Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (671134 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akins2016: 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2017
cecemat:
Now this is what I just came here to say this afternoon.... grin
In this order, I say I'm truly very grateful...

<<<<<GOD>>>>>
<<<<<God's Own Scholars17>>>>>>
<<<<<Akin2016>>>>>
<<<<<Texrem>>>>>>
<<<<<Walspring>>>>>>
<<<<<Entire Scholars on this thread>>>>>>
Missed my appointment on the 4th of January because of the delay in the flight delivering my I-20 BUT GOD showed me HIS awesomeness after paying another Visa fee for an emergency appointment on Tuesday, I got today for an expedient appointment.
//////////VISA GOT APPROVED IN ABUJA CONSULATE AT 12PM TODAY////////////////////

.....................................................Transcript loading ...................................80%
Meanwhile, I'm leaving on Monday, I would be grateful if I can get the best deal Biko. Thanks as you help already grin
Congratulations bro welcome to America.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2017
signature2012:
Na wa o.....just reading different punchlines. cry
grin cheesy
There's never a dull moment here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 8:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
Congratulations cecemat.
I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Drocks: 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2017
slimmy2005:
You don dey sharp mouth like OBO. When the time reach you go dey beg for accommodation.
I don't know why you think I would come here to beg for accomodation. People sha

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Drocks: 9:06pm On Jan 12, 2017
saninwa:

Pls are you aware of any other school? Thanks
Google search bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:07pm On Jan 12, 2017
Drocks:
I don't need their funding.

In this exchange rate explosion so someone cannot need funding..

Your own good ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 12, 2017
If you need Naira you can use this site..https://www.boxypay.com , the exchange rate is #430
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by justwise(m): 9:16pm On Jan 12, 2017
femi321:
If you need Naira you can use this site..https://www.boxypay.com , the exchange rate is #430

They don't send money to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 9:23pm On Jan 12, 2017
justwise:

They do.
I even used it today

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 12, 2017
Drocks:
I don't know why you think I would come here to beg for accomodation. People sha
Alright now apply without funding. Except say Na escape route

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Drocks: 9:28pm On Jan 12, 2017
slimmy2005:
Alright now apply without funding. Except say Na escape route
I no get your time menh...relax!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by justwise(m): 9:30pm On Jan 12, 2017
OluDare01:

They do.
I even used it today

Nigeria is not in their list, maybe because of location.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:32pm On Jan 12, 2017
OluDare01:

They do.
I even used it today

Maybe there is another link then...because Nigeria is not in the drop down of countries
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 12, 2017
justwise:

