Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,743 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS (67231 Views)

Ihere-serg Mascot From Ebonyi Assembles A Car, Presents It To Umahi (Pics) / Young Hunters Kill A Python In A Bush (Photos) / 'Helicopter' Manufactured By Two Boys In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by RickyTan: 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:
How should I refer to Igbo in Yorubaland when in Igboland an Anambra is a foreigner in Enugu and an Ebonyi is a foreigner in Anambra?

Afonja just face your master.
And FYI - Lagos Is A no man's land
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by iKarma: 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2016
asha90:
General, I didn't say there are none but it is one in a million..

My uncle married a Kalabari woman way back in the eighties in London but he did not come back to Nigeria until their children were 8 and 10. Then afterwards the family let it slide because the deed has been done.

Lol and you're so proud of this archaic tradition. That's why Ibo girls are marrying Yoruba men and raising their children in Yorubaland to escape such culture.

The dude is prolly considered an outcast Osu.

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Donbiggi: 6:15pm On Aug 14, 2016
Were am from, we don't kill dat fuckin creature
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 14, 2016
asha90:
Don't misunderstand me but there are still people marrying outsiders but it's just one in a million.

You people should change that your mentality,it is badddd.
Imagine you saying it is deadly...blablabla,in this 2016?
Oriegwu o!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by iKarma: 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
RickyTan:

Afonja just face your master.
And FYI - Lagos Is A no man's land

See this one. Enugu is no mans land cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by asha90: 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
It's not about being proud or archaic but about what we believe and it has been protecting us. Even in the Bible a particular tribe was asked not to take a wife from another. Just like in the case of Samsom and Delilah, he was asked not to marry from Philistine and he did and faced the consequences thereafter. Anambra people have their value system which makes them take marriage as a serious matter. It is more or less Biblical than archaic..

iKarma:

Lol and you're so proud of this archaic tradition. That's why Ibo girls are marrying Yoruba men to escape such culture.
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by wristbangle: 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

Lols.
You know them very well,not all though...I don't know what will be my reaction if my daughter brings home an Anambra man grin.

Cc: Cfcman

gringrin

Lol u dey fear? Are u from Imo or Abia? Na these igbos I like pass cool

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by iKarma: 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2016
Donbiggi:
Were am from, we don't kill dat fuckin creature

Hmmm una just dey worship snake -satan
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2016
You don't kill a Python in my village and if you do that by mistake you are to give it a befitting burial. The Python in some communities in Anambra is quite different from the one you see in Lagos or elsewhere.

They are innocuous and I have seen one come closer when a woman spoke the local dialect to it. So why kill them for meat. Nigerians need to forsake this kill and eat mentality. The other day they killed a whale in ondo.

Even the goat which we kill and eat for fun is a celebrity overseas. I tire for naija sef.
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by iKarma: 6:21pm On Aug 14, 2016
radiokilla:
You don't kill a Python in my village and if you do that by mistake you are to give it a befitting burial. The Python in some communities in Anambra is quite different from the one you see in Lagos or elsewhere.

They are innocuous and I have seen one come closer when a woman spoke the local dialect to it. So why kill them for meat. Nigerians need to forsake this kill and eat mentality. The other day they killed a whale in ondo.

Even the goat which we kill and eat for fun is a celebrity overseas. I tire for naija sef.

Lmaooooooooo Ibo pipu and winchi winchi.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by northvietnam(m): 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2016
mrphysics:
are u from Okposi in Ohaozara?
heheheheee. nice guess ... buh thats not really necessary here
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by RickyTan: 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
iKarma:

See this one. Enugu is no mans land cheesy

7 million plus Igbos in Lagos. If you don't like it - die

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by asha90: 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
I am just being point blank with you on how we see marriage. Yes, in some cases it could be deadly if the girl forces herself into the family. If you do not believe go and watch Nollywood. You called it mentality, we call it value system. It is working for us..

Kachisbarbie:

You people should change that your mentality,it is badddd.
Imagine you saying it is deadly...blablabla,in this 2016?
Oriegwu o!
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by iKarma: 6:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
asha90:
It's not about being proud or archaic but about what we believe and it has been protecting us. Even in the Bible a particular tribe was asked not to take a wife from another. Just like in the case of Samsom and Delilah, he was asked not to marry from Philistine and he did and faced the consequences thereafter. Anambra people have their value system which makes them take marriage as a serious matter. It is more or less Biblical than archaic..

In the bible, satan came in the form of snake. Today, you're worshipping snakes.

Don't pick and choose your bible verses.

Anambra men will soon end up marrying themselves the way Ibo girls are marrying Yoruba and NDeltans.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
wristbangle:

gringrin

Lol u dey fear? Are u from Imo or Abia? Na these igbos I like pass cool
Not like I am scared o, they keep on claiming they have 'royal blood' and it mustn't mix with 'outsiders'. They are very industrious though, I give them kudos for that.
I'm from Abia State cheesy.

asha90:
I am just being point blank with you on how we see marriage. Yes, in some cases it could be deadly if the girl forces herself into the family. If you do not believe go and watch Nollywood. You called it mentality, we call it value system. It is working for us..

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by iKarma: 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2016
RickyTan:

7 million plus Igbos in Lagos.

