Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,963 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? (37155 Views)

Kaduna Doctors Tell El-rufai To Correct Shortfall In Salaries / Dismissed Staff Were Adequately Compensated – Heritage Bank / Heritage Bank Sacks 400 Staff - NAN (2) (3) (4)

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by eluquenson(m): 2:30pm On Sep 06, 2016
God have mercy oh
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by toluxa1(m): 2:32pm On Sep 06, 2016
They are slashing salary. We at MMM are getting 30% profit. And yet they keep flooding the media with propaganda. Why dem no just carry gun dey kill people.

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by jrusky(m): 2:33pm On Sep 06, 2016
So funny indeed I can't belief this will ever happen in Nigeria. Nigerians can you see your lives I'm very sure majority of those salary to be slash are those who voted for APC now see your lives so miserable when you get full salary its not even enough to bear the burdens of your bills now its cut half I wonder how you will survive. "APC for CHAIN"

When one of my boys came crying for his salary slashed in another bank name with-held so unfortunate for him this young guy was booming I mean smiling home everyday, living a good life and have a very good ride during last regime but since our taller than senses got to power this young man life went down like a fallen hero and he was one of those who was ready to kill because of Buhari and APC during the last election now the clock has wrongly turned against him and he is weeping around like a baby I told him he has not seen anything yet because when I was warning him not to vote for this party that plunge Nigeria to a total Night mare he did not listen now it has happened.

This is just a start I have said before and I'm still saying it that Nigerians ain't seen anything yet. More hunger, failure, joblessness etc still loading ready to explode. I know some goats will say how does this concern Buhari or APC please use your greazy sense to ask yourself who should be blame is it me or a govt that has no ECONOMY plan, a defiant govt, a satanic govt from the pit the of hell, a govt that has no dream, a govt that all they know is to lie, all they know is to arrest people any howAnd yet they keep defending their failure finally, Buhari and his party finally ends up putting Nigeria into recession.

Edo people and Ondo people if you like vote for APC again hunger never catch you all when hunger hit you well your brains will wake up.
If you want to know the truth ask your parent, brother, sister or relations to tell you how was Nigeria in 1984 when this same man was a military president then you will get the message quiet well. No offense to people with brain please not the deluded, confused APC members.

Truth is so bitter but I won't stop peaking it.

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 06, 2016
rusher14:
I should be seeing flyers and threads concerning how to make baskets, school bags, slippers, torchlights, lightbulbs etc.

We depend too much on banking jobs that have traditionally been short term and unreliable.

The Nigerian youth should farm, make finished goods that have relevance to them and the larger society.

Until this is done, I'm sorry but there'll always be a large fraction of unemployed and underpaid amongst the youth.

How many millions of youths are working in the Bank?
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by san316(m): 2:55pm On Sep 06, 2016
BIG FAT LIE!!!!!

YOUR FRIEND DOESN'T WANT TO GIVE U MONEY ANY MORE. PART OF THE STRATEGY FOR COPING WITH RECESSION. I WORK WITH HBL AND I EARN MY FULL PAY.

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by rusher14: 2:57pm On Sep 06, 2016
asuustrike2009:

How many millions of youths are working in the Bank?

The banking is a service sector quite dependent on the other economy.

As long as the average Nigerian graduate's first thought is a banking job, as long as SMEs are in the minority there would always be gloom in the banking industry.

I think we should stop making excuses really. The time to knuckle down hard is now.

We need to produce.

Whether it be corn or cornflakes.

The banking sector can never be the key employer of labour we think it should be.

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by ponlear(m): 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2016
I am a staff of Heritage Bank, slashing of salary news is false. There was rather an increament by 10%. A portion our pay is tied to performance. You have to perform to get higher pay...#Simple

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by waldigit: 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
rhymaholic:
Be thankful for what you have.

A friend who works with HERITAGE BANK told me that they've been getting half of their pay since last month as instructed by the bank. All staff across board had their salaries slashed into half, is either you take it or you resign. The bank took the decision so as not to sack anybody and so as to stay afloat.

Heritage bank which is basically into commercial banking have been struggling to keep their books in check since the implementation of the TSA.

