, girls lol. Nice one bro, enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2016
lekan96:
Dickoflife. Abeg , does GVSU ship I-20 free to international student or student will pay for it?
leke of life ... depends mine was shipped free.. i guess it was a mistake but if they offer you free you wan reject am?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 10:48pm On Aug 25, 2016
imperiouxx:

Hi. It seems we have to move the meeting from tomorrow.

I will keep you posted.
damn.... anyway i will also let u know emergency plans also came up... thanks for the heads up...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2016
Your score: 392 CPM (that is 78 WPM)

Your score beats or equals 93.13% of all.

Challenge your friends on Facebook!

Congratulations! You typed all 71 words correctly!

So you people should understand when I say I type very fast and it doesn't take long for me to write so much. Characters per minute/words per minute (CPM/WPM). I'm already used to it, please make una no vex. To those who are patient enough to read all I write, omo... una dey try o.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by seek4yemi1: 12:06am On Aug 26, 2016
My interview was amazing, as soon as I sighted a lady whom I saw the last who was given approval like Xmas gift to everyone during my last interview I joined her queue I had wanted to join the quality queue in my last interview on 15th but na one of the official directed me to a lady who was just issuing white paper to everyone(white paper in Dubai is refusal), as a sharp guy I quickly join her queue and a lady told me y did I join the queue I lied to her u told me to join,she said o, may be I forget.
My transcript for 25th of Aug
Vo: hello you can come(note I was on queue)
Vo:good morning
Mezsadyou get respect jare omo gidi) good morning
VO: pass we ur passport pls
Me: sure av it (after checking her system for abt 3min)
Vo: what is ur purpose of visit at the US
Me: (I wan go vote for hilary and come back jare) I will be going for studies, I mean masters degree,
Vo: what will u be studying
Me: (can't hear her well) again pls(she smiled and asked me once more) . Will be studying Healthcare management at California uni of mgt sci(she cut in)
Vo: how do u come across the school
Me: initially my younger brother had his Bachelor degree from the same school, I he gave me some fact about the school, in terms of academic excellent performance and we'll experienced lectures n professors
Vo:ho many school do u apply
Me: (I stammer most of the time) I quickly say sorry for that fact that I am a stammerer
Vo: no probs aiit
Me: I applied to two uni,argosy uni and Calums, I chose Calums just because they have my course of studies
Vo: why do u choose health care management
Me: (my answer was very long can't even recollect some,as I dey talk stammer they enter wella o,she had to place her ear toward d speaker to listen)
Vo: how many yrs av u been in Dubai
Me: almost three yrs
Vo: I work at sososo as sosososo
Vo: who is gona sponsor ur studies
Me: my mum I have her bank statement
VO:pls give it to me
Mesadkiamosa I pass it to her, she check am like lottery book,i said sorry ma'am it was rough just because it was sent through ems and it was mishandled and I already lodge a complain on that)
Vo: what currency is this
Me: it's Nigerian currency and u can check it online(i mean she can check the exchange rate online,later on I discovered she taught I said she can check the validity of the statement online)
VOsadsmiled) u mean I can check it online
Me(forced out smile,my heart dey my hand o,i Don dey loose hope self cos na dat time my stamerer come in full,hmm witches in my village get of me)i nod my head
VOsadcoughed) (after typing some things on system)
Mesadmy mind was telling m I will be accepted cos all I see with her his the copy of acceptance letter,no single white big paper for refusal with her,)
Vo: why didn't ur mum signed the I-20 form.
Me: my mum can sign if I am below 18 but I am not,am above above 18,
VO:smiled, I will approve ur visa,u will be contacted within 3-5 working days to pick up ur passport at the your selected pick up centre,
Me: thank you(my heart bleeds for joy,i was just singing praise to the king of kings,)i forced out little le smile,
(the taxii I took was so lucky that after telling me my bill is 20 dirhams, I intentionally gave him 30aed)

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by masquellett(m): 12:34am On Aug 26, 2016
dickoflife:
leke of life ... depends mine was shipped free.. i guess it was a mistake but if they offer you free you wan reject am?
mine was shipped for free too. it arrived in 3days sef. Express shipment package.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by masquellett(m): 12:35am On Aug 26, 2016
Songitto:

Welcome to u s bro. We are waiting for your transcript....

thanks bro. on it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Dominicumoh(m): 12:37am On Aug 26, 2016
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

I just deferred my admission to spring 2017 after five (5) denials....