Just 7 million? Do a recount. 1 Hausa in Enugu, that's enough to make it a no mans land lol.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Aroh48(m): 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2016
northvietnam:
some people might neglect it but this is just the truth.
my place we dont kill green snakes, if u eventually do, its either yoi giv it a befitting burial or u face the calamity that comes with it

i could remember my childhood days when we visit for xmas, if we go swimming they do play with snakes, putting it on ur neck, throwing it at some one one putting it inside ur panties and it will crawl out..

make no mistakes, it do bite foreigners ....
playing with snakes? Are you human?
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by iKarma: 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

Not like I am scared o, they keep on claiming they have 'royal blood' and it mustn't mix with 'outsiders'. They are very industrious though, I give them kudos for that.

Industrial? Please don't use that word loosely.
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by asha90: 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
Nobody worships the snake. The truth is that those Pythons are harmless and walks around people without hurting them. We have more than enough girl here to go round while we give out the 3rd eleven to outsiders to manage cool

iKarma:

In the bible, satan came in the form of snake. Today, you're worshipping snakes.

Don't pick and choose your bible verses.

Anambra men will soon end up marrying themselves the way Ibo girls are marrying Yoruba and NDeltans.
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by iKarma: 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
asha90:
Nobody worships the snake. The truth is that those Pythons are harmless and walks around people without hurting them. We have more than enough girl here to go round while we give out the 3rd eleven to outsiders to manage cool

You give out your girls to marry? Are your women not free enough to make their own choices?

Can they at least inherit now?

Calling other Ibos foreigners because of snakey snakey........ No be worship be that? Like Indians who worship cows.

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by iKarma: 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
Aroh48:
playing with snakes? Are you human?

Lmao ibeere nla. grin

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by wristbangle: 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

Hmmm! My igbo friend from Abia state narrated her story of how her parents boyfriend went against their decision to marry hence he must marry an anambra indigene by force. Meanwhile this is almost a 4yrs relationship.

Isn't it time for them to do away with this "royal blood" of a thing? This act is enough alter the unity of biafra as no one is ready to mingle with peacock people.
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by northvietnam(m): 6:34pm On Aug 14, 2016
Sayelabola:

I doubted you not.
Ok..

Sayelabola post=48477147:

I doubted you not.

ok

But does green snakes attack foreigners in your place at first sight?

Sayelabola:

But does green snakes attack foreigners in your place at first sight?

NO. just the stuff that happens when snake bite people, like mistakenly matching on it or you ran into a snake..
remember snakes normally goes for attack first when they sense danger.. ir feel uncomfortable .. thats just their nature.

Because that might warrant the foreigner(s) to fight for his life.

Sayelabola:

Because that might warrant the foreigner(s) to fight for his life.

move around with a locals if u want to visit streams or bushes .
if the person mistakenly kills one, the person should notify the locals at once.

Sayelabola:

And I hope there is an aforewarning to all foreigners touring "your place"?

NO. the lecturing is left for the persons host

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by asha90: 6:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
Nobody called anyone a foreigner. It was the reporter who did that to draw traffic to their site.

iKarma:

You give out your girls to marry? Are your women not free enough to make their own choices?

Can they at least inherit now?

Calling other Ibos foreigners because of snakey snakey........ No be worship be that? Like Indians who worship cows.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by RickyTan: 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2016
iKarma:

Just 7 million? Do a recount. 1 Hausa in Enugu, that's enough to make it a no mans land lol.

Bros - Reality is Reality.
You may not like the reality but that is your problem
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by iKarma: 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
RickyTan:

Bros - Reality is Reality.
You may not like the reality but that is your problem

Do you like your reality that Enugu is no mans land? cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by iKarma: 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
asha90:
Nobody called anyone a foreigner. It was the reporter who did that to draw traffic to their site.

You ignored some questions cheesy
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by RickyTan: 6:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
[quote author=iKarma post=48481021]

Do you like your reality that Enugu is no mans land? cheesy[/quote

Yes I like the reality of Enugu.
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by iKarma: 6:44pm On Aug 14, 2016
RickyTan:

Yes I like the reality of Enugu

Me too. The herdsmen are taking back their land.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Habakus: 6:45pm On Aug 14, 2016
murphyibiam15:

let Anambra with their smallest land mass after Lagos form their B!iafra....Ebonyi people are not interested....same reason Ebonyi people voted against regionalism in 2014 national conference bc we dont want any same government with those ed!otic tribalists...
It's quite unfortunate that you harbor such dirty misgivings against your fellow Igbo - that's if you're indeed Igbo.
See the kind of unadaulterated rubbish that is coming out of your mouth against your own Brother.
Big sha.me on you!
And a bigger sha.me to you if you're educated and you still have this kind of devilish thoughts.
Mention that Igbo state you think in your small mind that is perfect?
Don't you know that the glory of Anambra or Ebonyi is the glory of the whole SE states,and Nigeria?
Once more,sha.me on you.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by tobisco29(m): 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2016
northvietnam:
some people might neglect it but this is just the truth.
my place we dont kill green snakes, if u eventually do, its either yoi giv it a befitting burial or u face the calamity that comes with it

i could remember my childhood days when we visit for xmas, if we go swimming they do play with snakes, putting it on ur neck, throwing it at some one one putting it inside ur panties and it will crawl out..

make no mistakes, it do bite foreigners ....
wer u cum 4rm
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by RickyTan: 6:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
iKarma:

Me too. The herdsmen are taking back their land.

Lol. Okay - but herdsmen were in Nsukka Area not Enugu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Wechat Sign Up/create Account, Sign In, Dowdload Wechat, Www.wechat.com / Escaped Kano Lion Eats Ostrich As Zookeepers Mull Killing Animal (video) / 'Albino Turtle': Yellow Turtle In India (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.