Yeah it's the beginning of real thing in the country. The country is about to take shape and take off. Instead many years of self disillusion. The real sector is ailing and the secondary sectors booming. this misnormal is only possible in corruption thriving environment.
Let everyone go back and be skilled in viable thing that can change this country. Enough of celebration of mediocrity.
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2016
rusher14:

As long as the average Nigerian graduate's first thought is a banking job, as long as SMEs are in the minority there would always be gloom in the banking industry.

I think we should stop making excuses really. The time to knuckle down hard is now.

We need to produce.

The banking sector can never be the key employer of labour we think it should be.

And you think we're not producing? Have you asked what input has government put in place to enable growth? No electricity, high cost of sourcing power, restrictions on forex, multiple tax system e.t.c are the mitigating factors affecting or discouraging youth from venturing into SME business. Haven't you wonder why most youths travel out to run similar business that they abandoned here?
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by rusher14: 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2016
jrusky:
So funny indeed I can't belief this will ever happen in Nigeria. Nigerians can you see your lives I'm very sure majority of those salary to be slash are those who voted for APC now see your lives so miserable when you get full salary its not even enough to bear the burdens of your bills now its cut half I wonder how you will survive. "APC for CHAIN"

When one of my boys came crying for his salary slashed in another bank name with-held so unfortunate for him this young guy was booming I mean smiling home everyday, living a good life and have a very good ride during last regime but since our taller than senses got to power this young man life went down like a fallen hero and he was one of those who was ready to kill because of Buhari and APC during the last election now the clock has wrongly turned against him and he is weeping around like a baby I told him he has not seen anything yet because when I was warning him not to vote for this party that plunge Nigeria to a total Night mare he did not listen now it has happened.

This is just a start I have said before and I'm still saying it that Nigerians ain't seen anything yet. More hunger, failure, joblessness etc still loading ready to explode. I know some goats will say how does this concern Buhari or APC please use your greazy sense to ask yourself who should be blame is it me or a govt that has no ECONOMY plan, a defiant govt, a satanic govt from the pit the of hell, a govt that has no dream, a govt that all they know is to lie, all they know is to arrest people any howAnd yet they keep defending their failure finally, Buhari and his party finally ends up putting Nigeria into recession.

Edo people and Ondo people if you like vote for APC again hunger never catch you all when hunger hit you well your brains will wake up.
If you want to know the truth ask your parent, brother, sister or relations to tell you how was Nigeria in 1984 when this same man was a military president then you will get the message quiet well. No offense to people with brain please not the deluded, confused APC members.

Truth is so bitter but I won't stop peaking it.

[b]It is buhari causing recession in Venezuela, making Saudi Arabia consider a new tax regime, pushing Russia on the brink of a recession?

Oil companies have cut back spendings worldwide that is also Buhari's fault?

I know many of us would rather follow our in built hate rather than follow logic, but the fact is the oil industry has suffered a massive hit for the better part of 2 years now and its effect is felt in even more buoyant economies such as Canada. Go to Aberdeen in Scotland and ask how things have been in the last 2 years and especially what it's been like in the last 12 months.

Fact remains as long as we are a monoconomy we would continue to suffer these swings in resonance with the price of the barrel of oil in the international market.

The consequences would always be borne by all as that is the fulcrum upon which our economy is based.

Time for Nigerians to get busy producing rather than lamenting.

The Internet is such a great source of information it is scary that we still think it is mostly for chatting. [/b]

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by vanvick247(m): 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2016
anochuko01:
When is the next free bus to Germany? I'm thinking of relocating already!

Gosh this country is so messed up. Abeg wen you see that free bus just let me know. Coz I gats relocate too.
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by rusher14: 3:27pm On Sep 06, 2016
asuustrike2009:

And you think we're not producing? Have you asked what input has government put in place to enable growth? No electricity, high cost of sourcing power, restrictions on forex, multiple tax system e.t.c are the mitigating factors affecting or discouraging youth from venturing into SME business. Haven't you wonder why most youths travel out to run similar business that they abandoned here?

Tell me the government is not running round to improve the power situation or do these things come overnight?

What are the restrictions on forex preventing you from manufacturing? Please state them?

What policy has impacted you the most? How does your business help the economy, the local community?

What are these similar businesses our youth run to abroad?

Let's face it we have never really been a producing economy. Granted, we have had some choking factors preventing us from achieving these objectives as individuals, yet collectively we've never really fancied the idea.