they do now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 12, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Maybe there is another link then...because Nigeria is not in the drop down of countries
Nigeria is there now, it wasnt there before
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 9:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Hahaha, I don't understand o.
Maybe that was before
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 9:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
femi321:
Nigeria is there now, it wasnt there before
Exactly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by acadollar(m): 10:20pm On Jan 12, 2017
Even though to help person here no be by force.
But I dnt know why I don't recieve help here anytime I sought for it.
I've seen where people asked for powerful SOP sample to back up there funding and many people emailed them, I asked for it here and everyone ignores me.
Mr Imperiouxx, I also mailed you the other day about something and no reply, abeg I need those help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 12, 2017
//Visa Transcript on the 12th January @ Abuja Consulate///
Hello Fam, this is a lengthy story but my experience.
I have decided to share this transcript in acknowledgment of God’s awesomeness in your VISA applications/interviews.
I was slated for a visa interview on the 4th of January but I couldn’t go for it because my I-20 was delayed. Now you may think I was careless, but NO, I wasn’t. a friend of my bro was to deliver the I-20 since he was coming home on the 1st. Unfortunately for me, he dropped the I-20 in his carry-on luggage. His luggage was dropped and booked for another flight because they said he couldn’t take it along at that time. The bag was not delivered until the night of 4th at exactly 7PM (Few hours after my slated time at the embassy). As if that was not enough, I decided to reschedule my appointment but I missed my rescheduling deadline on the 3rd. We placed a call across to the embassy (on 3rd and 4th) and they assured us a reappointment after 48hrs which never came through. I had to make another payment on the 10th after which we booked 17th (regular) and requested for an expedient appointment. We waited throughout that day but got no reply. However, we decided to take a leap of faith on the morning of 11th (My big bro and I) by going to their embassy and requesting for an interview on that day, but we were shocked when some boys came checking my confirmation code on my appointment letter n ds-160 and there was a mix up in the last digit/alphabet. While we were trying to correct that on our laptop (Yes, we went with our laptop so we would book 11th immediately they open the calendar…that level of FAITH) the “no-reply” message came with an APPROVAL but we got the next day; 12th and we hurriedly booked it and drove back home. WHAT A MIRACLE!!! GOD IS A GREAT GOD. We showed Him our level of FAITH and HE revealed HIS STRENGTH to us. We are grateful.
I could barely sleep the night before my expedient appointment (11th). Had to pray God to grant His servant sleep after my big bro came chasing me to bed…LOL He is such a wonderful man! GOD did grant me a sound sleep (I slept like a baby). I got up in the morning around 7:30 AM (really confused and fidgeting) but I did my morning devotions and started jamming gospel songs. I got myself back before I could even know it because I was singing along and dusting the sitting room. Appointment (Expedient) was slated for 10:15AM but We (Myself and my big bro) hit the around 9:15 AM (Embassy was about 30mins drive from our place and that road is always free). When we got there, I asked and I was checked into the gate where I met one lady who did my appointment verification. I proceeded inside where I met a huge crowd……cutting the long story short, I did my thumb printing and joined the queue outside. Finally we were called inside and this was how it went down between me and the male VO (in his late 30s I presume)
VO: Good day how are you?
ME: I’m good, how are you?
VO: I’m fine… Pass me you passport please.
ME: Passed the passport.
VO: Thank you, would you kindly pass me your I-20 also?
ME: Sure!
VO: (typing and looking into my I-20) why have you chosen to pursue your masters at southern university and A&M College?
ME: Well, of all the schools I applied to, Southern University and A&M College appeals to me most because I will be part of an ongoing research under Prof Hamid Maijesein’s research group. The research topic is micro-grid and it is…. Was going on until he cuts in (he was nodding to this and typing though, that boosted my morals)
VO: Did you apply to other schools?
ME: Yes, did
VO: Would you name them please?
ME: I named the four schools I applied to
VO: Did you take any standard test like GRE, TOELF, IELTS?
ME: Yes I did, took GRE in August.
VO: Pass me your score cards please.
ME: Passed card
VO: I can only see southern university here, why are the other schools not reflecting?
ME: Told him I didn’t have the other school’s codes as at when I sat the test. Had to mail it to them through DHL.
VO: Oh, okay, does that cost and extra bucks?
ME: Yea it does (smiling)
VO: Have you travelled out of your country before?
ME: No
VO: Why don’t you go to Oklahoma? Why this particular school?
ME: Like I earlier said, the ongoing research at Southern Univerisity is the core of my decision as it is very beneficial to my career as an engineer and to my country, Nigeria. That’s because it will take care of unnecessary power outage to some reasonable extent (had to chip in this because there were several outages at the embassy today )
VO: Oh, that’s cool. So who is paying?
ME: My brother
VO: What does he do?
ME: He is a senior banker; an assistant bank manager with Stanbic ibtc Maitama, Abuja here.
VO: After typing for God knows when, he finally dropped the GOLDEN WORDS “Congratulations, your student Visa has been approved” and handed me the white papers.
ME: Thank you sir, but may I ask for a favor?
VO: Stretches forward and said okay, please ask/
ME: Would you please, kindly help fast track my passport as I an needed to be in US until 18th.
VO: Oh, really? What’s the date on your I-20? Sorry I didn’t even see it. Give me a sec. (He came back and asked if I would please be able to get it on Monday at the embassy)
ME: Yea, that will be great, thank you sir. ( was turning back when he said wait, you will need a note to come and get it on monday). Then he handed over a note to me (Yellow card, I been wan say habah oga, until I saw where he wrote “FOR ENTRY @1PM, MONDAY” on it o… #Hehehehe)
Collected it and rushed out to meet my big bro where he was waiting. Couldn’t believe he was waiting and even praying for my success after over 4hrs (He is a good man, a brother turned a father to me)
I am very grateful to GOD (THE GOD FACTOR IS VERY COGENT, AS IN EH, VERY IMPORTANT. God brought me this far through every delay right from my school where my transcript was issued to this stage. He will surely see me through every other phase), My big brother, Mr Innocent (for his support right from the day 1 of this masters journey) and this thread for all the experience I had gained here. I can’t say I am a silent reader again oh (Hahahaha). One love people, wishing our colleagues the best in theirs.

