Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time (18845 Views)

Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) / Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User / Police Rent Out Station To Church For Service In Lagos (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by bennynaza(m): 11:18am On Aug 14, 2016
There is no husband nor wife standing by ur side on judgement day...
As the Igbo's say "jiri ire gi guo eze gi onu" --
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 14, 2016
2dugged:
The couple were from different church denominations,after marriage she had to change her church even if it was a difficult thing because she was from a church where the doctrine was the opposite to that of her husband's church. Her husband's church was the new generation what's up church where they don't cover their hair and wear trouser to church compared to her former church.It took time to adjust to the "ride on sir" type of preaching.

Six years into the marriage, he suddenly started attending a miracle center church a neighbor told him about and insists that she must start attending with him. The church is a spiritual church and she says it creeps her out, he brings handkerchiefs, water, sand and even salt to put around the house, will she be committing a sin if she choose not to follow him to the new church?
No offence but this is the kinda husband that woman complaining about her husband's atheist view should have .
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by motherfucker: 11:43am On Aug 14, 2016
Ginaz:
I don't believe in religion as absurd as it sounds. I dont get the concept that we need to belong to a certain religion to be closer to God.

The Bible was written for our understanding, everything we need to know about God and all there is, they are all in the Bible. Since reading the Bible, I haven't seen where it was written you must belong to so and so church in order to serve God.

All I believe is that, there is a God in heaven, he has a son called jesus who resurrected and who must come to earth a second time. He will lead the world to peace.

I believe all I need in serving God is a pure heart, obedience to all his laws and that's all. I don't go to church just sometimes I feel like.

O.p you have to tell your husband about your believes and don't do anything that will condemn your conscience spiritually. If you don't like the church he's attending then don't go. I hate spiritual churches more than the devil cos all they do is tell you crap and lead you away from the teaches of God.

No person is worth losing our relationship with Jehovah. Be strong and be firm.

To say I love what you wrote is an understatement. Please marry me cool
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Shobizz(m): 11:48am On Aug 14, 2016
Ginaz:
I don't believe in religion as absurd as it sounds. I dont get the concept that we need to belong to a certain religion to be closer to God.

The Bible was written for our understanding, everything we need to know about God and all there is, they are all in the Bible. Since reading the Bible, I haven't seen where it was written you must belong to so and so church in order to serve God.

All I believe is that, there is a God in heaven, he has a son called jesus who resurrected and who must come to earth a second time. He will lead the world to peace.

I believe all I need in serving God is a pure heart, obedience to all his laws and that's all. I don't go to church just sometimes I feel like.

O.p you have to tell your husband about your believes and don't do anything that will condemn your conscience spiritually. If you don't like the church he's attending then don't go. I hate spiritual churches more than the devil cos all they do is tell you crap and lead you away from the teaches of God.

Hmnn My God!.
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by pedrilo: 11:50am On Aug 14, 2016
I hate peeps who act as though they are over spiritual, moving from church to church and prophet to pastor! Most times they r shallow minded and lack a decisive mind. I giv u space as a friend if u start exhibiting these traits

1 Like

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 14, 2016
shall two come together except they agree? there u av it.

1 Like

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Greenlandncom(m): 12:11pm On Aug 14, 2016
2dugged:
The couple were from different church denominations,after marriage she had to change her church even if it was a difficult thing because she was from a church where the doctrine was the opposite to that of her husband's church. Her husband's church was the new generation what's up church where they don't cover their hair and wear trouser to church compared to her former church.It took time to adjust to the "ride on sir" type of preaching.

Six years into the marriage, he suddenly started attending a miracle center church a neighbor told him about and insists that she must start attending with him. The church is a spiritual church and she says it creeps her out, he brings handkerchiefs, water, sand and even salt to put around the house, will she be committing a sin if she choose not to follow him to the new church?
Marriage is not all about "follow follow" but about being partners and carrying each other's burden. It is obvious the person in question is spiritually sick.
The Lady needs to intensify her prayer for herself and her family or else they may end up worshipping idol someday!

1 Like

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Kfed4ril(m): 12:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
daniella04:
. Try to be reasonable for once, the lady has respected him by changing her church the first time, now he wants her to follow him to somewhere that looks suspicious, is it until she follows him to satanic church and loose her soul before you term her obedient.
That is why I can't date a non catholic not to talk of marrying one embarassed

Catholics why are u people always like this? Thinking that ur are the only people who will make heaven. My dear doctrine doesn't take one to heaven.
Biko change that mentality.

1 Like

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by placeofallure(f): 12:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
Ginaz:

Are you sure you're a Christian or a free thinker? Check the Bible again Heb 10:25. This passage talks about fellowshipping with other Christians and by doing that, you're already a member of a church.

The Bible says God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. Attending a church is part of your labour of service in His vineyard.

As for the OP, seek God's face. Don't let your husband mislead you. On the day of judgement, every man for himself. Now, this doesn't mean you won't follow him to that place. You'll go. If you know whom you serve, the spirit of God in you will help you to decipher what is Biblical or otherwise. The Bible says submit to your husband, there's no clause attached to this commandment.