1st
Abuja Embassy
April 22 at 9am

2nd
Abuja Embassy
May 9 at 9am

3rd
Abuja Embassy
May 23 at 7:30am

4th
Abuja Embassy
june 7 at 7:30am

5th
Lagos Embassy
August 5 at 6:30am

All my documents are authentic, no falsified docs,..just that my sponsor doesnt bear my surname.

Guys, I really want to resume my studies this January. What changes can i possibly make to my profile? where is the best location to schedule the next visa appointment? Any hope for me? This time, my sponsor has accepted to pay in the money into my bank account. Will it help?

Kindly help with your advise to help me prepare well....God bless you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by NairaSea23: 12:38am On Aug 26, 2016
dickoflife:
damn.... anyway i will also let u know emergency plans also came up... thanks for the heads up...

@ dickoflife i for like get a brief chat with u oh.... Pls hit me up on means to do that. You can email me on axposunatyahoodotcom Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 12:46am On Aug 26, 2016
Please if you don't have money,don't come here o.
It is not a palatable experience.
And don't fall out of status please.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Teeboy22(m): 1:12am On Aug 26, 2016
seek4yemi1:
My interview was amazing, as soon as I sighted a lady whom I saw the last who was given approval like Xmas gift to everyone during my last interview I joined her queue I had wanted to join the quality queue in my last interview on 15th but na one of the official directed me to a lady who was just issuing white paper to everyone(white paper in Dubai is refusal), as a sharp guy I quickly join her queue and a lady told me y did I join the queue I lied to her u told me to join,she said o, may be I forget.
My transcript for 25th of Aug
Vo: hello you can come(note I was on queue)
Vo:good morning
Mezsadyou get respect jare omo gidi) good morning
VO: pass we ur passport pls
Me: sure av it (after checking her system for abt 3min)
Vo: what is ur purpose of visit at the US
Me: (I wan go vote for hilary and come back jare) I will be going for studies, I mean masters degree,
Vo: what will u be studying
Me: (can't hear her well) again pls(she smiled and asked me once more) . Will be studying Healthcare management at California uni of mgt sci(she cut in)
Vo: how do u come across the school
Me: initially my younger brother had his Bachelor degree from the same school, I he gave me some fact about the school, in terms of academic excellent performance and we'll experienced lectures n professors
Vo:ho many school do u apply
Me: (I stammer most of the time) I quickly say sorry for that fact that I am a stammerer
Vo: no probs aiit
Me: I applied to two uni,argosy uni and Calums, I chose Calums just because they have my course of studies
Vo: why do u choose health care management
Me: (my answer was very long can't even recollect some,as I dey talk stammer they enter wella o,she had to place her ear toward d speaker to listen)
Vo: how many yrs av u been in Dubai
Me: almost three yrs
Vo: I work at sososo as sosososo
Vo: who is gona sponsor ur studies
Me: my mum I have her bank statement
VO:pls give it to me
Mesadkiamosa I pass it to her, she check am like lottery book,i said sorry ma'am it was rough just because it was sent through ems and it was mishandled and I already lodge a complain on that)
Vo: what currency is this
Me: it's Nigerian currency and u can check it online(i mean she can check the exchange rate online,later on I discovered she taught I said she can check the validity of the statement online)
VOsadsmiled) u mean I can check it online
Me(forced out smile,my heart dey my hand o,i Don dey loose hope self cos na dat time my stamerer come in full,hmm witches in my village get of me)i nod my head
VOsadcoughed) (after typing some things on system)
Mesadmy mind was telling m I will be accepted cos all I see with her his the copy of acceptance letter,no single white big paper for refusal with her,)
Vo: why didn't ur mum signed the I-20 form.
Me: my mum can sign if I am below 18 but I am not,am above above 18,
VO:smiled, I will approve ur visa,u will be contacted within 3-5 working days to pick up ur passport at the your selected pick up centre,
Me: thank you(my heart bleeds for joy,i was just singing praise to the king of kings,)i forced out little le smile,
(the taxii I took was so lucky that after telling me my bill is 20 dirhams, I intentionally gave him 30aed)

Nice one brother

If 1 is working in Dubai..can he also apply for a visit visa from Dubai

Thanks

Bless

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 2:07am On Aug 26, 2016
masquellett:

mine was shipped for free too. it arrived in 3days sef. Express shipment package.
then i guess its free.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 2:08am On Aug 26, 2016
NairaSea23:

@ dickoflife i for like get a brief chat with u oh.... Pls hit me up on means to do that. You can email me on axposunatyahoodotcom Thanks
i havent heard from u in months.. wow. Well when am free will let u know whatsup..

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.