Thanks to the main guys that made this story a success. My brothers at God's own scholars17 kept assuring me that things will go down well, Ade, Fesobi, Savory, Hushy, Presh, Sughar and all, you guys rock. And to the men that make things happen here, boss Akin2016 and Texrem you guys are great. Thanks Texrem for the pragmatic mock and baba DeeTus the prophet. hehehe grin. Mudi01 God will do it for you bro..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 12, 2017
akins2016:
Congratulations bro welcome to America.
Thanks brovda... I am truly very grateful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 12, 2017
OluDare01:
Congratulations cecemat.
I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Cheers

Cheers brovda.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 12, 2017
cecemat:

Cheers brovda.
Congrats once again. The spirit of never let anything bring you down is what I love most. grin

You were highly favored that day!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 12, 2017
acadollar:
Even though to help person here no be by force.
But I dnt know why I don't recieve help here anytime I sought for it.
I've seen where people asked for powerful SOP sample to back up there funding and many people emailed them, I asked for it here and everyone ignores me.
Mr Imperiouxx, I also mailed you the other day about something and no reply, abeg I need those help.
I dont think anyone is ignoring you, you said you needed powerful draft for applying for funding and now you are talking about SOP. if you had said Sop some people would have responded. I dont know what they call power draft that was why I just scrolled. Anything I have no idea about I dont bother mysef responding,i cant argue . Guess that was why others didnt respond. Now what do you need? SoP or powerful draft for funding? if its SOP I can help but if its the later,i dont know what that is

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by acadollar(m): 11:22pm On Jan 12, 2017
femi321:
I dont think anyone is ignoring you, you said you needed powerful draft for applying for funding and now you are talking about SOP. if you had said Sop some people would have responded. I dont know what they call power draft that was why I just scrolled. Anything I have no idea about I dont bother mysef responding,i cant argue . Guess that was why others didnt respond. Now what do you need? SoP or powerful draft for funding? if its SOP I can help but if its the later,i dont know what that is
SOP is part of what I need.
I will appreciate if u send to me, acadollar1@gmail.com.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 12, 2017
DeeTus:
Congrats once again. The spirit of never let anything bring you down is what I love most. grin

You were highly favored that day!

I'm grateful brovda... There are actually NO LIMITS to how far I can go. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 12, 2017
acadollar:

SOP is part of what I need.
I will appreciate if u send to me, acadollar1@gmail.com.
Thanks
okay.sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by acadollar(m): 11:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
femi321:
okay.sent
I appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Denvan: 12:14am On Jan 13, 2017
slimmy2005:
But bros, you need to save yourself because contraceptives here are like $7.99 for a pack of 12. That is why I practice abstinence.

You try!!! Clap for yourself!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 13, 2017
Signature worldwide
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 13, 2017
cecemat:

Cheers brovda.
congrats. You get funding or you hole school fees
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 13, 2017
slimmy2005:
congrats. You get funding or you hole school fees

I have full funding and monthly stipends grin

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by centboy123456(m): 1:19am On Jan 13, 2017
cecemat:

Thanks brovda... I am truly very grateful

I don't know how you do but really can you help me how can I get a (student) Visa what and what I need and how much those it cost pls tell me I want to know

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.