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by amtaken(f): 3:28pm On Sep 06, 2016
I wonder who cursed Buhari. This is not ordinary.
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
The earlier the dumb nomad is sent back to the manger, the better fof nig!
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by benega: 4:15pm On Sep 06, 2016
izzou:
Full salary no dey reach, dem con give me half

Hian

God, please have mercy on Nigeria

broda am already working on ma french. Le pais est tre dur!!!
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by shotin(m): 4:45pm On Sep 06, 2016
Patiently waiting for our senators and honorables from the national assembly to slash their salaries?
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Jay1988: 5:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
They will slah 95% very soon, how long till many Nigerians go and work essential jobs like teaching and farming and creating things that we need

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by maasoap(m): 5:16pm On Sep 06, 2016
power900:
I tell you bro, don't be surprise to see banks open if it falls on a weekday,lol, niaja is in the worst government ,even worse than abacha's own
It is not about the worst government but of course, your statement is political.
We were being warned in the past to diversify our economy if we didn't want to witness what we are witnessing today but past administrations were only paying lip services to economy diversification.
Jonathan was selling barrel of oil for over $100 yet he and Okonjo continued to borrow recklessly and you saw nothing bad.
2015 budget was called budget of agricultural transformation yet a paltry some of N 6 billion was earmarked for agriculture in the entire budget!
So Mr man, it is about the current time and not current government.

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Jay1988: 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2016
rusher14:

We need to produce.

What do u do in Nigeria ? What's your job description? Does it make Nigeria better in any way?
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by rusher14: 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
Jay1988:

What do u do in Nigeria ? What's your job description? Does it make Nigeria better in any way?

I'm sorry I cannot reveal what I do for personal reasons.

However, I would say it brings in foreign exchange.
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Jay1988: 5:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
rusher14:

I'm sorry I cannot reveal what I do for personal reasons.

However, I would say it brings in foreign exchange.
hmmm I smell forex or nairabet ooh.. ,!
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by rusher14: 5:47pm On Sep 06, 2016
Jay1988:
hmmm I smell forex or nairabet ooh.. ,!

Those aren't the only sources of forex in the economy.

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Jay1988: 5:52pm On Sep 06, 2016
rusher14:

Those aren't the only sources of forex in the economy.

Seems like I got your trading category there?
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by perryy(m): 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
D5000y:
how true is this? Can somebody confirm and revert ASAP. Prolly your friend is a contract staff who knows ;Dhow true is this? Can somebody confirm and revert ASAP. Prolly your friend is a contract staff who knows

It is not 50% but 30% . I work in CLD branch .

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Ganjafama(m): 6:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
oweniwe:

Where is the capital nau..... Do you think farming does not require capital ?

The fastest yielding agric ventures are catfish, snail and vegetables farming I think.... Even those ones require suitable land, fence / security, water/borehole and feed/labor/herbicides..

If capital is available, youths will farm
Snail farming is even worse than poultry farming. Snails mature in 13-14 months.
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by babsdeebabs(m): 7:34pm On Sep 06, 2016
rhymaholic:
Be thankful for what you have.

A friend who works with HERITAGE BANK told me that they've been getting half of their pay since last month as instructed by the bank. All staff across board had their salaries slashed into half, is either you take it or you resign. The bank took the decision so as not to sack anybody and so as to stay afloat.

Heritage bank which is basically into commercial banking have been struggling to keep their books in check since the implementation of the TSA.
@ rhymaholic or what's ur name, u just spread a false news! Ur story doesnt have any element of truth in it.

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by ireneidiva(f): 8:09pm On Sep 06, 2016
rusher14:

There's 170 million people in this country alone.

There's the West African market and if your product catches on there's the world market.

Stop thinking small.
The people currently involved have sold/exported how many?
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by rusher14: 9:20pm On Sep 06, 2016
ireneidiva:

The people currently involved have sold/exported how many?

Matter of choice.

Since you don't think manufacturing/production offers any way out you might look to go into banking or any other service that satisfies your disposition.

Can't complain about your finances then.
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by olascottpeter(m): 9:45pm On Sep 06, 2016
murphyrichy:
Half bread always better than none. wow, the first time am making FTC on Front page. I dedicate it to my first love. my one 'n' only Mum. May God continue to protect her.
What do you get from bring the first to comment?
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Emmanueledu(m): 10:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
And here I was thinking it only applies to my firm! This recession is real ooo

Computer Science: Where Can I Work? / Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies / After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73