1 Like

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Skmoda360(m): 12:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
Ginaz:

well said
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by nwamehn: 12:28pm On Aug 14, 2016
2dugged:

I believe the husband should find way and calmly convince the wife to see reasons with him and change the church, it is not something he will have to apply force to exercise, moreover, he married a wife and not a slave whose will ceases to exist once the master is concerned.
On the other hand, if the wife is truly a christian as the post makes us believe, then I see no reasons why she should refuse to join the husband in his new church. Ephesians 5 vs 22-23 says wives should submit to their husbands. Moreover, they might be experiencing problems and the man is running around for solutions, the least she can do is to support him and not to add more problems to the existing ones by her disobedience.
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
Ginaz:

Pls tell them o
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2016
Ginaz:

All hail the "Christianity isn't a religion" believer!
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by daniella04: 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
Kfed4ril:

Catholics why are u people always like this? Thinking that ur are the only people who will make heaven. My dear doctrine doesn't take one to heaven.
Biko change that mentality.
I never said catholics are the only ones that will make heaven, I am comfortable with there mood of worship and I don't intend to change it. And I owe you know explanation for my decision

2 Likes

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by loswhite(m): 12:47pm On Aug 14, 2016
nobosaba:

The one thing that make marriages stand and stay in love is to respect and honor each other, spiritual church or no spiritual church, miracle church or not all na one God dem dey serve, just we humans is the one creating doctrines.

She should see reasons with her hubby. Talk over it, cos he is the head of the home, this disrespect could lead to the unthinkable. The Bible said respect and honor your parents, so after you no longer in your parents house, your husband becomes one of those that which you have to Accord the honor to also and respect.
you use the word respect and honour each other yet it seems you dont know what that means.Respect means that if the woman say i do not share the same believe with your new found spiritual church you have to respect that. SIMPLE

3 Likes

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by axishale(m): 12:55pm On Aug 14, 2016
Another reason I believe in God and no other religion............if u quote me Ogun will punish u for me grin grin
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2016
Don't think so!
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Akinaukwa: 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
Such sensitive issues that borders on religion, denomination, tradition/culture, work etc needs to be thrashed out before marriage to avoid this kind of situation.
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2016
with the comments I am seeing it's obvious some people didn't even read before commenting, smh, after five years of marriage, someone is still refering to courtship period, what has that go to do with the topic at hand?
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by don4real18(m): 1:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
Hmm... Religion is known to bring division and this situation might likely lead to a breakup ... Both should act sensible, afterall, God is not a Christian nor a Muslim, nor a Buddhist etc
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by freshcvvs: 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2016
nobosaba:

How would they stay peacefully when she refuse to obey her hubby, the head of the house..

In marriages it's no more for better for worse, it's just for the better, the worse they run away

Imagine this statement.. what if he's leading her to hell? obey?
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by barikay: 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2016
Cast your burdens upon the LORD. Tell her to decide that with prayer. No mortal man can give solution
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by elektra(f): 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2016
loswhite:
you use the word respect and honour each other yet it seems you dont know what that means.Respect means that if the woman say i do not share the same believe with your new found spiritual church you have to respect that. SIMPLE

Oga, you are not aware that respect only goes one way in Nigeria? The husband alone deserves respect because he has pr!ck.

1 Like

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by NigerianScholar: 2:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
2dugged:
read the last statement slowly, you will get my question

Ohhh. Now I do

Am not going to give you a long epistle. Ill gv u a short and simple answer

It is not by force

Its nt going to church that will carry you to heaven, follow your hear
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by NigerianScholar: 2:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
2dugged:
read the last statement slowly, you will get my question

Ohhh. Now I do

Am not going to give you a long epistle. Ill gv u a short and simple answer

[size=70pt]It is not by force[/size]

Its nt going to church that will carry you to heaven, follow your heart
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by jodreamer(m): 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2016
When the bible said do not be equally yoked with unbelievers, it wasn't for writing sake. It was written for our own learning.

Thanks every one and have a blessed week ahead.
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by JustHere2Observ(f): 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2016
I dont think it is right for anyone to force their spouse to believe what they believe or else it will bring contempt. Let her be convinced then she will follow to the end of the world.
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Tkayhandsome(m): 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
If you attend Rccg, marry from rccg.
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Ginaz(f): 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2016
placeofallure:

Are you sure you're a Christian or a free thinker? Check the Bible again Heb 10:25. This passage talks about fellowshipping with other Christians and by doing that, you're already a member of a church.

The Bible says God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. Attending a church is part of your labour of service in His vineyard.

As for the OP, seek God's face. Don't let your husband mislead you. On the day of judgement, every man for himself. Now, this doesn't mean you won't follow him to that place. You'll go. If you know whom you serve, the spirit of God in you will help you to decipher what is Biblical or otherwise. The Bible says submit to your husband, there's no clause attached to this commandment.

I'm not a free thinker and I have my believes, that Bible verse Hebrew 10:25 means we should only associate ourselves in the church? What about I meet you in your house as a Christian or we met on the road and talked about our faith, haven't I associated myself with a believer

God commanded his people in Israel times to observe his commandments and they should read in it day and night in order for their ways to be successful. Joshua 1:7-8.

He didn't mentioned go that religion and stay there every time, none said that and so religion is the best for you, listen to it, instead he said his "laws should be observed"

Don't deceive yourself, the mark of a true Christian is one that observe the law of Jehovah. Forget everything your pastor is teaching cos the Bible is open for us to learn if only we can open our hearts to learn it.

1 Like

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by nurusystem(m): 4:49pm On Aug 14, 2016
mosque are all open ,.u can come ,,..
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 14, 2016
nurusystem:
mosque are all open ,.u can come ,,..
I would rather go and start worshiping ogun or sango or even become an atheist than to become a Muslim,worse choice ever
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Genesis2000(m): 5:10pm On Aug 14, 2016
sent10:
swapping of church is a no no for me

Hmmmmm, yea i quiet agree with you.

But i don't pray that you see reason why you should swap.

There is no smoke without a fire.

If you re comfortable with where you re worshiping that fine.

But some pastors will suddenly deviate from their original gospel and began to do another thing entirely, will you still remain with such a church?

Am talking from experience.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? / Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? / Church Members Kill Owl In Delta State, Burn It (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.